Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

I'll develop $olar Merchant$.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Xaerael posted:

I'll develop $olar Merchant$.

here is some art you can use

http://imgur.com/a/Tnuku

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Don't buy shroud of the avatar

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Hey guys, we should make our own original game using nothing but shutterstock photos, but forget to edit out the watermarks slightly.

We could call it the great paaarp heist.

paaarp

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Chairman Wao posted:

Here's a thing my friend made.

I died.

:vince:

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Time Tim Buckley works the same way.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

grimcreaper posted:

As a parody, someone who make some Goon Trader "art" and send him copies saying we need kickstarter money.

The sad part is, the actual game seems rather ok:ish. Sure, it's 80:s as gently caress with all the random design(non)sensibilities of that era, but by the look and description of it on BGG, it might be due for a nostalgic reprint (or maybe even a '10s rule update).

I suppose that you could parody that by making an actual modern card-based space trading game, but at that point, most people would just think you made a worse version of Galaxy Trucker.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Finished the box and board!

$50 each, plz.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Xaerael posted:

$50 each, plz.

Where's the kickstarter

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
PSA:

Just posting this here for reference so that you all can bookmark it. You'll soon find out why.

The trigger in ToS v1.2 which will require (they won't do it voluntarily) them to provide refunds and a full accounting, will expire 18 months from when they promised the project to be delivered on Nov 2014. It was set to expire in Nov 2015 as per the previous ToS. Then they extended it from 12 to 18 months. So the new expiration date is Mar 31, 2016.

NOTE: It doesn't matter when you pledged. As long as you accessed their services (game, forum) and AGREED to the ToS v1.2 revision, you are subject to it. All previous versions would then be null and void. However, if you NEVER accessed their systems, and thus never agreed to ToS v1.2, then you are not only due a refund, but also due a full accounting as per the previous ToS versions.

More details here.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Eonwe posted:

Where's the kickstarter

No kickstarter, you just send the $50 to my offshore account. Don't worry, it's not a scam.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

this gif shows that Jessica has bigger bumpers than Maleficent

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

EminusSleepus posted:

this gif shows that Jessica has bigger bumpers than Maleficent

no the person who made it just did a lovely job

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Xaerael posted:

$50 each, plz.

I have improved your game with ORIGINAL PLAYER TOKENS, I want a 100k consulting fee for it.

That check better not bounce either.

paaarp

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

What.... No. Please say this is a loving joke and a bunch of loving idiot goons trolling each other.. Theres no way someone could put that much into a lovely non existant game and be ok with it...

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.

stinch posted:

If :lesnick: ever quits his job I recon Clifford would make a great replacement.

quits? You mean when they crane him out of the building in a body bag?

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

The Star Traders and the artist's twitters have been utterly silent since yesterday

iron buns
Jan 12, 2016

Dark Off posted:

"people do it all the time to star citizen ... we just ignor it"
:wtchris:

I know nothing about copyright infringement development, but isn't his stream "contributing to, facilitating, inducing, or is otherwise responsible for" raising more money for this kickstarter? As in secondary liability: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secondary_liability

e: can't type on mobile

iron buns fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Mar 27, 2016

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Funding has utterly stalled. 3 hours, stuck at $42,500-ish. I'm 100% sure it WILL get funded because some SC retard/croberts will kick in the last chunk, or Old Geezer will kick in the last chunk at the zero hour.

Kicktraq's final results will tell all.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

grimcreaper posted:

What.... No. Please say this is a loving joke and a bunch of loving idiot goons trolling each other.. Theres no way someone could put that much into a lovely non existant game and be ok with it...

clifford owns the channel, so he is definitely not a goon :)

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

:pwn:

sorla78
Oct 11, 2012

EAT THE PAIN AWAY!

fuctifino posted:

There is a book with Star Traders too? With Chris and Sandi, in their plagiarised costumes?

Isn't that star traders station a trimmed deep space nine?

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.

titaniumone posted:

i like to imagine derek doesn't have a legal team involved in any of this because it's insane to think he's spending tens of thousands of dollars (or more) running down imaginary boogeymen

i don't have to imagine very hard

His disposable income is such that "tens of thousands of dollars (or more)" is probably the equivalent of some Goons spending 250 bucks on an autism chariot. It's not that big of a deal to him. I like to imagine you'll contribute to the thread, that's harder than what you're imagining.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Lime Tonics posted:

I have improved your game with ORIGINAL PLAYER TOKENS, I want a 100k consulting fee for it.

That check better not bounce either.

paaarp

I will send a cheque immediately for the sum of 100k Republic of Xaetopia Dinars. Thanx for your contribution, Merchant!

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

:saddowns:

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.

Chairman Wao posted:

Here's a thing my friend made.

That is legitimately funny.

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'

Eonwe posted:

I stumbled on his channel, knowing he was playing SC, but not knowing his backing amount, and asked several quite pointed questions. He didn't seem too terrible. $37k is quite the doozy, though, and he seems blinded - clearly - to the realities of what's happening.

At least he didn't come off like a douchebag when I talked to him, I guess? IDK.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
That better be one of you guys or my faith in humanity is gone

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Eonwe posted:

Clifford the big loving retard.

Atreiden
May 4, 2008

grimcreaper posted:

No Clifford is one of the most insane backers

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

grimcreaper posted:

Clifford the big loving retard.

Clifford aka Miku

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
I'm a better artist than Ryan Archer

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
note the lack of :smug:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Daztek posted:

Clifford aka Miku

fun fact, in May, there will be a Miku concert in Dallas that I will be going to

im not lying, lmao

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.

grimcreaper posted:

Clifford the big RED loving retard.

don't leave out that clifford is red. That's raycism.

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.

Atreiden posted:

No Clifford is one of the most insane backers

I'm sorry.. MOST insane? There is a long list of people vying for that title. Are you sure clifford is more insane than dickwulf? I mean dickwulf has my vote for most insane backer.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

ideate posted:

hey speaking of kickstarters

you guys remember this?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cig/star-citizen/posts/447699?cursor=2666126

who has their crossbow!!?

UEE Restriction: RED

also is "Shroud of the Avatar" a real game now or is there a thread on bizarro SA like this one?

Here's the SA thread. Only 10 pages of "meh" and running for the past 2 years. SotA is like SC, but with whale-owned towns instead of space jpegs.

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

Who is the biggest whale we know of? Wesha is a slacker next to this guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atreiden
May 4, 2008

Darkpriest667 posted:

I'm sorry.. MOST insane? There is a long list of people vying for that title. Are you sure clifford is more insane than dickwulf? I mean dickwulf has my vote for most insane backer.

I would rank it Dickwolf, Clifford, Wesha (though Wesha and his cool millions are probably more insufferable than Clifford). I think they are all north of 30k spent on this shitshow.

• Locked thread