Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Oh god it's mold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?
Imagine hitting it with something.
Oh god, stop imagining that! Noo!

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Picnic Princess posted:

Oh god it's mold.

That's actually way more relieving than the alternative, which was that that was some food which was really meant to be eaten.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

But like, what is it supposed to be? It looks like a old rag draped over an empty casserole dish. What food was it originally before it was a literal blanket of mold?

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

Picnic Princess posted:

Oh god it's mold.

literally my exact words

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I hope it's moldsagna

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce
Until that last picture, I thought someone just threw a sheet of pastry dough over a casserole.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Looked like a frumpled up sweat shirt rectangle over a dish of cheez whiz.

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS

Wanamingo posted:

Also useful for making hats

Gonna get all spergy here, but liquid mercury isn't all that dangerous to ingest. It's the vapor and mercury compounds that'll kill you. Though I guess if you drank enough mercury it'd probably tear your intestines from all the weight.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Semisponge posted:

Gonna get all spergy here, but liquid mercury isn't all that dangerous to ingest. It's the vapor and mercury compounds that'll kill you. Though I guess if you drank enough mercury it'd probably tear your intestines from all the weight.

Yeah, I was told by someone that you could handle it with bare hands and not get poisoned or whatever. I thought he was being an rear end in a top hat.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Skin contact with mercury is pretty awful too.

Granted, it wasn't elemental mercury but still :smith:

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

MariusLecter posted:

Yeah, I was told by someone that you could handle it with bare hands and not get poisoned or whatever. I thought he was being an rear end in a top hat.

IIRC they used to use elemental mercury as a laxative back in the olden times when we were all a little stupider. The dense little beads of mercury would just strongarm anything in your system through to your sphincter like a little wrecking ball.

Your problem comes from the vapors, which can get absorbed into your bloodstream via the lungs, I guess? And of course any compound that makes it absorbable by your body. A lot of lead compounds are stupendously dangerous for similar reasons, if you make something that can be absorbed by skin contact or whatever.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Moldsagna reminds me of a good story. I am of the belief that stories also fall under the category of AFP, and I feel like I haven't told a story in a while.

When I first moved in with my ex and his mother, I was quite young (and broke). My mother-in-law graciously agreed to let me live there, on the condition that I cleaned up, mainly by doing the dishes. I later found out this was because literally no one had done the dishes in months.

Gross: So, my first day there, I set to unsticking the pans from the counter, finding mold, bugs, old food that may or not have been chicken. I then unstuck a pot that had been face-down on a baking sheet, revealing hundreds of teeny, writhing maggots. I screamed like a girl and immediately tossed it into the bushes. Mother in law returns several days later, asks where the pan is. I shrug. Months later, some contractors found it in the bushes, but luckily I was the only one home. There was still some maggots caked to it.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Solice Kirsk posted:

So we mixed it with UV Blue vodka and Sprite. I've named many concoctions "Future Drink" but I think that was the one most worthy of the name.

gently caress UV Blue. My only experience with that was getting a Mormon drunk and building a wonky, totally hosed-off-our-asses gingerbread house together. Oh god the headache that left me with.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Scathach posted:

gently caress UV Blue. My only experience with that was getting a Mormon drunk and building a wonky, totally hosed-off-our-asses gingerbread house together. Oh god the headache that left me with.

You drugged someone against their religious beliefs? Wow.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

I know quite a few mormons who identify as such but don't follow the teachings to the letter because they don't actually care enough. Just live every other religious sect in existence. Booze is fun. So are gingerbread houses. Headaches, not so much.

Tony Bologna
Sep 21, 2007

Talk real good 'cause I'm smart and stuff

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Voila! Enjoy your hummus stain! :bravo:

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

PCOS Bill posted:

You drugged someone against their religious beliefs? Wow.

I guess his curiosity about my heathen and hedonistic ways finally got the best of him. The gingerbread house was pretty awesome, the little people had mohawks and were tasty as gently caress.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Tony Bologna
Sep 21, 2007

Talk real good 'cause I'm smart and stuff

Picnic Princess posted:

Voila! Enjoy your hummus stain! :bravo:

Oh poo poo! I don't have my contacts on so I just figured it was the world's greasiest plate of spaghetti aglio e olio, but it turns out to be much sadder than that...

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

The sounds this dish is making in my head right now are indescribable.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Picnic Princess posted:

The sounds this dish is making in my head right now are indescribable.

I imagine it as some sort of culinary lovecrafian nightmare. Like what if we deep fried the black goat with a thousand young, whose seven tongues of pitch scream the whole way through.

I'm still trying to make out what the hell it is though. The closer you look the more insane it gets.

Trillian
Sep 14, 2003

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

I imagine it as some sort of culinary lovecrafian nightmare. Like what if we deep fried the black goat with a thousand young, whose seven tongues of pitch scream the whole way through.

I'm still trying to make out what the hell it is though. The closer you look the more insane it gets.

It's a whole fried fish, although I have never seen one undead and thrashing off the plate like that.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

This one is art because, on the first pass, I thought that mangled hotdog was a crab leg.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Return of the #wifematerial loose corn, wet mashed something and really pink meat.

Dinner blush ok_hand #fish #chips #veggies #healthy #yummy #wifematerial #putaringonme

Nice McCain's frozen fish, chips and mixed steamed vegetables there.

Gridlocked has a new favorite as of 11:13 on Mar 31, 2016

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Made me think of this:

From this

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

Titus Sardonicus posted:

Skin contact with mercury is pretty awful too.

Granted, it wasn't elemental mercury but still :smith:
Just want to butt in with a little chemistry - elemental mercury is, in fact, completely different from any mercury compounds. You really shouldn't compare the two. It's the same reason why elemental sodium will explode in water while sodium ions in table salt will, at most, explode your arteries.

You probably still should not ingest elemental mercury, but it is a world of difference from the devil substance in your link.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Simply Simon posted:

Just want to butt in with a little chemistry - elemental mercury is, in fact, completely different from any mercury compounds. You really shouldn't compare the two. It's the same reason why elemental sodium will explode in water while sodium ions in table salt will, at most, explode your arteries.

You probably still should not ingest elemental mercury, but it is a world of difference from the devil substance in your link.

I like how Dimethylmercury is so bloody dangerous that it's also more-or-less entirely useless.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

It's amazing what you can make with whatever's left in the cupboards.

Just a whole green Plantain uncooked, that'll be tasty.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
p. sure that's a cucumber?

E: On closer inspection, probably not. Looks wrong either way.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

steinrokkan posted:

p. sure that's a cucumber?

E: On closer inspection, probably not.

Now i'm unsure of everything.

It could be a courgette.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Gridlocked posted:

I like how Dimethylmercury is so bloody dangerous that it's also more-or-less entirely useless.

Though (as the dangerous chemistry thread noted when this came up last), the US military/NASA experimented with using it as a rocket propellant, because of course they did.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
Would, but wouldn't try to convince myself it was bread.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

This looks fine, but for gently caress sake, just call it "cheesy garlic eggplant". The one of the sticking points of going low-carb is casting bread out of your life. Why you gotta turn a perfectly good eggplant into a pretend bread?

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling

Gridlocked posted:

Return of the #wifematerial loose corn, wet mashed something and really pink meat.

That looks like utterly delicious mashed sweet potatoes with butter and brown sugar.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

wrong thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

Gridlocked posted:

Looks like sliced rare steak with either a carrot mash or a carrot and turnip mash?