Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

A Neurotic Jew posted:

CIG showed off its self-deprecating side in the april fools video today.

if I were a lawyer prosecuting CIG for fraud I'd be pretty happy about this!

e:

Wuntvor posted:

They should make this a real item, then it would be just like those "y u no ship" foam pitchforks from bitcoin company butterfly labs.

dammit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

alf_pogs posted:

hey reddit idiots theyre not makin fun of themselves, they are makin fun of YOU

Not even I find Ben's obesity funny anymore, it's v sad and enraging

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Ben for fucksakes buy a food scale and stop force feeding yourself tallow and syrup

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

Silly pays Lowtax's bills

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Mr.Tophat posted:

Silly pays Lowtax's bills

It could have paid certain rent bills.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I like how even Ben's attempt to eat healthily is done in true CIG style. Rather than order a healthy meal, he orders something stupidly unsuitable and tries to modify it to be something it isn't. CIG: We've learnt from our mistakes and we're sure we could repeat them exactly.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

[Gunnery Officer]: "Everyone up? Marcus, test your tilt, system says it's sticking."

Coming soon, Star Citizen Pinball. The ball never enters the game and the bumpers are sliding around freely.

[Player]: "Hey! HEY!!"

[Wounded Marine]: "Come on, come onnnnnn-aaaaahh."

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Ben for fucksakes buy a food scale and stop force feeding yourself tallow and syrup
This must be Ben's line

[E1C01S08C]
[????]: "Are they here?"
[????]: "No idea. Can't see anything."

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

80+% of the poo poo he said is likely coming to 2.4 is not coming. Maybe one thing he said 'might' come (extra movement animation), will be in 2.4 . Hype level - extreme delusions.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

eXXon posted:

That futuristic city looks like poo poo. Is Star Citizen designed to be the most boring sci-fi universe in existence? There's nothing interesting or inspiring about the universe, lore or art design. Some of the detail and ~fidelity~ in ships look neat, sure, but also glaringly pointless and following modern industrial design instead of something even vaguely futuristic. Should have just made a BSG MMO and been done with it (lol).

Also I recently found out that two of the star systems in the game are going to be called Terra and Helios. Yes, the future will be ruled by white people and creativity will be outlawed.

Maybe so but it seems they can do a nice tour.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

sorla78 posted:

There was a Mass Effect Andromeda Tech Vid leak, unfortunately I doesn't look as polished as Star Citizen
https://vid.me/p41b

never played me but the explosions look good. (they are EA/Bio and on my do not buy list)

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

quote:

[E1C04S02C_2]
[Player]: "Looking at you two, I'll be surprised if she even flies straight."
[Player]: "Why don't you let me worry about flying and you worry about doing your job?"
[Sigfried Behr]: "POSITIVE"
[Sigfried Behr]: "NEGATIVE"

[E1C04S02C_2_MT]
[Player]: "Why don't you let me worry about flying and you worry about doing your job?"

Chris was really proud of this line. Add it to Solar Plebian.

And this should be on every page

[E1C04S02D]
[Becca Farneway]: "Full burn! Kickin' into overdrive! Full burn! Soon I'll be by your side! And you'll see, that the only truth, in this 'verse, is you and me!"

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Crazy_BlackParrot posted:

How is this even remotely funny? They obviously couldn't care less about the backers.

Chris will piss on them... And they will love him for it

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
someone please make an image with Uncle DS face on the most high fidelity image of Dr Doom you can find.

Well, that's how I see it.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Let me guess what 2.4 patch notes will bring

Callouts
- Using the terminal at Port Olisar to spawn a ship may cause players to be flagged for unlawful PvP
- Walking backwards has no limit on acceleration or top speed
- Players in EVA may fall to the bottom of the map and die

New Features
- New ship ONION added to hangar
- New ship CORN added to PU and AC
- New Big Benny vending machine added somewhere. We don't know where. If you see it please submit a support ticket so we can find it and remove it.

Fixes
- General bug fixes
- Fixed a door spawning sideways
- Fixed an asteroid spawning inside Port Olisar
- Fixed a bug where the Hornet's controls were inverted
- Fixed a bug where players in EVA fall to the bottom of the map and die

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

AP posted:

i see some tokens! are they meltable?

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Skellybones posted:

Let me guess what 2.4 patch notes will bring

Callouts
- Using the terminal at Port Olisar to spawn a ship may cause players to be flagged for unlawful PvP
- Walking backwards has no limit on acceleration
- It also has no limit on top speed
- Players in EVA may fall to the bottom of the map
- This will also cause them to die

New Features
- New ship ONION added to hangar
- New ship CORN added to PU and AC
- New Big Benny vending machine added somewhere
- We're not sure where
- See if you can find it

Fixes
- General bug fixes
- Fixed a door spawning sideways
- Fixed an asteroid spawning inside Port Olisar
- It should be spawning outside
- Fixed a bug where the Hornet moved down when you pressed the up key
- Fixed a bug where the Hornet moved up when you pressed the down key
- Fixed a bug where players in EVA fall to the bottom of the map and die

Fixed

Pebergehund
Jan 21, 2010

SelenicMartian posted:

And this should be on every page

[E1C04S02D]
[Becca Farneway]: "Full burn! Kickin' into overdrive! Full burn! Soon I'll be by your side! And you'll see, that the only truth, in this 'verse, is you and me!"

Is this the love interest? Please let her be voice by Sandi

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

yessssssss I was just thinking of these

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

SelenicMartian posted:

"B'Tak" sounds like a noise made by a surprised hen.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

I will feel grief: an ethical discussion

One of you may be asking yourself if it is morally acceptable to, in game (that will never be released), hunt b’tak continuously for sport (using mechanics that will never be implemented). This essay will attempt to convince you, using established ethical systems, of whether or not this can be considered an acceptable and morally justifiable position.

Utilitarianism is the concept of maximizing pleasure while minimizing suffering. Now, as commando b’tak has made abundantly clear, his interactions involving other players he can't effortlessly destroy will cause him suffering. More than likely an immense amount of suffering. However, utilitarianism treats this strictly in terms of whether or not his amount of grief will outweigh the pleasure derived from both goons and others by continuously making GBS threads up his safe-space space experience, and even the most favorable accounting could not come to that conclusion. Under utilitarianism, it is moral to grief this carebear gently caress.

Deontological ethics are based on the idea that adhering to an obligation or duty is the highest good, and whether an action can be considered moral is determined by compliance to that duty. Now, if you consider yourself a pirate in this (nonexistent) game, is it not your duty to pirate? If you are a griefer, is it not your obligation to grief? Here we have b’tak, a whale that will feel grief. Contrast the good commando with other (delusional) players. You may have a target of opportunity that is carrying goods to steal, but may view the experience as fun and dynamic even if those goods are lost, feeling no grief. On the other hand, you may have someone feeling grief simply by the inconvenience of piracy, yet never experiencing it in game (no one will, there's no game). At this point, the only guaranteed way to fulfill the moral imperative of carrying out your duty is dunking on the chuckle gently caress known as b’tak.

Conversely, virtue ethics is concerned not with the outcome or effects of an action, but with the character of the actor and their pursuit of virtue in carrying out that action. While the individual motives of all that would cause grief to b’tak can not be determined, there are several scenarios that can fit the criteria for being considered virtuous. For example, one may take his aversion to all things that have the possibility to cause him grief as a type of mental issue, and are attempting exposure therapy in order to help him function like a relatively normal goddamn person in a massively multi-player (non) game. Or perhaps one views the redistribution of the whale’s assets to less well equipped players as just. There are numerous reasons why a player would decide to hunt b’tak, and as long as that player is doing it for a reason that could be considered virtuous, then it would be considered moral in a virtue ethics system.

Perhaps you are a follower of Randian ethics, or objectivism. If so, objectively you should go gently caress yourself.

It is clear that every ethical system examined shows that at a minimum it is acceptable to ruin this his day (if the game ever came out), and in some cases, requires it in order to be considered moral. It is right and just that b’tak feels grief, and when the game fails to release in any form other than a jank rear end tech demo, b’tak will feel grief. Therefore the lack of Star Citizen itself may be considered moral and good. God bless.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIy6cMeFTnc&t=35s

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Sunswipe posted:

I like how even Ben's attempt to eat healthily is done in true CIG style. Rather than order a healthy meal, he orders something stupidly unsuitable and tries to modify it to be something it isn't. CIG: We've learnt from our mistakes and we're sure we could repeat them exactly.

Good observation.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Tokamak posted:

80+% of the poo poo he said is likely coming to 2.4 is not coming. Maybe one thing he said 'might' come (extra movement animation), will be in 2.4 . Hype level - extreme delusions.

Is this vid from the same guy who mentioned about having manic depression? Because hand and glove if so.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You cannot leave now

you aren't even immersed yet

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Also that April Fools from CIG is such a snub. The whole two chairs business is endemic of failed business practices.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Just try and stop me from just posting.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
I get the feeling that Shazbott is not necessarily equipped to offer support advice to unhappy Citizens

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/73184/star-citizen-support-group/p28

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

:shepspends::shepspends::shepspends:

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

B'tak feels grief as he passes the window of a funeral home, the word 'grief' swims into his peripheral vision and he curses the world for such exposure. As he presses on, he can't help but notice a yellow car and a black car next to one another, and B'tak feels even more grief, for it reminds him of the central character from Peanuts and his' regular expression of protestation.

"How could it be good Charlie? How it is possible for there to be a good form of grief?" he mutters incredulously for the hundredth time as he opens a browser on his phone and proceeds to browse the CIG forums for possible solutions to his innumerable circumstances.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Money spent on delaying your mental collapse is a good purchase for these guys. Might be cheaper in the short term than the psych/lifestyle help they truly need?

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

I like how everyone is super distracted by that big benny's thing

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

I like everyone - pink elephant

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Daztek posted:

I like how everyone is super distracted by that big benny's thing
Which big benny are you talking about?

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"

SelenicMartian posted:

Which big benny are you talking about?

Not

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Parallelwoody posted:

I will feel grief: an ethical discussion

One of you may be asking yourself if it is morally acceptable to, in game (that will never be released), hunt b’tak continuously for sport (using mechanics that will never be implemented). This essay will attempt to convince you, using established ethical systems, of whether or not this can be considered an acceptable and morally justifiable position.

Utilitarianism is the concept of maximizing pleasure while minimizing suffering. Now, as commando b’tak has made abundantly clear, his interactions involving other players he can't effortlessly destroy will cause him suffering. More than likely an immense amount of suffering. However, utilitarianism treats this strictly in terms of whether or not his amount of grief will outweigh the pleasure derived from both goons and others by continuously making GBS threads up his safe-space space experience, and even the most favorable accounting could not come to that conclusion. Under utilitarianism, it is moral to grief this carebear gently caress.

Deontological ethics are based on the idea that adhering to an obligation or duty is the highest good, and whether an action can be considered moral is determined by compliance to that duty. Now, if you consider yourself a pirate in this (nonexistent) game, is it not your duty to pirate? If you are a griefer, is it not your obligation to grief? Here we have b’tak, a whale that will feel grief. Contrast the good commando with other (delusional) players. You may have a target of opportunity that is carrying goods to steal, but may view the experience as fun and dynamic even if those goods are lost, feeling no grief. On the other hand, you may have someone feeling grief simply by the inconvenience of piracy, yet never experiencing it in game (no one will, there's no game). At this point, the only guaranteed way to fulfill the moral imperative of carrying out your duty is dunking on the chuckle gently caress known as b’tak.

Conversely, virtue ethics is concerned not with the outcome or effects of an action, but with the character of the actor and their pursuit of virtue in carrying out that action. While the individual motives of all that would cause grief to b’tak can not be determined, there are several scenarios that can fit the criteria for being considered virtuous. For example, one may take his aversion to all things that have the possibility to cause him grief as a type of mental issue, and are attempting exposure therapy in order to help him function like a relatively normal goddamn person in a massively multi-player (non) game. Or perhaps one views the redistribution of the whale’s assets to less well equipped players as just. There are numerous reasons why a player would decide to hunt b’tak, and as long as that player is doing it for a reason that could be considered virtuous, then it would be considered moral in a virtue ethics system.

Perhaps you are a follower of Randian ethics, or objectivism. If so, objectively you should go gently caress yourself.

It is clear that every ethical system examined shows that at a minimum it is acceptable to ruin this his day (if the game ever came out), and in some cases, requires it in order to be considered moral. It is right and just that b’tak feels grief, and when the game fails to release in any form other than a jank rear end tech demo, b’tak will feel grief. Therefore the lack of Star Citizen itself may be considered moral and good. God bless.

That's good work

hakimashou fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Apr 2, 2016

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

:clegg:

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

does not help with the question asked

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
You can do all you do in ED, except mining, trading, exploring, minor things that they haven't enabled yet.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

AP posted:

"Thanks for the awesome cup of coffee"

:lol::lol::lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cave Adapted
Jun 13, 2012

Skellybones posted:

Toops I guess you didn't see this earlier :ohdear:

Wales Class Luxury Super-Cruiser is a favourite mid-weight ship in the Sperg Navy. It allows dozens of well-heeled Admirals, Commodores and Wing Commanders to experience the thrill of space flight in perfect safety and comfort, with no opportunity to feel grief. The highly trained bridge crew will fly their craft near asteroid belts and tiny, non-threatening nebulae so that their extremely wealthy, risk-averse passengers may view the beautiful stellar environment. On rare occasions the Wales has been known to accidentally wander into actual combat zones, but fortunately the massively-overengineered frame is surprisingly resistant to damage, allowing them to usually escape with minimal drinks spilling in the passenger compartment.

All original art too, I didn't steal anything

I thought I'd have a go making this.

Still work to be done but a good start I think.

• Locked thread