Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bare bottom pancakes

Production: Complete
Man and here I already threw away my lurker card.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FluffieDuckie

timing is everything

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

MrWillsauce

I prefer to do my lurking IRL

Absurd Alhazred

by Athanatos
I got tired of the stupid useless GWX process running in the background, have heard enough horror stories about it, and clearly don't have the hardware for it; also I don't like where MS is going with interfaces (not every computer is a tablet!). So I am going to stick with Windows 7. If they stop supporting it, I will install Linux on this bad boy, too.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Robot Made of Meat

Lizard Wizard posted:

hey guys should i upgrade to windows 10 i've been thinkin about it

It's hateful and terrible, but we have little choice.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

FluffieDuckie

Robot Made of Meat posted:

we have little choice.

this is totally my attitude about these things. my computer just keeps nagging me and nagging me until i push the right button so really resistance is futile

lmbo calrissian

i'm into fashion
men are my passion

FluffieDuckie posted:

this is totally my attitude about these things. my computer just keeps nagging me and nagging me until i push the right button so really resistance is futile

you get arrested, truss me

Planet Idiot

dang
hi i heard byob was back

Robot Made of Meat

Hi Planet Idiot! Welcome (back)!

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

alnilam

hi planet idiot!

City of Glompton

Planet Idiot posted:

hi i heard byob was back

hi guy, I like your av. how is your dog?

Planet Idiot

dang

City of Glompton posted:

hi guy, I like your av. how is your dog?

he is a cat now

FluffieDuckie

hi planet idiot :wave:

can we see a picture of your catdog?

FAT32 SHAMER

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I got tired of the stupid useless GWX process running in the background, have heard enough horror stories about it, and clearly don't have the hardware for it; also I don't like where MS is going with interfaces (not every computer is a tablet!). So I am going to stick with Windows 7. If they stop supporting it, I will install Linux on this bad boy, too.

have you considered using OS X 10.10?

it's really good

alnilam

Actually it's a well established fact that linux is/are the only worthwhile os

FAT32 SHAMER

open sores are bad

Absurd Alhazred

by Athanatos

Tusen Takk posted:

have you considered using OS X 10.10?

it's really good

I doubt it's going to run well on this aging hardware, and seems like getting it requires having a Mac of your own. Plus I really, really hate the Mac interface. I can't believe it's 2016 and they still haven't done mouse buttons properly.

----------------

FAT32 SHAMER

if you use a Magic Mouse it's like a touch screen with multi touch and if you use a MacBook it is a touch screen with 3D Touch and multi touch

Absurd Alhazred

by Athanatos

Tusen Takk posted:

if you use a Magic Mouse it's like a touch screen with multi touch and if you use a MacBook it is a touch screen with 3D Touch and multi touch

And if you use a mouse with two distinct buttons and a scroll wheel in the middle, pretty much the standard for any modern PC, you don't find yourself repeatedly "right-clicking" when you distinctly wanted to left-click, a recurring problem with demoing games.

----------------

the unabonger
i dont think ive ever had a problem right or left clicking on a mac

drilldo squirt

a beautiful, soft meat sack
I have, PC is the superior gaming platform. Deal with it art nerds.

----------------

FAT32 SHAMER

I use my Mac for coding and my windows for gaming

only because I learned UNIX and having the command line feature in android studio rules

and you can only write iOS apps on Mac

so

Piso Mojado

your operating system is a piece of poo poo

Piso Mojado

I don't understand why ppl like coding on macs. it's equally as bad if not worse than windows. like what's the point of having a Bash cli that doest support apt.

drilldo squirt

It's baffling.

----------------

Piso Mojado

I don't even use an OS and just precisely poke my hard disk with magnetic needles like a real dev.

drilldo squirt

Piso Mojado posted:

I don't even use an OS and just precisely poke my hard disk with magnetic needles like a real dev.
Just lmbo if you don't keep everything in a series of dip switches.

----------------

mags

I am a congenital optimist.
tfw you write to memory and forget it's little endian

paul_soccer12 posted:

everyone in the idf must die

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)
alnilam

Piso Mojado posted:

City of Glompton

this thread inspired me to try stuff to make windows 10 install, and guess what? another byob success story.

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

splat you can write an epic about me if you want

you know, if no lurkers show up

or if you want to or whatever

hi how are you ♥

FluffieDuckie

hey we already snagged 1. keep the faith

mags

I am a congenital optimist.
Enjoy your botnet OS, losers

Posted from Windows 10

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Planet Idiot posted:

hi i heard byob was back

There's one!

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

splat you can write an epic about me if you want

you know, if no lurkers show up

or if you want to or whatever

You can be a guest hero!

We only need 2 more lurkers to pop in and get in on some sweet Epic Saga poetry!

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Yobgoblin

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Planet Idiot posted:

hi i heard byob was back

hi! welcome back, planet idiot!

----------------

MrWillsauce

hello yes I am a lorker

FAT32 SHAMER

Piso Mojado posted:

I don't understand why ppl like coding on macs. it's equally as bad if not worse than windows. like what's the point of having a Bash cli that doest support apt.

1) professors at least in my uni do everything in unix and they wanted us doing it all by sshing into the uni's unix server for the first year so we can get used to working in that kind of environment and it's annoying to do in putty from windows

2) MacBooks are super nice and high quality and last forever so it has great value

3) i work for apple so i got a $2000 mbp for $850 so that was pretty much the deal breaker lol

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Splatmaster posted:

There's one!

You can be a guest hero!

We only need 2 more lurkers to pop in and get in on some sweet Epic Saga poetry!

when i was a child i heard the elders tell stories of the mythical isiah who was known for his heroism and death in the great wars. the last piece of his body was kept by monks who worshiped him and made him a saint

lmbo calrissian

i'm into fashion
men are my passion
my computer auto tried to update to windows 10 last night and it seemed stuck on 5% for over an hour so i hard reset it and postponed it.

ok but for those of us that dont code and make less than $15/hr we can all agree mac is the better os for just pimpin around right (i cant afford one)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piso Mojado

Tusen Takk posted:

1) professors at least in my uni do everything in unix and they wanted us doing it all by sshing into the uni's unix server for the first year so we can get used to working in that kind of environment and it's annoying to do in putty from windows

2) MacBooks are super nice and high quality and last forever so it has great value

3) i work for apple so i got a $2000 mbp for $850 so that was pretty much the deal breaker lol

1. good, and :agreed:
2. lol
3. lol x2

but this is all just like, my opinion man.