Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which is the better sport.
Soccer
American Football
View Results

• Locked thread
Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master
What is a better sport to watch, soccer or American Football?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

armenian footer

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
neither, just watch wrestling

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Rugby League, OP

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I'll watch soccer once it starts ruining the lives of all of its players due to brain damage and eventual bankruptcy

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Was tempted to troll the poll and vote soccer but couldn't even pretend to advocate that on a comedy forum. :shrug:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

blue squares posted:

I'll watch soccer once it starts ruining the lives of all of its players due to brain damage and eventual bankruptcy

Watch Brazilian/Portuguese soccer, people literally kill each other

edit: Well maybe don't watch it but read about it

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan
Soccer but I only watch it during things like the world cup which are fun, in my opinion. This is just my opinion and I don't mean to offend

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

I'm not a big fan of either one but I'd sooner watch American Football than Football/Soccer. Having said that, hockey is my fav sport.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
how broken are you if u think watching soccer is good?

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan
btw aussie rules football is better than both because they basically try to kill each other while wearing little shorts

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I was looking up that ref that got beheaded because he made a "bad call" in a soccer game and i found a picture of his beheaded head and body, so that's cool. Thankfully the wikipedia article on the guy has him alive and with head attached

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Ot%C3%A1vio_Jord%C3%A3o_da_Silva

The guy made a call, then someone got in a serious fight with him and he stabbed them, which resulted in him being drawn and quartered and head-removed. people who are really invested in sports are cool people and aren't hosed up in the brain at all

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

jackyl posted:

how broken are you if u think watching soccer is good?

Somewhere between Bobby Brown and Charles Manson.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Wow that article I found links to other footballers that have been beheaded. this apparently was not a one time occurrence.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
contact topiary

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
The rest of the world simply doesnt deserve American Football. Period. Canada is cool so they get their own version.

They can keep watching a bunch of bitchmade fairies pass a ball back and forth while falling down at the slightest or literal non-existant physical contact. Go watch balet instead you loving losers.

Also if you like rugby/aussie rules thats cool because those are legit sports played by people who arent bitchmade.

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Wild Card Answer: Badminton.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

The Laff A Lympics is the best sporting event, assholes.

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
yeah if rugby is a thing how do you defend soccer players crumpling like paper if they brush another human

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
a fully grown man clutches his leg rolling on the ground exactly like a small child who fell off their bike likely whimpering the exact same

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Shaquin posted:

a fully grown man clutches his leg rolling on the ground exactly like a small child who fell off their bike likely whimpering the exact same

except the child is actually in pain

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Shaquin posted:

yeah if rugby is a thing how do you defend soccer players crumpling like paper if they brush another human

Rugby players wear tshirts and shorts and slam into 300lb Samoans at full speed

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

They are both pretty lame to be honest.

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

i play soccer and i am ver. good at the game and enjoy playing it

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

lonesomedwarf posted:

i play soccer and i am ver. good at the game and enjoy playing it

Go back to your favela, pablo

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Honestly I'd be way more interested in sports if it meant mascots completing a gauntlet of challenges that ended in the two remaining mascots fighting a cage match to the death.

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
Rugby players are hot from the thighs down

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007
oftentimes video games can be more rewarding than either of these

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I prefer NFL videogames over soccer videogames. I don't like the Madden series though so I only play games from since before EA got the exclusive license

NFL 2k on dreamcast is a great game

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
2k was so much better than madden shame ea got the exclusivity and just stopped giving a gently caress about any madden being even passably acceptable

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Anymore, I almost prefer to watch soccer, momentum is the only reason I watch the NFL at all really.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
any video where a lady uses a guys scrotum as a punching bag is better than either.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
nfl FOOOBAWWWWWWW

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

whats the most retarded single play in soccer history

i want to see the non american version of the butt fumble

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

baskerball has the tallest man. maybe the biggest jumps i h ave to check on that

e- apaprently the nfl has the biggest jump so im wrong

ghosTTy fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Apr 1, 2016

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

for our european friends the butt fumble was when the defense first recovered, then returned for a touchdown, a ball fumbled by a grown man who ran his face directly into a butt

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

whoflungpoop posted:

whats the most retarded single play in soccer history

i want to see the non american version of the butt fumble

https://gfycat.com/FirmLameDegu

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

i dont know soccer rules did the goalie enable the offense to score somehow

any buttfumble equiv must be injurious embarrassing AND lead to the opponents score (being witnessed by dozens of millions on thanksgiving night optional)

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
in soccer they aernt all 400lb, so they dont need to take a break to catch their breath every 20 seconds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

whoflungpoop posted:

i dont know soccer rules did the goalie enable the offense to score somehow

any buttfumble equiv must be injurious embarrassing AND lead to the opponents score (being witnessed by dozens of millions on thanksgiving night optional)

no

by your criteria im sure therre are countless embarrassing own goals

• Locked thread