Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

This mostly happened because Bless didn't account for the ekko ult appropriately and lost the 1v1 in lane. It's kind of hard to do without match up experience against ekko, and you almost never see him. Though, I think there was a slight spike last week because of some LCS player. When you play around his ult properly in lane, ekko's kill potential drops off dramatically. If he doesn't snowball, he's also not very impactful. I'd recommend against playing ekko.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
He was played in the LCK last week too I think. Really really badly, but he was there.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Sexpansion posted:

Also, armor got more expensive and MR got less expensive. Graves, Talon, Zed, etc. are much more viable when maw of malmortius is really good.

Yeah that item is Problematic

I wish Frozen Heart didn't feel so useless now, it used to be one of my favorite items but now if you buy it vs attack speed champs you die anyway to the sated devourer or rageblade since you have no health to soak up the magic damage.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Tales of Woe posted:

I wish Frozen Heart didn't feel so useless now, it used to be one of my favorite items but now if you buy it vs attack speed champs you die anyway to the sated devourer or rageblade since you have no health to soak up the magic damage.

Yeah, it was definitely too good last season, but they really neutered it. Can't remember the last time I built that item on a champ not named Ryze.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
What do you evolve now on Kha

quick im on the loading screen

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Pandasmores posted:

Why isn't there a Weemo for those times you and a friend both want to play Teemo? Same kit, same skins, just all of his poo poo is a slightly different color.

We need that Heroes of the Storm hero where there's one character controlled by two people.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Voli'Teemo.

Or Voli'Swain. Either way, you'd be giving that useless bear a better purpose.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Mar 29, 2016

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

I assume it's still Q level 6, E level 11. The other 2 aren't nearly as strong.

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

Q>E>W. The R evolution isn't great anymore ever since they removed the ridiculous damage reduction when he was invisible

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

bruiser ekko top is pretty meta at the moment for anyone that wants to play him

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Servaetes posted:

though not as big of an issue as graves, karma is also up there in the tiny mustache having club toplane. it's winnable playing as a melee guy but jesus christ is it pretty insufferable getting pelted by Qs nonstop or her stupid speedup and the tether and god dammit it's kennen all over again

you want to know true hell? be the garen that laned into my Fervor ASPD runes Karma. fool rushed MR right before I purchased a picaxe for Rageblade :grin:

disclaimer: this is not a good build or idea or anything. it only exists to be ghetto Kayle/Quinn and make the enemy laner miserable and occured by mistake because i forgot to switch my runes and masteries

How Rude fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Mar 29, 2016

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Why

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Actually I think ASPD reds might be viable on Karma for toplane because your laning paradigm is to always be auto attacking the melee dude.

Deathfire or thunderlord's are definitely much stronger on her than fervor though.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

whenever i play lane karma i always take thunderlords for auto + mantra q burst

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Servaetes posted:

though not as big of an issue as graves, karma is also up there in the tiny mustache having club toplane. it's winnable playing as a melee guy but jesus christ is it pretty insufferable getting pelted by Qs nonstop or her stupid speedup and the tether and god dammit it's kennen all over again

The best kinds of champions you mean. Keep em at an arms length and just keep loving with them until they leave lane.

Kennen has been my fun-time favorite support for awhile and I bust him out there whenever I can.

I haven't played Karma since the recent buffs I'm assuming she's just slightly better than before.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Tales of Woe posted:

Maw being this good has thrown the AD vs AP balance out of wack, you WANT to be matched up against someone who uses magic damage because then you can build Maw and it will trigger and you get that crazy life leech and attack speed, thankfully maw is getting nerfed finally.

AP really could use a second AP/Armor item in the same way that AD now has two top tier MR/AD items in mercurial and maw.
Mercurial going from Meh to Great statwise has also dampened any champ that relies on one big CC move like Malz and Fid.

Right now, a 4 AD team is way better then a 4 AP team, the 4 AP won't be able to touch the maw/mercurial/locket team.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Mar 29, 2016

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Right now, a 4 AD team is way better then a 4 AP team, the 4 AP won't be able to touch the maw/mercurial/locket team.

Yup.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i actually played against the mythical 4 ap heroes + corki adc team the other week and it was probably the easiest game of my life

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

I understand why they made Zhonya's really stat-inefficient since the active is nuts, but I feel like it leaves an itemization gap that could be filled with another seeker's armguard upgrade that's more about the stats

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I'm hoping as part of the mage update the AP itemization gets a serious update.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Soraka may in fact be completely broken in Twisted Treeline right now. Super safe laning with easy CS, huge impact in team fights when you only have two targets to heal. I've been stomping with it and it's a ton of fun.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Tales of Woe posted:

I understand why they made Zhonya's really stat-inefficient since the active is nuts, but I feel like it leaves an itemization gap that could be filled with another seeker's armguard upgrade that's more about the stats

Bring Moonflaire Spellblade to da rift IMO.

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.
I played two sion games yesterday. The first got me out of a 4-game losing streak in ranked by doing the spicy "zzrot portal rush and kill the enemy Vlad 4 times in 12 minutes so he ragequits" tactic. The second I went with the "get 500 armor against the all-AD team and make iceborne slow zones as wide as the lane" build and won that one too. I guess you could say I'm a savant now and am ready for my transformer skin.

That's my story, hope you enjoyed it.

SlyFrog
May 16, 2007

What? One name? Who are you, Seal?

KicksYouInHalf posted:

I played two sion games yesterday. The first got me out of a 4-game losing streak in ranked by doing the spicy "zzrot portal rush and kill the enemy Vlad 4 times in 12 minutes so he ragequits" tactic. The second I went with the "get 500 armor against the all-AD team and make iceborne slow zones as wide as the lane" build and won that one too. I guess you could say I'm a savant now and am ready for my transformer skin.

That's my story, hope you enjoyed it.

My kid keeps calling everything "spicy," in that irritating way teenagers have of working the word into every possible loving sentence. What retarded meme is that related to?

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Libertine posted:

The best kinds of champions you mean. Keep em at an arms length and just keep loving with them until they leave lane.

Kennen has been my fun-time favorite support for awhile and I bust him out there whenever I can.

I haven't played Karma since the recent buffs I'm assuming she's just slightly better than before.

She's thankfully pretty rare top because I'd imagine Graves would eat her alive but she's extremely strong against melee characters with very little gap closing. If they have none to speak of its basically getting pelted with spells nonstop. But I think she doesn't translate as well as a graves or some loving bizarre was a tank jungler is now a toplaner for god knows why meta in terms of late game contribution. Undeniably useful but brings the same usefulness that she does as a support but with bigger numbers. She's basically a significantly more useful Teemo. Still a dildo.

Kennen top still annoys the gently caress out of me for merely existing from a jungler standpoint but he's bad or ??? so I thank my lucky stars

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.

SlyFrog posted:

My kid keeps calling everything "spicy." What retarded meme is that related to?

gently caress you dad

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I want to have a team of top karma, mid lulu, graves jungle, lucian adc, braum support. That sounds a cool and good team right now.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Welp, I've now had two Soraka treeline games where I laned solo against two people and both went swimmingly. She may in fact be unkillable in lane.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

CubeTheory posted:

Welp, I've now had two Soraka treeline games where I laned solo against two people and both went swimmingly. She may in fact be unkillable in lane.

Do people really still do the 2/1 split on TT?

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Kashuno posted:

Do people really still do the 2/1 split on TT?

I think it's because towers go down so fast in TT, you see a lot of duo lanes with cooldown champs like Mundo supporting. Put out tons of pressure, take towers fast.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
chocolate chai tea is great you guys.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

CubeTheory posted:

I think it's because towers go down so fast in TT, you see a lot of duo lanes with cooldown champs like Mundo supporting. Put out tons of pressure, take towers fast.

When I was serious about TT, we used to do 1/1/1 with a dedicated jungler. That was back before you could smite champions, which feels like it should make that setup even better.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Servaetes posted:

Kennen top still annoys the gently caress out of me for merely existing from a jungler standpoint but he's bad or ??? so I thank my lucky stars

yeah i hate that guy. i dont know how to beat kennen now that fiora is a stupid bruiser tank thing

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

the answer is always graves

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
For the zero people that were wondering, optimal Soraka treeline build is Sheen->Lucidity->Nashor's Tooth->Lich Bane->Wooglet's Witchcap

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

CubeTheory posted:

For the zero people that were wondering, optimal Soraka treeline build is Sheen->Lucidity->Nashor's Tooth->Lich Bane->Wooglet's Witchcap

die

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

and this is from like the nicest person in the thread so you know how people feel about TT

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Lovechop posted:

yeah i hate that guy. i dont know how to beat kennen now that fiora is a stupid bruiser tank thing

good news! tank fiora sucks again. try building her full damage instead of being a bitch and stacking resists.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Sexpansion posted:

and this is from like the nicest person in the thread so you know how people feel about TT

I like TT and wish it was more active :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
I love TT but my queue times are always >20 minutes.

• Locked thread