Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

KiddieGrinder posted:

This reminded me of those old toy things, where it was a background and you had little vinyl sticker type things to put on wherever you wanted to make a scene.

Plus why is the guy on the ground checking out broken neck's rear end? :confused:

Maybe his superpower is that he's really good at picking up oranges, but it only works if he's not looking at them?

Sidenote - I woud love some of those sticker sets with Crobbers and the gang, but all the backgrounds are courtrooms and Scrooge McDuck style money pits

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
That's not a cat but I stand by it

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

If one of these cartoon characters was the evil one, which would it be?

Also, no money? What's up with that?

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

A Neurotic Jew posted:

is that the coffeemaker?

e; why yes, yes it is!

I love this thread.

I honestly thought it was a myth or an exaggeration. I thought Sandi and Chris had lost the edge, had eschewed the excesses of CIG's youth in light of their newfound exposure.

There have been many wonderous days in this thread's history but I am really savoring this one. Because now a lot of other rumors about indulgent financial expenditures are getting an upgrade in plausibility.

Thank you to AP for dropping this in!

:homebrew:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
I like Sandi's evil eyes while signing that death warrant pink slip

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Dusty Lens posted:

What the poo poo is going on here.

Man those upvotes. Reddit knows a knee slapper when they see one.

Have I reached an age of nerd where office space jokes are no longer ok or recognized?

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Chalks posted:

Also, no money? What's up with that?

It's gone.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

AHHAHAAA look at that loving signature

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

D_Smart posted:

Plus tax. So just shy of $20K then.

Is that how it works in the US? In the UK if a business buys something from another business they don't pay sales tax.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

G0RF posted:

I honestly thought it was a myth or an exaggeration. I thought Sandi and Chris had lost the edge, had eschewed the excesses of CIG's youth in light of their newfound exposure.

There have been many wonderous days in this thread's history but I am really savoring this one. Because now a lot of other rumors about indulgent financial expenditures are getting an upgrade in plausibility.

Thank you to AP for dropping this in!

:homebrew:

.....or that I was making poo poo up when I mentioned it in my blog

GabrielMobius
Mar 22, 2016

everything is fine

:golfclap:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Ryan Archer, Promotional Artist, everybody

He's a highly skilled and valued professional in his trade

Not a trace of plagiarism

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Nomenclature posted:

Breaking News: Sandi is now in charge of developing the flight physics model:

That looks like a lot of wasted/empty floor space.
And who the hell walks around the office with sunglasses on their head.
And why is the fat one wearing pink?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GevjGgeXG5M&t=218s

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

No. loving. Way.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,
Hey guys my sources are telling me CIG went out of business 6 years ago, that it's actually 2022, and we've been stuck in a strange electromagnetic singularity field that slows down time. More at two weeks.

Toops fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Mar 29, 2016

GabrielMobius
Mar 22, 2016

everything is fine

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

No. loving. Way.

It's real Beer. Everything is real.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
dear pgbaz plz use this song in one of your next ptu vids tia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjKpHnF_sRg

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Chalks posted:

Is that how it works in the US? In the UK if a business buys something from another business they don't pay sales tax.

It's deductible as an office expense on federal taxes, but sales tax still must be paid at time of purchase. Sales tax only really doesn't apply for a business purchase if it's something like inventory which you will be reselling.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Lladre posted:

And who the hell walks around the office with sunglasses on their head.

The same kinda person wears sunglasses on their live streams :shrug:

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Ryan Archer, Promotional Artist, everybody

He's a highly skilled and valued professional in his trade

Not a trace of plagiarism

I though caricatures had to somewhat resemble their subject? And why are there like 5 different face "styles" going on?

Maybe this is why he's a tracer, because he lacks any sort of artistic talent to create, only manipulate.

Neutron Bandit
Apr 28, 2008

D_Smart posted:

So which part exactly are you struggling with?

Not struggling any more now that I got you to double down on how self-important you feel.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

http://i.imgur.com/mA9e5ke.gifv

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

How's his widow holding up?

That looks a lot like that godawful Least I Could Do comic for some reason.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

That's not a bug though :confused:

It's just a very powerful 25,000 UEC flashlight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rZ2FQ-7iLg

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

D_Smart posted:

.....or that I was making poo poo up when I mentioned it in my blog
No. I don't think you make stuff up, Derek-- and I'm sure you've heard quite a bit. I've always taken the stuff you claim came from your insider sources at CIG seriously.

I'm just saying its one thing to hear rumors of a fable super expensive espresso machine indulgence in LA-- it's another thing to have a picture of it in place at CIG.

The more the record of extravagance is corroborated with irrefutable evidence, the harder it is for others to ignore. That's a good thing for you AND for us.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

runsamok posted:

I though caricatures had to somewhat resemble their subject? And why are there like 5 different face "styles" going on?

Maybe this is why he's a tracer, because he lacks any sort of artistic talent to create, only manipulate.

Yeah I was trying to figure out how many styles are in this, at the very least two.
I like how he makes his face the biggest even though it is the farthest thing.
Perspective folks.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

GabrielMobius posted:

It's real Beer. Everything is real.

It's both real and awesome.

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

How's his widow holding up?

Lladre posted:

That looks like a lot of wasted/empty floor space.

Room to grow?

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Chalks posted:

poo poo, how the hell did he manage that? If I'd realised that CIG wasn't like most development teams which evolved out of the primordial soup and he had to start from scratch with nothing but millions of dollars and an innate ability to talk complete poo poo...

"I don't think you understand robin, I made myself batman through sheer hard work, training and physical discipline, study and meticulous planning...."

"And my parents $900billion fortune................but I still did it myself"

Brazilianpeanutwar fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Mar 29, 2016

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

ShredsYouSay posted:

That looks a lot like that godawful Least I Could Do comic for some reason.

Tim Buckley's everyone in 3/4 pose drawing strategem.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

:cawg:

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Reposting question because I know how fast this thread moves:

Yo someone tell me what the current filesize of the game is now. And does it still have the problem where the patcher just reloads the entire game every update?

~30gb, but patches seem to add much less then that after it parses the files even though it displays the full size so it doesn't reload the whole thing. Alternatively using the file repair utility instead of the normal patching seems to work as an ad hock delta patcher, but no they don't have a proper formal delta patching system yet.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Tippis posted:

That genuinely looks like a neat storage solution for something small and with lots of fiddly bits.

It looks almost exactly like PolarPro's case for DJI Phantom filters:
https://www.polarprofilters.com/products/6-pack-case-phantom-3-inspire-1-x5

... except shittier.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Yeah I guess that's impressive, sorta

You know what's really, really impressive? CIG has made a game with a flashlight that's beaten the inverse square law

sorla78
Oct 11, 2012

EAT THE PAIN AWAY!
Maybe someone should forward this link to Cloud Imperium Games, this guy certainly knows how to sell jpgs too.
http://pantechnicondesign.com/

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Wikipedia says the study of whales is actually called cetology

I wish it were funnier - like meme funny, but there you go

I wanted to become a cetologist when i was a kid. Not even joking.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

G0RF posted:

No. I don't think you make stuff up, Derek-- and I'm sure you've heard quite a bit. I've always taken the stuff you claim came from your insider sources at CIG seriously.

I'm just saying its one thing to hear rumors of a fable super expensive espresso machine indulgence in LA-- it's another thing to have a picture of it in place at CIG.

The more the record of extravagance is corroborated with irrefutable evidence, the harder it is for others to ignore. That's a good thing for you AND for us.

Derek he's right, all the game development experience in the world only gets you so far, us normals who don't understand game development want to see a stupid coffee machine to make it real.

Gossip magazines sell a lot better than trade journals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

How the gently caress did he think adding a head with twice the radius of the original was a good idea :confused:

I'm starting to get second thoughts about his artistic capabilities

• Locked thread