Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

A TURGID FATSO posted:

I haven't learned one single smoke since the game came out yet I am a GOD

ptr? Is that you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."
poo poo, I can barely use grenades effectively up close and tactical, let alone simple across the map throws

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
The good thing about many of those across the map throws is it's just rote memorization, set up a grenade practice bind, jump onto dust ii T side, hop on car, align smoke, throw smoke, smokes off corner every time. Of course it's slow as hell compared to doing the running throw from a different spot but it's one of the easier ones to learn.

SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010
Click to understand my bad faith posting.

A TURGID FATSO posted:

I haven't learned one single smoke since the game came out yet I am a GOD

Look at this guy, gets a deagle ace and immediately lets it go to his head.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Mukaikubo posted:

poo poo, I can barely use grenades effectively up close and tactical, let alone simple across the map throws

The ones across distance are considerably easier and more reliable

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

this dude amuses me.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

mcvey posted:

There are so many good resources nowadays for grenades and they're easy to learn there's no excuse to not know the most important ones.

"Hey does anyone else know the mirage smokes?"

*silence*

console quit

Seriously. Even at lem its a welcome surprise when i get 2 guys to help me fully smoke a

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

SealHammer posted:

Look at this guy, gets a deagle ace and immediately lets it go to his head.

Didn't get a revolver ace like this gent tho :smug:

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

nftyw posted:

Of course it's slow as hell compared to doing the running throw

If you mean the one a couple steps away from the bottom of t spawn ramp i once spent 40 mins and i just couldnt get it consistently and i ususlly land the doubledoors-cat running xbox smoke

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah that sounds like the one. The car to long corner is one of the few ones I bothered to learn, not like it's a huge deal since I don't play comp at all, but it's a little surprising how easy it is to do. I think making a bind to go into grenade practice mode and then tossing out grenades is more trouble than most people feel comfortable with despite how easy it is, ultimately, and it shows by the amount of people who know the maps, are familiar with all the weapons and general techniques but have not a single nade to their name.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
alright so I hear surfing is supposed to be relaxing. I've never surfed before and I need to work on my anger issues, so can I get some recommendations for beginner surf maps?

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

I can still get drops via twitch this major, correct? I don't feel like stooping to go on MLG.com.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

A TURGID FATSO posted:

alright so I hear surfing is supposed to be relaxing. I've never surfed before and I need to work on my anger issues, so can I get some recommendations for beginner surf maps?

kitsune, mesa, beginner, prelude, utopia, forbidden ways and Royal. just search for "tier 1" maps if youre a complete noob

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

fennesz posted:

I can still get drops via twitch this major, correct? I don't feel like stooping to go on MLG.com.

this major has drops!?

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

ArfJason posted:

this major has drops!?

Yes. http://blog.counter-strike.net/index.php/2016/03/13816/

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

fennesz posted:

Yep. Either or works.

Or use both sites at once for max profit :ssh:

Maguro
Apr 24, 2006

Why is the sun always bullying me?

nftyw posted:

Yeah that sounds like the one. The car to long corner is one of the few ones I bothered to learn, not like it's a huge deal since I don't play comp at all, but it's a little surprising how easy it is to do. I think making a bind to go into grenade practice mode and then tossing out grenades is more trouble than most people feel comfortable with despite how easy it is, ultimately, and it shows by the amount of people who know the maps, are familiar with all the weapons and general techniques but have not a single nade to their name.

That corner smoke and two nice flashes will get you pretty far in most matches. The smoke and two flashes for B tunnel on T side are harder to learn imo, but they help as well of course. Adren's videos on dust 2 nades helped me learn all of these. The catwalk portions are really good.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
This is basically how I throw my corner smoke. It's consistent. Doesn't take long to setup.
Run to the shadow for the power line that goes overhead.
Stop on the shadow.
Line up the open edge of the right door with the middle of the arch thing inside. Just like this picture.
Go straight above and inline with the edge of the door to the height of the light off to the right.
Throw.
Keep running & get some kills.

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

yeah long corner is pretty easy to hit without stopping at all using the power lines as a guide. if i spawn close i throw it on a direct run and get a kill or two most of the time, or at least get us pushed out of the doors

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Just got an eco ace on Mirage. Dude toggles on the other team and we don't win another round for the rest of the match :allears:

symbolic posted:

Yep. Either or works.

Or use both sites at once for max profit :ssh:

I don't know if this is going to work but I might as well try. They'll just be on while I'm at work anyway :getin:

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

fennesz posted:

Just got an eco ace on Mirage. Dude toggles on the other team and we don't win another round for the rest of the match :allears:

I don't know if this is going to work but I might as well try. They'll just be on while I'm at work anyway :getin:

it works in many ways, as long as each stream has a different twitch user logged in (incognito mode to make it easier)
i had my main on the pc and my alt on twitch for phone which got a cobble case

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
alright guys, im going to be serious here for a sec. do you want to know how to make money betting on the major?

get paid pupper

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I am just hoarding up, buying stickers cheap and then selling them for more later. Lods a mone

In actuality my hoarding nature means that I'm sitting on a gigantic pile of worthless stickers I can't bring myself to sell because what if the price goes up later??

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

ArfJason posted:

it works in many ways, as long as each stream has a different twitch user logged in (incognito mode to make it easier)
i had my main on the pc and my alt on twitch for phone which got a cobble case

Well if you have two accounts, you might as well just use 2 twitch windows (one in an incognito window), which is what I am doing since I still had an old unused twitch account to link my smurf to. As far as using the same Steam account several times (ingame, twitch, MLG) goes, that doesn't add anything. Your SteamID is either eligible for a drop or it isn't, it can't be on the list more than once.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Demostrs posted:

alright guys, im going to be serious here for a sec. do you want to know how to make money betting on the major?

get paid pupper

I put a small bet on basically every underdog for day one and will do so for day two as well. I find that to be more fun that trying to get cents on the dollar for something like Lumi over Mouz (or Fnatic over Splyce at 0.06 for 1 lol)

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
If nothing else at least Dust II cases will actually be worth a decent amount.

e: Honestly while the Splyce/fnatic thing seems like a done deal I wonder how NiP will fare without pyth.

nftyw fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Mar 29, 2016

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

A TURGID FATSO posted:

surf any Tier 1 servers you can, and keep doing that until you finally maybe complete kitsune with a really lovely 15 minute time, then keep doing that until you get almost decent at it

then go play a Tier 2 surf map server and repeat the process

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

nftyw posted:

If nothing else at least Dust II cases will actually be worth a decent amount.

e: Honestly while the Splyce/fnatic thing seems like a done deal I wonder how NiP will fare without pyth.

Probably depends on whether gtr f0rest and Friberg remember how to dominate the CS scene.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

Luna Was Here posted:

surf any Tier 1 servers you can, and keep doing that until you finally maybe complete kitsune with a really lovely 15 minute time, then keep doing that until you get almost decent at it

then go play a Tier 2 surf map server and repeat the process

anyrthing past tier 3 is way too difficult to be fun

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Kz > surf > comp >>>> gungame >>>>>>>>>>>>> casual

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

csgo >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> lovely 3d jump'n'runs shoddily cloned in csgo

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Up Circle posted:

anyrthing past tier 3 is way too difficult to be fun

Nah, you just need to put in some time in the mode. Oh and please everyone if youre gonna play kz and or surf raise your sens a notch or two or else youre gonna be super miserable

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Katana Gomai posted:

csgo >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> lovely 3d jump'n'runs shoddily cloned in csgo

Mirrors edge was cloned in tf2!! Noob!!!

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

ArfJason posted:

Nah, you just need to put in some time in the mode. Oh and please everyone if youre gonna play kz and or surf raise your sens a notch or two or else youre gonna be super miserable

oh yeah forgot this one my csgo dpi is 800 and my surf dpi is like 2500-3000

it feels really wonky

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
I suuuuuuuuuuck at the ladder jumps.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

ArfJason posted:

sweet, it's been a while since the last sens chat

1.05@800 comp
1.05@1600 surf

surf_kitsure PB: 1m12s

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
What drop eligible twitch channel are the matches on?

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

The Ferret King posted:

What drop eligible twitch channel are the matches on?

the MLG twitch

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

https://www.twitch.tv/mlg

got all my smurfs idling this poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
The main one or the "_Live" one?

I checked their website and their website said to check back soon for stream locations in the FAQ.

EDIT: Thanks

qhat posted:

https://www.twitch.tv/mlg

got all my smurfs idling this poo poo