Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

D_Smart posted:

hey guise!

Where have you seen this before?

https://drewsmithphotography.wordpress.com/tag/steam/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFCuE5rHbPA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Eldragon posted:

Don't be an idiot. Artists make drawings from photos all the time. These drawings are both obviously from the same photo.

real sorry about that, ryan

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Didn't someone already link the picture of the girl a lot of pages back? You could suppose both of these guys traced the photo..

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Eldragon posted:

Don't be an idiot. Artists make drawings from photos all the time. These drawings are both obviously from the same photo.

I think what Ryan has done here is scribbled over it and increased the contrast

Risc1911
Mar 1, 2016

:wth:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Normally I would be pretty cautious but Ryan has sort of given us a track record, he did that, not us

PermaFailure
Mar 23, 2016

by zen death robot

Ash1138 posted:

lol seraph actually paid money to come back here to ask for refund advice what a maroon
What if I told you . . .

that money is not for me, but for my family.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Christian books with wacky webcomic characters? Sign me up!

By who? Why, no other than this guy:

and this one:

Making the world a more artful place since 2007 :patriot:

Jack of all trades, master of none tracing

StarBegotten
Mar 23, 2016

Do you think CIG will announce that Star Citizen is cancelled on April the 1st?

Imagine all the Shitizens laughing along with the 'joke' for 24 hours until, on the 2nd they realise CIG weren't joking....

In all honesty I cant imagine a classier way they could end this whole thing.

Surely it would go down as the best single troll post of all time?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
I'm pretty sure that company actually can guarantee I'll work with Ryan personally

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

peter gabriel posted:

I think what Ryan has done here is scribbled over it and increased the contrast

Looking more closely that might be whats happening. But there is also some parts that are quite different. So my inclination is they both are from the same photo.

There's a million things to poo poo on Ryan for that are far more obvious; so no reason to harp on this edge case.

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Jack of all trades, master of none tracing

ded

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Eldragon posted:

You are joking, but I just made this:

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

ZenMaster posted:

I have 100% legit seen this on some horrible DVD or video game cover... pleas tell me someone can ID this... I am finding a few amusing things, trying to put it all together in one doc.

I want to say that comes from an old cheezy music video from back when MTV actually played music videos.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Ryan you loving hack

I think he might have a proper mental issue.

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

as someone who has worked in/as purchase ledger, sales ledger, accounts assistant, financial controller and other finance positions, I wish I had any one of those positionsat cig right now so I could look at their accounting setup because I'm so curious right now. And you just know they have a sales ledger as a company who has never shipped a game because of the jpegs they sell

As an aside I worked for a company who because of an acquisition and restructuring, just decided to not pay any invoices for about 6 months to a year, only if a company threatened legal would they part pay. The financial director made the decision, which was passed to us by the financial controller, and we were instructed under no circumstances to escalate an angry credit controller who called to any management, just to deal with it. It put us under huge stress and I couldn't leave without going into debt.

We ended up with so much abuse from phone calls from angry companies it was unreal, and then if we spoke to any higher management they also yelled at us. Point is the grunts at CIG who have to deal with people asking for refunds have probably been given an iron statement of 'no refunds, you just have to refuse them even if the person is citing laws from their country, just repeat no and woe betide you if you dare bother anyone higher than you with this poo poo'. I feel bad for them if they are stuck in that lovely job but really need the money and don't have the financial security to leave. This one is on Sandi and ortwin for not only loving over their customers but also loving over their overworked staff who probably don't have the financial buffer to just leave and get another job

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Ragequit posted:

You are joking, but I just made this:

Don't join me in the idiots' corner :ohdear:

it's very cold and humiliating

Nomenclature
Jul 20, 2006

You can outrun the IRS, but you can't outrun your sister's love.
The subscriber edition RTV with Chris Roberts has started: https://www.twitch.tv/cigcommunity

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

oh well

Only registered members can see post attachments!

GabrielMobius
Mar 22, 2016

everything is fine

Nomenclature posted:

The subscriber edition RTV with Chris Roberts has started: https://www.twitch.tv/cigcommunity

Well allegedly with Chris. He's not there, I assume (again) that he's doing a line pre-show.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Tippis posted:

Because they're expecting a :goonsay: “Well actually…” answer and have prepared the perfect comeback. So when you just go “lol”, you're runing their moment of glory. Meanie.

Ah, so it's like :pgabz: youtube commenters. Eonwe, you're doing god's work then. visit D&D someday, lol

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Also holy gently caress it's that bad huh?

I didn't find any photograph from two minutes' worth of googling either. Ryan doesn't look at photographs, he looks at deviantart.

It's his thing you see

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Pretty sad when your in game logo

is stolen from here: http://www.drawcomics.net/how-to-draw-hands.html (a drawing primer lol)

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Don't join me in the idiots' corner :ohdear:

it's very cold and humiliating

I assume this was already covered in the 40,000 posts I missed over the past 3 months? I am just learning about this fantastic artist today.

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Lladre posted:

I want to say that comes from an old cheezy music video from back when MTV actually played music videos.

I was thinking of the blonde girl from the Human League but that mouth cannot be real.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

lol

I asked "where did sandi's cutout go? it was so cool"

my comment was removed and now I am banned

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Ryan you loving hack

BY RAYN ACNHR

Not to be confused with:

not by ryan archer

Aren't they *both* tracing from the same image tho? Edit: Lol, nope he's definitely tracing from that other image, which may or may not be a trace itself.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Mar 30, 2016

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

Someone who isn't on a phone want to overlay both with this?

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/p__/images/2/29/Katniss_Everdeen-_Archer.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20150530095540&path-prefix=protagonist

alucinor
May 21, 2003

Taco Defender

ZenMaster posted:

I have 100% legit seen this on some horrible DVD or video game cover... pleas tell me someone can ID this... I am finding a few amusing things, trying to put it all together in one doc.

Dark Off posted:

im fairly certain its one of the pictures of princess Diana possibly one just before the crash.

You may be right.

I strongly felt the original didn't have an open mouth, and the eye matches perfectly:

Someone with better PS skills can overlap & rotate them better to demonstrate.

Edit: I expect it's actually stolen from a deviantart photoshop but I wasn't about to google "diana car crash fan art".

Norefund14days
Feb 2, 2016

NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU PARP IN SPACE.

Toops posted:

I mean, I don't post pictures of my travel vape suitcase, cause I'm not a loving retard. But oh my drat do I love 'halin' that sweet, sweet vape.

Same Brother Commando. Helped me quit smoking after 22 years.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away
I can't believe I semi defended him, talking about concept artists pipelines. This dude needs mental help. Can he not draw at all? He's like that black guy pretending to do sign language translations for years. Imagine how he reacts when someone comes near him when he is 'working'.

alucinor posted:

You may be right.

You are giving him way too much credit. There will be some other picture out there that is exactly as it appears in his art, minus the photoshop filters and perspective-hosed-mouth.

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

Daztek posted:

lol

I asked "where did sandi's cutout go? it was so cool"

my comment was removed and now I am banned

Lol

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

D_Smart posted:

Tier1: Chris, Erin, Sandi, Ortwin, Elms (Nick & Simon) bros and anyone close to the money

Tier2: Top execs. Tony Z, Sean T et al // This also includes those who answer and/or report to Tier 1 e.g. accounting, payroll, anyone close to money etc

Tier3: Engineers, content creators who are on-site (LA, Austin, Frankfurt, Manchester) // the guys who just want to build cool stuff and get paid for doing it

Tier4: CS, support, testers etc

Though Derek knows this, for you younger folks it's also worth nothing that information meant for Tier 1 ears can channel outside of it through pre-existing friendships/networks, especially if divisions exist between Tier 1 powers. I expect that they do-- even if this is not openly discussed. Erin likely serves as the heat sink for frustrations his Tier 1 old guard might have with Chris and Sandi's antics.

But consider also that historic friendships between players at various tiers passes information meant solely for Tier 1 down to 'friends of Tier 1' at lower Tiers. It's not for nothing that people referred to a power block at Origin known as "The Friends of Chris Roberts"'-- and that block could include people of varying levels of authority and skill.

Note also that power blocks at Tier 2 -- even those not receiving trickle down gossip and insider information meant to keep them 'in the loop' are usually not incurious about what's going on between the Powers That Be. Given that there has been a lot of questionable decisionmaking by Tier 1 players (Chris and Sandi), and no shortage of chaos and pain, Tier 2 parties often do their own detective work to find out things they are being kept in the dark about.

Some studios -- those with very cohesive cultures, selective hiring practices, and excellent internal communication processes CAN keep secrets. Bethesda has been especially good at keeping things dark when they have new IP at exciting stages of testing.

CIG is not such a company.

Oh Chris is here I will shut up.

Nomenclature
Jul 20, 2006

You can outrun the IRS, but you can't outrun your sister's love.

GabrielMobius posted:

Well allegedly with Chris. He's not there, I assume (again) that he's doing a line pre-show.
He claims he was "showering!"

edit: Persistence planned for 2.4

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Ryan has some artistic skill, enough to sketch out really simplistic things, and blend copy/paste together well enough. I can blend copy/paste together reasonably well, but I can barely draw a stick figure if my life depended on it. He's more of an artist than me, at least. I'd bet he can also sing better than me. Neither of those are glowing endorsements.

As to how this will collapse, I'm throwing my lot in with a sudden collapse. They've had a track record of hiding any bad news. I suspect the way this will go down is either paychecks start bouncing, or people show up to work and the doors are locked and the lead people have hosed off. My only question is whether the top figures take off and try to disappear, or if they try to make a plea that they honestly did everything they could but it just didn't work out.

XK fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Mar 30, 2016

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Ragequit posted:

I assume this was already covered in the 40,000 posts I missed over the past 3 months? I am just learning about this fantastic artist today.

Possibly, but I stuck around for tracergate and didn't notice

trucutru posted:

Aren't they *both* tracing from the same image tho?

You'd be right 9 times out of 10, but this is ryan archer we're talking about, he gets all his material from deviantart

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

lmao holotable canned.

basic "game" 2.4.. probably 2.5 LOL

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
That picture is actually among his more ambitious edits

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
You guys are fabulous.

Not banned yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gipskrampf
Oct 31, 2010
Nap Ghost
Drinking beer, watching this shitshow and clicking on every <message deleted> in the Twitch stream.

• Locked thread