Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Well.

I think my Steam name is Neromycah, but I'm having login issues right now.

Scathach fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Mar 29, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6511661/#Comment_6511661

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6511695/#Comment_6511695

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

The night two weeks before Christmas.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

If we can get four Star Citizen goons on steam sometime we should do a round of Helldivers. The capacity for Shitizen-level friendly fire in that game is amazing.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

A cat and balls of wool, a classic scene and much apreciated

Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug

peter gabriel posted:

I am going to lean on the side of being cautiously optimistic here and say that I think all the separate elements of Star Citizen, Squadron 42 etc will still be released on time, on budget and turn out really good.

bold move commando

Terebus
Feb 17, 2007

Pillbug

SomethingJones posted:

From 10 for the Chairman: Episode 80
Erin Roberts
Mar 28, 2016 @ 12:50

Q: What will SQ42 do after the release of the first episode?

A: Well I'm sure once Squadron 42 comes out I'm not sure we'll go to the Caribbean but I'm sure I'll... I'm sure I'll take the gays out... guys out for a few DRINKS that's for sure... aaahhhm, but we will be straight away actually be rolling on to EPISODE 2, ahm, because we have a bunch more, ahm... you know... urhm... NEW SHIPS we have to create, that's new enviroments we have to put in, ah... we already have the STORY worked on, um, what we're gonna do for that and so forth, it'll be a straight roll into EPISODE TWO to get that going... ah, we also do... we also will be SUPPORTING the persistent universe, a lot of the work we do on SQUADRON 42 in terms of MAKING STUFF WORK we actually then put into persistent universe as well they work hand in hand well but... YEAH... I mean... basically THAT TEAM is gonna roll straight on to doing... ahm, ah... SQUADRON 42 STUFF... as well as creating a bunch more of the PEE EWE SHIPS and getting those out to you guys as fast as possible and on the environment side... on the environment side we'll be doing the same as that as well.

Not much to add, just thought the bolded above is childlishly funny.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Pelican Dunderhead posted:

bold move commando

I am a maverick :smug:

ideate
Aug 20, 2002

Pelican Dunderhead posted:

bold move commando

Man pg is so far ahead of the curve

Obviously the entirety of the shitizen core is coming around to the 'goon' perspective. To keep this up, we'll have to do the opposite.

I tell you, that pg. skate to where the puck is going.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

peter gabriel posted:

A cat and balls of wool, a classic scene and much apreciated

Thanks! Your videos rock, you keep the dream alive :pgabz:

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
im gay

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Man I finally got around to watching 10 For The Guy Who Should Actually Be In Charge.

It looks like Erin got all the speech therapy when they were kids and there wasn't enough money left over for Chris.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Eonwe posted:

also I had sage fried chicken, waffles with bacon in them, and fried leeks for dinner

it owned

Was it at Hash House?

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

I like Erin Roberts if everyone goes to jail like Derek Smart has been yelling about for the past year I think we should all send him something nice.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Dusty Lens posted:

I like Erin Roberts if everyone goes to jail like Derek Smart has been yelling about for the past year I think we should all send him something nice.

If everyone goes to jail like Derek Smart has been yelling about for the past year we won't need to send him anything, because the sun will have already burnt out by the time that happens.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Dusty Lens posted:

Like a cake with a jpeg of a hacksaw in it?

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Scathach posted:

Well.

Your enormous catte will be the doom of us all.

e: you fixed it! All is well and good.

lazorexplosion fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Mar 29, 2016

Crash74
May 11, 2009
So Derek what's the deets? Are they going to pull a Double Fine (space base 9) and declared star citizen "finished" and have a big victory party? What type of cake are they getting and how many will Ben eat?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
^^^^^x2 gently caress! ^^^^x2

Scathach posted:

Well.

whoa! that cat is like 2 meters wide.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

So I posted my oldest cate a while ago:

This guy

But I also have three others

with our newest being:

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

MeLKoR posted:

I've been skipping a few pages back, just clear this up for me did something actually happen to cause this posting spree or is it just Uncle Derek stirring the pot and cackling manically?

Both.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Scathach posted:

Thanks! Your videos rock, you keep the dream alive :pgabz:

Hell yeah!

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

SomethingJones posted:

From 10 for the Chairman: Episode 80
Erin Roberts
Mar 28, 2016 @ 16:16

Q: What is the next major milestone that you're excited about?

A: There's a few... ehhm... so... ehm... eh... uh.... in the near future HAHA he says, ehh... but in the near future we have, ONE IS ah... you guys flying the STARFARER I think people are gonna love it cos it's truly a CAPITAL SIZED SHIP and people can go on there and (sniff) you can have FPS fights on it you can have lots of STUFF you can have lots of FUN and so forth and things... with that so that'll be a really COOL one... and then of course PERSISTENCE is VERY CLOSE, uhm... were you basically you'll have some SHOPS you'll go in and buy CLOTHES and ARMOUR and WEAPONS and STUFF and THINGS LIKE THAT... and then we're gonna release uhm... ALPHA UEC which is basically ahm, you know, UEC that you can play within (sniff)... ehm... the ehm... the PERSISTENCE UNIVERSE which isn't PROPERLY UEC, it's not... it's not... the UEC you have now it's gonna be something we use so we can basically get it out there and then... peop... we can test out the... the universe and stuff like that... ahhh... and then of course... ehm... right after that... is... uhm... you're gonna have uh... the PROCEDURAL STUFF which is gonna make a MASSIVE DIFFERENCE it's not just the planet stuff that you've seen some demos for procedural stuff can be used all over the place, and will make a MASSIVE DIFFERENCE to gameplay so... I know... I know you asked for... what's the next milestone, I've given you THREE ehrm, milestones which are all pretty close and uhm, that's kind of uhm... those... that's stuff I'm really excited about right now

Yup. hosed. The End.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

LowellDND posted:

So I posted my oldest cate a while ago:

This guy

But I also have three others

with our newest being:

These are all great but fuuuck that top pic is fantastic

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

That grey one is clearly a cutout. Your cat-maniac credentials are in peril.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
gizmo has a lot to say about start citizen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRn3J4NYCv8

Fooma
Oct 15, 2010

nom nom nom
Derek, have you shared any of your pets with us here before?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

trucutru posted:

That grey one is clearly a cutout. Your cat-maniac credentials are in peril.

Cat Traders cut out spotted

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Cat has been resized; please have a skateboard cat in apology.

Pratt2112
Mar 25, 2016

Indeeeeeeeeeed...

SerCypher posted:

Derek you'd be a good phone sex operator.

Or a bad one I'm not sure.

In any case gently caress Erin just tell us what happened.

I was thinking Derek would be an awesome Math teacher.

"That's not how Math works... Pay attention..."

lol

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Mr.Tophat posted:

If Solar Plebian is released at the exact moment that Star Citizen is officially cancelled, then conspirators would claim STOLEN ART

and it would bring in more comedy gold

This is the plan. I'm actually really stressed that CIG has hosed the bucket so bad they'll tank before I can release my Space Opera.

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

Scruffpuff posted:

If that's the case, then we may as well lock him in a rubber room now and be done with it. The only thing he was ever successful at was a game older than Sandi's profile pic. But for him to imagine that his cognitive abortion is fit for Hollywood? It's one thing for him to play pretend, and appease his worthless wife, it's quite another if he honestly believes in his heart that he's anything other than a grade-Z sub-hack.

He absolutely believes he is a misunderstood creative genius who has never had the support he needed to fully bloom.

If he knew he was a hack, and couldn't deliver, he would have never come up with any of the poo poo he does. He would never be able to convince anyone of anything; he is, after all, a terrible actor. If you think he knows acting I suggest you study his roles as director, and his choice in wives. His enthusiasm is genuine; he is the worlds greatest Chris Roberts fan. He really believes that he can make the greatest epic film saga of all time. He might know, at this point, he can't create the greatest game of all time, but he believes basically no-one who matters will care, after all, film is more 'important' than games; that's why he's trying to get back in. And when he's finally given the acclaim and riches he is entitled to, the game will basically take care of itself, by someone else, in another continent, so he can really focus on really locking down that Oscar.

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

Pratt2112 posted:

I was thinking Derek would be an awesome Math teacher.

"That's not how Math works... Pay attention..."

lol

"Look I explained this weeks ago, I said something related to exponents would be on the test but you didn't believe me despite numerous posts on my blog"

Haskell9
Sep 23, 2008

post it live
The Great Twist

Dusty Lens posted:

Imagine a world in which people got jail time for trying to get people to buy their unfinished stalled out lovely game that they never had any possibility or real intent of finishing.

We should make a list of all the people who would be in trouble.

I'll go first.

Chris Roberts.

Now someone add another name to the list.

LuiCypher posted:

Tim Schafer (Spacebase DF-9)

John Romero (Daikatana, dripping loads)
Peter Molyneux (Everything he ever made after Bullfrog and even some then)

They team up to fight crime as The AAA* team, Romero all slapping steel plates on Lesnick to roll at the bad guys like a killer fatamari damaci, Schafer's fangs dripping pure liquid fraud and Romero plugging his hair into The Matrix and spitting --+DREAMS+--

*Triple A status not guaranteed

Haskell9
Sep 23, 2008

post it live
The Great Twist

Everyone who ever said Derek never made a good post just got owned

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Toops posted:

This is the plan. I'm actually really stressed that CIG has hosed the bucket so bad they'll tank before I can release my Space Opera.

Space Parpera?

Haskell9
Sep 23, 2008

post it live
The Great Twist
Yeah I'm behind the thread gently caress you too

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Beet Wagon posted:

loving completely lost it at the constellation of office chairs.

Solar Plebeian is going to save computer gaming. If I give you an obscene amount of money can you put my face on one of the office chairs?

Hell, I'll do it for free!

I have a stretch goal: To put any goon's face or avatar on their own personal asteroid.

Derek got his rightful place on the first honorary asteroid.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Come on! Tell us what's up Derek!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

VealCutlet posted:

Good stuff! I feel the jpegs at the end should be purchasable...

They will all be purchasable to any/all Goons, for free.

• Locked thread