Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Mistake-a-thon so far in Canberra

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Captain Ryan James, good joke

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
Haha how much will that Shillington try piss of Canberra fans? Multi level trolling after his pathetic stint there.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Smorgasbord posted:

Haha how much will that Shillington try piss of Canberra fans? Multi level trolling after his pathetic stint there.

I loved watching him get sent off in his last game there. Was hilarious on many levels.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

iajanus posted:

I loved watching him get sent off in his last game there. Was hilarious on many levels.

Haha that's right, forgot about that :laugh:

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL
FPN is all sorts of stupid.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Jono C posted:

FPN is all sorts of stupid.

Want to see the Ricky Stuart tantrum if it costs them the game

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL

Smorgasbord posted:

Want to see the Ricky Stuart tantrum if it costs them the game

The penalty was fair, but I'd lose my poo poo over that try call.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Definitely happening now

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

David Morrow giving Nuuasala an absolute serve on the radio hahah

Also as an Ash Taylor owner in fantasy that try was fine by me.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Raiders have to be pissed in their inability to score any points when they have dominance.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
FPn is a plonker

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

iajanus posted:

Raiders have to be pissed in their inability to score any points when they have dominance.

It's not the end of the world tbh. We are missing both the starting halves. We have a backrower at 5/8th at the moment.

Even if Hodgson is one of the best hookers in the game. No halves is difficult to overcome. Wighton isn't a playmaking fullback either.

I'm disappointed to lose because it would have been a great effort to pick up 5 points out of 6 with sezer and Austin out.

Hopefully sezer is back next week, Whitehead back to the second row, tapine stays on the bench and fpn in the bin

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Roosters on track to match their 2009 season, though JWH, Cordner and Pearce will be back eventually I guess. DCE is potentially out for a few weeks which means my fantasy team continues to be relentlessly hosed by injuries to guns

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Setting myself up for a fall tomorrow but I see the Knights as unbackable spoon winners pending other club's salary cap breaches.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

I'm glad Te Maire Martin is a kiwi and not from NSW

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

iajanus posted:

The first goal I could get behind, but the second and third were idiotic. They showed no confidence in their ability to score tries and completely capitulated to the Cowboys once possession evened up. They were extremely lucky the Cowboys got greedy in extra time and forgot how they won the GF.

I'm with you and the announcers pointed it out too. The body language on the players when they chose to go for two showed they were pissed. They wanted the try and the chance to put it out of reach. I have no idea what the Cowboys were thinking not kicking in ET. Kept waiting for it and waiting for it..and then they went wide. It was mind blowing. Still an fantastic match to watch though.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Akileese posted:

I'm with you and the announcers pointed it out too. The body language on the players when they chose to go for two showed they were pissed. They wanted the try and the chance to put it out of reach. I have no idea what the Cowboys were thinking not kicking in ET. Kept waiting for it and waiting for it..and then they went wide. It was mind blowing. Still an fantastic match to watch though.

The first set was the prime opportunity for the field goal, which they proved in the grand final. Brisbane were shot and yet had the ball in the perfect spot. Still no idea why they got greedy when there was absolutely no reason to.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Reffing is so poor in this game

Red_Museum
Apr 17, 2011

Shredded Hen
Matulino and Kata the only guys really keeping us in it at halftime.

Mamo having a bit of a shocker.

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007
Come on Warriors, don't gently caress this up.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Chalupa Joe posted:

Come on Warriors, don't gently caress this up.

Good Warriors found.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
nah it's mediocre warriors and the ref vs totally poo poo knights

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Akileese posted:

The body language on the players when they chose to go for two showed they were pissed. They wanted the try and the chance to put it out of reach.

Pretty sure they were pissed about the never-ending deliberate penalties on the try line never ending up with the ref binning someone like they should. Corey even went up to one of the refs and asked him why he didn't give 10 minutes

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Red_Museum posted:

Matulino and Kata the only guys really keeping us in it at halftime.

Mamo having a bit of a shocker.

I thought Gubb was actually alright.

Nice to see us scoring some points but the Knights are real bad.

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007
Speaking of bad, the RoosteCocks haven't won a game yet. :laugh:

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Don't worry they'll play the Knights sooner or later

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Watching it delayed but this is much better from the Warriors today, but then I wasn't slitting my wrists like some after tight losses to the frigging Broncos & Storm.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Tigers really need to rethink Brooks & Moses, they're hopeless 80% of the time.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
I'm not so sure. I think they just need more than five plays taught to them.

We only lost 8 nil, in a game we would have shipped 30 in seasons past. I think our defence is about where it needs to be as a contender, they need to expand the playbook a little.

We also looked far better with Cherrington the past few weeks than when Farah came on.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

MiniSune posted:

I'm not so sure. I think they just need more than five plays taught to them.

We only lost 8 nil, in a game we would have shipped 30 in seasons past. I think our defence is about where it needs to be as a contender, they need to expand the playbook a little.

We also looked far better with Cherrington the past few weeks than when Farah came on.

Yep, Farrah seems to shine on an individual level but the team goes worse with him than without.

Auditore
Nov 4, 2010
Goddamn the grass at Shark Park is terrible looking.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

What's the deal with the grass at Shark Park? It looks absolutely awful.

jpparker55
Jun 4, 2007
Gubb is my hero. 100% effort 15% skill.

Red_Museum
Apr 17, 2011

Shredded Hen
Storm have been awful in the last 10 min.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Barba actually looks like he gives a poo poo :monocle:

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
made over 800 in fantasy even though almost all my forwards + tedesco underperformed

thank the lord I captained Parker

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Yeah I made 808 with Surgess and Taupau on the sidelines, pretty happy with that

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

cpaf posted:

Pretty sure they were pissed about the never-ending deliberate penalties on the try line never ending up with the ref binning someone like they should. Corey even went up to one of the refs and asked him why he didn't give 10 minutes

Fair point. I didn't even think of it that way but that makes way more sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Austin and Sezer have been named this week. Sezer if he is right he is right but if Stuart plays Austin and his knee goes straight away I will go mental lol.

That said I dont think he will play. I reckon its just to give him a good shot at it. Next round more likely imo.

• Locked thread