Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
To be fair, Trump does have experience fighting international gangs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Joementum posted:

It'd be hilarious if Walker had been planning to endorse Trump tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/714591260791713792

there is no way walker would endorse Trump.

Though he should endorse Kasich for maximum chaos.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
Our good American gangs just can't compete anymore, folks. It's a mess out there! I'll make American gang culture great again.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
I tell this story, she said “Mr. Trump, I think you’re great, I think you’re going to be a great president, but I don’t like what you say I got to make America rich again.”

imagine being the copywriter and getting to that line. you'd feel like you've lost all grasp of the english language.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

Joementum posted:

"I alone can solve a problem like Maria."

lol

Patter Song posted:

Our good American gangs just can't compete anymore, folks. It's a mess out there! I'll make American gang culture great again.

also lol

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer
The fact that Walker's making his endorsement on a radio show is proof that he's learned at least one thing from his time on the national stage.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

SNAKES N CAKES posted:

The fact that Walker's making his endorsement on a radio show is proof that he's learned at least one thing from his time on the national stage.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

Joementum posted:

"I alone can solve a problem like Maria."

wow the double musical metaphor here is blowing my feeble brain bits

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007

Joementum posted:

You guys are still going on about the fake Cruz sex scandal?

SAD
\
:smugdon:

(this thread over the weekend)

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
i alone can solve problem. problem is? nuclear and proliferation that is two problem. the deal is bad. the deal is bad. north korea and iran the deal is bad. i tell you story, woman say to me "mr trump you are so great, so great, but at the same time, no?" great story. i tell that story all the time. everyone loves it.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

gonna nuke those gangs

yeah they're in every city, and we're gonna nuke'm

[CROSSTALK]

look, beautiful people here wouldn't you say

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

A Winner is Jew posted:

Nixon had someone no poo poo take away his nuclear authority, and Reagan was obsessed with astrology and went into the white house thinking you can actually win a nuclear war.

And yet what Trump has said here is even more unhinged than those two disasters' platforms. Like, seriously - it's bad.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Majorian posted:

And yet what Trump has said here is even more unhinged than those two disasters' platforms. Like, seriously - it's bad.

He's said he never wants to use the nuclear option.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

a cop posted:

Just that he wants to be unpredictable about it.

"Wild card!"

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

people say to me "mr trump you are so smart. so smart." and i say yes, yes smart. smarter than leadership we have had. we don't win. no one wins we just dont. its terrible, sad. i can win, i alone win. i have won more and more. i have won over lyin ted, everyone calls him lyin ted because he lies. he lies. that is why everyone calls him that.

reporter: no

a cop posted:

but also said macarthur was right about wanting to use the nuclear option on china and north korea. gosh. i cant believe he'd contradict himself on these things.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://twitter.com/ZekeJMiller/status/714603832966254592

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

a cop posted:

"Wants" being the key word. Given that Trump so clumsily and blatantly dodged the tactical nuclear weapons issue, it seems to me like he'd probably be willing to use them against ISIS.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.
"Facts have a well-known liberal bias." Stephen "Henry Kissinger was at my series finale" Colbert, 2006

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm not really sure there is a thing Trump hasn't said in his pulsar rate of pivoting.

AceRimmer
Mar 18, 2009
Looks like he thinks MacArthur used the nuclear option as a bluff to achieve victory. But I thought that it was a response to the losses after China's surprise crossing of the Yalu and a series of definitely not-victories. :psyduck:

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Venom Snake posted:

I'm not really sure there is a thing Trump hasn't said in his pulsar rate of pivoting.

A man who says everything has said nothing, and is also elected President.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/714607410627878912

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

cancel what

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Those dudes are going to get their asses whooped.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

A Trump rally at the Janesville Conference Center tomorrow.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
Ohhhh I thought they were chanting handsoap.

God I hope kids start learning demanding others' speech get shut down is the least effective way to counter said speech.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Joementum posted:

A Trump rally at the Janesville Conference Center tomorrow.

I'm glad Trump was able to sniff out the home of the KKK in Wisconsin for his rally.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
Operation Mariachi will soon go into effect

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

https://twitter.com/ajjaffe/status/714608196661288960

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

winning the nom and then running 3rd party seems peak trump

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

what's your take, chaos fox

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

the only non-empty threats trump makes are against his tenants.

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx

Fox Ironic posted:

Out of a the contenders this cycle, I bet Marco would be the funnest to roll with.

I'd love to trip with Bernie though.

Hillary. I mean, it wouldn't be a good trip, but it'd be one of those life changing ones. You'd end up an urban legend, like the guy who thinks he's a carrot*.

*I still can't believe they told us this in school and expected us to fall for it. "Oh yeah, he did so much acid he thinks he thinks he's a vegetable now."

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
I woke up fully expecting Cruz's campaign to have been sufficiently torpedoed by Gennifer Flowers-types coming out of the woodwork. Instead, I'm getting this protracted John Edwards bullshit. Sad!

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

KaptainKrunk posted:

yeah, those were political appointees and it was still a fairly big scandal

you can't just fire career bureaucrats without good reason and due process

Trump would try and fail miserably and squander what little political capital and power he had to begin with

Loosely speaking, there are three levels of federal bureaucrats. The grunts on the GS schedule, nobody cares about. They follow orders, if they don't like whatever crazy policy the bosses want them to do, like allowing gay couples to file jointly or rounding up Mexicans or changing up the formula of the chemtrails, then they just quit. But they won't be purged unless the president does something wacky like abolish their agency and replace it with a differently named agency with the exact same mandate. Then there are the 'senior executive service'. Senior managers. They run branches of agencies and stuff. Also career bureaucrats, and have civil service protections. Or they did up until recently; I know the Republican's response to the VA scandal has been to try and strip the civil service protections away from the SES; if they succeed then they can fire and replace the SES every time the presidency changes hands. Finally, there are the political appointees that carry out the president's whims, they are obviously linked to the president and have no job protections. Usually limited to the top two or three people at any given agency.

TyroneGoldstein
Mar 30, 2005

...I cannot believe they put that this loving bubblehead up there as viable...

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

KaptainKrunk posted:

yeah, those were political appointees and it was still a fairly big scandal

you can't just fire career bureaucrats without good reason and due process

Sure you can. Just reorganize the departments so oversight is handled by the executive rather than the legislature. That's why the EPA exists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AceRimmer
Mar 18, 2009
An Open Letter to Trump Voters from His Top Strategist-Turned-Defector

quote:

What was once Trump's desire to rank second place to send a message to America and to increase his power as a businessman has nightmarishly morphed into a charade that is poised to do irreparable damage to this country if we do not stop this campaign in its tracks… He doesn't want the White House. He just wants to be able to say that he could have run the White House. He’s achieved that already and then some. If there is any question, take it from someone who was recruited to help the candidate succeed, and initially very much wanted him to do so. The hard truth is: Trump only cares about Trump.

• Locked thread