Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

:swoon: If you put this on Steam Ill buy it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf
how the gently caress do you people follow this thread.. ahh

eviljack
Feb 26, 2016

You're getting hungry

D1E posted:

Is that it?

Is Chris Roberts using Ben as a drug mule, taking advantage of his cavernous stomach to transport cocaine in condoms?

I can't say one way or the other, but let's just say I was able to figure it out after I harnessed 5,347 GPUs on AWS to brute-force the encrypted message with a custom decrypter I wrote in assembly :smuggo:

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Sillybones posted:

Hey cultists. Why don't you just loving post here instead of living the thread second hand?

Because then they'd be… [gulp] infected.

Also, how would they know who's right and who's wrong without karma to tell them, and they'd be exposed to all these nasty evil people and their Lovecraftean-horroresque ideas. Who knows what suffering their minds would be subjected to before they could find the block function.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Alan Smithee posted:

I'd love to hear your top 5 for posterity

1. Chris Roberts / Star Citizen (tentative position based on current performance)
2. Curt Schilling, 38 Studios, & the State of Rhode Island (qualifies for actually criminal)
3. Microsoft's Xbox One strategy in 2013
4. The death of THQ & the uDraw
5. EA's MMO failures

Honorable mentions 6-10 in some order: DNF, EA SimCity, Ion Storm, Too Human, the VirtualBoy

Daikatana, like Battlecruiser3000, is more remembered for the expectations vs results disparity

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

D_Smart posted:

Yeah, I know. This is why I simply can't talk about it. At all.

:negative:

But you leaked it to select people and gave out enough hints that others have been able to figure it out. So if there's some legal ramifications here, you're going to get hit regardless. :ughh:

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

LowellDND posted:

:swoon: If you put this on Steam Ill buy it.

All of this has happened before, and will happen again.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

D1E posted:

Do all of the labels on cans/front sides of boxes in your pantry need to be facing "forwards"?

Cuz I do that too.

I used to have to make my bed and vacuum my place before I could go out the door.

Now I'm on Prozac and it's kind of blissful not stressing about that kind of thing anymore.

Yeah. But as I got older, I got the hang of it. Meditation also helps.

My latest thing is battling my teenager on stacking the dishwasher. Now I don't even go in there. It's harrowing. I don't know why she thinks they put a special section for GLASSES.

The biggest problem I have atm, is cleaning my glasses. I don't even what to talk about that. I go through a box of 200 Zeiss cleaners in a week.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

General Olloth posted:

For a while, I didn't care about the money I dropped on this game, because I've spent money on worse things.

Just finally bothered to request a refund out of principle.

This Wu Tang secret was enough for me to push the button.

I've a bad feeling you might be too late

Brumaldo
Jun 29, 2013

A Neurotic Jew posted:

its ok you can still post.

its now or never anyway.

Ok. I will share the sorrowful tale of my grudge against star citizen.

Some of my friends spent dumb amounts of money during the kickstarter/early days of funding. Then the game became an MMO overnight and they got even more hype, for some reason.
I told them this new 'vision' had a snowball's chance in hell of ever being realized, and they laughed.

A few weeks ago I was told that the PU had made amazing progress, and that it was my last chance to buy a cheapo package before it was gone forever.
Not even pgabz videos could dissuade them.

Now I wait for the day of reckoning.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Google Butt posted:

Did legal sign off on this April fools prank?

It wasn't a prank; so ofc they had to sign off on it.

Nellistos
Mar 2, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpbbuaIA3Ds
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zETVr04XUE4

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

We're just waiting for the hammer to fall.

Ponzi
Feb 21, 2016

DEPORTED FROM FLAVOR TOWN

ICSA 67 LOSER
Fun Shoe

Variable 5 posted:

But you leaked it to select people and gave out enough hints that others have been able to figure it out. So if there's some legal ramifications here, you're going to get hit regardless. :ughh:

It about those that do know having the sense not to go public ahead of time. I presume if Beer knows it's because Derek told him, and because they have a history he trusts Beer not to do anything stupid.

Either that or the code is a joke and in reality Beer knows nothing.

eviljack
Feb 26, 2016

You're getting hungry

I guess you can say it's the final countdown.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Brumaldo posted:

Ok. I will share the sorrowful tale of my grudge against star citizen.

Some of my friends spent dumb amounts of money during the kickstarter/early days of funding. Then the game became an MMO overnight and they got even more hype, for some reason.
I told them this new 'vision' had a snowball's chance in hell of ever being realized, and they laughed.

A few weeks ago I was told that the PU had made amazing progress, and that it was my last chance to buy a cheapo package before it was gone forever.
Not even pgabz videos could dissuade them.

Now I wait for the day of reckoning.

I just told two people to consider refunding.

They immediately went to "WHERE DID YOU HEAR THIS?! SA?! THAT CRACKPOT DEREK SMART WANTS TO DESTROY STAR CITIZEN" and started comparing people suddenly refunding out of SC to the stock markets crashing to begin the Great Depression.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

CIG's accounts have been frozen?

Salynne
Oct 25, 2007

SomethingJones posted:

I've a bad feeling you might be too late

Yeah, I think so too.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3
Hail.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Milky Moor posted:

comparing people suddenly refunding out of SC to the stock markets crashing to begin the Great Depression.

man I wish

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Milky Moor posted:

They immediately went to "WHERE DID YOU HEAR THIS?! SA?! THAT CRACKPOT DEREK SMART WANTS TO DESTROY STAR CITIZEN" and started comparing people suddenly refunding out of SC to the stock markets crashing to begin the Great Depression.

To be fair, everything we've seen so far suggest that there will be a great depression. It just won't extend beyond the faithful, that's all.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
Someone put Derek smart in the bane mask

"I am the Verse's reckoning. Here to end the borrowed money you've all been living on."

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Milky Moor posted:

Well yeah. When SC fails it won't be the multiple special edition Porsche, the mansions, the 5 figure coffee machine with classes and an instructor included with purchase.

It won't be the technical debt, the complete mess of development, all the testimonials, the focus on poo poo nobody cares about (SQ42) or the mumbling retard at the top who has dreams of being a hollywood director.

It will be because we all didn't believe hard enough in the dream. We failed Star Citizen.

Also I don't have the patience to National Treasure poo poo, so gently caress all of you coy douches.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
There's only one soundtrack for this thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFTLKWw542g

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer
ok

And bout to give this encryption riddle thing a going at, been a few moons since i last tried my hand at it so i'm telling you Derek this better be the most awesome chillie recipe ever that i'm about to unlock.. :shepicide:

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

MeLKoR posted:

There's only one soundtrack for this thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFTLKWw542g

Nice try, goonie. You know what you did.

…I just don't know how the Faith Militant will spin it to make it their gospel, but we all know it will happen. It'll be fun to see.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3
A great little song that the remaining backers might like to send to CR
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSYV-nEE300&t=27s

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Working on some stuff, but here's a cat in the meantime. I'm not entirely crazy about the text.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Fat Shat Sings posted:

Well yeah. When SC fails it won't be the multiple special edition Porsche, the mansions, the 5 figure coffee machine with classes and an instructor included with purchase.

It won't be the technical debt, the complete mess of development, all the testimonials, the focus on poo poo nobody cares about (SQ42) or the mumbling retard at the top who has dreams of being a hollywood director.

It will be because we all didn't believe hard enough in the dream. We failed Star Citizen.

Also I don't have the patience to National Treasure poo poo, so gently caress all of you coy douches.

We've got one of their scripts now. Pretty soon we'll know how they think. And then we'll know how to beat them. One day it will all be over... and everyone will forget that this was the moment. This is when it turned. And it wasn't the mighty Goons, it wasn't some fancy new shitposting. It was an indie developer named Smart who promised "Two weeks."

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

If CIG's accounts are frozen does that mean Sandi is going to have to start using her own money to pay for the acting classes, spa days, first-class travel, Porsches, martial arts training, butlers and maids, personal chef and nannies, etc.?

I don't think she would be too happy about that.

Full Metal Boxers
Feb 20, 2007

COME LITTLE BITCOIN.... COME MY WAY.....IN THE MID NIGHT HOUR... I YELL NO NO NO... WITH A REBEL YELL I YELL MORE MORE MORE.... BIT COIN... I WANT TO FUCK YOU

Milky Moor posted:

Someone put Derek smart in the bane mask

"I am the Verse's reckoning. Here to end the borrowed money you've all been living on."

If you didn't read this in that ridiculous voice in your head, you're lying.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Eonwe posted:

They told me because they were tired of me saying was an April fools thing, and it owns guys
i'm not convinced that this isn't just everyone trolling the thread

because i'm too dumb to ~crack the code~

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Sunswipe posted:

We've got one of their scripts now. Pretty soon we'll know how they think. And then we'll know how to beat them. One day it will all be over... and everyone will forget that this was the moment. This is when it turned. And it wasn't the mighty Goons, it wasn't some fancy new shitposting. It was an indie developer named Smart who promised "Two weeks."

:allears:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

https://www.reddit.com/r/DerekSmart/comments/4d3bnl/derek_smarts_mercury_code_contains_the_ele_on/d1nihqw?context=3

Full Metal Boxers
Feb 20, 2007

COME LITTLE BITCOIN.... COME MY WAY.....IN THE MID NIGHT HOUR... I YELL NO NO NO... WITH A REBEL YELL I YELL MORE MORE MORE.... BIT COIN... I WANT TO FUCK YOU

Sunswipe posted:

Would you like to post more?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

No Mods No Masters posted:

Dear commandos,

I know you guys are reading this thread, why not show your confidence in this project by buying my special edition reclaimer space ship for a song, hit me up nomodsnomasters at gmail

For a jpeg of this quality I will give you three dollars American, and a photograph of Derek Smart's cock.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

XK posted:

I hear you. I've been through 20 years of trying different things, and nothing ever worked out. All that stuff usually only made me worse, or at best, did nothing. In addition, the explicit anti-anxiety meds (benzos) are the devil if you get hooked into them long-term.

Quitting Paxil cold turkey is supposed to really suck, I've only heard about Effexor being worse.

Yeah, it sucked. But I did it. And never looked back. Haven't taken ANY sort of anxiety meds since then.

Since I never - ever - smoked in my life, and only a social drinker (no beer, hard liquor or any of that - just fine wine), I don't get addicted to anything.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

A Neurotic Jew posted:

at first I was convinced it was a prank, but its hard for me to imagine this many goons maintaining a united poker face for more than 5 minutes, so now I'm not sure what to think.

It's glorious. If ANYONE offers to give it to you, try to resist the urge. Just wait till Monday.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Full Metal Boxers posted:

Would you like to post more?

For all of you new Citizens I have only one rule. Everyone Donates, No one charges back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Sunswipe posted:

:golfclap:

• Locked thread