Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Echo Video posted:

acid betty looked like a goddamn murlok

and it owned and looked awesome

Cael posted:

The lack of the judges never calling Naomi out on relying solely on her legs has infuriated my wife and I every week when watching. It's just HEY I HAVE LONG LEGS every single time combined with--as someone noted--"bra + panties + X" outfits.

yeah my fiancee and I yell the same thing at the TV

graynull posted:

I want the pit crew to stand ready with a giant hook to drag a bitch off stage if her wig and shoes come off.

loving SERIOUSLY. also LOL that Naysha got a phone call to come back on the show then went home due to a lipsync of 'Call Me'

I can't get the sneak peek to play. Do we know who is doing what for Snatch Game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.

Pinwiz11 posted:

I am going to DIE if Bob does Carol Channing. (Spoiler from the Sneak Peek of next episode.)

Holy poo poo. Based on your post, I looked up the video. He HAS to do that character.

Also what the gently caress was Derrick doing? I seriously have no idea.

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe
Gifs are coming. Don't worry.

SPOILER ALERT THORGY

A little gem for those who loved ART

DID SOMEBODY MENTION ART?

Bina fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Mar 30, 2016

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I just rewatched all 4 episodes with friends who hadn't watched any of this season and three episodes in my friend snaps his fingers and says EGON. THORGY LOOKS LIKE EGON FROM THE REAL GHOSTBUSTERS.

I laughed so hard I thought I was going to throw up.

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe

caligulamprey posted:

I just rewatched all 4 episodes with friends who hadn't watched any of this season and three episodes in my friend snaps his fingers and says EGON. THORGY LOOKS LIKE EGON FROM THE REAL GHOSTBUSTERS.

I laughed so hard I thought I was going to throw up.

So this needs to happen.

Mr. Owl
Jan 24, 2008

Mouse Dresser posted:

Also what the gently caress was Derrick doing? I seriously have no idea.

Pretty sure it is Shocantelle Brown

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

"When you come back, could you pick up my drink?"
"...When you come back, could you, um... tuck?"

Dead.

This was a good Untucked. The parent call was brief and sincere -- as was the camera's attention afterwards. Still made me cry my eyes out.

I feel bad for Derrick. I think he's a professional in a way that really impedes him shining on a show like RPDR. He is not going to rock the boat because that's not how you pump out 10 shows a week for tourists with cash to blow, or whatever. He should've done some countrywide touring (maybe he has and I'm just unaware?) before going on the show.

Why is this year's cast so drat good though?! HONESTLY. Bob all the way but I hope they all hussle it hard off this season, drat.

edit:

The bonus clips really are great, though:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BeZGqv3Rm0

Carlton Banks Teller fucked around with this message at 13:06 on Mar 30, 2016

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.
Part of me thinks Ru gets a major wee wee pole for 1990s runway supermodel types, which is why Naomi can do no wrong (for now).

Naysha's LSFYL was Mess 2.0 but this season hasn't given us a lot of low-hanging fruit, so it doesn't surprise me that they had to bring her back to get eliminated again. In past seasons, it seems there's still been a few duds that make it to snatch game. I think all we got is Derrick now, and Naomi when the runway runs out. I'm so in love with everyone else.

I hope this is Bob's first single.

resting mitch face fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Mar 30, 2016

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
My wife found this last night. Took me a second...

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
If you want to take a shot at me get in line, line
1 2 3!
Baby, I've had all my shots and I'm fine

Flyinglemur posted:

My wife found this last night. Took me a second...

I don't get it :(

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.

Golbez posted:

I don't get it :(

Roxxxy, who was up for elimination, ugly-cried before the judges that as a child, she and her sister were abandoned at a bus station by their mother.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Millie posted:

Roxxxy, who was up for elimination, ugly-cried before the judges that as a child, she and her sister were abandoned at a bus station by their mother.

:vince:

Zombie Squared
Feb 16, 2007

If Derrick does anything else but Britney for the snatch game, I can only see her pulling off the poor man's Martina Martinez from It's always Sunny, and I hope I it wont happen for everyone involved.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef
Derrick's in a pretty bad bind for Snatch Game. He doesn't know how to be anyone else, and I really don't see him being willing to make fun of Britney. Chad Michaels had the over-it angle for Cher, but I don't know that that would read for Britney.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Was watching old Snatch Games last week and Tatianna's Britney still holds up really well, actually, Derrick would also have a decent comedic bar to clear.

I think he could totally pull a Britney on Snatch Game as long as he does something completely different on the runway.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I can only ope the rumoured Derrrick snatch game of Shocantelle Brown is true because that will either be hilarious or cringey as gently caress.

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe

angerbeet posted:

cringey as gently caress.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

angerbeet posted:

I'm surprised Naomi hasn't gotten a "stop relying on that body" critique yet but she's kind of middle of the road so I assume they're saving her for that.

I thought for sure she'd get clocked for that last week. But for her to get a pass on that in two consecutive weeks where she also wore a hot pink swimsuit down the runway? Nah-uh.

Derrick said everything there was about herself in this episode when she said, "I want to be the Pop Queen of Drag." I'm really glad they brought up Chad Michaels as an example to follow. She really should've been in the bottom instead of Naysha, honestly. But speaking of Naysha, goodness, did she fall apart (quite literally) in the lipsync. Shoes off, wig fallin' off, tumbling with all the grace of a 5 year-old. I love that ChiChi took the hair-whipping to 11 once Naysha's wig fell off. Naysha is cute out of drag, though.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
That was super lovely of Naysha to leave Chi Chi that note, new swimsuit & sparkly jumpsuit after being eliminated. I hope they show that from Untucked on the next episode.

Still, Naysha went from Air Traffic Controller with Applause to Hyperactive Gymnastics Kid with the last song. A big improvement for her. Shame about the wig coming off.

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.

Andrew_1985 posted:

Still, Naysha went from Air Traffic Controller with Applause to Hyperactive Gymnastics Kid with the last song. A big improvement for her. Shame about the wig coming off.

Naysha was kind to leave Chi Chi with a parting gift <3 but I checked out when she took off her shoes for her Lip Sync.

WHY? WHY WHYWHY?

Last month I was at my work's annual semi-formal and looked down in amazement to see all the ladies with bare feet on the dance floor. NOT ACCEPTABLE! I keep my shoes on regardless if my feet look like swollen hams the next day.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Katya and I simply wear flats to everything, or, if absolutely necessary, a very chunky heel.

Just say no to Foot Genocide :colbert: (although yes they look so awesome :sigh:)

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

spite house posted:

I'm pretty sure Chris Stein's line about the shoes was the best guest-judge comment ever.
He sounded exactly like a disappointed dad at a football game his son just lost, I love it.

Every. Word. Ended. With. A. Period.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

Millie posted:

Where my people at?

Thunder Mug
Jul 11, 2008

They may kick our ass, but they will never kick Our Freedom!
If Derrick does do Britney, I hope it's crazy 'I shaved my own head, and held my baby in the car!' Britney.

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe

Thunder Mug posted:

If Derrick does do Britney, I hope it's crazy 'I shaved my own head, and held my baby in the car!' Britney.

Too soon?

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

Thunder Mug posted:

She should start as normal Britney, then slowly break down over the course of the game and shave her wig off.

oliven
Jan 25, 2006

love all cats
Last night I saw Battle of the Seasons live and holy poo poo it was a riot. I met Katya, who hugged me and told me I was a woman, and I was veery close to meeting Adore and Jinkx but didn't get the time because it was so crowded and the show was about to start.

The show was amazing, Michelle was super sweet and Sharon Needles did Caitlyn Jenner for snatch game and oh my god it was so good. Katya performed Celine Dion's My Heart Will Go On IN RUSSIAN dressed as Titanic with pictures of Leo and Kate and people drowning in the background, I don't even.

There was so much going on I'm still trying to sort it all out in my head. If you have the opportunity to see the show, go for it. It was incredible.

Stabitha
Mar 11, 2005

You lookin' at me? Don't.

Magikarpal Tunnel posted:

She should start as normal Britney, then slowly break down over the course of the game and shave her wig off.

I think if Derrick pulled this off, Michelle Visage would give him a pass for doing Britney for Snatch Game.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Stabitha posted:

I think if Derrick pulled this off, Michelle Visage would give him a pass for doing Britney for Snatch Game.

Yeah but that kind of thing, if not done to perfection, would be excruciating to watch.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Stabitha posted:

If he managed to inflate to 2007(?) VMA Britney size within Snatch Game, gently caress it and just give that bitch the crown.

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.

oliven posted:

Last night I saw Battle of the Seasons live and holy poo poo it was a riot. I met Katya, who hugged me and told me I was a woman, and I was veery close to meeting Adore and Jinkx but didn't get the time because it was so crowded and the show was about to start.

The show was amazing, Michelle was super sweet and Sharon Needles did Caitlyn Jenner for snatch game and oh my god it was so good. Katya performed Celine Dion's My Heart Will Go On IN RUSSIAN dressed as Titanic with pictures of Leo and Kate and people drowning in the background, I don't even.

There was so much going on I'm still trying to sort it all out in my head. If you have the opportunity to see the show, go for it. It was incredible.
I'm going May 18th. I splurged on preshow & after party (c'mon Christmas bonus!) so I'm wondering if it's easier to meat and greet that way. I'm a shy person and don't want to be disrespectful (I do like Jinkx Monsoon's tips for approaching a queen at BOTS). Did they mingle during the show too? I hear so many good things about how they treat their fans at these things so I can't wait. I wish Katya was on the lineup but I can't complain with Alaska, Courtney, Ginger, Pearl, Phi Phi, Adore, Fame & Violet. I'm probably going to do something weird like cry.

oliven
Jan 25, 2006

love all cats

Millie posted:

I'm going May 18th. I splurged on preshow & after party (c'mon Christmas bonus!) so I'm wondering if it's easier to meat and greet that way. I'm a shy person and don't want to be disrespectful (I do like Jinkx Monsoon's tips for approaching a queen at BOTS). Did they mingle during the show too? I hear so many good things about how they treat their fans at these things so I can't wait. I wish Katya was on the lineup but I can't complain with Alaska, Courtney, Ginger, Pearl, Phi Phi, Adore, Fame & Violet. I'm probably going to do something weird like cry.

No mingling during the show, and the preshow was kind of short to be honest. I'm not sure if it was this particular venue or if it's always like that. We stood in line to see Adore after meeting Katya and an attendant came and dragged her off because they were out of time. She kept apologising and managed to squeeze in a few hugs while getting dragged off though. She seemed super sweet, all of the queens did!

The full VIP package tickets with the after party bit were sold out in my city before the official ticket sale begun (due to some poorly planned venue poo poo I think), so I "only" got the preshow mingle VIP package. I envy you, I'm sure the after party was great :( I'm super awkward and shy in person and my greatest fear was saying something completely weird or creepy (like telling Katya she has pretty teeth or whatever). It wasn't a problem though, I think they're used to fans being shy and nervous. Just go with it, it'll be awesome!

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

oliven posted:

If you have the opportunity to see the show, go for it. It was incredible.
No Katya for the 4/20 Portland show = legit deal breaker. :smith:

Also even though she's not on the tour, I'd spend the entire night in fear of the possibility of a Laganga crashing.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
I feel like Katya would really enjoy being told she has pretty teeth

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

oliven posted:

Katya performed Celine Dion's My Heart Will Go On IN RUSSIAN dressed as Titanic with pictures of Leo and Kate and people drowning in the background, I don't even.

I'm not sure I can even express how amazing this sounds.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.

Magikarpal Tunnel posted:

That would be A-MAHZ-ZING but it is wayyyy too clever for Derrick to come up with.

Part of me hopes she does Christina Aguilera, Mandy Moore, or Jessica Simpson :q:

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
Okay, I know somewhere there is a video of Katya nailing the words from her Glamazonian Airways lipsync but I can't find it for the life of me. Anyone know where it is?

Fantastisk
May 19, 2011

After a long night of hooking, trade didn't like the session, so he had gutted me and set me on fire, but, you know, I didn't die. I had crystallized, and now I'm a glamazon bitch ready for the runway.

oliven posted:

Was this in Oslo? Man, I really wanted to go, but I didn't have the opportunity :( Sounds like it was amazing!

curiousTerminal posted:

Okay, I know somewhere there is a video of Katya nailing the words from her Glamazonian Airways lipsync but I can't find it for the life of me. Anyone know where it is?

I think it was in the RuGrets video after the episode?

Edit: Nope, sorry.

Fantastisk fucked around with this message at 10:46 on Apr 2, 2016

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Is this the week Acid Betty gets kicked off for violence supposedly?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Apparently!

• Locked thread