Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Xaerael posted:

I'd like to introduce the first "personality" character of $olar Merchant$

Introducing... Thumbrick!

L M A O

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Sunswipe posted:

So do we want the kickstarter to fail or not? Obviously I don't want thieves to prosper, but the hilarity gets dragged out if they succeed and then get sued by artists.
I want Ladyman to succeed and Archer to pound sand. I can't figure what proprietary value he brings but the liabilities are now obvious.

I feel the same mixed emotions about CIG. I want Chris and Sandi to fail but want the Foundry guys to succeed. They could've made a great high fidelity space dogfighter free of all the bumpernuts Chris has added trying overcompensate for his insecurities about having not made a game in ages... Now SQ42 is so loaded down with them it can barely move...

:gary:

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!
*Grandpa starts talking about integrity, the reason he decided to go with his gut and his career instincts on doing his game his way, his vision at terrible risk*

*Stream cuts out and pre-pubescent girl in a short skirt appears with bad looping rock music*

Imagine being a fully grown rear end man and liking some anime girl unironically.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

SomethingJones posted:

Americans really do get all the cool stuff. If this was in the UK the Robot Inspector would be a Health & Safety Officer from the local council, and by the time you filled out the paperwork and bought all the correct licenses, actual robots will have reached sentience.

"But dad I want to build a cool robot and enter the competition"
"Tough poo poo kiddo, now go and kick this ball around in the rain"

Here in Montreal (I would say Canada but they have little in common) you would have inspectors but they wouldn't give a poo poo as long as the thing is in French. On the other hand the illegal betting organized by those-businessmen-that-are-totally-not-the-mafia would make the game really interesting.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

I asked in the chat if they were complying with Twitch guidelines and Federal law for giveaways. Somebody whispered me to "be nice", then the stream cut out.

I'm sure it's coincidental timing, but lol.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

XK posted:

I asked in the chat if they were complying with Twitch guidelines and Federal law for giveaways. Somebody whispered me to "be nice", then the stream cut out.

I'm sure it's coincidental timing, but lol.

It's just a temporary parody giveaway, everything is fine

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

SomethingJones posted:

Americans really do get all the cool stuff. If this was in the UK the Robot Inspector would be a Health & Safety Officer from the local council, and by the time you filled out the paperwork and bought all the correct licenses, actual robots will have reached sentience.

"But dad I want to build a cool robot and enter the competition"
"Tough poo poo kiddo, now go and kick this ball around in the rain"

umm....Robot Wars...

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

I think they were just moments away from announcing a winner, too.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
It'd be very appropriate if it cuts out and nobody wins and nobody gets what they want

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Kakarot posted:

umm....Robot Wars...

That was back when it was good, when Smeghead was the announcer.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Kakarot posted:

umm....Robot Wars...

Right enough, I forgot about that. War Bastard was my favourite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJ77e-Uzscs

Risc1911
Mar 1, 2016

Daztek posted:

I was actually surprised it got through the miku troll filter

you give that slack-jawed hillbilly otaku way too much credit.

OMG Ben is on the stream...

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Half the people ditched the game and let little kids take over. I still have no idea what's going on in the actual game they are promoting.

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

XK posted:

Half the people ditched the game and let little kids take over. I still have no idea what's going on in the actual game they are promoting.

DREAMS

and a grandma

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

XK posted:

I think they were just moments away from announcing a winner, too.

I think we won that match thanks to 4945 manhandling the entire team onto the ramp (every robot entirely on the gray part leading up to the tower is worth points).

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Daztek posted:

My biggest achievement is Pgabz' new avatar
That is a high honor indeed, Commando.

Your illustrated brown sea masterpiece is another high mark. That's on a lot of desktop at this point including mine.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

In the chat, I've been told "no" when I asked if any purchase was necessary. They never made it clear that the spaceship prizes come with accounts.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I'm sure they said that to claim you had to forward your RSI details to them.

Risc1911
Mar 1, 2016

Sunswipe posted:

I'm sure they said that to claim you had to forward your RSI details to them.

yeah they did ask for name and account e-mail.

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

This new man giving us story time seems like the kind of guy you say "hi" to at a party and then lose forty minutes of your life.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
random developer guy: what was on the first episode of PC Gamer?

ben: wing commander 3?

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Beet Wagon posted:

I realize reddit is a hellhole but this would make a good post on /r/quityourbullshit or one of those other places that love to work themselves up into a frenzy over stolen art.

Blast from the past but..

https://www.reddit.com/r/delusionalartists is another good option

..and https://www.reddit.com/r/quityourbullshit for the lazy

stolen parody cattes..

Risc1911
Mar 1, 2016

Ben on phone....of cause...took less than 15 minutes.

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

Developer grandpa: What is the song that most people lose their virginity to?

Lesnick: Wing Commander?

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Man, all this talk about crap games from the '90s sure makes me want to pledge to a board game kickstarter.

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

YEAH SUPPER BREAK!!! KEEP THAT LARGE, EMPTY SCREEN FRONT AND CENTER!!!!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i really want to like Ben but I think he just met his hero and will do scummy stuff for him

I think outside of this place, he would be endearing and nerdy and fun to maybe have a beer with and watch bad scifi movies

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Yeah, my radar is going off as well. The hints are beginning to show through the cracks.

Time to go do what I do best: sleuthing

Stay tuned.

Two Weeks.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Eonwe posted:

i really want to like Ben but I think he just met his hero and will do scummy stuff for him

I think outside of this place, he would be endearing and nerdy and fun to maybe have a beer with and watch bad scifi movies

Tbh, Jared would probably be fun to hang out with too if it wasn't for SC

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Darkpriest667 posted:

Ben just mentioned that he appreciates that Miku is testing the PTU and not streaming because "I know how much attention a new build gets when you're streaming." Yes Ben a whole 100 viewers out of half a million on twitch. It's a lot of attention.

Heck, I get over 350+ when I'm streaming. Go figure.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Eonwe posted:

You never know who'd kill you for a nickel until someone else offers them that nickel, nice though they appear on the surface. Ben has lied to and robbed people in the name of his hero - that makes him a henchman at best. I have no sympathy.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Samizdata posted:

But then, how do I know if the product actually works? :psyboom:

That's easy. You have pgabz YT channel for reference. That's all the proof you need that it doesn't work and has not been delivered as promised.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

D_Smart posted:

Time to go do what I do best: sleuthing
Thank god you didn't claim it was maths.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Lime Tonics posted:

When you have this guy shilling your game, and it fails, the above statement comes true.

paarpp

The face of failure.

Guys, I'm telling you, here on out, anything associated with Star Citizen, and anyone flying that banner, is considered toxic. Guaranteed.

Just think, when croberts shilled even Infinity Battlescape, it didn't make a dent. And this measly $50K project, is still staggering to the gate.

It's like Ted Cruz calling on Donald Trump to stomp for him. Oh, wait.

Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug
oh boy asking ben about when he got into wing commando he's alert now

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

I'm guessing when they say 'redo the art to be more appropriate' they mean 'steal more obscure source images and jigger up the minimum amount of original artwork to please our totally legitimate copy of Steven Scuzzbaggs Guide to Legal Art Plagarism that we bought at a Half Price Books in 2007.'

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Mendrian posted:

I'm guessing when they say 'redo the art to be more appropriate' they mean 'steal more obscure source images and jigger up the minimum amount of original artwork to please our totally legitimate copy of Steven Scuzzbaggs Guide to Legal Art Plagarism that we bought art a Half Price Books in 2007.'

There are no art sources obscure enough to stop Goons from finding and outing it within moments of its unveiling. It's a fool's errand these people are on. You'd have to be insane to allow yourself to be even tangentially linked to Star Citizen at this point.

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

"Those books are the books"-random developer grandpa

As the livestream marathon is in "downtime" so is this thread. The difference is this thread isn't trying to raise enough money to claw and scrape it's way past a funding deadline.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Mendrian posted:

I'm guessing when they say 'redo the art to be more appropriate' they mean 'steal more obscure source images and jigger up the minimum amount of original artwork to please our totally legitimate copy of Steven Scuzzbaggs Guide to Legal Art Plagarism that we bought at a Half Price Books in 2007.'

Yeah, right. Once the game is funded they'll just get the cheapest art, plastic and cardboard known to man and deliver it. Why would they do otherwise? Because they are expecting a lot of boardgame nerds to buy an old game that is out of production? It is out of production for a reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iron buns
Jan 12, 2016

"We had to teach those guys how to draw on a computer." Looks like some people could still learn a bit.

• Locked thread