Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Stumped

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

MG3 posted:

That's lame. Also please remember to unvote when you vote because votefinder is broken

##unvote
[b[##vote Jedit[/b]

My bad.

And I would argue that anyone who doesn't want to be lurker lynched is welcome to actually make cases and play mafia. In the meantime, there's a realistic possibility that lurkers aren't posting because they're scum.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Jedit's posted nothing of any substance so I'm happier lynching him D1 than someone claiming something.

##unvote
##vote Jedit

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

##vote Jedit

:bang:

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
##vote jedit

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

imgay posted:

i rather lynch of super lurker than a possible pr
##vote jedit

:agreed:

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Holy poo poo, I didn't expect this twist tonight: https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

When you have a Hammer, everything looks like a nail.

iajanus posted:

Jedit's posted nothing of any substance so I'm happier lynching him D1 than someone claiming something.

##unvote
##vote Jedit

welp this is gonna be a town lynch

##vote Jedit

i hope we learn a lesson from this :bahgawd:

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Come on guys.

How long until deadline?

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

imgay being a redditor who frequents r/4chan and r/The_Donald is perhaps the least surprising thing

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

MG3 posted:

Come on guys.

How long until deadline?

Half-hour. MT is the puppetmaster and the animes are her puppets, but anything's better than a no-lynch.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Any chance of getting a votecount?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Barehanded Brother posted:

Half-hour. MT is the puppetmaster and the animes are her puppets, but anything's better than a no-lynch.

Don't let me stop you from making a better case!

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

iajanus posted:

Any chance of getting a votecount?

You might be able to do it. I'm on a phone and cannot. I am voting infinitum

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

##vote jedit

I'm out from now guys.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
Edit^^^

To my last count, 7 on jedit. Feel free to correct me, I just went through and counted usernames.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Jedit's death, while tragic, probably saved lives.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

BottleKnight posted:

Jedit's death, while tragic, probably saved lives.

Still need one more big boy.

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

##unvote infinitum
##vote jedit

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

MG3 posted:

##unvote infinitum
##vote jedit

23 min left boys. Will Jedit arrive in time to defend themselves? WHO KNOWS?!

Revolver Anidav
Feb 12, 2016

"Diamond Dogs? They're pretty good...

But they've got nothing on my doooooooooooooooog...."
If there's no hammer we still need to keep the votes on him until overtime ends?

##vote Jedit

I guess a jailer claim is easier to prove than a nurse.

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

Murmur Twin posted:

I did, it was on iajanus, and you ignored it. It was even getting traction until we decided on Infinitum, who then claimed and then everyone forgot about him because apparently he posts like Scumposting 101 in every game regardless of alignment.

How will he learn unless he gets lynched for posting nothing but:

iajanus posted:

Jesus, you guys get up early...

no content

iajanus posted:

I'm still readjusting to AEST so 7am feels like 2 in the morning :'(

and Kash I joined at the last minute, almost literally.

no content, woe is me

iajanus posted:

OK, I'm just putting it on the record that I love this flavour.

no content, buddying with the mod

iajanus posted:

From reading the wiki I have no idea. I understand what the role does, but not why you'd want to claim it now. I don't see how we get any help from it.

I haven't played with a miller before - can we assume that if a miller is in the game a) there's a cop,and b) the miller is town (since it makes no sense to have a scum one) ? Or am I misunderstanding how it theoretically works?

"look how helpful i am! but maybe i don't get it :downs:"

iajanus posted:

Can you expand on when you're able to?

"what a helpful question i am asking! (that i will never actually follow up on because i don't really care about the answer)"

iajanus posted:

Infinitum isn't that new to mafia, and has played pretty well in previous games as both scum and town. From D1 posting I'm not sure if his posting means anything yet but I'm worried he's trying to push towards imgay or Kash under the guise of jokephase. Hard to tell at this point. I'll vote him to avoid no-lynch which at this stage just helps scum, and then at least we get some information for tomorrow.

##vote infinitum

A safe bandwagon vote which has more hedges than the gardens at Versailles

iajanus posted:

As for thoughts on bk, I don't think he's been particularly suss so far.

and no, MG3, not guilty. Just the usual D1 annoyance at not really having any decent information to work from yet.

"there's no information D1 guys what a rough time i'm having"

iajanus posted:

I think I've only played with a jailer once and they were scum.

never played with a miller(?!) but have played with a scum jailer. OK maybe SA mafia has changed but really??

iajanus posted:

##unvote
##vote Jedit

:ironicat:

Is that enough of a case for you MT?

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

I mean just hit the ? under his av and tell me about the world in which a town poster types that series of words in a Mafia game

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

Obviously the lynch isn't happening today and I'm okay with the case being tabled for tomorrow but MT if you genuinely think I'm scum then theoretically you've read my posts and it doesn't look like you have.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Is that enough of a case for you MT?

I get more of a "new" impression than a "scummy" one on iajanus, and more of a "lurking scum" than "distracted town" impression on Jedit. Apparently I wasn't the only one.

Admittedly I'm suspicious at how easy people moved off iajanus to Jedit but that's information for town regardless.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

10 minutes left, I am gonna be on the road, but I have my phone charged, so I should be able to lock thread when I am out and about.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Obviously the lynch isn't happening today and I'm okay with the case being tabled for tomorrow but MT if you genuinely think I'm scum then theoretically you've read my posts and it doesn't look like you have.

Of you and iajanus I find the nature of your case (that you seem so sure of it) to be more suspicious than the content itself - but we can save that conversation for D2 if we're both still here.

Revolver Anidav
Feb 12, 2016

"Diamond Dogs? They're pretty good...

But they've got nothing on my doooooooooooooooog...."

Murmur Twin posted:

I get more of a "new" impression than a "scummy" one on iajanus,

This also sounds exactly what happened in the last game when iajanus was scum.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Fair enough, having not seen any other games he's in I can only really base my impressions on what I see here.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

I get told that every game I play (I think I'm on game 5 or so now?). I'm trying to post better but every single game I get told this about my style. Anyone I've played more than one game with should be able to comment on my general posting style.

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

Murmur Twin posted:

Murmur Twin posted:

Of you and iajanus I find the nature of your case (that you seem so sure of it) to be more suspicious than the content itself - but we can save that conversation for D2 if we're both still here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chilling_effect

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

With 8 to lynch, Jedit Vanilla Town has been hung.

As the day began to close to an end, the wagons were drawn together to create a makeshift campgrounds. Many of the group were discussing the day they are leaving behind them. There was a lot of time spent discussing the relationship between Imgay and Kashuno. Especially with all the discussion of a will, but it was eventually put to rest when Imgay let the past stay in the past. At some point, the conversation turned towards the man named Infinitum. A self proclaimed trader, many doubted his claim and decided that he must in fact be one of the many people attempting to ruin their expedition into the west.

Night began to close in over the plains and it brought with it uncertainty for the day ahead. Especially now that they were no closer to discovering the defectors amongst them. A decision was made forage for firewood, and have this discussion into the night to try and weed out those that would stop there goal. After the fire was relight a decision was made. They must leave Jedit as food for the vultures. His refusal to discuss the events that transpired through out the day put a foul taste in there mouth.

It was only after they drew around his hanging body, the sickness rising in there gullets that they truly learned the error of there decision. Perhaps, the next day will bring better results, but for now sleep will be uneasy with the threat looming over all of there heads.

Night begins, Please have all Night actions in before 12:00 PM Pacific Standard time, which will mark the start of day 2.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Vanilla Town Wins32767 With his death there are 13 left, 7 votes required to kill.

After the hanging of Jedit had everyone on edge, the discovery of Wins32767's body in the morning did little to calm their nerves. His throat had been ripped clean from his body, and large bites were taken out of his flesh. Someone had killed him and left his body for the coyotes that were constantly trolling the perimeter of their camp, pushing their boundaries anytime a fresh morsel leaves the safety of the wagon train. Despite this tragedy, and the fact that it was obviously a murder they continued on. Packing their belongings in the morning after a light breakfast of tack, and dried meat. To much had been left behind for them to stop even for a moment to pause and reflect so instead of a proper burial, a marker was erected in his memory and his body was left unburied, a meal for the scavengers that prowl the plains even during the day.

JimsonTheBetrayer fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Apr 2, 2016

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

drat why kill wins

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
isn't wins like coming back after a huge hiatus? hosed up.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
also WHAT THE ACTUAL gently caress TOWN. I loving go to bed and you idiots lynch town. Are you loving kidding me ##vote infinitum

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

now that reads like fake outrage

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
it's not. It's loving stupid that you guys were incapable of lynching infinitum because of some jailor claim. Like no one found the switch off that sus as gently caress? come on.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
That literally he waited until "overtime" to claim?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Kashuno posted:

That literally he waited until "overtime" to claim?

is this your only reason to not believe the claim?

• Locked thread