Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Eh, they were able to work around Alyson Hannigan pretty well in the Buffy musical. It's certainly doable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

ShakeZula posted:

Eh, they were able to work around Alyson Hannigan pretty well in the Buffy musical. It's certainly doable.

The Buffy cast was pretty large and it helped that two of the cast members were already singing in bands and then you had Amber Benson who has an amazing voice. And apart from Hannigan the rest were decent to good singers.

Buffy set a really high bar for musicals, if you can't get close to that then it is probably nor worth doing.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Eh I'm a sucker for musical episodes, and I like to think the musical episode of Psych led to Detective Lassiter becoming a singing king on Galavant

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

I opposite-of-like musical episodes so please don't go there, show.

Just make Liv eat a singers brain if Rose really wants to sing, but that gimmick where everyone in the scene suddenly breaks into song and perfectly choreographed dance right off the cuff is just argh.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I like the way Scrubs did it. That lady had some sort of brain trauma that made it seem like everyone was singing and dancing. Once she left or if there was a scene in another place, they'd go back to normal.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Cojawfee posted:

I like the way Scrubs did it. That lady had some sort of brain trauma that made it seem like everyone was singing and dancing. Once she left or if there was a scene in another place, they'd go back to normal.

There you go, the iZombie episode could revolve around Liv eating that woman's brain! :D

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

atomicgeek posted:

Today I learned Rose McIver was...a Power Ranger? :wtc: Are there still Power Rangers? How did this happen?

It even got a shout-out on the "Zombie High" episode earlier this season. There's a plot point where one of the actor suspects is planning to quit "Zombie High" to become a Power Ranger, and Liv questions whether he really has the acting skills for the role. :haw:

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Medullah posted:

There you go, the iZombie episode could revolve around Liv eating that woman's brain! :D

Well it is a brain disease. Someone has to give this idea to the show runners. Or Rose McIver, maybe. She seems like someone who is on twitter a lot.

Shaded Spriter
Mar 27, 2010

I think it would turn into a scrubs style musical in terms of singing at least. I don't know if anyone on the cast has Anthony Stewart Head's musical background but I am sure they can get the a Zach Braff/Donald Fiason duet somewhere out of the cast.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

D

Air is lava! posted:

Well it is a brain disease. Someone has to give this idea to the show runners. Or Rose McIver, maybe. She seems like someone who is on twitter a lot.

TWEETED! :D

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Just wanted to say I loved how Rita's dad flipped his poo poo when he saw the blackeye and then didn't think twice about locking her in with a zombie. Just really drove home how lovely a person he is.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

bamhand posted:

Just wanted to say I loved how Rita's dad flipped his poo poo when he saw the blackeye and then didn't think twice about locking her in with a zombie. Just really drove home how lovely a person he is.

Beyond that, he flipped his poo poo on the wrong person -- and when the right person was around, and in trouble, he basically just let her go with a light chastisement.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

bamhand posted:

No one else is allowed to damage his property. He's allowed to do whatever he wants with his stuff.

Though, to be fair to the dickwad he has been jacked up on the new drink formula, so he's got enhanced fight or flight responses. Not really conducive to thoughtful decision making. Without it he'd still consider everyone but himself disposable, because that's the kind of person he is, but he probably wouldn't have bouts of random violence.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Oasx posted:

Buffy set a really high bar for musicals, if you can't get close to that then it is probably nor worth doing.
Disagree, because musical episodes are always good. Buffy, Scrubs, Daria, they're all highlights, even where that means "the highlight of an otherwise lovely season".

Angela Christine posted:

No one else is allowed to damage his property. He's allowed to do whatever he wants with his stuff.

Though, to be fair to the dickwad he has been jacked up on the new drink formula, so he's got enhanced fight or flight responses. Not really conducive to thoughtful decision making. Without it he'd still consider everyone but himself disposable, because that's the kind of person he is, but he probably wouldn't have bouts of random violence.
Just want to say, this seems to be pretty much on the money,

BarbarousBertha
Aug 2, 2007

Tiggum posted:

Just want to say, this seems to be pretty much on the money,
Agreed, and I think that attitude extends to torturing Major privileges.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Tiggum posted:

I'm thinking maybe he was feeling all sentimental already when he did that, and decided to get him out of Liv's life because he knows about the whole triple-agent thing.

Nah. Earlier in the episode Blaine told his henchmen that Blake probably sold him out to Boss, and even if he hadn't "what's the point of having an inside man if he doesn't warn me about this?" Eliminating Blake is just tying up loose ends for Blaine and making it less likely that Boss finds out he's alive/undead.

Of course if Blaine really wants to stay out of Boss's eyesight he should probably move out of the place where Boss found him in the first place.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Blaine asking his guys to keep up the brains trade and thanking them for their loyalty was so :3:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

ShakeZula posted:

It pleases me that Allison Hannigan was SO bad in Once More With Feeling that people still talk about it.

I think this line's mostly filler.

THERE WAS A REASON FOR THAT WILLOW.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Rhyno posted:

It pleases me that Allison Hannigan was SO bad in Once More With Feeling that people still talk about it.

I think this line's mostly filler.

THERE WAS A REASON FOR THAT WILLOW.

To her credit, she acknowledges openly she's a terrible singer and wanted no part in the musical other than background.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

McIver, Webber and Michalka can all sing for sure. No clue for the rest of the main cast.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
David Anders sounded okay doing Whiter Shade of Pale.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

esperterra posted:

McIver, Webber and Michalka can all sing for sure. No clue for the rest of the main cast.

https://www.instagram.com/p/97xc7IJcV1/

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
Zombie Rita!

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

Weather man is back!!!!

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

jscolon2.0 posted:

Zombie Rita!

FoxTerrier posted:

Weather man is back!!!!
Where do you guys live that you're already watching it? I'm in the central time zone and it doesn't even start here for another half an hour.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

Gobbeldygook posted:

Where do you guys live that you're already watching it? I'm in the central time zone and it doesn't even start here for another half an hour.

Eastern Time Zone or bust :toot:

(I actually thought est and central aired at the same time, but apparently not?)

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

I honestly have no idea how they're keeping this many plot lines in the air :psyduck:

All I know is that I NEED ANSWERS

EDIT: OK less answers and more just MORE EPISODES NOW

Combed Thunderclap fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Mar 30, 2016

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

"I'm not killing them, I'm deep-freezing them. I'm being coerced into doing this against my will."

is all Major would've needed to say to get Ravi to continue hearing him out. Instead we got the "I CAN EXPLAIN" without, y'know, actually explaining. It only stuck out to me because this show is usually above such cheap contrivances. Having characters not communicating to create drama brought back terrible memories of the dark days of watching Lost.

Unless...

Combed Thunderclap posted:

I honestly have no idea how they're keeping this many plot lines in the air :psyduck:

This combined with the egregious scheduling breaks is causing the some of those plotlines to fall out of the air.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

jscolon2.0 posted:

Zombie Rita!

FoxTerrier posted:

Weather man is back!!!!

A great episode. I hope they keep finding ways to bring back Johnny Frost. Once a season would be great.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

Cactus posted:

is all Major would've needed to say to get Ravi to continue hearing him out. Instead we got the "I CAN EXPLAIN" without, y'know, actually explaining. It only stuck out to me because this show is usually above such cheap contrivances. Having characters not communicating to create drama brought back terrible memories of the dark days of watching Lost.

Yeah, that bothered me too, but I'm going to assume he was about to explain before he seized up and went zombie. Great ep otherwise.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

esperterra posted:

Also established last night is that Liv can dance. :yosbutt:

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Can't wait for Liv, Peyton and Ravi to have the team Z talk with Clive and the FBI lady (Bozzio?) to stop them from taking any extreme measures.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

M_Gargantua posted:

Can't wait for Liv, Peyton and Ravi to have the team Z talk with Clive and the FBI lady (Bozzio?) to stop them from taking any extreme measures.

The trouble is, each person they tell is another roll of the dice. Eventually someone is going to object to letting Ravi try to solve the problem in his spare time, and call in the CDC.

This is the early stages of an extinction level event. If a couple million people get infected, that's it, we're done. Their only way to stay smart and human will be be to kill other humans, because the entire planet only produces about one million human corpses per week. Since they are smart, the zombies can use tools to get into fortified locations, and are able to use ships and airplanes to try to track down pockets of survivors. Letting a couple hundred undetectable smart zombies roam around Seattle is incredibly dangerous and irresponsible.

Of course none of that can happen because the it is a comedy about a quirky zombie detective. But each new person they add who doesn't go "Holy poo poo, we need to get the authorities down here pronto!" just makes it more unrealistic.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I really like the guy who plays Don E.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Angela Christine posted:

This is the early stages of an extinction level event. If a couple million people get infected, that's it, we're done. Their only way to stay smart and human will be be to kill other humans, because the entire planet only produces about one million human corpses per week. Since they are smart, the zombies can use tools to get into fortified locations, and are able to use ships and airplanes to try to track down pockets of survivors. Letting a couple hundred undetectable smart zombies roam around Seattle is incredibly dangerous and irresponsible.

Relatedly, the major unaswered question I had from this episode is "are Don E and the big guy actually gonna keep up the brain trade like Blaine asked them to, or are they just going to deal drugs and probably get shot in the head by Boss".

I'm thinking the latter.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Carrasco posted:

Relatedly, the major unaswered question I had from this episode is "are Don E and the big guy actually gonna keep up the brain trade like Blaine asked them to, or are they just going to deal drugs and probably get shot in the head by Boss".

I'm thinking the latter.

Pretty much.

Also: Blaine.

So, the cure works, but you're permanently stuck with the personality of the last brain you ate? That's....interesting. Sets up a good conflict between taking the cure and being, well, cured, but at the expense of self.

I can't imagine them keeping Blaine with a plain vanilla personality for so long tough, so I assume there's got to be some catch involved. I have no idea what however.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Oasx posted:

I really like the guy who plays Don E.

Yeah, he has a really emotive face. He's fun to watch.

Angela Christine posted:

Of course none of that can happen because the it is a comedy about a quirky zombie detective. But each new person they add who doesn't go "Holy poo poo, we need to get the authorities down here pronto!" just makes it more unrealistic.

It hasn't been lost on me that it's the freakin' Max Rager company's cover up that's been doing the most good in the big picture by trying to take out zombies before this goes full infestation.

Carrasco posted:

I can't imagine them giving up the brain trade, they'll probably do both. Probably.

Does the ol' headshot still work in this world or do you need to literally shotgun a living zombie's head into pieces for it to work? They seem super resilient.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Combed Thunderclap posted:

Does the ol' headshot still work in this world or do you need to literally shotgun a living zombie's head into pieces for it to work? They seem super resilient.

Blaine killed the rich woman he slept with with a power drill to the head, so I think it's the same old "destroy the brain" rules.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

ShakeZula posted:

Blaine killed the rich woman he slept with with a power drill to the head, so I think it's the same old "destroy the brain" rules.

Oh God, I forgot about that. Shudder.

Blaine's so charming you really do forget what a horrible psycho he actually is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Destroying the brain is good. Major killed a bunch in the Meat Cute massacre with just guns to the head. Though the big mute guy did get shot in the eye which probably damaged at least a bit of his brain, and he's okay.

• Locked thread