Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Solemn Sloth posted:

It'd take a real Richmond to lose it from here
It sure did

NTRabbit posted:

Supposedly Hurley isn't training with the rest of the banned group, if true, then he could be an easy target away from the herd

He's overseas at the moment I think. He is weighing up a fresh start at another club though. Getting Hocking back is good though, he's a pretty handy player.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

DAAS Kapitalist posted:

If he really wanted to distance himself from racist thugs and right wing extremists he could ban them from games.

quote:

Collingwood president Eddie McGuire says that the people who unfurled an offensive anti-Muslim banner at the MCG on Friday night should be banned from football for life.
McGuire said those who displayed the banner were not necessarily Collingwood fans, although it did include the message "Go Pies."

They were opportunists who had used the occasion to spread a "disgraceful" message, he said.

Far-right group the United Patriots Front identified themselves on the banner, which they rolled out during the second quarter.

When fans pointed it out to MCG security guards they removed the culprits from the ground, but the Front later posted a photo of the banner on their Facebook captioned "MCG. Aussie Pride."

"I hope the police got their names and numbers, if they've got anything to do with out club they'll be banned," McGuire said.

"Get these people and make an example of them, they should be banned for life."

McGuire said the derogatory behaviour was a societal problem.

"You've got somebody running for the US election at the moment who's running on a ticket of vilification, it makes it hard," he said.

"We have to knock this on the head as quickly as possible."

AFL spokesman Patrick Keane later tweeted that league officials would discuss the banner with representatives for MCG security and Victoria Police.

"The AFL condemns the behaviour in the strongest terms and such actions have no place in society, and not in our game," he wrote.

United Patriots Front leader Blair Cottrell recently attempted to launch a political arm to his group and in the past shared his pro-Nazi views on social media.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

The Deadly Hume posted:

Andy Fleming (who incidentally is a Pies fan, oddly enough) is on the warpath.

That guy puts in serious work. Aussie hero imo

DAAS Kapitalist
Nov 9, 2005

Jackass: The Mad Monk

Don't try this at home.

Shmoses posted:

Collingwood president Eddie McGuire says that the people who unfurled an offensive anti-Muslim banner at the MCG on Friday night should be banned from football for life.

Fair enough, good on him. If only he'd done that last year.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
Can you imagine if the Dons lose both Hooker and Hurley at the end of the year? That fucks their whole list

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

snaeksikn posted:

Can you imagine if the Dons lose both Hooker and Hurley at the end of the year? That fucks their whole list

I can dream.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.
Haha the bigfooty thread on the Collingwood mosque banner was locked after 17 pages. Never stop being terrible bigfooty posters.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Does Melbourne have it's own Bell Tower Times guy? It should if it doesn't.

Spacman
Mar 18, 2014
So, once the Pies kick out all the rascists, antisemites and nationalists how are they going to rebuild their membership back to 55k with the 200 people they have left?

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

snaeksikn posted:

It'd suck but hopefully they'd both be worth band 1 free agency compo so we'd end up with a couple of first round picks to make up for it.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

gay picnic defence posted:

It'd suck but hopefully they'd both be worth band 1 free agency compo so we'd end up with a couple of first round picks to make up for it.

Currently not possible to get multiple band 1 picks, the AFL assesses the total in/out via free agency over the period and then gives you a pick based on that. Maximum you can get is band 1. Then again it's the AFL so who knows what the rules will be in thirty seconds time.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I should've remembered that. In any case, Hurley would need to be traded I think because he's still under contract, so unless he gets the contract torn up he'd probably get a good pick in exchange. Unless there was some other mechanism for the contracted players to leave in this situation, I've only really started paying attention to the footy again in the last week or so.

Hooker looks like the only free agent that would attract a big offer.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

I should've remembered that. In any case, Hurley would need to be traded I think because he's still under contract, so unless he gets the contract torn up he'd probably get a good pick in exchange. Unless there was some other mechanism for the contracted players to leave in this situation, I've only really started paying attention to the footy again in the last week or so.

If Dodoro tries to play hardball again I wouldn't be surprised if the player tries to get the contract torn up.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
I think I like this year's deliberate out of bounds interpretation. It bothered me when they called it against Kreuzer last week but seeing them do it consistently has brought me around.

I like the idea that a player is culpable if the ball goes out when they kick to space rather than a realistic player target. Players are still welcome to kick to space when in a bind, but they have to be more careful about where they send it, which might mean they boot it into the middle more. Sometimes even kicking long down the boundary might still be preferable as a professional foul, but it stops being a 50/50 down the other end.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
wow, looks like i missed a hell of a game

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."

Volkerball posted:

wow, looks like i missed a hell of a game

Half of one

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

All the banned players are able to leave as delisted free agents thanks to this mess, it was clarified during the off season.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

NTRabbit posted:

All the banned players are able to leave as delisted free agents thanks to this mess, it was clarified during the off season.

That's the AFLPAs understanding. It would still have to go through a court first.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Maclure shredding Richmond on the radio

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

I go into the city to get lunch before a game a fair amount of the time and then walk along the river to the ground but gently caress getting near the cultist march today

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

It's Showdown day baby get hyped.

My only regret is that it's going to overlap with NXT Takeover

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Watch the bits with Asuka, Bayley, Finn, Joe and Enzo and cass, rest of the time watch the footy

Divorced And Curious
Jan 23, 2009

democracy depends on sausage sizzles

The fact that you're talking about SA teams made the NXT abbreviation even more confusing than it usually is.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Northen Xylophone Territory

Solemn Sloth posted:

Watch the bits with Asuka, Bayley, Finn, Joe and Enzo and cass, rest of the time watch the footy

I bet the main event will finish just after half time starts to annoy me :kheldragar:

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

You should check out Soundcloud tomorrow to catch Brent Prismalls interview with the abc if you didn't listen to it live

Divorced And Curious
Jan 23, 2009

democracy depends on sausage sizzles
http://graft.grudnuk.com/

hume's ratings have richmond, a team which threw away a win, above melbourne, a team who has won every game this year

(it makes complete sense because margins but also lolmelbourne)

Northen Xylophone Territory

https://nxt.org.au/

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Humes ratings are also seeded from last year

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

WWE Network has crapped out on me so now I'm not conflicted hurrah!

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

If I dive off the top stand I'll try to take some upf fucks with me

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

It's too loving cold

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

I'd be feeling good except Adelaide love fading out after a good start

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Port Adelaide are being bad no good stinky.

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:
According to the odds on the AFL match centre, Essendon are $6. When was the last time a team had odds so high against Melbourne?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

loving mcdonald

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Doctor Cave posted:

According to the odds on the AFL match centre, Essendon are $6. When was the last time a team had odds so high against Melbourne?

The 1950s

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."

Doctor Cave posted:

That's insane, this is Melbourne we are talking about.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Which is worse, Daniher's kicking or that pathetic worm of a moustache?

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:

hiddenmovement posted:

That's insane, this is Melbourne we are talking about.

It's dropped to $4.80 now after Melbourne's start

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Thank gently caress for Brayshaw. 50 metre snap goes through half post height

• Locked thread