Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boethius
Jul 10, 2001

Space bunnies have three ears

Today is a good day in the 'Verse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

citizens will say 11 leavers is no big deal cig has plenty of competent people ready to be promoted up

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Happy Sisyphus posted:

your uncle may have blocked you but you will never be blocked in our hearts

o5

I unblocked him over a week ago. :D

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

I just noticed the cast list for S42 has Sandi before Gillian Anderson.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

G0RF posted:

If this all DOES happen according to Dr. Smart's reveal, then I'm going to especially savor the irony that THE ENTIRE STORY PLAYED OUT HERE while the GAMING PRESS WAS STILL PARROTING THE PRESS RELEASES AND HYPING THE GAME.

It will have been the biggest story in the history of gaming and, while literally millions of words were written about it here in real time (some of them very insightful- from dev folks, historians, amateur sleuths and smartasses), the entire industry dedicated to the business of Gaming Journalism will have missed it almost entirely. (There have been a few exceptions here and there but nobody is calling the end of this. Not a one.)

I tell you what, if CIG release something that makes it look like everything is OK then boy will Derek be vindicated.

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost

i am harry posted:

I just noticed the cast list for S42 has Sandi before Gillian Anderson.

At least they finally put the second 'l' in her name.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
everything is good

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Happy Sisyphus posted:

citizens will say 11 leavers is no big deal cig has plenty of competent people ready to be promoted up
Ben Lesnick, Lead Developer.

Oh god.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

D_Smart posted:

Yeah, someone DM'ed me that they are in a state of pure panic. Poor fools.
post it or bullshit

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
Now might be a good time for Beer or Neurotic Jew or one of you active Redditors and share the full reveal with /DerekSmart. They seem oblivious thus far.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

D_Smart posted:

I am not a vindictive person by nature. It's simply not in my personality.

*thunder cracks in the distance as Derek repeatedly swings a bat into the dead horse that is Star Citizen, each swing he repeats this mantra under his breath*

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Happy Sisyphus posted:

I recognize this!!!

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Pratt2112
Mar 25, 2016

Indeeeeeeeeeed...

Goobs posted:

what's e.l.e?

Excellently Laminated Elevators?

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
I gotta wonder amidst talk of changes and failing health if Lesnick is gonna be scootering off into the sunset soon. A fresh community manager has just landed in LA...

RescueFreak
Sep 8, 2013

Derek always overhypes so I am expecting something underwhelming. But what if...

They are closing LA, moving everything to Manchester.

PGI bought them out and are re purposing the assets as a Transverse PS4 game.

EA bought them out and are going to make a Wing Commander game after all but only with F42, everyone else is gone.

They are going full 38 Studios and Squadron 42 is their Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

Erin admits that they are out of cash and is in LA to host a "Save Star Citizen" stream

Blunderstorm
Mar 1, 2016

my grandfather just posts and all i got was this lousy joke, so what

A Neurotic Jew posted:

I gotta wonder amidst talk of changes and failing health if Lesnick is gonna be scootering off into the sunset soon. A fresh community manager has just landed in LA...

Derek's source must be counting Ben as 3 leavers.

Nellistos
Mar 2, 2013
Erin. Leaves. Early.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

G0RF posted:

Now might be a good time for Beer or Neurotic Jew or one of you active Redditors and share the full reveal with /DerekSmart. They seem oblivious thus far.

I am like banned three times over at that place lol.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Crazy_BlackParrot posted:

Well yeah, but frankly I can't imagine how say..; EightAce can say the cash is fine ( and so far it seems the aces are closer to the source then Derek )
And I'm just trying to figure out how Derek could possible know this. Like that they are literally out of cash.

God I hope Derek is right tho...
He said they don't have enough money "to finish these projects." Which is obvious. Doesn't mean they're shutting down in two weeks. But that there are doubts about CIG remaining a going concern is more frightening.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

G0RF posted:

They went awfully quiet, sadly I am banned from there

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

Nellistos posted:

Erin. Leaves. Early.

clever...

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

I am worthless but not one!!!

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

That PM convo was from me (and came from this thread). He deleted my post on the Star Trader wall within seconds of me posting, and instigated a PM convo with me straight afterwards. His attempts at damage control were hilarious :)

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Derek is the biggest cock tease in video game history.

Blunderstorm
Mar 1, 2016

my grandfather just posts and all i got was this lousy joke, so what

Nellistos posted:

Erin. Leaves. Early.

Well Ben did say Erin left the la offices 2 days before his flight so lmao if he actually did peace the gently caress out

eviljack
Feb 26, 2016

You're getting hungry

D1E posted:

I'm really glad MoMA joined right when he did.

:lol: I want him to come back and start talking about how we're all stupid, nobody 'rides the wave' or companies have multiple sources of revenue streams such as debt, it would really make my day

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
This thread never ceases to amaze me.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

somebody just did it.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Extinction Level Event

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

thanks Sorla!

LastCaress
May 8, 2004

bonobo
10ftc without chris lol

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcLUIU2-uv8

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!
"How did we get here?"

It was just a whisper, but Lesnick felt his heart tear in two. Chris stared ahead, the flashes of phone's and digital camera's blinding both men. They could not see into the gathering of journalists beyond the table they sat at. Chris looked like he wanted to cry. His lip trembled.

Lesnick felt Chris's hand reach out for him, beneath the table. Lesnick did not hesitate for his friend, sliding his fingers between the sweaty fingers of Chris. Chris grasped his hand tight, using it for support. All the mean words, the rants, the tirades that were thrown at Lesnick hours ago meant nothing. Lesnick turned and smiled at Chris. His mind still remembered being called "a fat, useless gently caress" and "the cancer that killed this project" but he knew Chris did not mean it. Chris needed to vent. Chris was his friend.

"You can do this," Lesnick whispered back. This snapped Chris back into reality. His head turned, and their eyes met. For the first time in his life, Lesnick saw that Chris needed him, not the other way around. And certainly not Sandi, who had "acting classes" last week and never returned.

"Thank you," Chris whispered back, then turned to the sea of flashes and recording devices. "Aheam. Ladies and gentlemen of the press, I am here today to answer the speculation from so-called smart people on twitter."

Chris took a deep breath. Lesnick noticed Chris seemed to savor the last moments of being a video game visionary.

"The war that Derek Smart and other have waged on our game has taken its toll. The toxicity they have unleashed has poisoned the public opinion on it and brought considerable stress to me and my staff's life. Therefore, I do have the unfortunate announcement of massive layof--"

An airhorn blew loudly from the crowd, startling everyone.

boethius
Jul 10, 2001

Space bunnies have three ears

E.V.A. Lacks Eloquence

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
10ftc is up!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvm1jW_Xp_8

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Please don't take offense at the poor quality of my work, Dr. Smart. I have not used photoshop in eleven years.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

For the record, staged joint mass exits of employees are very common in game development. Nothing to see here.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

RescueFreak posted:

Derek always overhypes so I am expecting something underwhelming. But what if...

They are closing LA, moving everything to Manchester.

PGI bought them out and are re purposing the assets as a Transverse PS4 game.

EA bought them out and are going to make a Wing Commander game after all but only with F42, everyone else is gone.

They are going full 38 Studios and Squadron 42 is their Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

Erin admits that they are out of cash and is in LA to host a "Save Star Citizen" stream

I don't think anyone is stupid enough to buy them out now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DigitalMocking
Jun 8, 2010

Wine is constant proof that God loves us and loves to see us happy.
Benjamin Franklin

fuctifino posted:

Extinction Level Event

:vince:

• Locked thread