Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Samizdata posted:

:sigh: Some day I will make it in one of the group photos... Some day... :sigh:

You did :shobon:

Catedit:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

IronicDongz posted:

lol
lmao

and then you go and post like this

Don't forget that he ran "Hey reddit, archive this!" into the ground and the whole "two weeks" thing he spams constantly was originally the thread's joke about CIG

Poor Derek, he tries so hard to fit in while struggling with the core belief that we're his serfs

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

SelenicMartian posted:

I've got a gif. Somebody replace Ben's face with Derek or :yarg:

http://i.imgur.com/yaL2aLK.gifv

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Eonwe posted:

this is my cat

No, that is Alpharius. He is his own cat, and will someday topple the Empire of Man (even without thumbs).

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Good

[Cara Web Webster]: "She keeps coming back drier than she should. What do you think?"
[Becca Farneway]: "It could be the flow gate."
[Cara Web Webster]: "That was my first thought, so I took it apart last shift."
[Becca Farneway]: "Of course you did. And?"
[Cara Web Webster]: "Clean enough to eat off of.

:pervert:

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Full marks to the voice actor who can make "clean enough to eat off of" sound good

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

drat Dirty Ape posted:

I would love to see Chris's reaction when he sees this.

Or the video where dude doesn't even mention SC :v:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4urwK7iGhs

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Thirsty Dog posted:

Full marks to the voice actor who can make "clean enough to eat off of" sound good

define "good"

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

[E1C04S16]
[Goon 01]: "I am sure as the oldest indie fossil you have many fascinating and wonderful things to say, and that we should be making introductions, and small talk, and I should be telling you how good of a job you did with your Cloud Imperium Games recon, but really, unless this is an extinction level event, I would much prefer if we skipped to the part where I get to go back to enjoying my Ryan Archer 'art'. Thanks."

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

[Aldo Braga]: "Keep smiling, you worthless piece of poo poo."

GabrielMobius
Mar 22, 2016

everything is fine
Alright time to check the thread this morning and...

:shittypop:

I have some reading to do.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Daztek posted:

You did :shobon:

Catedit:

woah that cat

:3:

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

SelenicMartian posted:

[Derek Smart]: "Keep smiling, you worthless piece of poo poo."

new thread title spotted

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

his nibs posted:

woah that cat

:3:

it's the king of naps

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

[E1C04S21_1]
[Eonwe]: "Ah, Stupid Newbie, they warned me you would be coming by. I am the Something Awful's Master-at-Animes Eonwe. All posters are required to post small animes in threads, but we will need to register you with the system before you can access the anime lockers, Log in to the terminal over there and we'll get you started."

voodoo dog
Jun 6, 2001

Gun Saliva
Now please make one twice as long where it shows first Ben and then on the next showing Derek.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

[E1C04S23E]
[FactsAreUseless]: "Hi Stupid Newbie, congrats on making it to your first post. Lowtax doesn't even let some of the new posters make it this far. Your comm designation for this thread is going to be ShitPoster-2. Good luck out there. ShitPoster-2, you are cleared for posting."

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
Squadron 42 character "Nayara Fell" is an anagram of "Anal Ear Fly".

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

[Steve Colton]: "That's our way in. Be careful, the tunnel looks tight."

Oh, gently caress :gary:

[Player]: "Looks like I've found a charged battery. Going to try and salvage it."

[Steve Colton]: "That could give you minimal power in the main hull. Keep an eye out for a battery slot when you're inside."

[Player]: "I've removed the Battery. Moving it into the main hull now."

[Player]: "Local power restored, moving to the Cargo Bay entrance."

[Player]: "There's a broken battery I could replace and restore local power. Just need a way to get that working battery in here."

Heh

[Player]: "Holy poo poo. Colton, you there?"
[Steve Colton]: "Jamming Static"

The man knows how to jam

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Wuntvor posted:

Now please make one twice as long where it shows first Ben and then on the next showing Derek.

http://i.imgur.com/xGu4zVb.gifv

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Toops posted:

:eyepop:

:laffo:

"I'M JACKED TO THE TITS"

I feel like I am inside you, postingly.

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

SelenicMartian posted:

I've got a gif. Somebody replace Ben's face with Derek or :yarg:

Took long enough. First time I made a gif ha.

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Damm beat me to it.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Crazy_BlackParrot posted:

Took long enough. First time I made a gif ha.

just plain excellent

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
r/derek smart says Derek's birthday is on the 4th of April, so give some thoughts to what we could do to make him happy. I dunno, we could all read his blog or something.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:
Wonderful animation right there

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

alf_pogs posted:

just plain excellent

I had to re-do it like 5 times. Save as gif : nope doesn't work that way lol.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

AP posted:

r/derek smart says Derek's birthday is on the 4th of April, so give some thoughts to what we could do to make him happy. I dunno, we could all read his blog or something.

We will ask Ryan Archer for some Derek Smart art

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
Wheres the E.L.E Derek

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

[Gunner 01]: "I don't know how the hell you did that, but I probably owe you a couple of my unborn children."

[Cara Web Webster]: "Hope you're not claustrophobic."
[Cara Web Webster]: "@Dlg_SC_ac_outback_player_order_attack_my_target_0100"

Who is this Outback player?

[Player]: "@Dlg_SC_ac_powpow_generic_response_yes_0301"

Pow-Pow!

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
Checked out the free fly weekend early on and gotta say, wasn't exactly impressed. Buuut with the patches I went ahead and picked up an Avenger Stalker package to check out how things are comin' along, and y'all should give it another shot. Once you do a little investment into a ship that matches your personality, things click a lot more and it starts to be pretty fun.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

teh_Broseph posted:

Checked out the free fly weekend early on and gotta say, wasn't exactly impressed. Buuut with the patches I went ahead and picked up an Avenger Stalker package to check out how things are comin' along, and y'all should give it another shot. Once you do a little investment into a ship that matches your personality, things click a lot more and it starts to be pretty fun.

:same:

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

teh_Broseph posted:

:yikes:

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

teh_Broseph posted:

sounds great

boethius
Jul 10, 2001

Space bunnies have three ears

teh_Broseph posted:

Roger that. C U in the V

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

[Player]: "And the missing Starfarer?"
[Captain Noah White]: "That will be your secondary objective."

Whoa there, it sounds dangerously close to a roadmap.

[E1C12S04B]
[Captive]: "Please! I don't know! I'd tell you if I knew, I promise. No! Please!"
[Domino]: "Spill on the Eriesium or fly. The choice is yours."
[Captive]: "Fine. Alright. The Eriesium's being held in the Containment Vault."
[Domino]: "(COMMS) Karne, they're keeping the Eriesium in the Containment Vault."
[Sato Karne]: "(COMMS) Well done, Domino. We'll make our way there."
[Domino]: "Let's go."
[Captive]: "What? Nooo!"

They're keeping things in the vault. Wow.
F U in the A, Chris.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

teh_Broseph posted:

Tell me about your uncle

your smart uncle

Dads Dip Cup
Aug 13, 2009

Grimey Drawer

teh_Broseph posted:

:whitewater:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

voodoo dog
Jun 6, 2001

Gun Saliva
I love it, can't be quoted often enough on this page.

• Locked thread