Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Did Eonwe really win one of the ship raffles?

nah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

fnox posted:

https://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1512016

they also cross posted my relatively innocuous criticism in the Facepunch Star Citizen thread to rally people.

on the upside, you don't have to ever go to Facepunch again

Mick Jaggoff
Sep 11, 2012

MilesK posted:

totally original work, do not steal

good stuff

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

CAN GRANDPA loving STOP FILLING HIS loving FACE FULL OF FOOD WHILE PEEKING INTO THE GODDAMN CAMERA LIKE CREEPER SO HE CAN TRY AND SALVAGE HIS loving KICKSTARTER THAT IS LIMPING LIKE AN OLD MAN'S COCK AFTER A PREMATURE EJACULATION???

I'm about as far as possible from a copyright lawyer but I think the only way stealing Stealth and Pathfinder assets isn't a crime is if the Kickstarter doesn't go through.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Cosmic Owl posted:

good stuff

Random old duder just chewing on screen.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

nopantsjack posted:

I'm about as far as possible from a copyright lawyer but I think the only way stealing Stealth and Pathfinder assets isn't a crime is if the Kickstarter doesn't go through.

Nah, they're still liable, it's just less likely to be actioned if it fails.

ideate
Aug 20, 2002

nopantsjack posted:

it was said earlier in the thread that the attempt to profit is enough

but CIG cultists told me stealing from people is ok as long as it's for anything related to star citizen in any way

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

nopantsjack posted:

They have still been used in a commercial venture as promotional material to secure funding, all without any type of licensing that would allow for any such use.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

fnox posted:

I just got banned from Facepunch for telling people that they shouldn't put money into ships they can't yet use.

They now think I am literally Derek Smart.

Holy gently caress am I glad I stopped posting on that poo poo-tastic forum back in 2009, that whitetail dude needs to be given a swirly. At least he and the rest of those dumbasses will lose his no-doubt 4 figure "investment" in the coming years.

fnox
May 19, 2013

Eonwe posted:

on the upside, you don't have to ever go to Facepunch again

I didn't even know there was a Star Citizen hugbox in Facepunch, it seemed like a super innocuous place to have an argument about the game until the $1k+ backers came out of the woodwork.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

I can't believe that it's almost funded. Come on guys, hit them with the real questions to get them agitated on camera
Bring out the shame cannon. Bring in a lawyer with a cease and desist on camera... do something!

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

G0RF posted:

Derek gave us "That's him in the wheelchair" and many other precious moments. That is a Top 5 Greatest Thread Moments gift-- he is essential to the great work of this critically vital conversation.

I caught most of that reveal but what happened with that?

I think this was DickWulfe, who had posted here and who was a huge troll and uber-backer who was giving ungodly amounts of money to CIG.

He gets kicked out of the thread and when there is a guy in a wheelchair posted in the thread Derek identifies him with "that's him, in the wheelchair"

I think it's because we haven't talked about him recently (which in the timeline of this thread seems like a million years)

LeafHouse
Apr 22, 2008

That's what you get for not hailing to the chimp!

So this is probably a dumb question but what is Paaaarp

fnox
May 19, 2013

Justin Tyme posted:

Holy gently caress am I glad I stopped posting on that poo poo-tastic forum back in 2009, that whitetail dude needs to be given a swirly. At least he and the rest of those dumbasses will lose his no-doubt 4 figure "investment" in the coming years.

it's gone pretty downhill, it used to be way bigger (and smarter) than what it is now.

Mick Jaggoff
Sep 11, 2012

Reharakhti posted:

This is my OC please do not steal

this is fantastic

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!

spacetoaster posted:

Random old duder just chewing on screen.

I have a vision. I have an idea, burning into my brain with such ferociousness that I can barely sleep, I can barely eat. My goal, my idea becomes crystal clear in my head. My heart thumps with purpose, with a confident thump that guides my soul onto the same path. My idea needs to be released. The world must see it.

My vision requires risk. Not just of myself. Not just of my reputation, of my time, blood, sweat and tears. It requires that it be put out into the world. In a sea of ideas. Thousands, millions of ideas released a day onto the public. A torrent of wants and needs satisfied on all levels. My idea may be lost under the sea of others. My idea may never see light, may never be born from my fertile imagination and purpose to something physical, tangible. Something that may bring the joy and happiness to others, as it has to me.

So I take a risk, and put my idea out into the world. I depend on others in joining me on the journey. I take control of the ship, and guide it through the swarm of other ideas. I rise above the rest. I can see the light. The birth is around the corner. My heart thumps harder, and faster. The excitement fills my being. Hours away from the end, thousands away from my idea proving my existence, my gamble, my risk.

I decide to stay off camera for a good hour eating in silence.

I am a visionary.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

fnox posted:

it's gone pretty downhill, it used to be way bigger (and smarter) than what it is now.

I posted in that thread by the way, I used to be the equivalent of a GBS superstar in the day. Let's see how much I can wind that dude up.

Also, hello star citizen facepunch dude, I know you probably read these forums to stay ahead of the narrative war

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

LeafHouse posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_6CZ2JaEuc

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

These commandos are jonesing for ships so bad. Need a hit of that sweet sweet jpeg

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

LeafHouse posted:

its the sound of an airhorn and the sound gary oldman makes

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

D1E posted:

Why don't any of the diehard SC Cultist Whales ever stick around in this thread to play with us?

I feel grief.

I can't believe I wasted all that time writing actual effort posts only for him to turn tail in 24 hours.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2EJRJj7-oQ

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

LeafHouse posted:

:gary:

fnox
May 19, 2013

Justin Tyme posted:

I posted in that thread by the way, I used to be the equivalent of a GBS superstar in the day. Let's see how much I can wind that dude up.

Also, hello star citizen facepunch dude, I know you probably read these forums to stay ahead of the narrative war

The name Derek Smart is up for grabs in Facepunch by the way if you wanna really rile him up

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Oh boy they're bringing Ben back for the last 60 minutes of this stream

I hope he talks more about wing commander and plays on his phone

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

fnox posted:

The name Derek Smart is up for grabs in Facepunch by the way if you wanna really rile him up

Haha, if only I cared so much. Unlike here you'd get swat down too fast for being too abrasive.

Lord Kinbote
Feb 27, 2016

"I must go,my people need me"

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

I have a vision. I have an idea, burning into my brain with such ferociousness that I can barely sleep, I can barely eat. My goal, my idea becomes crystal clear in my head. My heart thumps with purpose, with a confident thump that guides my soul onto the same path. My idea needs to be released. The world must see it.

My vision requires risk. Not just of myself. Not just of my reputation, of my time, blood, sweat and tears. It requires that it be put out into the world. In a sea of ideas. Thousands, millions of ideas released a day onto the public. A torrent of wants and needs satisfied on all levels. My idea may be lost under the sea of others. My idea may never see light, may never be born from my fertile imagination and purpose to something physical, tangible. Something that may bring the joy and happiness to others, as it has to me.

So I take a risk, and put my idea out into the world. I depend on others in joining me on the journey. I take control of the ship, and guide it through the swarm of other ideas. I rise above the rest. I can see the light. The birth is around the corner. My heart thumps harder, and faster. The excitement fills my being. Hours away from the end, thousands away from my idea proving my existence, my gamble, my risk.

I decide to stay off camera for a good hour eating in silence.

I am a visionary.

Old Grandpa: Hey Chris, it's that guy making the fake game, featuring your fake game. I know you want a planet named after you but we're going to have to call it off, the jig's up and I can't go back to jail.

Chris: Uhhh nuhm bahp dohm pahp, bap bap bap.

Old Grandpa: I'm sorry, Chris? Are you cancelling the last minute fund?

New voice: Listen poo poo-for-brains, you have no idea what you just stumbled into. When you asked Star Citizen to back your product you enlisted in the War against the Smart One! The baleful eye of SAron has turned upon you but weather it you must!

Old Grandpa: Wh- who is this?

New voice: ... I'm the best goddamn saleswoman in the 'verse.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

G0RF posted:

pick your poison... I'm guessing it's 3b, based on EightAce's earlier hints and Derek's recent hints.

I'm really not sure. It's an interesting theory. I rather wish that our various know all seers had reported on if Tony himself was currently in LA (or, if he is, I'm unaware of it).

While I'm no great mind my lizard brain feels that Erin Roberts is content with concluding Squadron 42 and, for all I know, remains enthused with his revisit to a familiar genre despite the obvious hurdles with which he must be working. It strikes me as very odd that he would be tasked with the burden of figuring out anything related to Tony's domain of PU poo poo. At least I think it was PU poo poo. Anyways. The only reason I could see a need to call in Erin is if Chris is being a chickenshit about firing people and needed to fly his brother all the way to California to do it (which seems unlikely given the various legends of Sandi's infamous cackling delight regarding that chore) or if Erin has been given the unhappy task of assuming 100% control of all production associated with the game pending Chris' lapse of interest with anything unrelated to telling people how to wave their hands in mocap gear.

But I doubt that Erin is interested in that side of things. It also strikes me as weird that CR would bow out of those changes given his apparent delight with micromanagement.

Circular pointless nonsense aside. It could simply be that CR needs to do more poo poo in Manchester to re-shoot mocap ladder animations for the 28th time and they decided that if one Roberts is in Manchester the other should be in LA.

This is a terrible post.

Holy poo poo.

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH who asked about the JPEG'S????

EDIT In case I am the only idiot still watching this, someone asked Grandpa if he would just sell JPEG's instead of a game, since that is where the real money is. Miku, being a goddamn idiot even though he is on the hunt for "trolls", lets this question go through. Grandpa, god bless him, thinks it's a real question.

fnox
May 19, 2013

Justin Tyme posted:

Haha, if only I cared so much. Unlike here you'd get swat down too fast for being too abrasive.

I would do it but I'm poo poo at really getting reactions out of people.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Xaerael posted:

When it gets to the last 10 mins, you watch, massive pull out.

Once it reaches the goal amount, you can't pull money out to make it drop below the goal.

I want them to fail at sniping their own kickstarter so bad. But it seems like there are more whales putting money in than pulling out. So they might not even need to throw a thousand or two in at the end.

Watching the amount bounce up and down :gary:

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

it kind of sucks this old man who seems REALLY into board games is going to get hosed over this , he just wanted to make something fun for himself

and Fedora is nowhere to be found now, leaving grandpa hanging

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

Tokamak posted:

Once it reaches the goal amount, you can't pull money out to make it drop below the goal.

I want them to fail at sniping their own kickstarter so bad. But it seems like there are more whales putting money in than pulling out. So they might not even need to throw a thousand or two in at the end.

Watching the amount bounce up and down :gary:

Whales never know when to pull out because they never know when it's in.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Sappo569 posted:

it kind of sucks this old man who seems REALLY into board games is going to get hosed over this , he just wanted to make something fun for himself

given his reaction to the copy-pasting i have no sympathy

ideate
Aug 20, 2002

Sappo569 posted:

Fedora is playing the game

also:

https://twitter.com/ryanarcherart

no tweets since he was uncovered as being a fraud

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

ideate posted:

Fedora is playing the game

also:

https://twitter.com/ryanarcherart

no tweets since he was uncovered as being a fraud

let me guess, he's wearing the apple watch

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3
They'll be climbing over each other to throw money at it guys, they're a cult. The ONLY way to prove the goonies and the rest of the normal world wrong is to give money.

Haskell9
Sep 23, 2008

post it live
The Great Twist

D_Smart posted:

As opposed to say "your" instead of "you're" and knowing that it wasn't a typo, and that the person making that mistake is an absolute moron?

Instead of pissing about and READING the article to SEE that it has the CORRECT dates - then knowing that it was a typo here - no, that's too much loving trouble isn't it?

I was honestly tempted to make a deliberately obtuse reply just to see if I could get a usenet-era rant out of you, lol.

fnox posted:

I just got banned from Facepunch for telling people that they shouldn't put money into ships they can't yet use.

They now think I am literally Derek Smart.

Link poo poo like this FFS

A Neurotic Jew posted:

link it you ninny.

edited - e:fb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Can we keep a list of the troll questions that got answered for posterity? Some of them were really funny.

My lovely questions were meant to bore people out of donating and were:

What type of card are you using?
How many individual pieces are in the box?

Actually good goon ones:

Can I steal assets in this game?
Can I take a players card and pretend it is my card?
The JPEG one.

Old grandpa just kept earnestly reading them so I'm sure there were more since I stopped watching for the last couple hours.
The stolen assets one was my favourite.

• Locked thread