Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Developer lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

titaniumone posted:

if you're not going to post the reasons then don't bother mentioning it at all, noone loving cares about what you know if you're not going to share it

you are the games forum version of the fat kid who claims his dad works at nintendo and he knows all about the new games coming out but he can't tell you because it's a secret

Calm down friend, two weeks

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

titaniumone posted:

if you're not going to post the reasons then don't bother mentioning it at all, noone loving cares about what you know if you're not going to share it

you are the games forum version of the fat kid who claims his dad works at nintendo and he knows all about the new games coming out but he can't tell you because it's a secret

Dude chill. Derek Smart has predicted, accurately I bet, that something big is going to happen at some point between now and the end of the project. You can naysay all you want but I 100% assure you that he's right on the money.

He can't tell us, but when it happens he'll be the first to let us know that it was exactly what he meant. Also another thing is going to happen after that! Stay tuned!

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Atreiden posted:

Yeah I know and I can understand why kickstarter does it that way. But I still think that there should be some way to report such flagrant plagiarism as this case without being a copyright holder or a report obvious scam option. Same with commenting on a project, I can't really see the reason for why only backers can comment on a project. I guess it's to avoid having to moderate comments from trolls, spammers etc. but it means you have to pledge money to a scammer to call him out.

You can report a Kickstarter if the creator or backer is breaking one of their community guidelines. How is this relevant? I'm glad you asked.

Report away.

e: There's also "False claims. Creators cannot present facts or biographical details in a false or misleading way." I'd say claiming that copy-pasted photoshops are original art is presenting facts in a false or misleading way.

Sunswipe fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Mar 27, 2016

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Derek: after all this CIG stuff is done and over with, will you please create a game called STAR GOONS?

And you have to have a valid forums account to play.

Thanks!

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Dusty Lens posted:

Dude chill. Derek Smart has predicted, accurately I bet, that something big is going to happen at some point between now and the end of the project. You can naysay all you want but I 100% assure you that he's right on the money.

He can't tell us, but when it happens he'll be the first to let us know that it was exactly what he meant. Also another thing is going to happen after that! Stay tuned!

just don't forget this thread is about making fun of a group of people that blindly put their faith in a lovely has-been game designer from long ago

dont fall into the same trap

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

peter gabriel posted:

Y'all can kiss my rear end

first in line

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

CharlestonJew posted:

just don't forget this thread is about making fun of a group of people that blindly put their faith in a lovely has-been game designer from long ago

!!!

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

CharlestonJew posted:

If I give Derek $15,000 can I get a completionits pack of his juiciest secrets?

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

Sunswipe posted:

You can report a Kickstarter if the creator or backer is breaking one of their community guidelines. How is this relevant? I'm glad you asked.

Report away.

Reported the kickstarter with various images floating around here.
I'm sure when they get multiple mails from people all reporting the same stuff some action will be taken.

Crazy_BlackParrot fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Mar 27, 2016

Risc1911
Mar 1, 2016

Crazy_BlackParrot posted:

Reported the kickstarted with various images floating around here.
I'm sure when they get multiple mails from people all reporting the same stuff some action will be taken.

Yeah thats what i did. Use the normal community report.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Dusty Lens posted:

Lmao

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Remember the private forum for game developers that Derek wasn't allowed in to? Lol

titaniumone
Jun 10, 2001

Dusty Lens posted:

:)

stinch
Nov 21, 2013

MilesK posted:

If I give Derek $15,000 can I get a completionits pack of his juiciest secrets?

Will be in his store in two weeks.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Has anybody reached out to WotC about that D&D picture?

They tend to be pretty heavy handed when defending their IP, which could be deeply funny.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Daztek posted:

I know nothing about shitposting, I hope Eonwe doesn't notice I just c/p his posts and change a few words

I know nothing about shitposting, I hope Daztek doesn't notice I just c/p his posts and change a few words

NOTIFICATION: This is a parody, and, as such, is covered under fair use laws. My uncle is a lawyer for Nintendo and he told me this is how it works.

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

Eonwe posted:

though neither of them probably find me that funny

Your message was the only thing that I laughed at.

Ever.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

People are starting to quietly cancel their pledges. The funding has been bobbing around for about 2 hours now as new backers put money in, and other backers see what's up and pull out.

Kicktraq's last total was $42,550, current total $42,509

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Eonwe posted:

to be honest my shitposting style was heavily cribbed from BlackBabyGoku and Widestancer

Eonwe posted:

though neither of them probably find me that funny

Look. We're talking DREEEEEEEEAMMMMMMSSSS here, not comedy.

Atreiden
May 4, 2008

Sunswipe posted:

Report away.

e: There's also "False claims. Creators cannot present facts or biographical details in a false or misleading way." I'd say claiming that copy-pasted photoshops are original art is presenting facts in a false or misleading way.

hah how did I miss that :confused:

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Beet Wagon posted:

They tend to be pretty heavy handed when defending their IP, which could be deeply funny.

I really hope someone does report it.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Beet Wagon posted:

It's not WotC, it's Hasbro that has the final say. And those fuckers are like a 10 ton hammer when it comes to their stuff being used for profit w/o permission.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Atreiden posted:

hah how did I miss that :confused:

I have far too much time on my hands.

Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

DESPAIR MORTALS, FOR I WISH TO PLAY PATTY-CAKE
The best part is that I'd be willing to bet that someone in some capacity encouraged Derek to stop leaking things publicly but he simply cannot resist telling everyone that he knows something

Like my daughter when one of her friends tells her a secret

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

I hate to do this. But so much good information has been spread out over the past 50 or so pages. Before I dig through to put together something worth assembling into a comprehensive report is there a good singular post that someone has/had open recently that really puts together a picture comprehensive enough to slap into a report?

Figure it's better to ask before scrolling through the pages.

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

Xaerael posted:

People are starting to quietly cancel their pledges. The funding has been bobbing around for about 2 hours now as new backers put money in, and other backers see what's up and pull out.

Kicktraq's last total was $42,550, current total $42,509

I read some of you comments, doing god's work son.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Dusty Lens posted:

I hate to do this. But so much good information has been spread out over the past 50 or so pages. Before I dig through to put together something worth assembling into a comprehensive report is there a good singular post that someone has/had open recently that really puts together a picture comprehensive enough to slap into a report?

Figure it's better to ask before scrolling through the pages.

Actually someone put up a pretty decent post on reddit over here

https://www.reddit.com/r/boardgames/comments/4c59bx/startraders_board_game_uses_stolen_artwork_to/

which seems to only have about half the pictures, but it's a decent jumping off point.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Screams eeeEEE posted:

Your message was the only thing that I laughed at.

Ever.

I'm glad 1 out of 24000 of my posts made you laugh

titaniumone
Jun 10, 2001

Palisader posted:

The best part is that I'd be willing to bet that someone in some capacity encouraged Derek to stop leaking things publicly but he simply cannot resist telling everyone that he knows something

i can't tell whether he knows stuff and just can't contain himself or whether he knows gently caress all and wants to feel important

it's a real genuine forums mystery

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Xaerael posted:

It's not WotC, it's Hasbro that has the final say. And those fuckers are like a 10 ton hammer when it comes to their stuff being used for profit w/o permission.

The image is from Pathfinder which is published by Paizo, but I have no idea how the DnD/WoTC/Paizo/Hasbro stuff goes

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
pgabz if this lovely board game gets crowdfunded you've got to make a vid where you play it

I dunno how you can make physical objects irl clip through each other but I have faith in you

Atreiden
May 4, 2008

I like to imagine that Derek's legal team constantly have to stop him from spilling the beans, but he just to excited not to.

stinch
Nov 21, 2013

Palisader posted:

I'm too busy to explain it to you know, check my blog in two weeks.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Atreiden posted:

I like to imagine that Derek's legal team constantly have to stop him from spilling the beans, but he just to excited not to.

They sit in his office, his computer is on something like Live TV with a delay so they can read stuff. But Derek Smart knows how to spoil anything, so he posts so fast they cant stop everything.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

CharlestonJew posted:

pgabz if this lovely board game gets crowdfunded you've got to make a vid where you play it

I dunno how you can make physical objects irl clip through each other but I have faith in you

I will do this.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

titaniumone posted:

i can't tell whether he knows stuff and just can't contain himself or whether he knows gently caress all and wants to feel important

it's a real genuine forums mystery

Or is saying he knows stuff purely so CIG will gently caress up even more in an attempt to prove him wrong. Best not to worry about it, just enjoy the ride, commando. \o

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Crazy_BlackParrot posted:

I read some of you comments, doing god's work son.

Knowing what I can and can't do artistically is literally part of my day to day life. Sure, there is some wiggle room. A good example is *most* (i.e., not Disney or Microsoft) copyright owners don't mind people making costumes or fanart of their stuff for profit, as it raises their public visibility essentially for free, especially in the case of costumes being worn at events where their stuff is probably being sold. The industry calls them "walking billboards".

titaniumone
Jun 10, 2001

Atreiden posted:

i like to imagine derek doesn't have a legal team involved in any of this because it's insane to think he's spending tens of thousands of dollars (or more) running down imaginary boogeymen

i don't have to imagine very hard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

titaniumone
Jun 10, 2001

Sunswipe posted:

Or is saying he knows stuff purely so CIG will gently caress up even more in an attempt to prove him wrong. Best not to worry about it, just enjoy the ride, commando. \o

the ride could be better without derek's flailing hands slapping me in the back of the head every time we crest a hill

• Locked thread