Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Astrofig posted:

Awww, Maze.....hopefully your next friend can legally drink.

Though I do wonder if she would actually have let the child drink that Scotch.

That kid was going for it before the mom snatched it away.

We need a combination of :allears: and :devil: for this show sometimes :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

toe knee hand posted:

Some amazing Mazikeen moments in that episode.

Yeah, I'm starting to not hate her.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Lucifer: It's Amazikeen!

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Man Dan sure got his rear end kicked by a guy who had both hands tied behind his back. Also I laughed at him messing up Dan trying to get back together with his wife.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Nah, dude cuffed himself in front. Still a douche though.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Nah, dude cuffed himself in front. Still a douche though.

This, and it's why LEOs are generally taught to cuff people's hands behind their back.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Shooting Blanks posted:

This, and it's why LEOs are generally taught to cuff people's hands behind their back.

Yeah, during that scene I was thinking "Wait, you're letting him put keep his hands in front of him? That's really dumb and not how you're supposed to do it." and then turns out yep, it was really dumb. Dan is bad at his job.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I really enjoyed this one. Lucifer recognizing the parallels to the parable and still completely, unabashedly ignoring the message was pretty great. Maze was pretty entertaining, too, as has been stated.

And yeah, if Dan was as good at his job as he was at covering up corruption that lead to the attempted murder of a police officer, none of this would have ever happened.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
So did Lucifer get hurt by the fire because he was carrying Chloe?

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

The Lord Bude posted:

I was very confused by that whole scene. At first it seemed like was able to carry her through the inferno because, you know, he's Lucifer. But then it shows he was injured, so like...?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
I laughed for a solid ten minutes at the dinner scene and the absurdity of it all.

Loving this show.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
Requesting Maze and Trixie spin-off. :allears:

Have them get an apartment together, Odd Couple style

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Tiggum posted:

Yeah, during that scene I was thinking "Wait, you're letting him put keep his hands in front of him? That's really dumb and not how you're supposed to do it." and then turns out yep, it was really dumb. Dan is bad at his job.

Is Dan now being held captive by resurrection cop? Because that doesn't seem like a good play by resurrection cop. I thought he was maybe loving over Dan and Chloe to follow her to Lucifer. Apparently he was just being a giant douche. Dude's definitely going back to hell for fake texting on the guy he just choked out's phone. God is totally against playing on other people's phones.

The Lord Bude posted:

It has to have something to do with Chloe. Otherwise he'd be way more burned casually carrying her through a near fully engulfed restaurant blaze. Right forearm should probably have been among the least burned parts after his fire walk.

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

If this whole season ends with him becoming a regular mortal dude with a ridiculous vanity problem and the ability to persuade people to speak their secrets and desires, does the show still have any attraction?

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Gyges posted:

Is Dan now being held captive by resurrection cop? Because that doesn't seem like a good play by resurrection cop. I thought he was maybe loving over Dan and Chloe to follow her to Lucifer. Apparently he was just being a giant douche. Dude's definitely going back to hell for fake texting on the guy he just choked out's phone. God is totally against playing on other people's phones.

It has to have something to do with Chloe. Otherwise he'd be way more burned casually carrying her through a near fully engulfed restaurant blaze. Right forearm should probably have been among the least burned parts after his fire walk.

Maybe it's not that Lucifer is vulnerable at all, but that God is preventing Lucifer from proving to Chloe who he is. When lucifer asks her to shoot him, he is wounded. He heals fine in like, hours. When he carries her through an inferno, it is not completely unscathed. It's not that Lucifer is becoming mortal, but that he must earn Chloe's trust. She is, after all, a test for him. He can't read her and he can't just demonstrate who he is.

In some ways, Lucifer:chloe::God:Lucifer.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

hatelull posted:

If this whole season ends with him becoming a regular mortal dude with a ridiculous vanity problem and the ability to persuade people to speak their secrets and desires, does the show still have any attraction?

That's pretty much what it already is now, so yeah?

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Tiggum posted:

That's pretty much what it already is now, so yeah?

Except he still has super strength, assumes a demonic form occasionally and has a lighter.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Except he still has super strength, assumes a demonic form occasionally and has a lighter.

And a coin. Don't forget the coin!

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I have a feeling the coin is going to come into play in the next episode since we are getting into the whole "cop back from hell and set on killing Lucifer" plot.

I was actually really sad to find out it was only a half season. I dunno why but I thought we'd end up with an entire 22/23 episode run.

Here's hoping Matt Ryan can cameo in one of season 2's episodes. No need for lines or anything, just him having a drink at the bar in Lux would be amazing.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

Which injury did Amadiel witness? I'm trying to remember but I can't offhand. How does he know Lucifer can even die?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Lucifer straight up told him about his mortality in the wings episode.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

Thank you, was thinking about the couple times he was actually injured

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Lucifer straight up told him about his mortality in the wings episode.

Yeah and then Amadiel said "oh, so I just have to wait for a mortal to go kill you. Excellent."

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

?"Mr.Pibbleton" posted:

Wasn't the super strength episode the one that was shown out of order? It was the third or fourth episode but is supposed to be the 12th or something?

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

We've seen super strength at least twice. The sports agent and the priest killer.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Ya sports agent was out of order episode that was really episode 10. Priest was later. So either way he still has his str.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009

odiv posted:

We've seen super strength at least twice. The sports agent and the priest killer.

And the guy who stole his wings----dude struggled to lug a heavy oil drum over in front of the door; Lucifer effortlessly slammed said door open one-handed and sent the drum flying.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Don't forget, his wings are not totally gone. Maze still has a feather. that may be all that it takes.

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
title stolen for lf posting

VendaGoat posted:

Don't forget, his wings are not totally gone. Maze still has a feather. that may be all that it takes.

Totally different story (like this show has almost NOTHING to do with the comic so far) but a feather makes enough of a link to the creation-idea/word of the wings to matter in the comics.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

His wings also aren't totally gone because he burned the replicas.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

odiv posted:

Maybe he burned one real wing and one replica, just because.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

odiv posted:

Where'd Maze get the feather then?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
I'm outraged! OUTRAGED I SAY! That a show is good enough to make us all want to keep watching it. :colbert:

So outraged.

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
title stolen for lf posting

VendaGoat posted:

I'm outraged! OUTRAGED I SAY!

So outraged.
Youre looking for the The 100 thread.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Zebulon posted:

Maze and the kid was almost adorable in how flippant it was.

That is the sort of humor I want more of and that I haven't seen as much of since the pilot. With Lucifer doing things like telling Trixie to ask her mother what a hooker was, or forcing people to admit they're not marrying someone for anything but their money.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
What happened to Lou this week?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

counterfeitsaint posted:

What happened to Lou this week?

On break.

Next three weeks. april 25th is the finale.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Here's a weird idea and please, here me out: what if you just showed an episode every week instead of not for no reason.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

VendaGoat posted:

On break.

Next three weeks. april 25th is the finale.

Oh come on!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

zoux posted:

Here's a weird idea and please, here me out: what if you just showed an episode every week instead of not for no reason.

Heresy!

• Locked thread