Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Biggest candidate for first round exit?
This poll is closed.
Kentucky 3 3.80%
Duke 16 20.25%
Gonzaga, it's always Gonzaga 11 13.92%
Iowa 24 30.38%
Indiana 12 15.19%
Wofford, you loving idiot 13 16.46%
Total: 79 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

So in real NBA declaration news: Wayne Selden is hiring an agent.

I'm going to miss him and think this is the right move however I have doubts he'll play in the NBA long.

I do think, however, that he's a Euro superstar waiting to happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Hello Towel posted:

It's awesome that the CBI does Best of 3.

It would be cool as hell if Valpo can win the NIT; they've won their games so far by pretty big margins.

Come to Indiana, Ricky. Tom Crean can use the same voodoo he used on Bielfeldt to make you into a competent player.

Twitter says Albrecht wasn't released to go anywhere else in the Big Ten. He's from Indiana originally.

Is he good? He can come to Butler.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Hello Towel posted:

It would be cool as hell if Valpo can win the NIT; they've won their games so far by pretty big margins.

No gently caress that

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Hello Towel posted:

Come to Indiana, Ricky. Tom Crean can use the same voodoo he used on Bielfeldt to make you into a competent player.

Twitter says Albrecht wasn't released to go anywhere else in the Big Ten. He's from Indiana originally.

Bielfeldt was our best post guy two years ago, he just didn't fit the system well.

That system being no presence down low at all and he had a little.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

SeannieDarko posted:

Is he good? He can come to Butler.

Doyle is not good, he has stone for hands.

I wouldn't be surprised if Albrecht ends up at Butler though.

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

Valpo survives a late BYU run to advance to the NIT final.

Regnevelc posted:

He is from Crown Point, and I know a bunch of rich NWI kids who love going to Butler (because it makes them feel inexplicably superior to those who go to IU/Purdue).

Hello Towel fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Mar 30, 2016

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

It doesn't look like a really small school like Valpo has ever won the NIT. Dayton and Wichita State did recently, but I consider them a level above the Horizon League. Death to the winner of GW/SDSU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Regnevelc posted:

Bielfeldt was our best post guy two years ago, he just didn't fit the system well.

That system being no presence down low at all and he had a little.

Worked for Mitch McGary

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

N: Indiana just made a scholarship offer to Freddie McSwain, a JUCO forward from Neosho County Community College in Kansas.

V: Tim Priller might have a friend at the end of the bench now.

I think the last time IU had a JUCO transfer was Tijan Jobe.

Hello Towel fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Mar 30, 2016

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Henchman of Santa posted:

Worked for Mitch McGary

He has real good handles and vision for a big fellow. Does this other guy have that

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Hello Towel posted:

Bielfeldt was definitely better than Doyle. Doyle is basically a 'rebound and dunk' guy who struggles holding onto the ball well enough to dunk. No mid range game at all

Metapod posted:

He has real good handles and vision for a big fellow. Does this other guy have that

god no

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Aaron White was first team all conference despite scoring exclusively via dunks and free throws so there's still hope

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Worked for Mitch McGary

You must have not watched either of those two players then.

Mitch once he put it together was a double double machine in the tourney.. too bad he got hurt. Then smoked pot.

He would have been great down there.

Smashlampjaw
Aug 16, 2008

Regnevelc posted:

Doyle is not good, he has stone for hands.

I thought Spike messed up his leg for good and cant play Bball no more.

OctoberBlues posted:

It doesn't look like a really small school like Valpo has ever won the NIT. Dayton and Wichita State did recently, but I consider them a level above the Horizon League. Death to the winner of GW/SDSU

Yes, go Valpo.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

George Washington vs Valparaiso for the NIT title, a cool matchup between two cool teams.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
:smith:

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Regnevelc posted:

You must have not watched either of those two players then.

Mitch once he put it together was a double double machine in the tourney.. too bad he got hurt. Then smoked pot.

He would have been great down there.

That's what I'm saying though? You said Bielfeldt didn't fit because he had post presence, but McGary thrived in that system.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
Grant Weatherford is transferring from Purdue. He was a red-shirt freshman this year, 2 or 3 star recruit coming in. He'll be a good perimeter defender for some mid-major in after he sits out next year.

I'm worried about Kendall Stephens transferring, he barely played after taking time off from the team to deal with his best friend dying from an OD.

In other Purdue news, here's what it looks like when a 7 footer crushes a drive:

https://twitter.com/JakeAmos44/status/714922580780716032

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Travis Ford just got hired by SLU, which is interesting.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Herb Sendek caught on at Santa Clara—could actually be a decent place for him to settle. They were one of the youngest teams in the country this year, so an immediate bounce is possible while he gets his own players in.

I mean, as long as Few is at Gonzaga, and Bennett is at St. Mary's, and BYU is in the conference, 4th place is about as high as anyone else in the WCC can shoot for, but that would probably do.

edit: just noted that Julius Hodge will be one of Herb's assistants, move gets even better.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

elentar posted:

Herb Sendek caught on at Santa Clara—could actually be a decent place for him to settle. They were one of the youngest teams in the country this year, so an immediate bounce is possible while he gets his own players in.

I mean, as long as Few is at Gonzaga, and Bennett is at St. Mary's, and BYU is in the conference, 4th place is about as high as anyone else in the WCC can shoot for, but that would probably do.

edit: just noted that Julius Hodge will be one of Herb's assistants, move gets even better.

He just needs to find the next Steve Nash and he'll be just fine!

Wow, the current WCC has produced some impossibly white NBA players

Stockton, Nash, Morrison, Dellavedova, Olynyk, Fredette...

At least Gonzaga can claim Robert Sacre

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

MechaFrogzilla posted:

How soon we forget about Dan Dickau

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

MechaFrogzilla posted:

And St. Mary's can claim indigenous Australian Patty Mills.

tehchekt
May 7, 2007
something cool and profound
Columbia Lions Collegeinsider.com Tournament Champions!!!! Feels good to be alive!!!!!!!! Woooooo!!!!!!!!

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Brannen Greene, KU's sharp shooter and dull brainer is declaring for the draft and hiring an agent.

There are whispers he got in trouble again in Louisville and had no choice. He will not get drafted but some team will sign him to hit threes I'm guessing.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Brannen Greene, NBA prospect, ahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahah

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
I guess if the other option is getting kicked off the team or losing your eligibility, then going pro is the right choice.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

That's what I'm saying though? You said Bielfeldt didn't fit because he had post presence, but McGary thrived in that system.

I was making a joke. I was saying if they had a presence they didn't fit. McGary was a freak during the NCAA tourney, but if you remember he didn't start until (i think) the tourney and that was because Morgan had a high ankle sprain.

McGary did better in the system than he probably should have, which is a testament to McGary more than anything. He crashed the boards and the majority of his points was a 15 foot jumper or a layup/dunk off of a rebound or Burke assist as he drove the paint.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Smashlampjaw posted:

I thought Spike messed up his leg for good and cant play Bball no more.

he had double hip surgery last off-season. He thinks he can continue, Michigan isn't willing to take the risk with him. They've reached out to a Ivy League Grad Transfer that hits 44% from 3 and plays good D.

Michigan fans are melting down. I mean, I liked Spike, but I'm not going to give up a scholarship for him if there are less risky options.

E: I think there is another departure coming for Michigan. There have been rumblings of Aubrey Dawkins going to play for his dad at UCF, which would free up the scholarship for a Grad-Transfer.

Regnevelc fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Mar 31, 2016

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Regnevelc posted:

E: I think there is another departure coming for Michigan. There have been rumblings of Aubrey Dawkins going to play for his dad at UCF, which would free up the scholarship for a Grad-Transfer.

lol what kind of scrub school has players transfer out?

I remember being terrified that McGary was going to wreck OSU for 4 years since he didn't have a pro body, thank goodness for injuries!

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Eltoasto posted:

Lots of them? I mean KU loses transfers all the time and are still, annoyingly, KU.

Unless I'm missing the joke here.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Grittybeard posted:

Lots of them? I mean KU loses transfers all the time and are still, annoyingly, KU.

Unless I'm missing the joke here.

I'm an OSU fan :negative:

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Speaking of transfers, Javon Bess and Marvin Clark are leaving East Lansing. Not shocking, as their minimal play time would shrink even more with the freshmen coming in.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Eltoasto posted:

I remember being terrified that McGary was going to wreck OSU for 4 years since he didn't have a pro body, thank goodness for injuries!

Thank goodness for the NCAA shutting down THE DEMON WEED

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Brandon Hutton, a freshman who didn't play but seemed kinda promising defensively, was granted a release by Iowa which finally frees up a scholarship for poor Nic Bear

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I feel like every time a player decides to leave a program there are inherent temptations to be like bye felicia and throw them under the bus.

That said, now that Greene is leaving the rumors and stories are practically growing from the trees. None of them are verified but for the sake of hilarity I will spoil them to reinforce the idea that these are nothing but rumors and internet stories from god knows who.

Brannen Greene doesn't have a hurt back, that was a fake story to protect his NBA potential. The truth is Greene was caught smoking weed in the Louisville hotel room by hotel staff. Also Brannen Greene apparently steals from people, the stories ranging from girlfriends to furniture. Nobody on the team likes him or trusts him as he has an Eddie Haskell thing going on where he's super polite and then turns around and stabs everyone in the back and alienates all his teammates. Apparently Greene had to get temporary housing from the school for a period of time because the housing for athletes told him he was "no longer welcome" so he had to live with regular students who worked for the university. And he stole from them, too. Specifically, hilariously, he stole a dresser with that person's clothes still in it.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

So our AD confirmed reports this morning that the NCAA invited us to the tournament, only to rescind it. This is the most Gamecock thing that has ever happened and has succeeded in making me feel even worse about how the season ended.

RumbleFish fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Mar 31, 2016

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

RumbleFish posted:

So our AD confirmed reports this morning that the NCAA invited us to the tournament, then rescinded it. This is the most Gamecock thing that has ever happened and has succeeded in making me feel even worse about how the season ended.

What the gently caress?

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

OctoberBlues posted:

What the gently caress?

I have absolutely no idea. I didn't believe the rumors when they first started circulating because it sounded so ridiculous, but it appears there's some kernel of truth to them. :laffo: if it somehow wasn't the NCAA and we got prank-called.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

kiimo posted:

Silly stories

What the gently caress do you even do with a stolen dresser?

• Locked thread