Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

When you have a Hammer, everything looks like a nail.
I do think Infinitum's claim is more and more bullshit the more he posts though. He should have been the lynch yesterday until BK went all bleeding heart over the claim and then MT cottoned on and picked Lurker Jedit out of a hat to be the easy sacrifice, ignoring my case and the healthy suspicion on iajanus.

In order, I'd vote iajanus->Infititum->MT.

The Ninth Layer posted:

Had a very busy work week, just going to drop the PR so I can get straight into posting in the game. I'm having real difficulty getting into this one possibly because of my unfamiliarity with the majority of posters here.

I really don't know what to make of Infiinitum getting a million votes yet not getting voted out yesterday. I probably wouldn't have voted for him if I had been around, but I'm surprised that a player who so many people wanted voted out still escaped the lynch pretty easily. Jailer is a very common scum role and I think jailing a claimed vigilante is a scummy use of it. Consider me on board with this lynch today, I just don't want to vote without knowing the exact vote count.

I wish votefinder had been working for that day yesterday. I'm unclear about the hammer rules too, it seemed like 14 out of 15 people were needed to preemptively end the day which is something I haven't seen from other games before.

This post pings me as well. It seems a little too self-conscious and apologizey for TNL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

Jimson posted:

Quick explanation PM sent, sorry about the inconvenience. Thank you for choosing Jimson Inc. Mafia games.

Please stop posting anything but votecounts and flips in the thread. I understand the urge to appear responsive and caring but stuff like this can very easily give away more about the game than you think.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Sorry for lack of posting today, it's 12:40 and I'm working onsite. Once I get home l will be in more of a position to post.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

BottleKnight posted:

what is he supposed to do? further badger someone who hasn't posted since he's been asked?

Let's say everyone's telling the truth:

D1/N1:
(a) Infinitum was almost lynched yesterday but survived by claiming jailer.
(b) Imgay goes to shoot someone (for the sake of example we'll say Kashuno) and is jailed.

D2:
(a) Imgay posts but doesn't mention anything about being jailed.
(b) Infinitum switches to MG3

So if I was Infinitum, I would be aware of the fact that imgay can verify my claim that I'm jailer and would ask him to do so. It'd be the first thing on my mind. Since imgay hadn't mentioned it, my next thought would be "is imgay, my primary scum suspect, lying about his vig claim?" and I would probably use that to try and sell people on the fact that imgay is lying scum.

That said, much like with Jedit I'm concerned with how willing people seem to be to quickly vote for him, which is concerning.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Murmur Twin posted:

So if I was Infinitum, I would be aware of the fact that imgay can verify my claim that I'm jailer and would ask him to do so. It'd be the first thing on my mind. Since imgay hadn't mentioned it, my next thought would be "is imgay, my primary scum suspect, lying about his vig claim?" and I would probably use that to try and sell people on the fact that imgay is lying scum.

I didn't finish that thought.

I get that I'm making a lot of assumptions about how Infinitum would play and I'm not saying I'm 100% sure of it, only that I find it suspicious that nothing really changed and yet Infinitum went from suspecting imgay to suspecting MG3. That's all.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Barehanded Brother posted:

I do think Infinitum's claim is more and more bullshit the more he posts though. He should have been the lynch yesterday until BK went all bleeding heart over the claim and then MT cottoned on and picked Lurker Jedit out of a hat to be the easy sacrifice, ignoring my case and the healthy suspicion on iajanus.

I'm not a huge fan of the narrative that I pick a name and whoever I say goes, goes. And I didn't ignore your case on iajanus, I just didn't agree with it - there are plenty of other players in the game you could have convinced.

While it sucks that Jedit was town, I feel reasonably confident with how easy that vote went that scum was probably in on it to some degree. One of whom may be iajanus!

Right now I'm back on Infinitum - I think giving a claim the benefit of the doubt is fine but the story he's telling feels fabricated to me (as mentioned already).

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

tl;dr suss on imgay and kash. imgay yet to confirm jail. Voting MG3 for super loving scummy 'joke' move earlier.

-----------------------------

I feel like I'm constantly on the back foot here at the moment and that's just rubbing me the wrong way.

D1 I'm the lynch target
OK fair enough, D1 is usually a shitfest for picks half the time anyway.

Lynch doesn't happen, overtime happens, and I need to full claim D1 of all things

Kashuno posted:

That literally he waited until "overtime" to claim?

Then I get crap like this from Kash for claiming in overtime.
The initial D1 deadline ended at 5am here, I was asleep. I'm not happy that I had to do it, but it was lucky I have overtime to claim.

Then D2's barely started and MG3 does this poo poo.

MG3 posted:

Deadline in 15 mins. . .

##vote infinitum

MG3 posted:

Lmao no not reall

MG3 posted:

I figured it would be obvious deadline wasn't in 15 mins when the day just started.

MG3 posted:

I hadn't considered it was April fools today before I made the joke but it could probably be considered one.

"lol joke jokes"
And the votes just keep piling up after that. gently caress that noise.

-----------------------

As for my suspects, I'm going with Kash and Imgay

I'm not going to to quote the full slapfight, but they were going at it hammer and tongs D1, then today Kash goes on a mega rampage tunneling me super loving hard.
Just push push pushing the lynch that didn't happen yesterday. Just look at his posts from the last few pages, just constant "WHY AREN'T YOU VOTING INF IT'S SO OBVIOUS"

To explain my imgay vote and jail, these 2 posts initially had me concerned.

imgay posted:

i have a gun but im not scum

imgay posted:

I already told you I can't fire my gun yet

imgay mentions a gun 2 times and he already has people convinced he's a vigilante for some reason.

The Ninth Layer posted:

Jailer is a very common scum role and I think jailing a claimed vigilante is a scummy use of it.

I breadcrumb, admittedly slowly as it was only D1, that I was a jailer and then suddenly that claim gets knocked back because "scum jailers are a thing"?
Some weird sort of disconnect there that doesn't grok with me.

Which is why I jailed him last night, as he was pinging me hard like he was collecting votes yesterday to activate the gun. Don't even know if he's dayvig or nightvig.
So until someone else investigates him, or imgay is willing to fullclaim properly, we just need to take his word for it.
As I said earlier he was asked to confirm the jail and he hasn't.

:siren: imgay please confirm or deny the jail :siren:

Something just doesn't grok with the way he's posting, and Kash is just angrily tunneling me hard.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Murmur Twin posted:

I didn't finish that thought.

I get that I'm making a lot of assumptions about how Infinitum would play and I'm not saying I'm 100% sure of it, only that I find it suspicious that nothing really changed and yet Infinitum went from suspecting imgay to suspecting MG3. That's all.

No that makes a ton of sense and I hadn't gone that deep. It kind of cements it.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Murmur Twin posted:

Infinitum went from suspecting imgay to suspecting MG3. That's all.

See above.

imgay is still my pick for scum, but I'm constantly under pressure at the moment and MG3 pulls that 'joke' poo poo.
Pissed me off and was a scummy move.

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Infinitum posted:

See above.

imgay is still my pick for scum, but I'm constantly under pressure at the moment and MG3 pulls that 'joke' poo poo.
Pissed me off and was a scummy move.

A lot of the things I do in these games is tailored to evoke reactions from the other players.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Seems like a lovely thing to do when I got called out by every man and his dog for trying to extend joke-phase yesterday and you pull that poo poo.

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Infinitum posted:

Seems like a lovely thing to do when I got called out by every man and his dog for trying to extend joke-phase yesterday and you pull that poo poo.

Any post that causes another player to post emotionally is very helpful for gauging a persons truthfulness

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

I mean from my joke we found out soag doesn't care what's going on, and will follow a bandwagon lol

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

MG3 posted:

I hadn't considered it was April fools today before I made the joke but it could probably be considered one.

You say you're posting to gauge a reaction, but then say it's a joke when you get called out on it.

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Infinitum posted:

You say you're posting to gauge a reaction, but then say it's a joke when you get called out on it.

Sometimes a troll-ey joke is all it takes to get an emotional reaction out of someone.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
self-awareness isn't really mags' strong suit

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Birdstrike posted:

self-awareness isn't really mags' strong suit

I haven't played with him before, does he normally post like that?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Or is it, as they say, 'A dick move'?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Infinitum posted:

Or is it, as they say, 'A dick move'?

ya p. much

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Figured.

I'm the super easy push today, scum weeding off as much town as possible seems the logical move.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Who you wanna vote

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Kashuno posted:

Who you wanna vote

Are you even reading the thread mate?

I've voted already.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Nah I'm drunk and you made a big post

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

This post pings me as well. It seems a little too self-conscious and apologizey for TNL.

OK, got a minute to post a bit more between jobs.

I'll put it out there - I am sure you're town, BB. That being said, I'm torn with the push on Inf. Although his gambit with his "role reveal" might prove to have a little merit if imgay actually says he was jailed, it's still not much proof since the role could swing either way. I'll be voting him if imgay doesn't confirm his story, but I don't think his posting is as suspicious as the pushes against him have made them out to be. I've reread his posts, and he seems to be merely joking around as normal on D1 until the push got momentum and then he panicked his way into claiming. I'm not sure about the claimed gun being an excuse to gaol his purported target, but I can see his point, vaguely. Either way, my immediate vote on him hinges on him being confirmed as actually having gaoled someone.

MG3, I'm not sure about. I want to know what exactly what turned him from voting Kash and being reasonably sure, to then saying that he was pretty sure Kash wasn't scum, to then directly questioning why others would be voting him. Was there some sort of role related reason behind the change of heart, because that's what I read it as? He then switched pretty hard on BK without really giving any fleshed out reasons.

MG3 posted:

##vote bottleknight
----------------
Dude was feigning outrage during the entire first day and then he makes that phony post that comes across so fake about voting infinitum.
------------------

What do you think of bottleknight?
-------------------------------
Why not bottleknight?

-----------------------------
I had felt as if you were feigning outrage during the Imgay kashuno fight. Your posts w/re that whole thing felt super fake.

Your defeatist post to just go with the majority opinion in overtime made me suspicious you were scum hoping for an easy position to take.
As for me, I don't have a huge amount to defend myself with, but if you have specific questions about anything I've posted I'll answer as best as possible.

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Tactical Sexpionage Tourism

MG3 posted:

I mean from my joke we found out soag doesn't care what's going on, and will follow a bandwagon lol

funny way to frame me worried about reachign no lynch

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

MG3 is scum as gently caress id bet my eyepatch on ig

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

You don't even have an eye patch you liar

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

##vote venom soag lynch all liars

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

hahahaha okay

##vote BHB

Revolver Anidav
Feb 12, 2016

"Diamond Dogs? They're pretty good...

But they've got nothing on my doooooooooooooooog...."

This seems like a weird reason to joke vote on D2.

Many Auspol goons have photo or rl evidence of this eyepatch.

Revolver Anidav
Feb 12, 2016

"Diamond Dogs? They're pretty good...

But they've got nothing on my doooooooooooooooog...."
He even has one with Gengar on it.

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

wtf m8

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i didn't try to shoot anyone last night and didn't get any message saying i was jailed or anything

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Well that sealed my vote. I'm working on the assumption that being gaoled would get you some sort of message.

##vote Infinitum

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Well I got a successful action, so I don't know what to tell you.

iajanus posted:

I'm working on the assumption that being gaoled would get you some sort of message.

He'd get an action blocked message if he did anything, you know that and that's a lazy rear end "me 2" vote if I ever saw one.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Infinitum posted:

Well I got a successful action, so I don't know what to tell you.

He'd get an action blocked message if he did anything, you know that and that's a lazy rear end "me 2" vote if I ever saw one.

As I said, I am working on the theory that if one is gaoled they get a message whether they commit an action or not. If that's not the case I'm sorry. I haven't been gaoled or gaoled anyone before so I am working from that position. If this isn't right, can anyone let me know?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

How about you unvote until you get the confirmation then?

I'm pretty sure I'm close to hammer here.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

That's fair, since I'm not sure of the count and only have my phone to use which makes counting hard. I'm going to vote you again if anyone confirms my original belief in how the role works , but I'm not sure enough that my read of it was correct. Can somebody confirm either way asap,please?

##invite

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

##unvote

loving autocorrect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

imgay posted:

i didn't try to shoot anyone last night and didn't get any message saying i was jailed or anything

##vote imgay I'll unvote if you promise to shoot Kash like you said you would

• Locked thread