Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
I think i said this earlier.

Fruit booze is high in methanol and it isnt removed in say, wine. So i think there has to be some other thing seriously wrong to make you go blind or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

put it into a metal cylinder and fire it at london op

Roki B
Jul 25, 2004

Medical Industrial Complex

Biscuit Hider
How hard is a good home setup to make

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Roki B posted:

How hard is a good home setup to make

If you buy the still instead of welding your own. Easy as gently caress.

drunk dog
Apr 6, 2014

Resident Millennial
goldmine this thread before i start making GBS threads in it

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
My stepdad made some quince paste and i brought him a litre of my cleanest booze to infuse with it. Its tasting really good.

We're planning to sell it commercially and this is the first attempt. Its only a day old now so we'll keep tasting for a few weeks and see how it develops. Its pretty good now im pretty excited.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Isaac posted:

My stepdad made some quince paste and i brought him a litre of my cleanest booze to infuse with it. Its tasting really good.

We're planning to sell it commercially and this is the first attempt. Its only a day old now so we'll keep tasting for a few weeks and see how it develops. Its pretty good now im pretty excited.

Uh, isn't selling moonshine illegal? Pls don't go to prison.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Angela Christine posted:

Uh, isn't selling moonshine illegal? Pls don't go to prison.

My stepdad has a commercial licence.

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
this is still my favourite topic

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
this is a good thread

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Nonviolent J posted:

this is still my favourite topic

Bea Nanner posted:

this is a good thread

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
how's the shining going?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Mods pls goldmine this gold thread for future generations.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Im getting sober im probably not gonna shine anytime soon. I got 2 stalled ferments that might have come good I might do them but it'll be the same as any other distillation. Go ahead and goldmine (please gold mine my thread please)

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
I remember this, this topic was amazing holy gently caress

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Isaac posted:

Im getting sober im probably not gonna shine anytime soon.

Yay! Happy ending!

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Op i don't believe you for a minute when you say you won't drink again. Half of all of your posts revolve around drunkery.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

Op i don't believe you for a minute when you say you won't drink again. Half of all of your posts revolve around drunkery.

I was drinking like a bottle of spirits a day now im down to 6 3.5% beers

Sweet_Joke_Nectar
Jun 7, 2007

i'm a little shai :3

Isaac posted:

I was drinking like a bottle of spirits a day now im down to 6 3.5% beers

Join us in the addiction/recovery thread in TCC!its a nice place to shoot the poo poo and talk about trying to sober up with other people who are trying to do the same.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

please stay here isaac dont leave us for tcc

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
I go see a drug nurse and psychologist and a doctor almost every week im doing fine without TCC. i feel like if i spent too long in there id be ordering chinese benzo analogues within a few days.

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

Congrats issac!

Have you given up your boxing career?

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

donkey salami posted:

Congrats issac!

Have you given up your boxing career?

Im taking a haiatus till i know how to box

Roki B
Jul 25, 2004

Medical Industrial Complex

Biscuit Hider
Box wine.

They never get sober. Long live the distilling king.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
I'm glad you're still alive :)

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Code Jockey posted:

I'm glad you're still alive :)

Thats very kind of you

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
can I post keep shining by hip hop artist shad to inspire you to do whatever it is you're doing Isaac I didn't read the thread or if I did I forgot, well get well soon!!

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Isaac its hard to tell on my phone but your avvy looks like it was taken from a camera covered in nutella.

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

I knew that Australians were a fierce, proud people but I feel like I didn't understand Australia until this thread. Thank you.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Going to draw your attention to the Foxfire series, particularly Vol 1 which has a great section on Appalacian still culture.

http://nagual.yuku.com/topic/1770/The-Foxfire-Series-Of-Survival-Books

Foxfire is a set of oral histories of Appalacia running to 12 volumes, all available at this site.

Pretty sure you'll enjoy these Issac, they are a fantastic read.

e: congrats on cleaning up, your brain is too good to pickle :)

Carlos Lantana fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Jun 13, 2016

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3nbTB2KHuM
Here you go Isaac hope it helps you feel inspired as an independent woman!! :)

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

tardwrangler posted:

Going to draw your attention to the Foxfire series, particularly Vol 1 which has a great section on Appalacian still culture.

http://nagual.yuku.com/topic/1770/The-Foxfire-Series-Of-Survival-Books

Foxfire is a set of oral histories of Appalacia running to 12 volumes, all available at this site.

Pretty sure you'll enjoy these Issac, they are a fantastic read.

e: congrats on cleaning up, your brain is too good to pickle :)

This lookd rad ive done a few pages. When i get home im gonna have a good read

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Here is one big sad mess........

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2016-06-14/grappa-trial-william-lynam-guilty/7509954

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Fruit liquor is high in methanol but i do not understand how you can have enough of it to kill someone. Surely its lead and not methanol.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

The blindness suggests methanol and I spose the coroner would have spelled it all out but they must have really hosed up

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Isaac posted:

Fruit liquor is high in methanol but i do not understand how you can have enough of it to kill someone. Surely its lead and not methanol.

He had bought methanol to use as weed killer. They think he accidentally used that to make his brew.

quote:

It is unclear whether Lynam accidently mixed industrial methanol to make the grappa, or the men had inadvertently picked up a bottle of methanol when drinking at a donga on the property.

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2016-06-08/concern-lethal-batch-of-grappa-not-diluted-lynam/7493498

quote:

The court heard the effects of methanol poisoning take between six and 30 hours to appear after ingestion.

It becomes toxic when it is mixed with chemicals in the stomach as the body tries to process it.

Methanol is potentially lethal if someone has 230mg/L of it in their blood.

The court heard that Mr Wilmot had 1800mg/L of methanol in his blood.

Mr Meredith said Lynam bought methanol to use as industrial weed killer and confused it with ethanol when the home brew was made.

Photos were tendered as evidence showing none of the containers or bottles of liquids at Lynam's house were labelled.

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2016-06-06/grappa-poison-william-lynam-manslaughter/7481066

Lolie fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Jun 14, 2016

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Always label your bottles of poison and/or moonshine.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
inconceivable levels of negligence

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

Facebook Aunt posted:

Always label your bottles of poison and/or moonshine.

how many people beat you up in high school. be honest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Iron Prince posted:

how many people beat you up in high school. be honest.

Girls aren't really into the beatings so much. Or at least weren't back in the 80s.

Pretty glad I wasn't a boy.

• Locked thread