Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

Kammat posted:

Okay, I thought he just caught his hand a bit, didn't expect THAT to be his escape plan.

Snart went a little coyote on us. Can't wait for the cybernetic hand/arm that has the cold gun built into it, now.

Edit: Aaaaw. No awesome coldgun cybernetic hand/arm for Snart. Just a deus ex machina hand regeneration.

Zebulon fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Apr 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

Zebulon posted:

Snart went a little coyote on us. Can't wait for the cybernetic hand/arm that has the cold gun built into it, now.

Edit: Aaaaw. No awesome coldgun cybernetic hand/arm for Snart. Just a deus ex machina hand regeneration.

Maybe he'll keep freezing his hand off until Rip builds him a cyberarm already.

Tonight's episode was fun as hell, though. With Arrow still getting dragged down by Felicity crap and Flash getting too lovely to bother even catching up on, I'm happy with what I'm getting from this show.

tin can made man
Apr 13, 2005

why don't you ask him
about his penis
every day at lunch, Chronos would walk by Rip's table in the time cafeteria and knock his tray to the ground and now he finally understands why

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
God drat that was fun! Also hilarious how the first half of the episode was life once again making GBS threads on Ray. It's cool they're still together, though, I think they have honest chemistry.

Also I like how even Kendra acknowledged what a loving creepy jerk Carter was. :allears:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Haha no wonder Ra's didn't want his daughter boning Sarah, she already abandoned the League once.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Maxwell Lord posted:

Oh God is that li'l Thalia

That sorta begs the question as to what happened to her unless Nyssa killed her or Talia went rogue and headed to Gotham or something.

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.
This was the best episode of the series yet.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Xelkelvos posted:

That sorta begs the question as to what happened to her unless Nyssa killed her or Talia went rogue and headed to Gotham or something.

Sadly, she died during the Embargo on Infinite Earths and no one except Psycho Pirate remembers her.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Xelkelvos posted:

Trying to bang some Detective in Gotham but striking out cuz she don't wear purple leather and steals jewels.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Ugh I missed the second half 'cuz I had to watch a baby but goddamn this was a great ep. That action sequence was top tier as well.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Zebulon posted:

So disappointed he didn't get a cool icebeam firing hand.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
An actual solid episode. Some good action. Gloomy sad gently caress Ray worked because it felt like natural emotions. Sarah's "time amnesia" was goofy as gently caress but whatever. I was willing to accept that the league just brainwashes people like it seemed to try to do to Oliver.

"Time sickness" being completely arbitrary is just comic relief anyway.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So I guess the cold gun is working properly again.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
I loved how insanely chill Ra's was when Chronos stormed the lair. He clearly did not give a gently caress at seeing super-tech and the nuclear man.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"Negotiations were going well. They were very impressed by my hat." -Issaries the Concilliator"

Xelkelvos posted:

Talia is a little girl in 1960:s, so she would be around 60 year old in 2015.

So she's in a Ra's Al'Retirement Home maybe?

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
So shall I be the first to say that Snart probably shoulda froze the pole instead?

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

He was probably aiming for the pole, but only being able to use his legs to aim the gun probably meant he couldn't be very accurate.

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

official yospos cat censor

adhuin posted:

Talia is a little girl in 1960:s, so she would be around 60 year old in 2015.

So she's in a Ra's Al'Retirement Home maybe?

You forget about the pit, she does use it just not as much as ra's

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Binary Badger posted:

He was probably aiming for the pole, but only being able to use his legs to aim the gun probably meant he couldn't be very accurate.
This is clearly not the case. It's obvious that he plans to shatter his hand.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
I thought he was going for the handcuff itself, but whether it was an accident or not, obviously they always planned for the hand thing.

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe
That was a pretty good episode with a nice, understated performance by Caity Lotz, who usually feels like the weakest link in the cast to me.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

shadok posted:

That was a pretty good episode with a nice, understated performance by Caity Lotz, who usually feels like the weakest link in the cast to me.
I'm not convinced she's a bad actress, this version of Hawkgirl just sucks and they've never given her anything to do.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

FactsAreUseless posted:

I'm not convinced she's a bad actress, this version of Hawkgirl just sucks and they've never given her anything to do.

Caity Lotz is White Canary.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

GreenNight posted:

Caity Lotz is White Canary.
Oh. Nevermind.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Burning_Monk posted:

An actual solid episode.

It really helps that it had nothing to do with Vandal Savage.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
This episode was the first time I noticed that Hawkgirl's actress has freckles.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
Once again, the team proves to be way more dangerous and threating to themselves than Vandal Savage ever was.

This is the best comic show for me this year. :allears:

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
It's really pretty consistently fun compared to at least Flash and Arrow this season, Supergirl is also pretty consistently fun as well though once it got over a few hiccups.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

FactsAreUseless posted:

Oh they give her plenty to do, like being The Atom's girlfriend and getting creeped on/molested by Hawkman.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

The best scene was Snart getting his hand reconstructed and just looking down and saying "Ow" as a new skeleton hand formed on his stump

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe

The Duke posted:

The best scene was Snart getting his hand reconstructed and just looking down and saying "Ow" as a new skeleton hand formed on his stump

"The ladies will be left in 1958!"

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Rhyno posted:

So I guess the cold gun is working properly again.

What the... there was a 'cold' button this entire time!

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

shadok posted:

Interesting. I think she's a great actor and has chewed up a lot of the scenes she was in.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
In my opinion, acting-wise, the weakest link in the cast is either Kendra and/or Savage.

With Kendra, it's gotten better. Because of the actress and the writing.

With Savage, I'm not sure if Savage's actor is that bad, or it's just a combination of being miscast and the writing, or even all three.

Everyone else pretty much nails it. Even Jefferson's actor is good with what they give him character/writing-wise. (Which admittedly isn't much.)

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Savage's actor is fine imo. He plays a psychotic madman really well. Great facial expressions, creepy smile and tone of voice.

His character isn't a compelling villain but that's the writers' fault. The whole "our heroes can beat him in a fight but that's pointless because he's immortal" thing just doesn't work.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I don't have any context to savage in comic form, but the character was real good in that batman animated movie based on the Tower of Babel story. He's a huge chump in this show.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

There are little bits, like in Russia "Ah, Gareeb." "That's Captain Hunter to you!" he gave a little "I'll remember that" smirk, but we don't get a chance to see things like that pay off. Yet anyway. Since the Legends are the ones doing the hunting the show can't really use the main benefit of an immortal enemy: he just keeps coming.

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

enraged_camel posted:

Savage's actor is fine imo. He plays a psychotic madman really well. Great facial expressions, creepy smile and tone of voice.

His character isn't a compelling villain but that's the writers' fault. The whole "our heroes can beat him in a fight but that's pointless because he's immortal" thing just doesn't work.

The main problem is that he seems to be lacking a good motivation. This is the problem I had with the Ra's stuff on Arrow, and The Hand stuff on Daredevil.

OK, they're evil, but for what reason? I mean it doesn't have to be some complex reason, I can buy that Captain Cold and Heat Wave rob banks because that's where the money's at, or that characters like Deathstroke and a bunch of other supervillains of the week are going after somebody because so and so ruined their life.

But Savage just seems to be evil because he's pissed that he got cockblocked 4000 years ago, and because of that he's now a genocidal madman for some reason. (Hell, Jessica Jones had a similarly petty villain, and they managed to make him a legitimately scary villain by keeping it more street level and personal.)

Edit: As for not being able to beat him in a fight because he's immortal, Hitman had a rather novel solution to that with a Lobo fight. Although I doubt we're going to get any Bueno Excellente cameos on any of the DC shows.

thrakkorzog fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Apr 3, 2016

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

Invalid Validation posted:

batman animated movie based on the Tower of Babel story.

Which one is that? I feel like I missed it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Longbaugh01 posted:

Which one is that? I feel like I missed it.

JLA: Doom

• Locked thread