Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Ninth spoke up. "Voting out a fellow traveler simply because of his darker skin is not very becoming of us settlers. I thought we were striving to create a new society out in the unspoiled wilderness, not merely perpetuating the barbarism of the South."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

OK, I'm just putting it on the record that I love this flavour.

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

Infinitum posted:

Here's my D1 analysis so far:
- Kashuno - Obviously scum
- imgay - Wow look at this scum

##vote infinitum

This is way too awkward and tryhardy for town.

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

Kashuno posted:

:wow: you're worse at this game than imgay!!!

Hrm. This is somehow an even worse response.

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

Infinitum posted:

Fine you big baby.

##unvote

WELCUM 2 JOKE PHAZ

Yeah, I really don't like this unvote either.

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

The Ninth Layer posted:

Ninth slowly awakened, rubbing the grit from his eyes and cursing the hard wagon floor that had done no favors for his bad back. Rising, he saw that most of his fellow travelers were already up and about, cooking salted beef over a campfire and arguing. Same as it ever was, he thought to himself. He had never traveled with such a combative group before.

As he hopped off the wagon, having finally dressed himself, he could at last make out the argument. It seemed that the homosexual gentleman and the Japanese immigrant were back at it again as they exchanged barbed and heated insults with each other. The pointless back-and-forth was giving Ninth a headache. Wish I had some coffee, he thought to himself, but such a luxury was scarce on the trail.

Ninth wiped at his forehead, already feeling the heat from the morning sun. It would be a hot day, so he decided to head to the nearby stream and freshen up before he got too sweaty and grimy. On the way to the stream, he saw someone by the shore that he recognized and knew well: Wins Threetwosevensixseven. Ninth had always wondered at the origins of the Threetwosevensixseven family; some said they were deposed German nobles fleeing the Kaiser's wrath, while others speculated they came from further east. None of that mattered to Ninth, though; he was just happy to see one of his old neighbors along for a trip. He waved to Wins and said "hey what's up?"

##vote wins32767

Ninth! I can't wait to get into a several day long argument with you where we both end up pissed off!

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

wins32767 posted:

##vote infinitum

This is way too awkward and tryhardy for town.

I could see this. What's your opinion on kashuno

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

Definitely feeling Infinitum more than Kash, but at this point I'd vote either. Tone/gut arguments against both really.

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

MG3 posted:

I could see this. What's your opinion on kashuno
Ha! I didn't even see your post but it's a perfect reply. I'm back in the saddle baby.

Also, why are you scum mags?

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

wins32767 posted:

Ha! I didn't even see your post but it's a perfect reply. I'm back in the saddle baby.

Also, why are you scum mags?

I'm not, I'm curious about your opinion of kash actually

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Hey kash post "I am scum" in this thread

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

MG3 posted:

Hey kash post "I am scum" in this thread

Last time I did that as town even claiming my role didn't save me

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Kashuno posted:

Last time I did that as town even claiming my role didn't save me

You failed the synx gambit. You are confirmed scum

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Rarity posted:

I think that flavour is too funny to be true.

Having known the mod irl for many years, I can say for sure he would use that as flavor

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

MG3 posted:

You failed the synx gambit. You are confirmed scum

Idk what that is so whatever! Do some actual scum hunting, even if it's fake

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Kashuno posted:

Idk what that is so whatever! Do some actual scum hunting, even if it's fake

Who should I look at?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Well right now I'm looking at infinitum and you :v: so idk start there

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Tactical Sexpionage Tourism
MG3 ... waht does the "MG" stabd for...

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Venom Soag posted:

MG3 ... waht does the "MG" stabd for...

Magnus gallant

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
metal gear

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

v good

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Major grifter

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

The Ninth Layer posted:

Ninth spoke up. "Voting out a fellow traveler simply because of his darker skin is not very becoming of us settlers. I thought we were striving to create a new society out in the unspoiled wilderness, not merely perpetuating the barbarism of the South."

TNL your posting style has been a lot of fun to read. Where did you get the unscrupulous businessmen thing for scum flavor? I didn't get any explicit flavor stuff about it and on reread of the OP it seemed like a little bit of a jump from the given flavor to your post.

One thing I noticed so far that has stood out: BK seems really engaged this game, and he's been making interesting points wrt imgay (even if I don't agree) which makes me think he's town. It feels a lot different than the last game I played with him, where he felt less immediately involved and active in thread, and was scum. (That was Generic Mafia, for those keeping score at home - a game from late last month).

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Flying Leatherman posted:

TNL your posting style has been a lot of fun to read. Where did you get the unscrupulous businessmen thing for scum flavor? I didn't get any explicit flavor stuff about it and on reread of the OP it seemed like a little bit of a jump from the given flavor to your post.

oh poo poo

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

One thing I noticed so far that has stood out: BK seems really engaged this game, and he's been making interesting points wrt imgay (even if I don't agree) which makes me think he's town. It feels a lot different than the last game I played with him, where he felt less immediately involved and active in thread, and was scum. (That was Generic Mafia, for those keeping score at home - a game from late last month).

##vote Leatherman

Things that I'm usually suspicious of in the early game:

(a) town reads
(b) politeness
(c) taking jokeposts or insignificant details too seriously

And I feel like Leatherman is doing all three here.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Murmur Twin posted:

(b) politeness

well gently caress you too then

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Kashuno posted:

well gently caress you too then

Kash is town!

While politeness is a wonderful thing I feel like it's sometimes how people channel self-consciousness associated with being scum.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
I'm willing to have us test imgays dumb claim. Idk how but apparently all you guys approach the claim differently from me. ##unvote

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Murmur Twin posted:

Kash is town!

While politeness is a wonderful thing I feel like it's sometimes how people channel self-consciousness associated with being scum.

What about kash's failure of the synx gambit

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Ninth shrugged. "Who else would profit from ruining this daring expedition? No one besides profiteers, I would think."

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Murmur Twin posted:

##vote Leatherman

(a) town reads
(b) politeness

You don't believe the Miller claim?

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
An addendum to the rules.

I know before I said after death funny tombstone posts were a suggestion. It is now a rule. Failure to post a funny tombstone will result in me losing all respect for you.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Murmur Twin posted:

##vote Leatherman

(a) town reads
(b) politeness

Lol I have been accused of excessive politeness in close to 100% of the games of mafia that I have played on the something awful forums, thank you for keeping my ratio high there.

As for insignificant details/joke posts, I disagree; while TNL's posting is certainly flavorful, it's not necessarily jokephasey, and the flavor stuff stuck out to me as being significantly more specific than anything that I could see in the flavor stuff I have so far.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I think MMT is definitely stretching

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

When you have a Hammer, everything looks like a nail.

Kashuno posted:

:agreed:

"I'm going to mention some things that make it look like I've read FL's posts!"

*neglects to mention miller claim*

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Kashuno posted:

Are you implying that my first case of the game isn't a slam-dunk? Wow dude.

Barehanded Brother posted:

:agreed:

"I'm going to mention some things that make it look like I've read FL's posts!"

*neglects to mention miller claim*

It doesn't have anything to do with my read on FL - obviously the implication is that I'm accusing him of being scum fakeclaiming miller. It doesn't detract from my point that I see things that I perceive as scumtells in that specific post I quoted.

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

MG3 posted:

What about kash's failure of the synx gambit

this stinks of lazr scum tumnelin

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Venom Soag posted:

this stinks of lazr scum tumnelin

I missed your misspellings so much soag p(^_^)q

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
its been awhile

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to lynch. Deadline is 03/31/2016 @ 12:00 PM Mountain Time. (3 pm Eastern standard).
Barehanded Brother Votes for Rarity
Birdstrike Votes for Kashuno
BottleKnight Voted for Imgay but took it back
Flying Leatherman Hasn't voted for anyone.
Iajanus Hasn't voted for anyone.
Imgay Is gay, and also voted for Kashuno
Infinitum
Jedit Voted for No one
Kashuno Votes for Infinitum
MG3 Votes for Kashuno
Murmur Twin Votes for Flying Leatherman
Rarity votes for Flying Leatherman
The Ninth Layer Votes for wins32767
Venom Soag Hasn't voted for anyone, not because they can, but because it is the future the world needs. DD for life.
Wins32767 Votes for Infinitum

Kashuno-3
Flying Leatherman-2
Rarity-1
Infinitum-2
Wins32767-1

Oh, god please fix vote finder.

JimsonTheBetrayer fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Mar 30, 2016

• Locked thread