Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

This is not my yard. I do not have a yard, but this is a yard near where I live.

I would like to get permission to repair this yard over the summer. There are many dead branches all over the place and part of a tree fell on top of a power cable during a windstorm back in the fall and I had to notify the power company to remove it because it could have been a hazard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Nessa posted:

This is not my yard. I do not have a yard, but this is a yard near where I live.

I would like to get permission to repair this yard over the summer. There are many dead branches all over the place and part of a tree fell on top of a power cable during a windstorm back in the fall and I had to notify the power company to remove it because it could have been a hazard.

is this that old lady's house?

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Microwaves Mom posted:

is this that old lady's house?

Yup. I hope to go visit her again when I am done classes at the end of April. Hopefully, she will still be alive, since she turned 99 recently.

I really miss having a private outdoor space to hang out in during the summer and I legit enjoy doing yard work. I would like to plant some veggies and flowers and fill the bird feeders. It would be a fun thing to do.

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

I was about to say, I recognize that yard from your old thread. I'm looking to see if I have pics of my yard anywhere in the cloud

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

CloFan posted:

I was about to say, I recognize that yard from your old thread. I'm looking to see if I have pics of my yard anywhere in the cloud

If I do end up fixing up the yard, I will revive that old thread.

I found a couple unopened condoms in the grass beside the shed when I took some pictures the other day. At least that's better than finding opened condoms. :/

haris pilton
Sep 4, 2014
My milkshake yadda yadda yadda

Robot Made of Meat
Oct 16, 2015

Minimalist Program posted:

Here's a picture of the main patio, which is directly in front of the yard, and which is where I usually stand when I attempt to photograph the yard.

Very nice patio.

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

Found some! You can see my property line by where I mowed, I need to build a fence. Maybe if I just hit it with a rake a fence will pop up?

Bonus shot of me not using my firepit:

(don't mind the neighbor's eyesore un-moving suv)

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
Some drat good yard pics on this page.

CloFan posted:

Found some! You can see my property line by where I mowed, I need to build a fence. Maybe if I just hit it with a rake a fence will pop up?

You would need an extremely powerful rake...

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

Yard mowed then beat down with rakes.

Mower old.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

sporklift posted:

Yard mowed then beat down with rakes.

Mower old.

That's a powerful rake.

Yard update: my kid and I found a mouse. He lives in a hole under one of the trees. We've seen him two days in a row and she's calling him "her mouse" ::3:

Tangentiel yard-like update. While my house is not a yard (it's a house), I've just spent 3 hours trying to figure out how to get my underfloor heating back online since the entire house suddenly lost heating today and it turned out that for some reason the microcontroller controlling all the valves had rebooted or something, and none of the valves, there were like 10, were marked so I had to trace them and sort of experiment and it was hard work and my wife wouldn't let me hit the hardwood floors with my rake, which would have solved the problem.

e: how the hell do you use that POS mower to accomplish anything, mine has more horse power than my freaking car and I can barely bring myself to actually mow anything.

Minimalist Program fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Apr 6, 2016

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
here's a picture of a flower I took a picture of today.

tomorrow I'm going to take a picture of my rake, and my kid's kid-size rake.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
something fell in my yard

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
but i always get revenge

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Hot Karl Marx posted:

something fell in my yard

Jesus christ what kind of rake did you hit that tree with to make it do that.

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
Put all the wood from that tree in your inventory and smack that fence with your rake to fix it

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

I pushed a tree over with a gigantic rake today: https://goo.gl/photos/p8MBoVHZ4AakGcNQ8
Ok maybe it was a bobcat

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

CloFan posted:

I pushed a tree over with a gigantic rake today: https://goo.gl/photos/p8MBoVHZ4AakGcNQ8
Ok maybe it was a bobcat

you pushed over a bobcat with a gigantic rake?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fasdar
Sep 1, 2001

Everybody loves dancing!
drat I wish people didn't have an aversion to dandelions. My neighbor keeps offering to put weedkiller on my lawn because, while regularly mowed, it has a lot of dandelions with extreme taproots from before we moved in. I don't get it. Dandelions are good for pretty much everything around them, and in dry areas help to cover bare ground and soils to hold water. What, really, is the goddamn deal? They don't even hurt to step on barefoot. You can eat them.

Basically, what I'm saying is that lawns should be illegal west of the Missouri river.

• Locked thread