Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
In less than seven hours I am most definitely and without a doubt going to post a picture of my yard ITT (in this thread) so if you feel like yard-chat is something you want to participate in, then this post is a heads up to let you know that yes, there's going to be a picture of my yard here pretty soon and I will be in the market for talking about lawn care, hedges and even my grill. It's a Weber gas grill and I got it from my father in law when he upgraded to a bigger model. Now I feel that was a mistake, since whenever we're together he mentions that my gas grill is smaller than his, which is essentially a way for him to seem like a bigger and more economically wealthy man than me, the man who is married to his daughter. So in that way, I do kinda regret not just buying a big gas grill myself, but on the other hand I use the thing like maybe 5 times a year and I don't really like it, so it's really money saved if you think about it.

Anyway, the picture is going up pretty soon and I will be interested in having a nice, civil yard-related chat with other goons here, later. Thank you and god bless.

fake : looking at this thread in the preview it's very... I dunno, dry-looking? Like there's just s a paragraph of text and not much to catch the eye, so here's my favourite forums smiley: :itwaspoo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
Right now I am watching a series of youtube tutorials on how to use an old fashioned loom and let me tell you I am way in over my head, here. The yard pic is still coming though.

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

thanks op i like the pictur

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

lonesomedwarf posted:

thanks op i like the pictur

The picture is not up yet, but it will be soonishly.

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
Winklebottom is not to be trifled with.

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

read title as "going to post picture of my vcard" disappointed, voting 1

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
How often do you mow your yard if you know what I mean OP

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
check out this cool yard

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

does the lawn colour match the vines colour op ;)

Shats Basoon
Jun 13, 2013

going to go ahead and register my disappointment at the lack of picture now instead of waiting 7 hours before OP drops the ball

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Minimalist Program posted:

In less than seven hours I am most definitely and without a doubt going to post a picture of my yard ITT (in this thread) so if you feel like yard-chat is something you want to participate in, then this post is a heads up to let you know that yes, there's going to be a picture of my yard here pretty soon and I will be in the market for talking about lawn care, hedges and even my grill. It's a Weber gas grill and I got it from my father in law when he upgraded to a bigger model. Now I feel that was a mistake, since whenever we're together he mentions that my gas grill is smaller than his, which is essentially a way for him to seem like a bigger and more economically wealthy man than me, the man who is married to his daughter. So in that way, I do kinda regret not just buying a big gas grill myself, but on the other hand I use the thing like maybe 5 times a year and I don't really like it, so it's really money saved if you think about it.

Anyway, the picture is going up pretty soon and I will be interested in having a nice, civil yard-related chat with other goons here, later. Thank you and god bless.

fake : looking at this thread in the preview it's very... I dunno, dry-looking? Like there's just s a paragraph of text and not much to catch the eye, so here's my favourite forums smiley: :itwaspoo:

nice loving retard thread idiot

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
the future is here. threads where the op holds posters to ransom instead of delivering the promised content

post the yard ffs

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
i cannot belive this poo poo

drunkelberger
Jun 8, 2014
what da hell is taking so long?

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
booooooo

voting 1

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
anticipating this op thanks

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
if the yard sees its shadow it means op is probated for two months

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
I am going to make some fanart of OP's yard by drawing Hitler the Pony drinking tea in a gazebo in op's yard in summer.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

is this what eternity feels like

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
ground floor

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

I just got in from mowing my yard and let me tell you this: your yard definitely sucks compared to mine. Sorry, but this is a truth.

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS
YARD SARD --->

LadyAmbien
Oct 22, 2015
I want some delivery on this yard picture or it's lights out for this thread!

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

This is OP's gimmick, he won't post the yard, sorry goons. Just check the PYF Goon Pic thread for proof.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Are you going to fight youre dad op? That would be cool.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

bradzilla posted:

This is OP's gimmick, he won't post the yard, sorry goons. Just check the PYF Goon Pic thread for proof.

hosed up OP. Here I was expecting some hot yard action, was this all just a tease?!

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Didn't :gas: light houses back in the day?

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

bradzilla posted:

Actually, if you check the PYF selfie thread you will find that I did in fact post a picture of my yard there, in 2014.

Vitalis Jackson
May 14, 2009

Sun and water are healthy for you -- but not for your hair!
Fun Shoe

Say, how do you get rid of the henbit and speedwell? I tried using Weed-b-Gone (well, a knockoff) a couple of weeks ago and it didn't do squat. Was the weather too cool or something?

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
Here's the yard.

Thoughts? Comments? Ideas? Questions?

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Vitalis Jackson posted:

Say, how do you get rid of the henbit and speedwell? I tried using Weed-b-Gone (well, a knockoff) a couple of weeks ago and it didn't do squat. Was the weather too cool or something?

HAha I don't know man, I just use a rake and wear gloves and pull poo poo I don't like to look at out of the ground w. my hands.

e: there's a bunch of moss in my lawn, like it's probably 60% moss at this point and I'm just out there like a retard with a rake, because I guess we're like a no-chemical household.

Vitalis Jackson
May 14, 2009

Sun and water are healthy for you -- but not for your hair!
Fun Shoe

HAha I don't know man, I just use a rake and wear gloves and pull poo poo I don't like to look at out of the ground w. my hands.

e: there's a bunch of moss in my lawn, like it's probably 60% moss at this point and I'm just out there like a retard with a rake, because I guess we're like a no-chemical household.

That's bullshit, who has time to pull weeds. There's a reason God made herbicides, you know.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Here's the yard.

shameful

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

I don't see you posting your yard, in the yard thread!

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Here's the yard.

Your trees could use a bit of a trim as could the under brush of those flowers, bud. Other than that, it's a nice lil yard

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I don't care for this yard at all

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Booblord Zagats posted:

Your trees could use a bit of a trim as could the under brush of those flowers, bud. Other than that, it's a nice lil yard

Haha I don't know what I am doing and mostly I'm just out there hitting the trees, plants and lawn with my rake and scaring the birds.

e:

Moola posted:

I don't care for this yard at all

I'm going to flippin hit you with my rake, dude.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Haha I don't know what I am doing and mostly I'm just out there hitting the trees, plants and lawn with my rake and scaring the birds.

Maple Story and Zelda really screwed up you kids for lawncare

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
pretty lovely yard imho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke