Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Sickening posted:

I hate to shatter your illusions but if you never posted on SA ever again this thread would still exist and just as much information would end up in it.

Actually, it would probably have less blue balls.

But no one would have ever made a Line of Defense thread so that's a kind of tragedy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

Eonwe posted:

anime, is in fact, good

It is indeed. And not just the stuff with giant robots or catgirls or whatnot.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

D_Smart posted:

LOL!! I guess you forgot my method of reading posts, then? :D :D

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

D_Smart posted:

In fairness to others, I have to re-think my position.

So new rules. For every loving Ryan Archer post, which means 1 day of my not posting AND skipping pages, I want to see at least 4 non-RA posts. So that's a good ratio and it means that I won't miss that many pages.

But seriously, unlike my reading every page religiously, if this RA bullshit continues, even with the above ratio, it just means a lot of skipped pages containing stuff directed at me; and which will never get replies.

ps. E.L.E. in-bound

Perhaps you'll use that time wisely, e.g. actually reading posts and then not flying off the handle and insulting people are agreeing with you, you gigantic baby

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

D_Smart posted:

So new rules. For every loving Ryan Archer post, which means 1 day of my not posting AND skipping pages, I want to see at least 4 non-RA posts. So that's a good ratio and it means that I won't miss that many pages.

But seriously, unlike my reading every page religiously, if this RA bullshit continues, even with the above ratio, it just means a lot of skipped pages containing stuff directed at me; and which will never get replies.

ps. E.L.E. in-bound

Oh, wait. I get what you meant now.

Man, gently caress you don't have to read the whole loving thread. What are you, a goon?

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Dusty Lens posted:

But no one would have ever made a Line of Defense thread so that's a kind of tragedy.

Link? For some reason its not on the front page of Games.

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

Dusty Lens posted:

I'm really looking forward to reading about this on r/dereksmart

e; ryan archer

oops.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

b/c still relevant

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Eonwe posted:

anime, is in fact, good

I have to agree on this. My kids were watching One Punch Man on Hulu awhile back, and after catching an episode or two with them, I was sold. I felt like a kid again. Incredibly fun watch.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

D_Smart posted:

ps. E.L.E. in-bound

G0RF fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Aug 2, 2016

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

Coke machine line of defense ryan archer small hands

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Ryan Archer Ryan Archer Ryan Archer

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

D_Smart posted:

I am on p2788.

When I get to the current last page (2798) that I am on now, for every loving Ryan Archer post that I see, I won't post for 1 day. e.g. if I see 10 posts after p2798, that's 10 days that I won't post.

And when I do come back, I will start reading from page count + number of days. Which means that every thing that came before, I will neither read, nor respond to.

So yeah, you loving idiots need to stop with this Ryan Archer poo poo and go create another thread for it.

That is all.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Settle down, BeavisDerek

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

D_Smart posted:

ps. E.L.E. in-bound

shut the gently caress up

RYAN ARCHER

Edit: Two weeks. See my July blog for details.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
this is gonna be a good AtV. I can feel it in my bones.

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

A Neurotic Jew posted:

this is gonna be a good AtV. I can feel it in my bones.

Something something damage control...

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

Is Ryan Archer a mole for derek smart????

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Crazy_BlackParrot posted:

Something something damage control...

I wonder if they're going to be walking back Croberts crazy rantings from yesterday.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

nopantsjack posted:

Link? For some reason its not on the front page of Games.

I looked on page 1 and page 2 and no sign, maybe the mods know :confused:

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away
Link to where the stream will appear?

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Sillybones posted:

3 DAYS.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Sillybones posted:

its not a stream, its a pre-recorded youtube they put to their channel.

trust me, it will be linked soon after they post it.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

D_Smart posted:

I am on p2788.

When I get to the current last page (2798) that I am on now, for every loving Ryan Archer post that I see, I won't post for 1 day. e.g. if I see 10 posts after p2798, that's 10 days that I won't post.

And when I do come back, I will start reading from page count + number of days. Which means that every thing that came before, I will neither read, nor respond to.

So yeah, you loving idiots need to stop with this Ryan Archer poo poo and go create another thread for it.

That is all.

You don't understand forum comedy development. You might have created the thread, but you have not tended the front page post during all this, so you cannot really dictate how the content within develops.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

D_Smart posted:

You're not very bright are you? Your post just helped the ratio quota.

If it's somehow not obvious to you, demanding the thread do your bidding is really loving insufferable. You're the one making GBS threads up the thread, Ryan Archer isn't

For fucksakes Derek get over yourself or get the gently caress out

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Ragequit posted:

I have to agree on this. My kids were watching One Punch Man on Hulu awhile back, and after catching an episode or two with them, I was sold. I felt like a kid again. Incredibly fun watch.

OPM is awesome

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Sillybones posted:

You can't prove you haven't beaten up a vending machine. That isn't how this works.

If you actually read the article, you'd know that the mag that original printed it, issued a retraction as a result of them speaking to people who were there and who said it never happened.

So yeah, that's totally how that works. This is the part where you pay close attention: I never said that I had proven it. Here is what I said. Read it. This time, slowly.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3748466&pagenumber=2792&perpage=40#post458103288

quote:

No, it's false. Has been proven to be false. But that's the thing with stuff on the Internet: morons cling to them

http://www.dereksmart.org/2015/07/t...g-urban-legend/
ps: Hey Ben is that you? Or is it Jared?

pps: Yes, I know you're associated with Star Citizen in some form. More soon. Two Weeks.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

Mr.Tophat posted:

You don't understand forum comedy development. You might have created the thread, but you have not tended the front page post during all this, so you cannot really dictate how the content within develops.

I would also like to lodge a complaint regarding the shameful handling of the thread title.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

AtV late

:rip:

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Eonwe posted:

OPM is awesome

Did you check Code Geass yet?
Or Psychopass?

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Daztek posted:

AtV late

didn't you get the memo? Budget cuts man.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

A Neurotic Jew posted:

its not a stream, its a pre-recorded youtube they put to their channel.

trust me, it will be linked soon after they post it.
We get Erin pt 2 today right?

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

D_Smart posted:

So new rules.

If you're going to throw down rules, then update the OP

Or do the goon-de-yadda

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

Dusty Lens posted:

I would also like to lodge a complaint regarding the shameful handling of the thread title.

I would like to lodge a complaint about nobody commenting on my cattes or recipes.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

D_Smart posted:

If you actually read the article, you'd know that the mag that original printed it, issued a retraction as a result of them speaking to people who were there and who said it never happened.

So yeah, that's totally how that works. This is the part where you pay close attention: I never said that I had proven it. Here is what I said. Read it. This time, slowly.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3748466&pagenumber=2792&perpage=40#post458103288

pps: Yes, I know you're associated with Star Citizen in some form. More soon. Two Weeks.

:wtc:

LeafHouse
Apr 22, 2008

That's what you get for not hailing to the chimp!

Sillybones posted:

I just PUNCHED as loving pepsi salesman fUCKER loook at me like that fyuck you!!

I have no idea what this means but it made my laugh my rear end off Ryan Archer

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Daztek posted:

AtV late

Scraping the funds together to get electricity restored.

Chickenfrogman
Sep 16, 2011

by exmarx
At long last, the Derek Smart meltdown that was promised.

Ryan Archer.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

D_Smart posted:

Nobody thinks you actually beat up a Coke machine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

There is a chance that Derek might not read your post!!!!!!!!!!

• Locked thread