Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

soggybagel posted:

Pretty sure Fox's contract is pretty much free reign on NHL stuff. It's why fox sports still publishes NHL highlights to its website. Plus as of a couple months ago when we had a highlight show NHL was the only one without any airing restrictions. We could do partials, in game updates, the whole thing. I agree with you completely given time restrictions and rights things if they're there. However I was under impression fox had pretty much all access.

Fox has pretty much every regional NHL contract that NBC does not have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

AsInHowe posted:

Fox has pretty much every regional NHL contract that NBC does not have.

To be clear I'm not speaking on affiliates whether they are Comcast/NBC or FS-xxx but broadcasting rights when it comes to rules on highlights and things. Which are there but somewhat different. I think.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
The Big Ten Conference is shopping around TV rights staring in the 2017-18 season right now. The question is, with budget cuts at ESPN and Fox Sports, will the rights be split (as expected) or will one side overpay?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Big Ten football (or at least Michigan and especially OSU football) is one of the things still worth throwing a lot of money at, and Fox spent the whole first week obsessing over Harbaugh (khaki cam lol) and trying to show off for the Big Ten. I imagine the conference is gonna get a whole shitload of money. Hopefully ESPN outbids them though because Fox is loving garbage at covering games (and, uh, everything)

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/si_nba/status/712383033618403329

:smith:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
gently caress cancer :cry:

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Ah christ

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
This news is trash and I hate it

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
God damnit, we just got him back :smith:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psUA7aGBQio
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBURUerQAxs

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
CANCER loving SUCKS GOD DAMMIT.

CANCER AND TERRORISM AND AGGGHH.

Craig, no. :smith:

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Anyone watching the TNT pregame? I imagine it's pretty somber

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.

Henchman of Santa posted:

Anyone watching the TNT pregame? I imagine it's pretty somber

Can't believe they featured Sager in Shaqtin the Fool.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Godfuckingdammit.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
Curt Schilling is impossible to fire for some reason.

To clarify, this is the guy who denies evolution, compared muslims to nazi's, and recently in a recent radio interview said "I hope she does. If I'm going to believe, and I don't have any reason not to believe, that she gave classified information on hundreds if not thousands of emails on a public server after what happened to General Petraeus, she should buried under a jail somewhere," which is in direct contradiction of their employee mandate about not commenting about the election.

But he's back so I'm looking forward to more funny dumb poo poo.

soggybagel fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Mar 24, 2016

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

soggybagel posted:

Curt Schilling is impossible to fire for some reason.
Kiss the rings.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Schilling won't go away because if ESPN fires him, he'll just take a cushy salary at Fox News (or FS1, if they still have enough money to hire another gimmick blowhard who never draws ratings).

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

The first time this happened it was somehow Keith Law who got suspended. ESPN is not going to get rid of him.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
Why does the NFL keep doing Hard Knocks if everyone hates it? There's a report now that the Rams drafted Michael Sam in exchange for not being the featured team.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

ElwoodCuse posted:

Why does the NFL keep doing Hard Knocks if everyone hates it? There's a report now that the Rams drafted Michael Sam in exchange for not being the featured team.

Presumably it makes them money.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
That Jets one was the best.

Rex Ryan being a (charismatic) piece of poo poo.

Mark Sanchez not being able to throw the ball.

Top stuff, imo.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Being on Hard Knocks should be punishment for being the worst team in the league the previous year. Entertaining poo poo is bound to happen on really bad teams.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

soggybagel posted:

The other thing that is insane to me is that they have never leveraged the fact that they're in LA. Thousands of hungry talented young people who are smart and funny out here. Go hot take central but make it a youth movement. You can get a ton of inexpensive highly creative people who can do it all. I.E. Edit produce write and appear in front of camera.

I think they could've done something cool with that, especially since ESPN always namedrops that they are in LA, but it doesn't really feel like a very LA show.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

ElwoodCuse posted:

The teams might hate it, but the league loves it.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.

Rick posted:

I think they could've done something cool with that, especially since ESPN always namedrops that they are in LA, but it doesn't really feel like a very LA show.

Yeah, the most LA thing about ESPN's broadcasts from here is that they show palm trees in the intro.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Rick posted:

Only the late night Sportscenter is from LA. Everything else is back in Connecticut.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Josh Lyman posted:

Only the late night Sportscenter is from LA. Everything else is back in Connecticut.

They do NBA Countdown from LA as well, since they always play up that they're across the street from Staples Center.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/JensenClan88/status/714513603928297472?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

15% of proceeds going to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society

Someone's chopping onions nearby :unsmith:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Jim Nantz. Still the whitest motherfucker around

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I'm not the least bit surprised that he's very OCD about his toast

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
If he's that insane about toast I'm genuinely curious how he hasn't murdered Phil Simms on air yet.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Spoeank posted:

If he's that insane about toast I'm genuinely curious how he hasn't murdered Phil Simms on air yet.

Phil Simms is the burnt toast of human beings.

BasicFunk
Feb 26, 2011

How's your Funkentelechy?

Spoeank posted:

Going by the sound of his voice, Xanax.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
A quick, and possibly obscure question in multiple parts: I'm going to be in Detroit for a week in June to watch the Tigers, but they're out of town for the last half of my trip. This just happens to coincide with England playing a cricket match. I'd like to watch a bit of the cricket while I'm out there, but as best I can tell, the England rights are shared between WatchESPN and something called ONE World Sports. How difficult is it going to be to access these on my laptop in my hotel then? Do I need to subscribe to ESPN to watch?

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Can we talk about how much of a tool Colin Cowherd is?

https://twitter.com/TheHerd/status/717034429764374530

If you can't enjoy ladder matches, hell in a cell matches and people taking folding chairs to the spine? I pity your life.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

A quick, and possibly obscure question in multiple parts: I'm going to be in Detroit for a week in June to watch the Tigers, but they're out of town for the last half of my trip. This just happens to coincide with England playing a cricket match. I'd like to watch a bit of the cricket while I'm out there, but as best I can tell, the England rights are shared between WatchESPN and something called ONE World Sports. How difficult is it going to be to access these on my laptop in my hotel then? Do I need to subscribe to ESPN to watch?

Most likely. If you have a friend with a log-in you may be able to use theirs.

FuzzySkinner posted:

Can we talk about how much of a tool Colin Cowherd is?

https://twitter.com/TheHerd/status/717034429764374530

If you can't enjoy ladder matches, hell in a cell matches and people taking folding chairs to the spine? I pity your life.

lol gently caress off cowherd

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 16 days!)

Real things like watching 18 guys stand around in a park and throw a ball at each other.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
See, there's a difference between a good troll like that one, since it gets wrestling fans all in a huff and that's fine, versus when he goes on his weird John Wall/race poo poo where you don't see exactly how he's going to stick the landing and why is this the hill of all hills to die on.

Hardbody Jones
Dec 14, 2002

In a vacuum, that's a pretty fuckin good burn/troll/whatever

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
On the List Of Dumb Things Colin Cowherd Has Said I'm not sure "pro wrestling is kind of silly" is the one to highlight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

MourningView posted:

On the List Of Dumb Things Colin Cowherd Has Said I'm not sure "pro wrestling is kind of silly" is the one to highlight

Is it silly? Yeah. But I think everyone involved knows that.

Everyone I pretty much talk to is very much in on the joke, but enjoy it because it is indeed entertainment at the end of the day.

I don't know, he just comes across as a guy who rarely enjoys anything. He cites comic books and video games in the same thing. Like...okay? There's nothing wrong with geeking out over various poo poo as long as it makes you happy at the end of the day.