Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

I love how I can tell how hard it must be to take a picture of her. I have had only one cat that will properly pose for photographs.

e: Oh, poo poo new page

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Mario has just seen the promised land.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Yay sneks! I currently only have one but would like a few more. Sneks are great. This one has helped a lot of people get over their snake fears, because she's friendly and cute as gently caress.

OutOfBandII with snek.

Also have this bug. I think he's cute too.

E:

Scathach has a new favorite as of 03:40 on Mar 30, 2016

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
That's a big beetle. Don't suppose there's cute pics extant of cute rhinoceros/hercules beetles? I'm particularly fond of the Japanese species' fancy horns :3:

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Snakes are cute, post cute snakes

Scaredy snek

Hold the gently caress up, does that thing have like, ten nostrils??

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

Hold the gently caress up, does that thing have like, ten nostrils??

Nope!

Snakes sense heat with them.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

So... Two regular nostrils, 8 heat nostrils. Got it.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

So my back has been hurting something fierce for about a week now, and these painkillers and ambien are taking their sweet rear end time about being useful.....

So lets have a squirrel partty!

special ops squirrel traing: http://i.imgur.com/cNxjaBQ.webm

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

Do you think squirrels would appreciate it if you shelled the nuts for them ahead of time? Or do they like the ones to pick apart the shell the way an autistic person picks apart star trek episode plot holes?
I means, i like the whole cracking the shells systematically and eating the contents as i see fit, but maybe some squirrel has his/her own way of doing things when it comes to his shelled food prep? I'm not gonna tell mr/mrs scquirrel that their hbits are wrong

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

http://i.imgur.com/8tQpj9o.webm
Mama Catte welcomes a babby squirrel ti cime and nurse, ans soon hes lost in a blanket of warmth and milkand new kitty siblings,
Its SOOO cute! Made me tear up.
Anyways,,, my screen looks like billowing sheets with letters being slap stitched to them as the float by. So i'll call it a night and hope to find a bitchin rad squirrel party when i get back,

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

I think having to shell the nuts themselves gives them a game. Enrichment. My mom feeds a few trees full of squirrels, crows, and jays and tey love the shelled nuts and rice and weird stuff.

Request for cute beetle stuff, yay :)

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

Scathach, your moms a giood people for feeding thode squirrel rear end squirrels and assorted aviary.
Let hery know she get the Six of Hearts trans lady thumbs up award for keeping ityio real with some motherfucking squirrels.

You can clmp that award to a fridge for a daily affirmation for helping weee little sorcereor squirrels on their feet and in sqyuirely wizardschool

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

So my back has been hurting something fierce for about a week now, and these painkillers and ambien are taking their sweet rear end time about being useful.....

So lets have a squirrel partty!

special ops squirrel traing: http://i.imgur.com/cNxjaBQ.webm

I have filmed many squirrels

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuJVUc83Af8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTW9hI_eBH0

:ohdear: I'm sorry about this one. It's also in portrait view, and my thumb is there, and also I am talking because I was really excited BECAUSE HE HAS NO TAIL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twGp8xeHasQ

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

Scathach, your moms a giood people for feeding thode squirrel rear end squirrels and assorted aviary.
Let hery know she get the Six of Hearts trans lady thumbs up award for keeping ityio real with some motherfucking squirrels.

You can clmp that award to a fridge for a daily affirmation for helping weee little sorcereor squirrels on their feet and in sqyuirely wizardschool

:3: You on drugs is also cute.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

Haha thanks I will let her know! She has this giant crow thing she calls Gypsy King, if I can get him to sit still while he visits I'll get a pic of him and his family for you :) She pretty much feeds every critter that comes in the yard, and she tolerates my violent biting gecko too which is great. When I was like four I brought her an entire jar of blister beetles when she was in the shower and she didn't even scream. She's a good mom.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

Quick derail:

Caedus
Sep 11, 2007

It's good to have a sense of scale.

cash crab posted:

I love how I can tell how hard it must be to take a picture of her. I have had only one cat that will properly pose for photographs.

Haha nailed it. If I'm filming, I must be paying attention to her so PET ME. I want to get more video but my lighting sucks so hard that smartphone video gives me a black ball on a dark background. Maybe I can trick her into a lightbox and being cute there.

I lost my mom last week and this thread has been doing an A++ job of keeping my spirits up. I don't feel up to any long stories right now but she was a complete animal lover to her core and it really influenced me. My childhood cats were all rescues & adpotions, and both of my adult cats were abandoned in the neighborhood and rescued by my ex and I. She's got Finn and I've got Fiona, and they are both the most loving cats ever. Rescues of any kind are always the best cats :3:

I also approve heartily of this new, squirrel-based tack this thread is taking.

Cat? Squirrel? Catsquirrel? You decide!

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Azhais posted:

Oh no, snek

Oh poo poo I forgot the mnemonic

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

A bit late, but during snake-chat I was trying to remember what the snake was that did that funny thing. (Literally, all I had was a vague recollection of a small snake that did something goofy from the former thread.) Then I remembered!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqjW4VM1xdE

Moose King
Nov 5, 2009

StandardVC10 posted:

Oh poo poo I forgot the mnemonic

Red and yellow, no touch snek

Red and black, touch snek

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Scathach posted:

I think having to shell the nuts themselves gives them a game. Enrichment. My mom feeds a few trees full of squirrels, crows, and jays and tey love the shelled nuts and rice and weird stuff.

owns

edit-
noooooooooooooooooo, it doesnt own
VVVVV

the unabonger has a new favorite as of 07:27 on Mar 30, 2016

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Scathach posted:

Bummer news under the spoiler:

Those photos are most likely staged and the frog may have been glued or tied to the beetle. Someone went into more detail here: http://petapixel.com/2015/03/05/a-frog-riding-a-beetle-is-this-a-real-wildlife-photo-or-a-bunch-of-bs/

As penance:

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Taipei Zoo has a video with otter pups:
水獺寶寶練游技 要想抓魚再等等 Otter Pups Learning to Swim and Catch Fish
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dU0uqO-f8Zk

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

This draft excluder is broken.

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

Squirrels?

This guy would sit outside the window at my old apartment and tease my dog.

But my favourite kind are fart squirrels!

I run in to them all the time while working night shift. They're super chill and never try and spray me, even when I've almost stepped on them by accident.

ShiroTheSniper
Mar 19, 2009

I see dead arrows.
Lipstick Apathy
Where's Butterscotch? :(

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

ShiroTheSniper posted:

He's in his own thread now! :3:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3768887&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post457590938

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

ShiroTheSniper posted:

Butterscotch has his own thread now I think.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

So just to check I'm not being really dumb is this actually a mutant snake, or just a very long lizard? Because its head is kind of ambiguous.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA
Hope I'm not too late for squirrel chat.

Found this little guy on the edge of the sidewalk. He wasn't moving but he was still warm. I picked him up and he snuggled into my hand. Brought him to the spca, they have a specific squirrel rehabilitation facility for baby squirrels. :3:

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

The Zombie Guy posted:

Squirrels?

This guy would sit outside the window at my old apartment and tease my dog.

But my favourite kind are fart squirrels!

I run in to them all the time while working night shift. They're super chill and never try and spray me, even when I've almost stepped on them by accident.

A bunch of years ago i worked with this crazy Vietnam vet. I was driving him home one night on this super busy road, and i slam on the brakes cuz there's something in the road. It was a scared group of maybe 5 or 6 babby skunks trying to get across to their mom. Carl gets out, stops all 4 lanes of traffic with arm motions and a slew of profanity, takes off his coat and uses it to shepherd the gang of babby skunks to their nervous and waiting mom across the highway. :3

cash crab posted:

:3: You on drugs is also cute.

:blush: Thank You.
I'll probably catch another probation for that. Sorry mods.
Though, in my defense: Some people go sleep driving on ambien... So at least i only post about squirrels on the internet.

Caedus posted:

Haha nailed it. If I'm filming, I must be paying attention to her so PET ME. I want to get more video but my lighting sucks so hard that smartphone video gives me a black ball on a dark background. Maybe I can trick her into a lightbox and being cute there.

I lost my mom last week and this thread has been doing an A++ job of keeping my spirits up. I don't feel up to any long stories right now but she was a complete animal lover to her core and it really influenced me. My childhood cats were all rescues & adpotions, and both of my adult cats were abandoned in the neighborhood and rescued by my ex and I. She's got Finn and I've got Fiona, and they are both the most loving cats ever. Rescues of any kind are always the best cats :3:

I also approve heartily of this new, squirrel-based tack this thread is taking.

Cat? Squirrel? Catsquirrel? You decide!

Has science gone too far with Cattesquirrel?? gently caress no it hasn't! Keep going, scientists!
I'm sorry to hear about your mom, friend. :hug:

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

Oh yeah, a few years ago i was watching some nature show about some kind of squirrel that builds little tunnels underground to live in. They chew shed rattlesnake skin into a pulp and rub it into theirs and their babby's fur to confuse hungry rattlesnakes.
At one part, this rattlesnake wasn't falling for it, and was getting really close to the entrance of this squirrel fort, so one of the adult squirrels started shoving rocks and dirt and dust in the snakes face until he slithered off. I was like: "Hell yeah, little squirrel! I'll hold your purse while you whoop that trick!".
Of course i cant remember the name of that show or what kind of squirrels they were.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Bear with me a moment, because this is a buzzfeed video, but if you skip the 50 seconds or so it's a video of someone who really really really loves sloths meeting a sloth and being incredibly excited about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdKUybsGELs

BlueKingBar
Jan 25, 2016

Hey guys let's just literally never talk to me again maybe that'll fix things

MooCowlian posted:

Bear with me a moment, because this is a buzzfeed video, but if you skip the 50 seconds or so it's a video of someone who really really really loves sloths meeting a sloth and being incredibly excited about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdKUybsGELs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5jw3T3Jy70

This one's better.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Per the youtube recommendations, Ellen brought out a sloth the next time. That sloth is cute too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oohdmBtn4eY

Kojiro
Aug 11, 2003

LET'S GET TO THE TOP!

MooCowlian posted:

Per the youtube recommendations, Ellen brought out a sloth the next time. That sloth is cute too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oohdmBtn4eY

Kristen Bell voiced a sloth in Zootopia, which was a nice little easter egg :3:

SyHopeful
Jun 24, 2007
May an IDF soldier mistakenly gun down my own parents and face no repercussions i'd totally be cool with it cuz accidents are unavoidable in a low-intensity conflict, man
TARI MEGAPOST

ShiroTheSniper
Mar 19, 2009

I see dead arrows.
Lipstick Apathy

OMG thanks! I missed that one! :D

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Obviously you need to post both.

I'll do my best next time I'm at her place. Sorry, the relationship is new so I tend to get smooch-based distractions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Moose King posted:

Red and yellow, no touch snek

Red and black, touch snek

Yeah, don't touch that snek. They're just so pretty :swoon:

http://imgur.com/a/v7Nwd