Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Mozi posted:

sometimes you need a lot of eyes at once and need to take out an eye loan

Are there the penis equivalent?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Darth123123 posted:

Are there the penis equivalent?

Ask your mom

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

spacemang_spliff posted:

:smith: gently caress I love spotify

I'd say try google play music except the iPhone app randomly stops playing in the background so idk. but a paid subscription let's you watch that youtube red pewdiepie show.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

swims posted:

The gently caress is an eye bank?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tZ7SR986Xc

bucksmash
Mar 11, 2002

My company. A book wholesaler who has done business for 30 years is dead as of today. gently caress Penguin and Random House merging and cutting us out and leaving us high and dry. I thought it'd be Amazon putting us out of business. Not one of our biggest suppliers.

So anyone in Seattle or surrounding areas in Washington, hope you like waiting a couple extra days for your special orders cause they're coming from out of state now. Or just buy from Costco or Amazon, whatever, I don't loving care anymore. [/bitter]

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
go write a book about it

vvv my book would be more exciting with more failures and less staring at things

Mozi has a new favorite as of 19:21 on Apr 1, 2016

bucksmash
Mar 11, 2002

Mozi posted:

go write a book about it
A book about failure

Cool can I borrow your biography

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
I miss Bookpool.com

Na'at
May 5, 2003

You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star
Lipstick Apathy

Sydin posted:

It's not a public company but Spotify is probably going to eat poo poo in the next year or two. It was one thing when they were losing money hand over fist as the only game in town, but now they're losing money hand over fist and Apple Music is stealing all their paying subscribers.

Apple Music is going to hurt Spotify the same way apple radio hurt Pandora.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
I'm honestly surprised that cell companies getting rid of unlimited data plans didn't kill all these music streaming apps.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

I'm honestly surprised that cell companies getting rid of unlimited data plans didn't kill all these music streaming apps.

Eh, I stream Spotify and Google Music off my phone all the time and I rarely come close to my 4GB cap. Especially since I have wifi at work and at home. IIRC you can set both apps to switch to lower-quality streaming when you're not on wifi.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

drunk asian neighbor posted:

Eh, I stream Spotify and Google Music off my phone all the time and I rarely come close to my 4GB cap. Especially since I have wifi at work and at home. IIRC you can set both apps to switch to lower-quality streaming when you're not on wifi.

I guess it makes sense; Verizon and the like aren't really in competition with music companies. But man is it gonna be a shitshow when all ISPs enact data caps once every cancels cable and switches to Hulu and Netflix.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

I guess it makes sense; Verizon and the like aren't really in competition with music companies. But man is it gonna be a shitshow when all ISPs enact data caps once every cancels cable and switches to Hulu and Netflix.

this will be what starts the revolution, not some yokels taking over a bird watching stand. there will be blood in the streets

Pump it up! Do it!
Oct 3, 2012

You can just have your spotify playlists offline?

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Otisburg posted:

this will be what starts the revolution, not some yokels taking over a bird watching stand. there will be blood in the streets

probably true

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Doesn't T Mobile exclude music streaming services from data tolling?

Captain Cornflake
Apr 2, 2016

um excuse me posted:

Sears: Who the hell shops at Sears? Even the Craftsman tools aren't what they used to be.

I'll keep buying Craftsman just so I can keep breaking screwdrivers and wrenches using them as pry tools, then run up to the store for that sweet "lifetime warranty" exchange.

Other than that though.... gently caress. I made the mistake of letting their tire center do the alignment on my Bronco (I knew it was a bad idea, but I was broke and had a Sears credit card) and it took multiple visits and they STILL couldn't get it right. Eventually I just had to give up and go to another alignment shop and have them unfuck the mess Sears made on my truck.

Or the occasional "hey I ordered this tool a goddamn month ago and it's still not in yet" wait, that one's fun too. Serious love/hate relationship with Sears.

EDIT: T-Mobile has yet to give me poo poo about using Spotify pretty much all the time. Then again I'm in some weird Windows Phone loophole where they apparently can't tell I'm using the mobile hotspot thing that I'm supposed to be paying extra for. :smuggo:

Captain Cornflake has a new favorite as of 12:39 on Apr 2, 2016

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

MechaFrogzilla posted:

T Mobile is the only one with unlimited data though.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

T Mobile is the only one with unlimited data though.

No they're not

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

bradzilla posted:

No they're not

Only if you wanna count... *snickers*... Sprint!

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Captain Cornflake posted:

I'll keep buying Craftsman just so I can keep breaking screwdrivers and wrenches using them as pry tools, then run up to the store for that sweet "lifetime warranty" exchange.

Why don't you just buy a pry bar instead of wasting your time and gas?

Captain Cornflake
Apr 2, 2016

Professor Shark posted:

Why don't you just buy a pry bar instead of wasting your time and gas?

You can't hook a pry bar onto the end of another wrench.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Then again I'm in some weird Windows Phone loophole where they apparently can't tell I'm using the mobile hotspot thing that I'm supposed to be paying extra for. :smuggo:

literally the only thing i miss about using an android phone

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

You can't hook a pry bar onto the end of another wrench.

Why not have just an even cheaper cylindrical metal rod :psyduck:

We're talking about a mini cheat-bar, right? For leverage or whatever?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Buca di Bepis posted:

literally the only thing i miss about using an android phone

Is it still a feature the telcos overlook on android? that sounds tempting.

Captain Cornflake
Apr 2, 2016

Professor Shark posted:

Why not have just an even cheaper cylindrical metal rod :psyduck:

We're talking about a mini cheat-bar, right? For leverage or whatever?

I guess that's what one would call it?

Anyways, it's not like tools are breaking constantly over here. I do maybe one or two exchanges a year. It's just reassuring that I can be sloppy as hell with my tools and have ~glorious lifetime warranty~ to abuse when I inevitably gently caress poo poo up and break things.

Tim Burns Effect
Apr 1, 2011

MechaFrogzilla posted:

They also exclude services like Netflix from counting towards your data.

What makes this hilarious is that I just bought a phone from a T-Mobile store and on the desk there was a sign saying "We are committed to Net Neutrality!"

like buddy i appreciate the free video streaming but that's basically the opposite of what net neutrality is

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Barnes and Noble actually split Nook into a separate company a few years back. Then they sold part of Nook to Microsoft. They just bought back that chunk a year or two ago.

They are hosed though because they let people use all their electricity and stock the place with free magazines and sit there scratching their heads when people sped $0-$2 and sit there all day.

Magazine sales have fallen by 15% every year for the last 5-6 years. It's basically a service they provide.

BN has pushed toys heavy now. Cutting down on a variety of titles and and stocking the core essentials for schools and whatever Oprah or Twitter declares the next Gone Girl.

They also want all their stores to host all these free events which amount to coloring for kids and the company will give each store $0 to promote and plan. Then the regional manager shows up angry because no one showed up!

They also want retail employees to suck the BN dick and go on their own Twitter and Facebook accounts to promote the company.

I echo the person on page 2 that said BN will be gone by 2020.

Source: Me, a former BN manager.

Beastie has a new favorite as of 19:15 on Apr 2, 2016

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

I honestly don't understand why they don't put magazines in sealed plastic bags. I suppose the cost would be an issue, plus pollution from the extra plastic. Maybe the idea that only Adult mags come in sealed plastic? I donno.

Metal Hammer magazine does that, and it was nice to crack open a clean zine that hasn't been fondled by everyone and their sticky starbucks fingers. Truthfully if I could have read it in store I never would have bought them, so it only encouraged me to spend money to find out about my fav bands.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

People will still open them. The stores don't have the hours to dedicate someone walking up and down the newsstand making sure that poo poo isn't opened. I've caught customers opening Penthouse in broad daylight. I've caught customers opening a long distance bike magazine because they wanted the headband out of the package. Most people have zero remorse and zero intention of making a purchase.

Then they bitch because they can't find the magazine they intend to not buy. We probably have it, it's sitting in the back in a stack of 15 magazine boxes that have been festering for two days because no one has the time to put them out to not make money. Double-ly so if it's the holiday season.

naem
May 29, 2011

Borders books was my teenage hangout everyone went there to, not spend money and drink coffee for a dollar

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Beastie posted:

They also want retail employees to suck the BN dick and go on their own Twitter and Facebook accounts to promote the company.

If this thread has taught me anything it's that when your employer starts to do this it's time to start looking for another job

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Otisburg posted:

i'm getting riled up just by reading that post because you know it's going to happen

Beastie posted:

that's some bullshit right there. keep work life at work

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Professor Shark posted:

If this thread has taught me anything it's that when your employer starts to do this it's time to start looking for another job

I'm actually instructed the opposite, NEVER tweet about your company. That's what our pr dept is for. Makes you think about which is worse. My company is hiding some poo poo. I know. I know.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Nonsense posted:

Is it still a feature the telcos overlook on android? that sounds tempting.

PDANet hides tethering usage

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

how common is the practice of forcing employees to boost their companies on social media? someone else posted about how bars do that all the time

Twat McTwatterson
May 31, 2011

Kallev posted:

Coming in on the Gamestop thing, I'm pretty sure the store near me is some sort of lab rat for re-branding solutions. Recently-ish, they rented out the building next door in their strip mall for a month, and tried to organize all sorts of gaming events there like, they had a pokemon swap meet and a card game tourney. They did events for two weeks, got roughly zero attendance, and just let the extra space sit empty for their remaining two weeks. They tried to circulate some sort of rare games auction as well, the basic gist being that when you buy rare games online, you have no guarantee on the condition of the game. So bring all your collectibles to Gamestop, where underpaid teenagers will provide expert verification, and trade away. I got really curious and went down, there was one guy there trying to sell the N64 Mario game and who was looking for some PS2 game I had never heard of. Gamestop themselves brought their own finest to the table, showing off a whole collection of the Call of Duty and Medal of Honor games. I never saw anyone that looked even vaguely like a manager, so maybe the employees have just gone feral.

really motherfucker, that's what you call it? The n64 mario game? not loving mario 64 like, uh, every person on planet earth?

jesus loving christ

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They didn't force it on anyone, but I had plenty of people above me tell me that it would be great if the whole store would tweet about their top holiday gift picks out of the merch and use a specific hashtag.

They also spent an ungodly amount of money on a computer scheduling program that actually cut people's shifts by literal minutes. It was billed as a super efficient way to schedule certain types of employees at rush hours but all it ended up doing is sending both the cafe people on break at the same time.

God I wish we still had an Adventures in Retail thread.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

Eh I have to promote my organization on social media all the time. Then again I work for a political party who just won the election massive so not always a sign the place is going in the shitter?

In Canada for content is jumbo video. Like blockbuster with gamestop merged to it. (Called microplay) which is why they haven't fully died yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tim Burns Effect
Apr 1, 2011

Y-Hat posted:

how common is the practice of forcing employees to boost their companies on social media? someone else posted about how bars do that all the time

in college we had to post/tweet/advertise the lovely tv pilot we were making in our tv pilot class or else they knocked off points