Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
My best answer is pure speculation.

I figure they were probably kidnapped one at a time over the course of a few days. Butt-Eater was kidnapped first and woke up first. The others were kidnapped and woke up later. So he'd kill them one at a time as they woke up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

tarlibone posted:

I think the food was slid into the room in such a way that it was not necessary (or perhaps possible) for the food slider to see what was going on in the room, or the food slidee to see who the food slider is.

But that doesn't explain why nobody knew that the people were being butteaten. Twenty-one certainly didn't seem to know.

Or, maybe Manolo knew, and if he did, he has a lot of 'splaining to do.

I could see Manolo being responsible for the butteaters, and then it turns out that Mexican day laborers are basically the VB equivalent of Discworld's Igors. They don't question why somebody would lockup a butteater, since they've seen much crazier things than that. So every other super villain uses Mexican labor to cut down on construction costs, so being part of some crazy experiment is just part of doing business.

thrakkorzog fucked around with this message at 10:03 on Mar 27, 2016

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

You don't need to be in a fantasy land for a foreign day laborer to overlook some atrocious poo poo in the name of a dollar.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Mr. Nice! posted:

You don't need to be in a fantasy land for a foreign day laborer to overlook some atrocious poo poo in the name of a dollar.

Or to avoid deportation.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
However, I feel like Hank & Dean have gotten the least amount of screen time. This was pretty much all about the Monarch and a little bit about Rusty and his entourage, Hank & Dean each get one side-plot in one episode each.

The show has such a rich cast that I'm only just noticing this after the fact, but it is called Venture Bros...

I hate the second half of this season provides closure on Sirena & Nano-Dean

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Bust Rodd posted:

However, I feel like Hank & Dean have gotten the least amount of screen time. This was pretty much all about the Monarch and a little bit about Rusty and his entourage, Hank & Dean each get one side-plot in one episode each.

The show has such a rich cast that I'm only just noticing this after the fact, but it is called Venture Bros...

Title is still accurate when it focuses on Monarch and Rusty. Just sayin'.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

" We're the Venture Brothers!"

Said by neither Hank nor Dean

WrathOfBlade
May 30, 2011

This show is way too aware of/resilient against fanboy speculation to ever give us Rusty and The Monarch being brothers.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

WrathOfBlade posted:

This show is way too aware of/resilient against fanboy speculation to ever give us Rusty and The Monarch being brothers.

Agreed. It would seem a little cheap, somehow.

It'd be much more venturey if there's some event in Monarch's past that made him what he is. Well, I suppose that's already there, what with his parents dying and all that. But add to that something so horrifically traumatic that he blocked out early memories of being friends with Rusty as a small child (as well as anything else in his childhood related to the Ventures)? Something that not only blocks those memories but seeds an subconscious, uncontrollable hatred of Venture that Monarch is compelled to act on even though he can't describe why the hatred exists in the first place? That works fine.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I feel like The Monarch and Rusty are definitely related somehow since, in addition to that one picture of them together as kids, they have the same hair color, the same facial structure, and the same body type (although the Monarch is in much better shape).

If I had to guess I would say they were cousins and that the Blue Morpho and Dr. Venture were secret twins. Or maybe they're just half siblings and Dr. Venture and The Blue Morpho were involved in a ménage à trois with whoever The Monarch/Rusty's mother was. Because while Blue Morpho and Dr. Venture are both pretty bulky guys The Monarch and Rusty are both pretty thin, just like the red headed woman seen in the old photograph.

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I feel like The Monarch and Rusty are definitely related somehow since, in addition to that one picture of them together as kids, they have the same hair color, the same facial structure, and the same body type (although the Monarch is in much better shape).
Rusty's hair tends more toward the orange rather than the Monarch's red.

I'm inclined to believe that they are half-brothers, like you said, different fathers but the same mother. If that revelation ever comes, I really hope we will get to know her before it happens.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

If I had to guess I would say they were cousins and that the Blue Morpho and Dr. Venture were secret twins. Or maybe they're just half siblings and Dr. Venture and The Blue Morpho were involved in a ménage à trois with whoever The Monarch/Rusty's mother was. Because while Blue Morpho and Dr. Venture are both pretty bulky guys The Monarch and Rusty are both pretty thin, just like the red headed woman seen in the old photograph.

Or maybe Monarch's mother is Jonas' sister(which feels more likely)

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I was thinking the other day maybe the Monarch's mother was a bug themed supervillain that had giant eyebrows. They have to come from somewhere.

Vaishino
Nov 14, 2003

He'd like to come and meet us
But he thinks he'd blow our minds
Jonas is The Monarch's father, and Blue Morpho is his mother. That's my theory and I'm sticking with it for the next five years while we wait on the next season.

null
Feb 19, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
I'm trying to decide whether or not to pick up the Brock t shirt in it's last few hours of availability. I got the Doom! one, that's the only t shirt I bought this season.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
How many venture brothers are there?

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Tenzarin posted:

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Tenzarin posted:

Including clones?

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

You people will by God act like a team, or at least like people who know each other, or I'll incinerate the bunch of you here and now.
Kinda sad I missed that Gargantua hoodie. Because I don't have a hoodie in that particular shade of grey yet. (I don't need more hoodies.)

Red
Apr 15, 2003

null posted:

I'm trying to decide whether or not to pick up the Brock t shirt in it's last few hours of availability. I got the Doom! one, that's the only t shirt I bought this season.

The one to get was the Blue Morpho.

But if you're on the fence, I don't think the shirts are that wearable. The material is super thin, and the sleeves are really short.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Pixelante posted:

Kinda sad I missed that Gargantua hoodie. Because I don't have a hoodie in that particular shade of grey yet. (I don't need more hoodies.)

I wear mine almost every day. It isn't a great hoodie sadly. I think when mine starts to fall apart I am going to seam rip out the patches and put them on a better hoodie.

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

You people will by God act like a team, or at least like people who know each other, or I'll incinerate the bunch of you here and now.

Djarum posted:

I wear mine almost every day. It isn't a great hoodie sadly. I think when mine starts to fall apart I am going to seam rip out the patches and put them on a better hoodie.

Lame. I've got a PAX hoodie that's gradually disintegrating.

...I'm going to go buy another hoodie.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Pixelante posted:

Lame. I've got a PAX hoodie that's gradually disintegrating.

...I'm going to go buy another hoodie.

If you are in the market for rolling your own I have to recommend these

http://www.independenttradingco.com/products/mens-zip-hooded-sweatshirt

http://www.independenttradingco.com/products/copy-of-mens-independent-pullover-hooded-sweatshirt

I got one of them as some merch from a band I am friendly with about 2 years ago and fell in love with it. Best quality and fit of any hoodie I have ever dealt with. Took me a bit to find the original manufacturer but those are it.

null
Feb 19, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Red posted:

But if you're on the fence, I don't think the shirts are that wearable. The material is super thin, and the sleeves are really short.

Yeah I don't think I'm going to get the Brock one. I thought about the Blue Morpho one back when it was available, but decided not to pick it up.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
The zipper broke on my Gargantua-2 hoodie and I paid to have it fixed. I'm wearing that thing until it's two patches and a string.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

Red posted:

Are they still American Apparel shirts? My shirts from the season 3 shirt club are some of the most comfortable I own, I find the super thinness just adds to the comfort.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Perry Normal posted:

Are they still American Apparel shirts? My shirts from the season 3 shirt club are some of the most comfortable I own, I find the super thinness just adds to the comfort.

They're Canvas brand now. They seem to be a bit lower quality.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Cloks posted:

They're Canvas brand now. They seem to be a bit lower quality.

Yeah.

I have the gray OSI shirt from last season, and that thing is ridiculously soft and comfortable.

The new shirts are almost imitation shirt material.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Vaishino posted:

Jonas is The Monarch's father, and Blue Morpho is his mother. That's my theory and I'm sticking with it for the next five years while we wait on the next season.

Makes sense, he was able to pretend to be Billy Jean King while naked. Blue Morpho having a vagina really wouldn't be all that strange.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Hmm. What was Monarch watching when he screamed, "Not my mommy!"?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Something that contradicts insane fan theories.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Something that contradicts insane fan theories.

no you see what if there were two blue morphos and they were siblings and also ventures and so its the venture siblings again this is reasonable and not stupid

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Red posted:

Hmm. What was Monarch watching when he screamed, "Not my mommy!"?

His Dad and Jonas Venture having sex with Jill St. John and someone who I can't remember.

I can't help but think there isn't supposed to be an reference to Bob Crane there.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I was rewatching the Gargantua-2 episode, and watching the scene where Dr. Mrs. The Monarch is crying and saying that the Monarch is the only good thing in her life that she knows is true and right (paraphrasing) and knowing what happens in the season after that, I don't know how I'd feel if she ever finds out the truth about the Blue Morpho.

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.
I was thinking how despite the Monarch's voiceover, the level 10 villains are waaaaaaay skewed, if not in their power sets then in their effectiveness. I had some real problems with the idea that Wes Warhammer and Red Death are the same Guild Level, but I chalked it up to Wes being a level 10 as a result of the Sovereign wanting to get invited to some weird as hell parties.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
Wes Warhammer was a very effective supervillian. He made Rusty think he was interesting and then broke his heart.

Also it seems like Guild Level is based on your abilities or the size of your operation. Wes had a bunch of other villains working under him.

Darkman Fanpage fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Mar 29, 2016

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Monarch mentions that if you have a lair, an army of henchmen and a competent partner, that was level 10 material and Wes had all of that. I mean he basically had an army of villains under his weird command. He's not as scary as red death but he certainly has the chops.

Think Tank being a level 10 is slightly harder to explain.

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Wes Warhammer was a very effective supervillian. He made Rusty think he was interesting and then broke his heart.

Also it seems like Guild Level is based on your abilities or the size of your operation. Wes had a bunch of other villains working under him.

I guess that's fair, it just seems weird to put psychotic murder men and confused, drugged out art thieves on the same level.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Harangutan just had an impounded tank and an estranged wife.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
I thought the point was that Wide Whale was a 10, and he had sublet his arching rights to his subordinates? I don't remember anyone mentioning that the lower people on the flow chart were all also level 10.