Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

TetsuoTW posted:

I'm increasingly of the belief that people are right to say that the Internet is killing movie criticism, but not because it's making it more democratic or anything, because it's smothering it in an overwhelming pile of hyperbolic, literally prejudiced wank.

Won't somebody think of the poor blockbusters and their nine-digit marketing budgets?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

TetsuoTW posted:

I'm increasingly of the belief that people are right to say that the Internet is killing movie criticism, but not because it's making it more democratic or anything, because it's smothering it in an overwhelming pile of hyperbolic, literally prejudiced wank.
Yeah, I know WHM is comedy, and I know BvS is (probably) bad, but it does annoy me how so many people tend to turn criticism into clickbaity "hyperbole about a thing that you know didn't reaaaaaaaally happen if you'd seen the film" like "WOW REMEMBER WHEN SUPERMAN AND LOIS WERE JOYFULLY MAKING OUT OVER THE CORPSES OF METROPOLIS" and "WOW DID YOU GUYS HEAR BEN GRIMM IN THE FANTASTIC FOUR MOVIE GOT LIKE, ABUSED AS A CHILD? IT WAS SUUUUPER GRIMDARK"

Punkin Spunkin fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Mar 30, 2016

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
This thread is starting to get worse than Batman v. Superman.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

enigmahfc posted:

Eh, call me when it's getting worse than Green Lantern.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

enigmahfc posted:

Eh, once we find out this thread's mother was named Martha, everything will be right again.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

enigmahfc posted:

*guitar riff*

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Corek posted:

That reminds me that the guys have no Tom Waits impression

They did one in the Captain N episode.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

duz posted:

Eh, once we find out this thread's mother was named Martha, everything will be right again.

I have been giggling at Martha Manhunter all day, to the point that I think there might be something wrong with me.

Also, as a resident of Kentucky, I feel that Metallo would be a better leader and representative for the state than Mitch McConnell is.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

enigmahfc posted:

I have been giggling at Martha Manhunter all day, to the point that I think there might be something wrong with me.

Also, as a resident of Kentucky, I feel that Metallo would be a better leader and representative for the state than Mitch McConnell is.

Mitch Mcconnel is not Jimmy Olson turned into a turtle?

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Are any of you Josh Hollis? If so, you continuously put out amazing stuff.

painynumbs
Apr 1, 2011
Steven did you block me on Facebook?!

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

TheFallenEvincar posted:

This kind of reminds me of what happened with Fantastic 4 where everyone raced each other to put out self indulgent burn reviews about how this was totally THE WORST EVER in the most creaaaaaative and humorous ways
where in reality that poor movie was just your run of the mill mundanely bad incomplete movie

If you were to cut that film into the twelve minutes doom was on screen it would be a great movie.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

I like that one Halloween episode where instead of lines from horror movies they have a line from The Principal in the intro.

''Looks like you have a little boner for miss mary huh''

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

WE HAVE TO CONTROL OUR ENVIRONMENT
IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN

Corek posted:

Nobody flamewars about Mystery Men, Daredevil 2004, or The Shadow

I haven't listened to that Mystery Men episode because I like the movie too much.
Why hasn't Frank Miller tried to ruin The Shadow?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

I was really surprised they hated on the Wonder Woman theme that much. I thought it was pretty bad-rear end (and it wasn't a guitar).

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
I'm kinder on the move than most others, but I thought her theme was loving terrible. It's like a riff that plays when you level up in a video game.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Count Chocula posted:

I haven't listened to that Mystery Men episode because I like the movie too much.
Why hasn't Frank Miller tried to ruin The Shadow?

He would rather ruin The Spirit

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.
Why do the boys hate 300 so much? Have they talked about it in detail? I'm not a Hack Snyder fan but he was really good at incorporating cgi into that film. Is it because they are being libtards and don't like the fascist narrative of the comic book?

Dmitri-9 fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Mar 30, 2016

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

It's really boring. It's one of the only movies I've literally fallen asleep watching.

Nouvelle Vague
Feb 16, 2011

Endut! Hoch Hech!
It does manage the feat of being homophobic and homoerotic, which is impressive.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Dmitri-9 posted:

Why do the boys hate 300 so much? Have they talked about it in detail? I'm not a Hack Snyder fan but he was really good at incorporating cgi into that film. Is it because they are being libtards and don't like the fascist narrative of the comic book?

I think a lot of it is residual hate for Frank Miller, which is always deserved.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Dmitri-9 posted:

Hack Snyder
Really man?

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

TetsuoTW posted:

Really man?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
What's the episode where they posit a movie that ends with Stone Cold Steve Austin breaking the fourth wall and stone cold stunning everyone, with the social contract that no one would ever spoil that ending?

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Calaveron posted:

What's the episode where they posit a movie that ends with Stone Cold Steve Austin breaking the fourth wall and stone cold stunning everyone, with the social contract that no one would ever spoil that ending?

I feel like maybe Russell Madness just due to the wrestling in the movie. If not that then it was definitely released right around that time.

painynumbs
Apr 1, 2011

Calaveron posted:

Was it Grown Ups 2? He's in that movie right?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

painynumbs posted:

Was it Grown Ups 2? He's in that movie right?

No, it was a relatively recent episode, and I remember it was a really melodramatic movie

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
Was it Jingle All The Way 2? That one had a lot of wrestling jokes, anyway.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
I think it was The Last Witch Hunter?

yoyomama
Dec 28, 2008
The Last Witch Hunter, I think

Chickenfrogman
Sep 16, 2011

by exmarx
Near the end of Last Witch Hunter. I forget what triggers the segway into it but it's in the last twenty minutes or so of the episode.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

It was the unnecessary twist in The Last Witch Hunter.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Batman's Kryptonite.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
I was pleasantly surprised by this week's episode. I was worried they would be too angry to be funny, but this week had some great bits.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

I swear that's all I was thinking after that part.

OrthoTrot
Dec 10, 2006
Its either Trotsky or its Notsky

Chickenfrogman posted:

Near the end of Last Witch Hunter. I forget what triggers the segway into it but it's in the last twenty minutes or so of the episode.

It was the fact that Vin Diesel comes back to life at the end. I think Steve starts saying Vin Diesel hears it from the crowd and gets back up and then they go from there. It's one of my favourite bits of WHM ever.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Oh man, that episode was so good for their tangent on Vin Diesel paying for his gumar's family's Sunday brunch.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
"IM GONNA GIT YOUR SHOE SIZE; HRGGhhhhh!!!"- Steve Sajdak

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

So I'm just getting around to listening to the BvS episode today.

How, exactly, does The Gotham Bat convince people in prison to kill people he's branded? Like, does he have plants or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

Evil Mastermind posted:

So I'm just getting around to listening to the BvS episode today.

How, exactly, does The Gotham Bat convince people in prison to kill people he's branded? Like, does he have plants or something?

It's implied that he brands the worst types of criminals like human traffickers. It's vaguely analogous to how child rapists are targeted in prison. I'm sure that's the vibe they were going for at least.