Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boethius
Jul 10, 2001

Space bunnies have three ears

AP posted:

I don't think anyone is stupid enough to buy them out now.

Someone might want to buy them for their well-oiled JPEG sales software. As far as I can tell, it's the only really well tuned part of their offerings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iron buns
Jan 12, 2016

Beaten by seconds!

Norefund14days
Feb 2, 2016

NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU PARP IN SPACE.

Ratmtattat posted:

This please.

Edit: I have no cat, sorry.

here, have one of mine.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
00:58 - Job Duties
02:15 - Exploring Shubin
03:23 - Features of SQ42
04:40 - Keeping Up with the Roberts
06:57 - Interaction with Wingmen
08:31 - Landing Zone Pipeline Vs. Ship Pipeline
10:52 - Dream Big Mentality Vs Be Realistic
12:50 - After Squadron 42
14:09 - Previous Development Experiences
16:08 - What's Next

I'm watching this in order but the bolded above makes me think The Freelancer Contingency prediction might have been right!

quote:

2) "The Freelancer Contingency" - Erin is meeting with the tech team in LA to communicate a new and reduced scope for game features, akin to the pragmatic paring of planned Freelancer features under Microsoft. Sooner or later, this is going to officially happen. The game can't be built as pitched and struggles to perform even 5% of its promised features in a map system that represents 1% of the promised deliverable. The Freelancer Contingency would be a massive writeoff of Engineering Debts-- and the official repudiation of Chris Roberts laundry list of superlative, scoop-creeping promises for what the BDSSE will be. (This too would be embarrassing for Chris-- particularly if it was met with cheers and applause, which it no doubt would be from guys like Sean, who have acknowledged the serious challenges they face.)

Not going to spoil it by skipping ahead so I might be wrong but knocking on wood.

G0RF fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Mar 28, 2016

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Time to start analyzing the significance of the empty chair.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

"How did we get here?"

It was just a whisper, but Lesnick felt his heart tear in two. Chris stared ahead, the flashes of phone's and digital camera's blinding both men. They could not see into the gathering of journalists beyond the table they sat at. Chris looked like he wanted to cry. His lip trembled.

Lesnick felt Chris's hand reach out for him, beneath the table. Lesnick did not hesitate for his friend, sliding his fingers between the sweaty fingers of Chris. Chris grasped his hand tight, using it for support. All the mean words, the rants, the tirades that were thrown at Lesnick hours ago meant nothing. Lesnick turned and smiled at Chris. His mind still remembered being called "a fat, useless gently caress" and "the cancer that killed this project" but he knew Chris did not mean it. Chris needed to vent. Chris was his friend.

"You can do this," Lesnick whispered back. This snapped Chris back into reality. His head turned, and their eyes met. For the first time in his life, Lesnick saw that Chris needed him, not the other way around. And certainly not Sandi, who had "acting classes" last week and never returned.

"Thank you," Chris whispered back, then turned to the sea of flashes and recording devices. "Aheam. Ladies and gentlemen of the press, I am here today to answer the speculation from so-called smart people on twitter."

Chris took a deep breath. Lesnick noticed Chris seemed to savor the last moments of being a video game visionary.

"The war that Derek Smart and other have waged on our game has taken its toll. The toxicity they have unleashed has poisoned the public opinion on it and brought considerable stress to me and my staff's life. Therefore, I do have the unfortunate announcement of massive layof--"

An airhorn blew loudly from the crowd, startling everyone.

lol

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

G0RF posted:

SomethingJones: do that thing you do oh so well please.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Lol I see wavy hands runs in the family

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

The face of a broken man.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

G0RF posted:

:signings:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

D_Smart posted:

Since Erin is still en-route to the UK...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvm1jW_Xp_8&t=35s

Erin says he's in the US for three weeks, 1 in LA, then 2 in Austin.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Crazy_BlackParrot posted:

The face of a broken man.

He looks terrible :ohdear:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Hahaha the way Erin says "Near future" while laughing and opening his eyes, he knows theres nothing near about it.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

G0RF posted:

He uses Chris's hand movements. lol

Nellistos
Mar 2, 2013
A hard cover tome covering this epic ( with hires pictures, cats included ) has to happen.

edit: poor guy is exhausted from hard negotiations and all.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

AP posted:

According to my sources it's a false flag operation.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

AP posted:

It's probably pre-recorded.

It's also possible that plans may have changed drastically if there has been a buyout.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

On Thursday/Friday they will drop a trailer for SQ42

They will also announce a partnership with a major publisher to help fill personnel gaps and bring on more project managers- employees who are walking see this as a last straw and see the writing on the wall. The "people we might not know" Jared referred to are these new people. This will be spun as a good thing.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Yah, i know. But i'm going to need a decent Vreg and some battery management / charging electronics anyways, so it'll likely be an Arduino Pro Mini just because Adafruit has a readily available mating breakout board for that and i'm lazy (and past my PCB routing days).

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
honestly, this whole thing seems pretty "business as usual" as both Derek and Huckaby have put it today.

I'm getting the impression Erin is a mean poker player.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

SerCypher posted:

Derek you'd be a good phone sex operator.

Or a bad one I'm not sure.

In any case gently caress Erin just tell us what happened.
is it good or bad if the operator screams "let me loving finish?"

also posting from 10 pages ago so i hope nobody has made that joke already

SerCypher
May 10, 2006

Gay baby jail...? What the hell?

I really don't like the sound of that...
Fun Shoe

Ash1138 posted:

is it good or bad if the operator screams "let me loving finish?"

also posting from 10 pages ago so i hope nobody has made that joke already

I think the caller is the one who is supposed to finish.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

orcinus posted:

Yah, i know. But i'm going to need a decent Vreg and some battery management / charging electronics anyways, so it'll likely be an Arduino Pro Mini just because Adafruit has a readily available mating breakout board for that and i'm lazy (and past my PCB routing days).

If you're not wanting to charge in-situ you can get that pretty drat tiny with the tiny. Do you have a blog for this stuff?

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Reddit says Derek is wrong on all counts, so there

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Erin is talking really quickly, and for some reason, keeps sniffing at 14:50. I'm not implying he did a big line of cocaine at all.. I'm worried that he might be stressed and going down with a cold.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvm1jW_Xp_8&t=891s

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Very fitting!

:five: :five: :five:

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
More thread music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRY4sGayLZ8

Nellistos
Mar 2, 2013
half speed at 2:14

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Why would Erin go to austin, theres like 10 people left at that studio right?

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Why would Erin go to austin, theres like 10 people left at that studio right?

closer to mexico, cheaper coke

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
i need 12 minutes of hype music for the end

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSUIQgEVDM4

im all aboard the derek hype train; if you disappoint me derek I'm buying star ciitzen

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Dusty Lens posted:

According to my sources it's a false flag operation.

quote:

"[–]Secondhand-politics [score hidden] 2 minutes ago

Given my own sources, I can say this with relative ease,
Buckle up folks, his sources are legit, and we're certain to see a failure soon. I think the most pressing difference here however, is that it's not the failure that the lesser-goons in the SC thread are expecting.

Just wait and see. It'll be great."
Counter theory - Derek's been fed false info and he is the one about to get burned.

If this proves true then my dream that Star Citizen will live to :gary: another day just might come true!

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

runsamok posted:

Thank goodness JarOfManyAnuses only has $4K in, he's safe as houses.

No. The issue with the amount is about statutes for legally actionable fraudulent inducement

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
If Derek was fed false info, at least it'll be funny that SC thinks its necessary to protect themselves to the point they'd do that

Nellistos
Mar 2, 2013
Grimaces, posture, tone of voice, more likely come from the future documentary when asked about his exodus || bro controversy.

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

I hope our faith in you will be vindicated soon Derek

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

G0RF posted:

Counter theory - Derek's been fed false info and he is the one about to get burned.

If this proves true then my dream that Star Citizen will live to :gary: another day just might come true!

we cant lose

especially not me i only invested a disposable amount of posts into this thread (15 pages worth, basically nothing to someone who works in finance like myself)

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvm1jW_Xp_8&t=1068s

:gary: :yarg:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
this being a false flag op would be awesome.

• Locked thread