Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Castor Poe posted:

There's a better version of the shotgun that can be easy to miss in the underground area with the sharks. Also, let Barry die.

It's easy to miss because it's only there if you were able to save Richard Aiken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Wanderer posted:

It's easy to miss because it's only there if you were able to save Richard Aiken.

I think you can also get it if you shoot down all the bees in the residence

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007
Excuse me, do you know where Saiyans hang out?

Castor Poe posted:

Also, let Barry die.

No, don't do this. Just make sure to take the Wind Crest when you leave the mansion.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

Castor Poe posted:

Also, let Barry die.

I don't know how anyone could begin to think this horrible, monstrous option is to ever be considered.

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.
Look at these sentimental fools who never got to experience the wonders of Barry's god-tier magnum.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
We did get to experience it.

When he went to rescue his daughter because we spared him :smug:

Alkarl
Aug 26, 2011

Bonus EXP: 300
MVP: Ike
New Ally: Petrine, Greil, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Petrine, Greil, Mordecai, Lethe, Ranulf, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, MPID_BLACKKNIGHT, Greil, Ike, Greil, Ike, Black Knight, Greil, Ike
Was I the only one who always yelled "I have THIS" every time they used that gun? I felt like that's the only correct way to use a magnum in Rev 2.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
People who have played RE5 on PC: Is there a way to get the RE4 aiming style that controllers use, for mouse and keyboard? M/kb has its own lovely aiming scheme with artificial aim sway and it feels like crap and makes the game feel bad to play. I found a mod that replaces the crosshair with the laser sight used by controllers, but it's just a visual change and doesn't affect the actual aiming. I made a video for another thread illustrating what I mean so you can see the difference if you don't know what I'm talking about.

edit: The alternate aim type in mouse/keyboard options is almost there, but it's still got the fake figure-8 aim sway instead of the more stable laser sight aim.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Mar 21, 2016

citizenlowell
Sep 25, 2003

ignore alien orders
Has anyone given the PS4 / XBONE of RE6 yet? How do they run? Did they change anything?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Seems to be the same game in 1080p60fps, haven't noticed any differences so far.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

citizenlowell posted:

Has anyone given the PS4 / XBONE of RE6 yet? How do they run? Did they change anything?

I think everything is unlocked from the beginning. It has the dlc modes as well as no mercy mode. That's mostly it. I haven't played the original in a while, but when I did play it, I know that

-Ada was locked until you beat the other campaigns, its unlocked from the start here.
-Most of the mercenaries stages were locked, they are unlocked from the start here.

Its basically RE6.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

blackguy32 posted:

I think everything is unlocked from the beginning. It has the dlc modes as well as no mercy mode. That's mostly it. I haven't played the original in a while, but when I did play it, I know that

-Ada was locked until you beat the other campaigns, its unlocked from the start here.
-Most of the mercenaries stages were locked, they are unlocked from the start here.

Its basically RE6.

Ada being unlocked from the start was patched into the old versions quite some time ago.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

man nurse posted:

Ada being unlocked from the start was patched into the old versions quite some time ago.

Well, I guess you can tell how long ago it has been since I played!

That being said, RE6 is such a loving train wreck.

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

blackguy32 posted:

Well, I guess you can tell how long ago it has been since I played!

That being said, RE6 is such a loving train wreck.

Some of the game play is neat, and playing as Jake was a nice change of pace. I managed a massive chunk of his game without ever using a gun unless it was necessary. When you figure out all of his hand to hand moves he is pretty powerful, and there is the nice little nod to Wester in his charge attack.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

The Repo Man posted:

Some of the game play is neat, and playing as Jake was a nice change of pace. I managed a massive chunk of his game without ever using a gun unless it was necessary. When you figure out all of his hand to hand moves he is pretty powerful, and there is the nice little nod to Wester in his charge attack.

I was more talking about the story and how the game is kind of structured. In fact the combat and merc mode is probably the only solid thing in the whole game. But I get the feeling that they wanted it to be this broad globetrotting thing, but so much of the game just feels disjointed. I mean there was poo poo that I didn't even figure out in the game until I read about it later and this was after I had completed all 4 campaigns.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I was annoyed that they start you off with Leon's campaign as the "default" when it's actually one of the tougher ones, I had a lot of trouble at first because I assumed from the intro that Leon's campaign was the place you were supposed to pick up from.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

CJacobs posted:

I was annoyed that they start you off with Leon's campaign as the "default" when it's actually one of the tougher ones, I had a lot of trouble at first because I assumed from the intro that Leon's campaign was the place you were supposed to pick up from.

From a story standpoint, his is probably the last one that needs to be tackled. From what I remember, Jake and Sherry's campaign was the most detached out of all of them

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

RE 6 is poo poo at explaining itself but man is it fun as hell when you learn how to do stuff. The AI is much better handled than in RE 5 as well.

The story is also peak resident evil. Leon shoots the zombie president. Son of wesker. NEO UMBRELLA.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

man nurse posted:

Leon shoots the zombie president.
Adam Benford is probably one of the biggest letdowns from RE6. The files say he's the government official who got Leon his job with the DSO, but all we get out of him in-game is Leon killing him after turning and a flashback scene trying to show why Leon cares about him. Seriously, without Benford, Leon would be in...whatever the government was going to put him in after Raccoon City. Oh, and stuff like Leon and Ashley's Excellent Adventure never happens.

gtrmp
Sep 29, 2008

Oba-Ma... Oba-Ma! Oba-Ma, aasha deh!

CJacobs posted:

What? Leon's is the easiest by far, since you don't have to deal with enemies a) knocking you on your rear end from range with guns and rockets or b) developing unpredictable mutations that make them more or less immune to basic things like bodyshots or being stunned.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Yeah, I found Leon's to be the easiest because Zombies are just wimps.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Is there a way to unlock the pixel costumes in Mercs for the PS4 version of RE6? I remember it being tied to RE. Net for the PS3 version.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Since fans responded negatively to Resident Evil 6‘s take on the RE universe, Hirabayashi claims that they can expect the Resident Evil 2 remake to avoid making similar mistakes.

Nooooo :(

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time
This isn't even remotely bad news. RE2 is still the best game of the series. Even if it's the exact same game with better graphics, it will still be amazing.

:c00lbutt:

Broken record warning: I really enjoyed the beginning of Leon's campaign in RE6, so honestly, I would have been happy with that being the main influence for the remake too.
Broken record warning 2: If they could stretch out fighting your way to the police station to be an entire game, I'd be in heaven.

In conclusion, I still have high hopes for the remake.

Mogomra fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Apr 5, 2016

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Noooo what, exactly?

no seriously how is that remotely a bad thing

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

On one hand RE6 has some good parts.

On the other I'm onboard for another REmake style game so this isn' t a bad thing.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

Noooo what, exactly?

it might mean re2 remake is a third person action game because why in the gently caress would they bring up re6 at all in terms of inspiration for it otherwise

that's a real big might though, p. sure it's still classic style because of the director and whatnot

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
The only thing I'll be mad about is if the control scheme isn't AT LEAST Rev 2-like. I'll miss freeform karate though

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
I feel like RE2-make could have been a REmake-style redux with improved graphics and tuned gameplay or it could have been an RE6-style Leon Beats Up Everyone and I would be happy either way

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

Noooo what, exactly?

I love RE6, and can forgive its sins. RE2 brought to RE6 spec/engine would be a dream come true for me.

Comparatively, I have little interest in playing a remake with the classic style gameplay.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Golden Goat posted:

On one hand RE6 has some good parts.

On the other I'm onboard for another REmake style game so this isn' t a bad thing.

Effectively this. RE6 was really fun, but the old style REmake stuff was extremely fun too so I'm okay with this going either way.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

Geight posted:

I feel like RE2-make could have been a REmake-style redux with improved graphics and tuned gameplay or it could have been an RE6-style Leon Beats Up Everyone and I would be happy either way

Jia posted:

Effectively this. RE6 was really fun, but the old style REmake stuff was extremely fun too so I'm okay with this going either way.

Yes. This and this is exactly how I feel as well.

Part of me wishes that the new RE games weren't just action games because I miss the old survival horror games. Another part of me knows that those games are old and wouldn't necessarily sell these days. Neither style is inherently bad.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Noooo what, exactly?

RE6 has, hands down, the best gameplay in the series. It just does a bad job of telling you how to do it and has poo poo level design in which to display it.

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008
I like dodging a zombie's melee swing, grabbing its weapon, and then instantly counter-killing it.

No, not even being ironic or sarcastic or anything. It may be stupid, but drat if it doesn't feel rewarding every single time I pull it off. Same with the melee counter on Bloodshot leap attacks.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Levantine posted:

RE6 has, hands down, the best gameplay in the series. It just does a bad job of telling you how to do it and has poo poo level design in which to display it.

The camera never fuckin sits still though and that ruins it for me. That game can not go 1 second without some amount of Shaky Realistic Camera loving up your aim or the cutscenes.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Backhand posted:

I like dodging a zombie's melee swing, grabbing its weapon, and then instantly counter-killing it.

No, not even being ironic or sarcastic or anything. It may be stupid, but drat if it doesn't feel rewarding every single time I pull it off. Same with the melee counter on Bloodshot leap attacks.

I admit, it IS loving badass.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
Some kind of total conversion mod for the PC version of RE6 where you're mostly left alone to accomplish some simple goal (escape a building, get to a location) and can really crack into the combat system would be pretty amazing.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Levantine posted:

If you like really lovely brawlers I guess.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'd rather have a Resi 2 remake be like Resi 2 to be honest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Resident Evil 2 - VR Edition

I want to see every bead of sweat on Chief Irons face.