Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

MilesK posted:

no no no no... It's not the 20's, lose the hat.

This.

If you have to explain why it's okay why you're wearing something, it's not okay at all really.

runsamok fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Mar 31, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Daztek posted:

Maybe we have to complete the Ryan Archer puzzle first

I just hope Derek delivers on his promises because I've been hurt before.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

G0RF posted:

Awkward moment worth considering the subtext of: 1:04:24

The best part is that Chris loving believed him.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

G0RF posted:

Hey I value yours too Fuctifino!

<3 I'm just a shitposter to be fair... I haven't contributed anything near the beautiful effort posts and observations that you write. But thanks.

quote:

I did think Ben looked like he was going to crash and yet occasionally looked uncomfortable as hell. So I don't discount the possibility that there's some unspoken tension in the room. I actually think Ben might just as easily be wondering "what the hell is Derek going to do next and how does he know what I had for breakfast?"

I've always been really good at naturally reading people's body languages (and have been ever since I was a little girl), and everything about Ben was ringing alarm bells with me. I think he only got his phone out once to check a message (which was probably from Sandi, saying SMILE YOU FAT gently caress) and he attempted a few times to smile after that and look involved, but those fake smiles lasted mere seconds. For most of the stream, he couldn't even bring himself to look at Chris. I really think Ben is waking up to the con and having huge turmoils in his head. I feel sorry for him for the first time since I've followed SC. He's had nothing in his life apart from Chris Roberts, and now I think his illusions about Chris are shattered. He doesn't have much to turn to after the inevitable collapse of CIG so he's stuck.

I remember EightAce mentioning Ben, reminding us to go easy on him as he's having a rough time and is only human etc (too lazy to find the exact quote)... and I think it's because of the reasons I posted. He's woken up in a living nightmare.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
has anyone said spergonaut yet?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Darkpriest667 posted:

Wearing these types of hats is not a problem. The problem is wearing one with a t shirt and loving jeans. I wear one.

You're a lot better than you were, I don't even find you annoying now. Free tip, stop talking about your terrible choice in headgear.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Oh my gently caress

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Toops posted:

I just hope Derek delivers on his promises because I've been hurt before.
Sometimes he drops A bombs, sometimes it whistles like an A bomb coming down and it hits and it's a story about the Gizmondo connection.

He's hyped this one up enough though... whether it's an Extinction Event or not, the thread will continue its glorious ascent.

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

fuctifino posted:

<3 I'm just a shitposter to be fair... I haven't contributed anything near the beautiful effort posts and observations that you write. But thanks.

I've always been really good at naturally reading people's body languages (and have been ever since I was a little girl), and everything about Ben was ringing alarm bells with me. I think he only got his phone out once to check a message (which was probably from Sandi, saying SMILE YOU FAT gently caress) and he attempted a few times to smile after that and look involved, but those fake smiles lasted mere seconds. For most of the stream, he couldn't even bring himself to look at Chris. I really think Ben is waking up to the con and having huge turmoils in his head. I feel sorry for him for the first time since I've followed SC. He's had nothing in his life apart from Chris Roberts, and now I think his illusions about Chris are shattered. He doesn't have much to turn to after the inevitable collapse of CIG so he's stuck.

I remember EightAce mentioning Ben, reminding us to go easy on him as he's having a rough time and is only human etc (too lazy to find the exact quote)... and I think it's because of the reasons I posted. He's woken up in a living nightmare.

agreed, I don't think the mention of Ben being in a bad way was was just about his weight, he looked incredibly stressed in that vid and he snapped tensely when interacting with Lando a few times. I don't think he was just bored

drink Dr Pepper actually
Oct 11, 2012

Eonwe posted:

Oh my gently caress

and here's the guy tasked with cleaning them up lol

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

runsamok posted:

This.

If you have to explain why it's okay why you're wearing something, it's not okay at all really.
gently caress you, I look magnificent in my assless chaps.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Are you a wizard

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

Hahaha hahaha

This is the best game since Solar Plebian :todd:

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

Woooooooooooooow

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

What the gently caress

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

HAHA... I love how the watermark is masked by the character in front and a quick over-paint.

Do Getty Images sue people who use their images without permission?

e: Seriously, Gurzi, you are either a magician or Ryan Archer himself. I'm blown away by your image detective skills.

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Mar 31, 2016

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

If you keep doing this someone might think you're Ryan Archer :tinfoil:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

fuctifino posted:

everything about Ben was ringing alarm bells with me. I think he only got his phone out once to check a message (which was probably from Sandi, saying SMILE YOU FAT gently caress) and he attempted a few times to smile after that and look involved, but those fake smiles lasted mere seconds.

:lesnick: normally checks his phone a lot but that might be explained by the fact he knew Chris Roberts wasn't emailing him.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

i can't breathe

this has to be an amazing ARG or something. real life where's wally

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

sad that i had to work during rtv subscriber mushmouth edition

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I listened to the bit about Roberts and the social module. He never said that players would not be allowed to join other hangars. He said that he has no idea when such a thing would be feasible.

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

glad that ryan archer is such a hack fraud

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I listened to the bit about Roberts and the social module. He never said that players would not be allowed to join other hangars. He said that he has no idea when such a thing would be feasible.

The closest he's ever gotten to no

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

Welcome back, pink elephant ghost.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Eonwe posted:

The closest he's ever gotten to no

Prorated

fnox
May 19, 2013

How the hell are you doing this?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

That's incredible, can someone update that artist thread?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

runsamok posted:

Welcome back, pink elephant ghost.

wow, thank you to whoever bought me this av again

sorry they keep making people waste money!!

Laradus
Feb 16, 2011
The image game is the best thing - i'm so looking forward to the compilation edition :)

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Yay, Eonwe's avatar is awesome again! :neckbeard:

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.

tooterfish posted:

gently caress you, I look magnificent in my assless chaps.

but you have the rear end for them. Most of us cannot pull them off.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Meanwhile, in Stellaris...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkcT3NdArFk

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I think this is the last time Ben and Chris were together on a livestream, so you can compare with the latest one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIjFfkdKy18&t=2516s

drink Dr Pepper actually
Oct 11, 2012

Daztek posted:

Are you a wizard

Yes.

But I'm also an artist and I work at a site where people can submit their own images and sell to others. So many people try pulling a Ryan Archer and sneaking traced/shopped stuff like that past us. I've gotten pretty good at finding originals.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Galarox posted:

Real estate agent: This is the conference room. This is the $20,00 coffee machine and this... this is the Lesnick, he sorta comes with the property because he is an immovable object and has his own gravity field. Dont give him cookies!

In time Ben will become an Anomaly.

Lonkface
Jan 22, 2016

All that glitters is not gold.

Gurzi posted:

Yes.

But I'm also an artist and I work at a site where people can submit their own images and sell to others. So many people try pulling a Ryan Archer and sneaking traced/shopped stuff like that past us. I've gotten pretty good at finding originals.

Thank you, as a fellow artist I appreciate this work a lot.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

If you can think of what search term the "artist" likely entered to find the image ("man picking things up", "spilled barrel of fruit", "men in hazmat suits", etc.) you can find it with just Google Image Search a bunch of the time since hacks like this rear end in a top hat rarely put in much more effort than that themselves.

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?

Hmmm..

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Pratt2112
Mar 25, 2016

Indeeeeeeeeeed...

SpunkyRedKnight posted:

Chris rambles pie in the sky at people, they say "yes, sir", and he never sees the game itself, so it's no wonder he sounds deluded.

How funny would it be if Croberts just started giggling, and being like "And that's before we implement the interstellar cupcake makers... little... loving -bangs table- cupcakes! And you make them! In your loving -bangs table- ship! NO ONE'S ever had cupcakes in a loving -bangs table- ship before! And you can have them with.. loving... coffeee!! We can make the coffee! You've all seen the loving coffee machine by now, yeah?.. - bangs table- loving cupcakes and coffee in space... BRILLIANT!"

-manic cackling ensues-

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azram Legion
Jan 23, 2005

Drunken Poet Glory

Gurzi posted:

Yes.

Star Tracers has quickly become my favourite sub-plot of this season of Star Citizen, and a big part of it is enjoying the detective work that you and others have done.

• Locked thread