Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

BOB NO PULL UP PULL UP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the popular kids
Dec 27, 2010

Time for some thrilling heroics.
Dying for Kim Chis outfit. That face.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
This is the first time in more than a decade that I've seen Debby Harry without a bunch of lipstick on her teeth.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
I want the pit crew to stand ready with a giant hook to drag a bitch off stage if her wig and shoes come off.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:

Ayup.

Every returning queen has been eliminated either the episode they come back or the one immediately after, right? (I mean in the same season, Shangela doesn't count.)

Also Michelle made some incredible faces this time

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.
I love the fact that the group that everyone was like "oh, they're gonna be a train wreck" at the beginning of the challenge ended up being the best group.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

WHY THE gently caress WASN'T DERRICK IN THE BOTTOM TWO???

(Oh yeah. Storylines.)

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:

Derrick is not top 3 material unless she pulls some serious pizazz outta somewhere

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Stroop There It Is posted:

Derrick is not top 3 material unless she pulls some serious pizazz outta somewhere

She's not even top 4, maybe not even top 5 given that she's been saddled with the Ultimate Drag Race Curse of Michelle Wanting Something More You.

Like. It's impossible to pull off. (See: Ben DeLaCreme.)

PostsYouCanDanceTo
Sep 23, 2005

Derrick is the only remaining queen I don't care to see any more from.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.

Pinwiz11 posted:

(Oh yeah. Storylines.)

I was so confused by that. Derrick ought to be out next week.

But hey, Snatch Game is next week! :woop:

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

PostsYouCanDanceTo posted:

Derrick is the only remaining queen I don't care to see any more from.

Pretty much. I don't find her runways particularly interesting, she doesn't seem to excel in any of the challenges, and she generally doesn't stand out much to me at all. I can definitely see why she's successful doing Britney in Vegas, but I can't see why she's here on Drag Race. That said, she could probably pull out a surprise and make it into top 4-3 territory, but who knows.

Not surprised to see Naysha go, either. She also felt very EH to me. Also she took off her shoes for the lipsync, I swear that must be an automatic eliminate. I'm pleased that Chi Chi kept her heels on and still outperformed her, I knew she could kill it in a lipsync.

I kind of wish it had been a different Blondie song, but Call Me is so iconic, I'm not surprised.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.

Magikarpal Tunnel posted:

Also she took off her shoes for the lipsync, I swear that must be an automatic eliminate. I'm pleased that Chi Chi kept her heels on and still outperformed her, I knew she could kill it in a lipsync.

I loved how Naysha started out doing the flips, and then Chi Chi was like "gently caress that." And she loving brought it.

Though I do believe acrobatics is the new "ripping your wig and dress off."

PostsYouCanDanceTo
Sep 23, 2005

Magikarpal Tunnel posted:

Pretty much. I don't find her runways particularly interesting, she doesn't seem to excel in any of the challenges, and she generally doesn't stand out much to me at all. I can definitely see why she's successful doing Britney in Vegas, but I can't see why she's here on Drag Race. That said, she could probably pull out a surprise and make it into top 4-3 territory, but who knows.

You got to my post before I could edit it, so I will agree with you and add that in the post-runway workroom chat at the start of the episode, Derrick interprets "soul" as twerking and melisma. Her take on soul is so superficial and misguided, that tells me she won't stretch herself because she doesn't even understand in what way she needs to stretch herself.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

Pinwiz11 posted:

(Oh yeah. Storylines.)

Because snatch game. This is like the 3rd week he should've lipsynced but you can't have a professional impersonator on his caliber not make it to snatch game.
He would've gone home on every single one of those too.

ETA:

source

CHiRAL fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Mar 29, 2016

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

Mouse Dresser posted:

Though I do believe acrobatics is the new "ripping your wig and dress off."

I totally agree, I think by the end of this season it's going to be a no-no unless it really fits the song.

PostsYouCanDanceTo posted:

You got to my post before I could edit it, so I will agree with you and add that in the post-runway workroom chat at the start of the episode, Derrick interprets "soul" as twerking and melisma. Her take on soul is so superficial and misguided, that tells me she won't stretch herself because she doesn't even understand in what way she needs to stretch herself.

YES, I almost forgot about that, but you're totally right. I'm kind of tired of Acid Betty eye rolls, but I was totally with her in that scene. It was a really obnoxious showing from Derrick and I don't think anyone was having it.

Mr. Owl
Jan 24, 2008
Watching the preview for the next episode, is Derrick really going to attempt Shocantelle Brown? Seems like a great way to shoot himself in the foot.

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe
I never thought Bob would get irritated that easily. Refreshing to see that Bob can bring a great look. "How's your head?"

Betty was real meh. I didn't like her shoes. Kind-of faded for me.

Thorgy was great. I really hope she wins another challenge soon! Loved how chatty she was with the opposing team. Such a doll.

Chi Chi BROUGHT THE HOUSE DOWN VERSACE BOOTS. You look over at Naysha doing flips, and Chi Chi is doing it with form, and finesse. So glad she pulled it out, and showed them she wanted to stay.

Poor Derrick. Please put everything you have into next week. I'm afraid you're going Bye Bye Bye.

Naysha is gone :woop:

As for the winning team: Kim Chi's abstract look was absolutely amaze-balls, and I am very surprised no one gave her props for it. drat that was so well executed! I also liked that Kim Chi showed some character in the Maxi challenge, and got into it with the other girls.

Robbie came up for me a few notches. Make sure everything works before you go out on that stage.

Naomi was also good. I felt like this episode made her look like she could stay a few more episodes.

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

I'm pretty sure Chris Stein's line about the shoes was the best guest-judge comment ever.

Also, Bob and Thorgy at each other's throats feels like watching my parents fight. :ohdear: It is obviously enhanced by the editing in an attempt to create a "rivalry" storyline BUT STILL.

seizure later
Apr 18, 2007
I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't get why Thorgy is popular because all I see is white boy dreads on a Jinkx Monsoon

tudabee
Jan 1, 2007

How many times must I remind you to WASH YOUR HANDS?

Betty was super sweet in Untucked this time. Maybe she realized she came in too hot last week or she couldn't keep up the act after ChiChi's moment. She clearly thought she was at risk of lip syncing, too, so kudos for helping out anyway. Her reaction to Thorgy learning the lip sync was pretty funny, too.

Also omigawd Naysha at the end of Untucked. :3: It's only episode 4 and I don't want anyone else to go home, this is going to be painful.

If this had the "bloop!" it would be perfect.

cauliflower_lemon
Jan 30, 2007
After last week's Untucked, I feel like it can't possibly be a coincidence that Derrick was wearing a Trixie shirt this week...

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
Derrick is just so dull in comparison to everyone else. When you're up against personalities like Bob and Thorgy, or looks like Acid and Kim Chi, you can't just be the pretty queen who is meh. That does not fly this season.

Thorgy's :keke: face is still the fuckin best.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
That untucked though :qq:

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Tendai posted:

Derrick is just so dull in comparison to everyone else. When you're up against personalities like Bob and Thorgy, or looks like Acid and Kim Chi, you can't just be the pretty queen who is meh. That does not fly this season

I also feel this way about Naomi. I'm still waiting for her to give a memorable performance or runway look other than "bra + panties + scarf/shawl/skirt."

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

Pellisworth posted:

I also feel this way about Naomi. I'm still waiting for her to give a memorable performance or runway look other than "bra + panties + scarf/shawl/skirt."

Unless Naomi turns it out for Snatch Game, she's not long for this competition.

I thought that Naysha writing the note and leaving the outfits for Chi Chi was one of the sweetest things that I've ever seen on Untucked. This whole season, Untucked is showing that the manufactured drama and bitchiness of the show is simply that: manufactured.

Zombie Squared
Feb 16, 2007

I thought the Kim Chi and Acid Betty looks this week would not have looked out of place on a Face/off episode, but I loved both of them.

Echo Video
Jan 17, 2004

acid betty looked like a goddamn murlok

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe

Echo Video posted:

acid betty looked like a goddamn murlok

Fantastisk
May 19, 2011

After a long night of hooking, trade didn't like the session, so he had gutted me and set me on fire, but, you know, I didn't die. I had crystallized, and now I'm a glamazon bitch ready for the runway.

cauliflower_lemon posted:

After last week's Untucked, I feel like it can't possibly be a coincidence that Derrick was wearing a Trixie shirt this week...

So was Kim :kimchi:

That Untucked was great. They're really showcasing the sisterhood between them and I love it.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I have the biggest crush ever on Naysha's penmanship :3:

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Zombie Squared posted:

I thought the Kim Chi and Acid Betty looks this week would not have looked out of place on a Face/off episode, but I loved both of them.

I know! If this had been a runway focused challenged, they for sure would have been in the top two. I don't think we've ever seen makeup like theirs on the show before.

Also, Chichi just absolutely slayed on that runway. She has that same messy charisma that Adore has. There is raw talent, and if she had the resources and the confidence, she could go far.

I loved that Naysha left Chichi some outfits.

And Naysha also has such gorgeous handwriting. Mine is like chicken scratches.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

The lack of the judges never calling Naomi out on relying solely on her legs has infuriated my wife and I every week when watching. It's just HEY I HAVE LONG LEGS every single time combined with--as someone noted--"bra + panties + X" outfits.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Cael posted:

The lack of the judges never calling Naomi out on relying solely on her legs has infuriated my wife and I every week when watching. It's just HEY I HAVE LONG LEGS every single time combined with--as someone noted--"bra + panties + X" outfits.

I'm guessing this has to do with editing. They'll step up her criticism as it gets closer to her elimination. She's been safe every week, right?

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer

Mouse Dresser posted:

I thought that Naysha writing the note and leaving the outfits for Chi Chi was one of the sweetest things that I've ever seen on Untucked. This whole season, Untucked is showing that the manufactured drama and bitchiness of the show is simply that: manufactured.
I fuckin' love season 8 guys have I mentioned that yet :kimchi: These bitches.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I'm surprised Naomi hasn't gotten a "stop relying on that body" critique yet but she's kind of middle of the road so I assume they're saving her for that.

Aphra Bane
Oct 3, 2013

Aw, Naysha :3:

I have to wonder if it's not just a coincidence that we're seeing such :3: moments on Untucked this season. Granted, this season's queens do seem to gel a lot better, but given that (allegedly) the huge fan backlash against Ginger based on Untucked cost her the crown, it wouldn't surprise me if we're purposely being shown a more positive spin on things this time around. Either way, chill Untucked makes for way better TV.

And holy crap, Thorgy's MJ in that preview. :pray: Please, please let there be no unprepared queens this season. For the love of god.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
loving great episode, though I wish we got to see more of the runway looks. What the hell was Kim Chi wearing? poo poo was bonkers and her reaction during judging was great.

Also that was some good cosplay! Acid Betty really nailed Rikuo from Darkstalkers and Chi Chi's Poison was spot on.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
At this point I have no idea why you would show up to season 8 of RPDR without

1) having basic sewing and garment construction skills
2) a funny, memorable, and well-rehearsed Snatch Game impersonation
3) being able to put on a got drat SHOW of some kind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

I am going to DIE if Bob does Carol Channing. (Spoiler from the Sneak Peek of next episode.)

• Locked thread