Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

D_Smart posted:

My guess from page 2681 is one of the government people you had a meeting with has finally decided to take a look at CiG instead of giving you the you're-just-jealous runaround.

I can neither confirm, nor deny that.
[/quote]

Oh, lol, now Erin's panicked 10FTC video makes more sense.

e:

MilesK fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Mar 29, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

The third day of the Starfarer sale looks a lot like the fourth day of the Blade sale.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3
From 10 for the Chairman: Episode 80
Erin Roberts
Mar 28, 2016 @ 12:50

Q: What will SQ42 do after the release of the first episode?

A: Well I'm sure once Squadron 42 comes out I'm not sure we'll go to the Caribbean but I'm sure I'll... I'm sure I'll take the gays out... guys out for a few DRINKS that's for sure... aaahhhm, but we will be straight away actually be rolling on to EPISODE 2, ahm, because we have a bunch more, ahm... you know... urhm... NEW SHIPS we have to create, that's new enviroments we have to put in, ah... we already have the STORY worked on, um, what we're gonna do for that and so forth, it'll be a straight roll into EPISODE TWO to get that going... ah, we also do... we also will be SUPPORTING the persistent universe, a lot of the work we do on SQUADRON 42 in terms of MAKING STUFF WORK we actually then put into persistent universe as well they work hand in hand well but... YEAH... I mean... basically THAT TEAM is gonna roll straight on to doing... ahm, ah... SQUADRON 42 STUFF... as well as creating a bunch more of the PEE EWE SHIPS and getting those out to you guys as fast as possible and on the environment side... on the environment side we'll be doing the same as that as well.

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

:stoke:

dude his lips get smaller when he drinks the soda, I'm dyin.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe
Oculus started shipping free Rifts to Ye Olde Kickstarter Backers today.
I haven't received a shipping notification.

T_T

Crobbler Benz
Mar 22, 2016

by Lowtax

ManofManyAliases posted:

I thought about all of that while on the shitter this morning. I'm good where I'm at. When I was done, I tightened my pants with my trakline belt and was on my way.

Every time I read something from this guy I feel collective Fremdscham followed by a deeply felt silence

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

Ghostlight posted:

Derek said Soon™ and there's hints that it could actually be happening.

Rand Paul 2020

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Samizdata posted:

Well, when in doubt, call someone a pedophile. It worked for Chris Morris, right? And I decided to finally jump in a Reddit discussion with my two year old account. It was a nice account, and I will miss it when it is downvoted into oblivion.

Wow. Hey. Still at one point!

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Beet Wagon posted:

I also would like new steam friends.

I'm at work right now so I can't double check, but my steam name should still be Fruit Mangler Prime

I gotta run, but I will friend you when I get back. I'm, uhhhh, Samizdata? I think that is it.

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015
Has this thread ascended yet? Have we achieved enlightenment?

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

CashEnsign posted:

Has this thread ascended yet? Have we achieved enlightenment?

We've posted some ascendant pictures of cattes.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

D_Smart posted:

It's worse than that. If you can imagine that.

:iwanttobelieve:

unfortunately you've toted this far too many times with the NEXT BIG BLOG POST theme so suspending the fap-fest until you deliver dreams

Godmode Enabled
Jul 14, 2013

I AM A BETAGOON, ASK ME ABOUT PROPER GRIEF TO CASH RATIOS.
Took two days off and i'm 75 pages back. :negative:

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

Scruffpuff posted:

Instead of choosing his backers, he chose himself. Anyone who's following this project from the beginning, and those who know Chris's history, knew this. He has been hands on with writing his godawful script, shooting cringe-inducing mo-cap scenes, and paying A-list actors enormous sums so he can pretend he's a director, and his wife can pretend she's an actress. Star Citizen proper may have been his cash cow, but he never really did know how to build it. So he put together a huge team and basically expected them to, but even that was hosed up by his constant meddling and persistent belief that he's a visionary. Other than that meddling, he's done absolutely jack and poo poo to help move the PTU along, aside from his ludicrous "10 For the Chairman" videos. His entire heart and soul has been in his little movie, and the faithful footed the bill.

He's justifying this betrayal with the narrative that the income from Squadron 42 will keep the development limping along long enough to fund more PTU development. This is ridiculous on the face of it, since nobody really cares about SQ42, and they never have. Even those who did care, are already getting the first part for free. Yet he's deluded himself into believing that his personal project will somehow enter the mainstream and redefine gaming, and bail him out financially.

I think you give Chris far too much credit. I don't think, from his actions and history, you can conclude that he considers himself the saviour of PC gaming. I think it's clear that he considers himself the next George Lucas. PC gaming is his fallback position, his safety net from which he can plot his strike at Hollywood. He always intended to force them to take them back by making an independent film of such magnitude and majesty that they will be forced to take him back and hail him as their king, their better in business, in storytelling, in technology and success. The original remake-of-wing-commander that was the original kickstarter was a biding time, gathering resources, a nice safe play, doing the last thing he was successful at. But the success of the kickstarter let him change up the timetable; that's the only thing that changed.

Ten hours of cutscenes is no game ever made. It is, however, about all the Star Wars movies, or all the Harry Potter films, or all the Lord of Rings films, or all of the good Star Trek films. That's who he thinks he is, and what he thinks he's making, and why he doesn't give a poo poo about anything else.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Scruffpuff posted:

It may be, but it doesn't need to be. As the months go by, it's going to become progressively more obvious to the cultists that they've been taken advantage of. The 5 portions of the autism spectrum will combine to form Sperg Voltron, and they'll descend on CIG with fedoras and fury. That's all that has to happen to wipe out CIG. If there's more, I'd love to hear it.

More like furry fedora fury.

orphean
Apr 27, 2007

beep boop bitches
my monads are fully functional

chaosbreather posted:

Ten hours of cutscenes is no game ever made. It is, however, about all the Star Wars movies, or all the Harry Potter films, or all the Lord of Rings films, or all of the good Star Trek films. That's who he thinks he is, and what he thinks he's making, and why he doesn't give a poo poo about anything else.

Recommend watching the Wing Commander movie while reading this post for maximum effect.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I've been skipping a few pages back, just clear this up for me did something actually happen to cause this posting spree or is it just Uncle Derek stirring the pot and cackling manically?

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016
I'm still 20 pages behind but Sunk Cost Galaxy is the only possible name for a book from Derek Smart about Star Citizen.

Einbauschrank
Nov 5, 2009

That's a Priest of the Terminally Immersed God speaking. What is dead can never die.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

MeLKoR posted:

I've been skipping a few pages back, just clear this up for me did something actually happen to cause this posting spree or is it just Uncle Derek stirring the pot and cackling manically?

They're doomed.
Soon.
It's worse than you can imagine.
Pay attention.
It's happening right now.
They're already finished.

But nothing has happened. No.

But it's not without amusement.

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

MeLKoR posted:

The second thing.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

chaosbreather posted:

I think you give Chris far too much credit. I don't think, from his actions and history, you can conclude that he considers himself the saviour of PC gaming. I think it's clear that he considers himself the next George Lucas. PC gaming is his fallback position, his safety net from which he can plot his strike at Hollywood. He always intended to force them to take them back by making an independent film of such magnitude and majesty that they will be forced to take him back and hail him as their king, their better in business, in storytelling, in technology and success. The original remake-of-wing-commander that was the original kickstarter was a biding time, gathering resources, a nice safe play, doing the last thing he was successful at. But the success of the kickstarter let him change up the timetable; that's the only thing that changed.

If that's the case, then we may as well lock him in a rubber room now and be done with it. The only thing he was ever successful at was a game older than Sandi's profile pic. But for him to imagine that his cognitive abortion is fit for Hollywood? It's one thing for him to play pretend, and appease his worthless wife, it's quite another if he honestly believes in his heart that he's anything other than a grade-Z sub-hack.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I am going to lean on the side of being cautiously optimistic here and say that I think all the separate elements of Star Citizen, Squadron 42 etc will still be released on time, on budget and turn out really good.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

https://forums.robertsspaceindustri...uyback-upgrades

If that name seems familiar:

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/4902534/#Comment_4902534

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/4902595/#Comment_4902595

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3
Erin Roberts
Mar 28, 2016 @ 16:16

Q: What is the next major milestone that you're excited about?

A: There's a few... ehhm... so... ehm... eh... uh.... in the near future HAHA he says, ehh... but in the near future we have, ONE IS ah... you guys flying the STARFARER I think people are gonna love it cos it's truly a CAPITAL SIZED SHIP and people can go on there and (sniff) you can have FPS fights on it you can have lots of STUFF you can have lots of FUN and so forth and things... with that so that'll be a really COOL one... and then of course PERSISTENCE is VERY CLOSE, uhm... were you basically you'll have some SHOPS you'll go in and buy CLOTHES and ARMOUR and WEAPONS and STUFF and THINGS LIKE THAT... and then we're gonna release uhm... ALPHA UEC which is basically ahm, you know, UEC that you can play within (sniff)... ehm... the ehm... the PERSISTENCE UNIVERSE which isn't PROPERLY UEC, it's not... it's not... the UEC you have now it's gonna be something we use so we can basically get it out there and then... peop... we can test out the... the universe and stuff like that... ahhh... and then of course... ehm... right after that... is... uhm... you're gonna have uh... the PROCEDURAL STUFF which is gonna make a MASSIVE DIFFERENCE it's not just the planet stuff that you've seen some demos for procedural stuff can be used all over the place, and will make a MASSIVE DIFFERENCE to gameplay so... I know... I know you asked for... what's the next milestone, I've given you THREE ehrm, milestones which are all pretty close and uhm, that's kind of uhm... those... that's stuff I'm really excited about right now

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

MilesK posted:

quote:

e:

holy poo poo, cutest cat.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

peter gabriel posted:

I am going to lean on the side of being cautiously optimistic here and say that I think all the separate elements of Star Citizen, Squadron 42 etc will still be released on time, on budget and turn out really good.

I second the motion

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

D_Smart posted:

My guess from page 2681 is one of the government people you had a meeting with has finally decided to take a look at CiG instead of giving you the you're-just-jealous runaround.

D_Smart posted:

I really hope that it isn't that because seriously that would be pretty lame loving hype. :flaccid:

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

SomethingJones posted:

Erin Roberts
Mar 28, 2016 @ 16:16

Q: What is the next major milestone that you're excited about?

A: There's a few... ehhm... so... ehm... eh... uh.... in the near future HAHA he says, ehh... but in the near future we have, ONE IS ah... you guys flying the STARFARER I think people are gonna love it cos it's truly a CAPITAL SIZED SHIP and people can go on there and (sniff) you can have FPS fights on it you can have lots of STUFF you can have lots of FUN and so forth and things... with that so that'll be a really COOL one... and then of course PERSISTENCE is VERY CLOSE, uhm... were you basically you'll have some SHOPS you'll go in and buy CLOTHES and ARMOUR and WEAPONS and STUFF and THINGS LIKE THAT... and then we're gonna release uhm... ALPHA UEC which is basically ahm, you know, UEC that you can play within (sniff)... ehm... the ehm... the PERSISTENCE UNIVERSE which isn't PROPERLY UEC, it's not... it's not... the UEC you have now it's gonna be something we use so we can basically get it out there and then... peop... we can test out the... the universe and stuff like that... ahhh... and then of course... ehm... right after that... is... uhm... you're gonna have uh... the PROCEDURAL STUFF which is gonna make a MASSIVE DIFFERENCE it's not just the planet stuff that you've seen some demos for procedural stuff can be used all over the place, and will make a MASSIVE DIFFERENCE to gameplay so... I know... I know you asked for... what's the next milestone, I've given you THREE ehrm, milestones which are all pretty close and uhm, that's kind of uhm... those... that's stuff I'm really excited about right now

peop

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

The Star Marine thread is full of gems.

Too many to pick out actually.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/323989/why-do-people-keep-requesting-star-marine/p7

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

MilesK posted:

e:

Your cat is extremely photogenic

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Fat Shat Sings posted:

I'm still 20 pages behind but Sunk Cost Galaxy is the only possible name for a book from Derek Smart about Star Citizen.

Mods please

Also, I truly felt this whole thing was bullshit well before they got into the land of crazyness of selling ships and stuff, I thought everything they were promising was impossible on current hardware. I guess I was wrong on that part since ED is managing to do a lot poo poo I thought was undoable (namely the seamless transition from surface to space in a giant loving galaxy)

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

Goobs posted:

holy poo poo, cutest cat.

She's permanently kitten sized. And once tripped balls on mushrooms... not sure if related.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

MilesK posted:

She's permanently kitten sized. And once tripped balls on mushrooms... not sure if related.

That is one good cat

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

MilesK posted:

she looks wizened beyond her years, much like my cat. i dont know what it is, cats that look like they're old are the best.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

Derek is the biggest loving cock tease.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

MeLKoR posted:

Lets just say that Derek got into the wrong business. Instead of game developer he should set up a myfreecams account.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

loving completely lost it at the constellation of office chairs.

Solar Plebeian is going to save computer gaming. If I give you an obscene amount of money can you put my face on one of the office chairs?

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

peter gabriel posted:

I just bought 3 competition packs based on your post. I bought 1 for me so i can play right now. The other i bought for my non-even-conceived child because i know Starfarer will love Star Citizen when she grows up. If it grows up to be a boy, ill name him Vanduul, because they are all about inserting large objects into unwilling starships.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Beet Wagon posted:

loving completely lost it at the constellation of office chairs.

Solar Plebeian is going to save computer gaming. If I give you an obscene amount of money can you put my face on one of the office chairs?

The aeroplane table is in :lol:

• Locked thread