Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Nyaa posted:

My guess is that it is based on his lore of stealing other people's idea and patent "concept improvement A+" it. So he become mecha mgm lion that can use 20th century fox logo np.

Well he's President of America in the singularity, and apparently his summoning is reinforced by presidential power or something because, since he's a very new servant, his ability as one is a bit low.

Something like that, I had to go through gtranslate for his profile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

loving Lancelot swarmed in a sea of these smiling crazy ladies

BurningDance
Apr 27, 2010
5 tickets and all I got is Rama. Okay I guess.

This made my day though:

Mordred :allears:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That Mordred is loving great and so is Waver's hat

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Fate/Osomatsu-san since no one posted it here yet

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.
I think Saber Lily chowing down on her ahoge in the background might be my favorite part.

At least I think that's what's happening.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Nero being Jyushimatsu makes too much loving sense

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Twiddy posted:

I think Saber Lily chowing down on her ahoge in the background might be my favorite part.

At least I think that's what's happening.

My favorite part is how the Twitter and Facebook share buttons both say "Lancer Died!" on them.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
All the servants I want from this are story unlocks that have no boosts yet.

I finished America though, jesus christ that was actually kinda fun.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Rama being specialized for anti-demon seems to mean he's the guy you whip out to open a can of whupass on chapter end bosses. He seems pretty decent otherwise, he's going to be dealing absolutely beastly damage with his busters thanks to that crit skill. The Guts skill is meh though.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

-Troika- posted:

Rama being specialized for anti-demon seems to mean he's the guy you whip out to open a can of whupass on chapter end bosses. He seems pretty decent otherwise, he's going to be dealing absolutely beastly damage with his busters thanks to that crit skill. The Guts skill is meh though.

Ah, sorry. Those aren't Demons Rama is super effective against.
The list is....
Demons (the ones you farm for hearts), ghosts, skeletons, lamias, goblins, werejaguars, werewolves, soul eaters, gazers and bicorns.

Kyte fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Apr 1, 2016

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Kyte posted:

Ah, sorry. Those aren't Demons Rama is super effective against.
The list is....
Demons (the ones you farm for hearts), ghosts, skeletons, lamias, goblins, werejaguars, werewolves, soul eaters, gazers and bicorns.

And, of course, there are no Servants with the demon attribute (as far as I know), which makes his NP crap after all. :negative:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
RIP Rama you could've been cool, at least you're pretty. You have that over every other char in the game

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Mordred's little helmet face is the best thing

I kinda want an option to keep these graphics

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I think we can

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Is my game glitching out when the Friend Point gacha only gives the option for a single summon, even though it isn't the free daily? It still charges for one, and I definitely have enough for a 10 roll.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

PunkBoy posted:

Is my game glitching out when the Friend Point gacha only gives the option for a single summon, even though it isn't the free daily? It still charges for one, and I definitely have enough for a 10 roll.

It... sometimes happens, at least for me. Wait a few hours, maybe a day or two and it should fix itself.

BurningDance
Apr 27, 2010

PunkBoy posted:

Time zone problems.

Your system's/device's time zone is tricking the game into thinking it's available early when it's not. It's basically doing something like, "Has done a free roll for yy/mm/dd? If no, then set FP menu to free summon." Since it has not actually triggered the flag for a free roll, it will then default to the regular summon. This is all just assumption on my part, but it should behave similar to this.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

http://p.twpl.jp/show/orig/ak90h :mrgw:

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
A summary from Beast's Lair about the America storyline.

poo poo's loving nuts and pretty great.

- Beowulf is beating Robin and Eliza around, Li shows up and beats him 1v1 fists only :allears:

Compendium fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Apr 2, 2016

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I finally got around to updating my support list. How does the new system work?

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Raenir Salazar posted:

I finally got around to updating my support list. How does the new system work?

You have 8 slots, one per main class plus a wildcard. You're free to choose which slot you want to pull your support from.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Mashu's name is actually Matthew? Everything I know is a lie.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Matthew's english name reveal made Sabin in FFVI's japanese nickname being "Mash" make so much more sense to me.

Also yes, Japan is awful at english.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I actually have found myself rolling with Matthew in my head. Although I've heard of Mathieu suggested as being more feminine.

Kyte posted:

You have 8 slots, one per main class plus a wildcard. You're free to choose which slot you want to pull your support from.

So does that mean anyone can get the class from me that I put there? That's groovy.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Raenir Salazar posted:

I actually have found myself rolling with Matthew in my head. Although I've heard of Mathieu suggested as being more feminine.

So does that mean anyone can get the class from me that I put there? That's groovy.

Yeah now you offer 8 possible supports. It's pretty cool, only downside is that they can't share CEs.

Btw, next update they're adding a new bond level to 10 servants (they didn't specify) upon maxing will give you a new CE (dunno what).
Also present box history (sure why not), change the look of svts in command cards (one step closer to completely erasing whatever servant appearance you don't like), let you scroll from Team 10 to Team 1 and let you pick mystic code outfit directly from UI (not entirely sure what this refers to).

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

My friends convinced me to play F/GO again so against my better judgement I went and figured out how to actually get it on my iPad.

God drat this is one poorly optimized game.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Blame Unity :v:

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Also I have to admit that being able to just queue up commands then look away from the screen for a bit is a lot more convenient than having to constantly swap windows.

Also also one of my friends actually spent $10 on getting one of those starter accounts with like 600 quartz so I spent like an hour rolling and aaaaah stop ruining my hopes and dreams Rama.

EDIT: And the moment I post that I roll an EMIYA. Okay Rama, we're cool now.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
I am annoyed that my next 5* is Artoria and not the nurse who will literally rip you apart just to heal you.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

She puts the Bolg-ed Rama inside her bag and carries him for a few chapters while shooting all enemies.

This nurse won't let you die. No matter how much you wants to. :911:

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

XSEED registered a domain for Fate/Extella.
http://gematsu.com/2016/04/fateextella-domain-registered-xseed-games

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
For some reason I can see nightingale and emiya getting along

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

God drat I have been getting some crazy luck with the rolls on this new account. Waver, EMIYA, Jack, three Ramas, Heracles, and more importantly all the 3 star Irish/Asian people I actually wanted.

Yet oddly enough, unlike my Bluestacks account I have had zero luck getting any waifus. Or Kaleidoscopes.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Got lucky and got Billy and Florence in one 40 roll. Now I need to farm ascension materials...oh boy.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I'm sad. I wanted Helena and DW gave me Edison instead. :(

I *did* get Astolfo so I guess it isn't too bad, and three copies of Kid Gil (also Billy, but in terms of male cards Kid Gil I like a lot more because heck, it's Gilgamesh).

In terms of Craft Essences I got Shirou's 5* Buster CE, and the 5* Heaven's Feel; which are both solid as I understand it. I tend to be inundated with 4* CE's. Which would be nice if I could reliably level them up outside of events.

e: I also got enough dupes to max out Jerkyl/Hyde, Cu, Medusa, Proto!Cu, Fergus, Saber Giles, and that giant robot from pacific rim.

Raenir Salazar fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Apr 7, 2016

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I'm gonna take Avenger's advice, so I'm waiting and hoping for a Cu Alter rate up in the future.

Spoggerific
May 28, 2009
It looks like the last several pages are nothing but F/GO chat, but I have a question about Nasu, or, more specifically, his writing style. Having recently finished reading mahoyo, I went around looking for some discussion about it, and while doing so, I've found a lot of people saying that his writing style is unusual or difficult to read. I've heard the same thing before in relation to other Type Moon stuff too, not just mahoyo. I've even seen one comment that said "Nasu is basically a Japanese e e cummings". Is his writing really that unusual? I don't find it particularly hard to read or all that different from the other Japanese stuff I've read, but maybe that's because I'm a gross otaku nerd and I hardly read anything but VNs and LNs. Maybe it's different from other, less anime Japanese fiction.

If his writing really is that weird, I'd love to see an example or two so I can see what people are talking about. I've read most Type Moon stuff except for Kara no Kyoukai and the Fate/Extra games, so as long as it's not a spoiler for those.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Mollusks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

All I really remember being unique about Nasu's writing is that the man is a real fan of the dramatic. This dude did not just turn around, he spun his body around faster than anyone in the world has ever or will ever be capable of...!

Also hilariously bad sex scenes but we don't talk about those.