Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Eonwe posted:

Good morning commandos

Good morning. Who did you anger so much that they would destroy such a masterpiece as your probated avatar? What sort of animal would do this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Lol, another av bought for me I guess

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

ZenMaster posted:

Ryan Archer has stolen so much artwork even the Nazis are like "Whoa bro, maybe you should slow down a little"

:vince:

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

ZenMaster posted:

Ryan Archer has stolen so much artwork even the Nazis are like "Whoa bro, maybe you should slow down a little"

:laffo: :godwin:

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Eonwe posted:

Did you get it for posting lol at a very very angry manchild?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Eonwe posted:

:eonwe: you are hard to recognize now

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Chalks posted:

Good morning. Who did you anger so much that they would destroy such a masterpiece as your probated avatar? What sort of animal would do this?

There are a few very mentally ill people that played in GOKU and/or hung out in the old Mumble,and they like to spend money on me

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Eonwe posted:

There are some very mentally ill people that played in GOKU and/or hung out in the old Mumble,and they like to spend money on me

I hate when I'm acutally probated

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Anecdote on the “yes I did” line of defence against copyright claims.

I once uploaded a CCP video from the fanfest presentation they made on the topic of lighting and design in their “Walking in stations” project. CCP used to host this video, but it had been lost in a website reshuffle and they never could/bothered to make it available again. There is a 10-minute stretch of this presentation that is nothing but clips from Blade Runner and Alien, because the team had used Ridley Scott as a major influence in the kind of look they wanted to be able to produce with the engine.

Immediately on uploading this video, I get slapped with two Content ID notices — one from Fox and one from whoever owns Blade Runner these days (Warner?) — since it quite correctly noted that there was a lot of film footage in there. No notice from CCP, though, even though it's their video. :D

So what to write in the comment box to avoid having the video removed and the account dinged for copyright violation? “This video contains footage from [list of movies], used in the context of a CCP presentation on the topic of lighting design to convey a mood. The usage is one of illustration for educational purposes; attribution is included in the speech.” Five minutes later, both notices have been reviewed and the video is cleared to be made public. Simples.

Milky Moor posted:

why the heck couldn't that star citizen plagiarism webcomic "artist" copy oglaf

Because it's made by somewhat competent artists and thus contains far too complex details to let the magic wand tool do its magic.

GabrielMobius
Mar 22, 2016

everything is fine

Eonwe posted:

There are a few very mentally ill people that played in GOKU and/or hung out in the old Mumble,and they like to spend money on me

Apparently a lot of money! That is at least three pizzas, which is tragic.

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

Eonwe posted:

LMAO! I don't know wth you do around here, but you have a way to piss off people lol.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Ryan Archer stole so much art, the Tate Modern's insurance premium went up.

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

GabrielMobius posted:

Apparently a lot of money! That is at least three pizzas, which is tragic.

to these posters that amount of money is disposable they make terrific amounts of money in real estate

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Eonwe posted:

Awww…
Well, it's safely stored away now. Kind of.

Xaerael posted:

Ryan Archer stole so much art, the Tate Modern's insurance premium went up.

:neckbeard:

Tippis fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Mar 30, 2016

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

That Lesnick looks really LICD-ish

gently caress that's the comic I was thinking of.

I couldn't remember the name of it for the life of me, but yeah a bunch of those characters look straight ripped from Least I Could Do

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Ragequit posted:

The kid analogy is also apt in the sense that he has cried foul and taken his ball home a handful of times in this thread, only to shortly return after a few days because he is the insufferable kid no one else will play with.

I haven't thought of this game in months and apparently missed tens of thousands of posts. Oh God. There is no catching up now.

quit you day job like the rest of us

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

quit you day job like the rest of us

To understand the Citizen, you must become the Citizen...

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

D_Smart posted:

After the collapse.

Smart, when the scam fell

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Did you know I went to college, Sandi?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Phi230 posted:

Seraph, his butthole wide.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
The thing that bothers me most about ole Ryan isn't that he stole art, it's that he did it with such a heroic lack of effort that he's found out by a loving reverse image search

He's a less original and ambitious BU

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

What bothers me is that he did it for EVERYTHING.

I mean I know there's no real reason to think someone who stole something once wouldn't do it again, but it'd be so much less terrible if it was like a weird one-time fuckup kind of thing, where he needed to get this Star Traders poo poo done in a hurry or something.

Lifting loving webcomics to make twitter posts? God drat. If your whole job is doing Jump Point art at least loving TRY to, you know, actually do some of it.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Sunswipe posted:

Did you know I went to college, Sandi?

"If i'm going to have a past i'd prefer it to be multiple choice, HAHAHAHAHAAhahaha!!!" sandi gardiner the joker Ryan tracer archer

Brazilianpeanutwar fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Mar 30, 2016

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/4cjvzo/core_3cpu2_always_maxed_out_tried_out_the/

That got me remembering I have a Core 2 Quad 9550 lying around at home

Apparently people still pay money for those things, lol

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

AP posted:

SQ42 spoilers.

Holy poo poo, it's the nightclub Sandi managed as a teenager!

I was going to not make this joke because I thought this was obviously a low rent space diner because what loving dance club has dining booths and cargo crates in the middle of the floor? But then it says dance club after all. :psyduck:

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

"If i'm going to have a past i'd prefer it to be multiple choice, HAHAHAHAHAAhahaha!!!" sandi gardiner the joker Ryan tracer archer

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Beet Wagon posted:

I mean I know there's no real reason to think someone who stole something once wouldn't do it again, but it'd be so much less terrible if it was like a weird one-time fuckup kind of thing, where he needed to get this Star Traders poo poo done in a hurry or something.

Lifting loving webcomics to make twitter posts? God drat. If your whole job is doing Jump Point art at least loving TRY to, you know, actually do some of it.

Maybe he's one of our undercovers, setting CIG up for a copyright open-and-shut

Derek you bought the rights for that Stealth movie yet?

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Beet Wagon posted:

What gets me is, unless he has a really private personal office space, or works from home, SURELY people at CIG saw what he was doing, and are therefore complicit.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

SneakyFrog posted:

Lesnick, his necks jiggle

Kavros
May 18, 2011

sleep sleep sleep
fly fly post post
sleep sleep sleep

That got me remembering I have a Core 2 Quad 9550 lying around at home

Apparently people still pay money for those things, lol

Well, let's be fair. Compared to the cost of the ship jpeg, they're a negligible expense.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

In the Killing joke the joker was originally an unfunny untalented comedian https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xw3UCoOJ6dI , who got involved with mobsters (Swedish mafia)
it all makes sense now....

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Kavros posted:

Well, let's be fair. Compared to the cost of the ship jpeg, they're a negligible expense.

I'll use this next time I'll need to justify an expense to myself

I'll probably end up broke

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

SneakyFrog posted:

quote:

MoMA, his belts unfurled.

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

E:\FILES>quickfli clown.fli

D_Smart posted:

It's fake.

Yowzers if that's the case, even in 2002 it would be quite a task to buy a forged parchment.

To her credit she did enough research for it to look plausible, knowing what colours to wear.

She really can't be that desperate to rock up in full garb for a photoshoot of a fake...unless that's actually a modeling photo for an ad.

Other possibility is that it's not a degree but something else. It's clear she has flunked out at some point.

Can you clarify just what the hell is going on? :v

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

In the Killing joke the joker was originally an unfunny untalented comedian https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xw3UCoOJ6dI , who got involved with mobsters (Swedish mafia)
it all makes sense now....

It seems there are parallels to Star Citizen in everything. It really is the ur-story. Everything is derivative of Chris Roberts.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Maybe he's one of our undercovers, setting CIG up for a copyright open-and-shut

Derek you bought the rights for that Stealth movie yet?

:roflolmao:

Xaerael posted:

What gets me is, unless he has a really private personal office space, or works from home, SURELY people at CIG saw what he was doing, and are therefore complicit.

One of the funniest things to come out of that livestream was the number of times different people totally verified that they 110% saw Ryan Archer hand-draw stuff all the time for reals no joke!
Somebody HAS to have seen him and either didn't give a poo poo or didn't know enough about what artists actually do to call him on it.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

eXXon posted:

Holy poo poo, it's the nightclub Sandi managed as a teenager!

I was going to not make this joke because I thought this was obviously a low rent space diner because what loving dance club has dining booths and cargo crates in the middle of the floor? But then it says dance club after all. :psyduck:

It really does warm my heart to think of CIG spending time and resources on stupid poo poo like mocapping dance routines in a space nightclub when their actual game has literally no gameplay what so ever and is buggy as hell.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
I'm a sucker for cheap-as-free Chinese crap, so I've gone ahead and ordered one of these beauties (along with a keyboard and stylus pen):

http://www.gearbest.com/tablet-pcs/pp_325534.html

All I wanted was something with a non-capacitive stylus thingie to read comics and maybe do some art stuff on
You'll be the first to hear my review of it, don't worry

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Eonwe posted:

The gently caress is GOKU other than loud anime?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

NLJP posted:

The gently caress is GOKU other than loud anime

isnt that planetside?

• Locked thread