Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Thoatse posted:

Found some footage leaked back in time 2 weeks from now :pgabz:

what is even the context, is that andy samberg doing a bit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Justin Tyme posted:

I mean, technically linking to the library of babel book that contains the terrible secret of space wouldn't really be leaking would it? It was there the whole time for anyone to see...

This is where Bradley Manning hosed up.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Skellybones posted:

That looks unreasonably fun. I bet the skin is like really thick rubber matting.

It's all fun and games until you hit the rotten part and it ruptures releasing the pressurized gases of decomposition and showers you with a firehose of liquefied rancid fat and organs.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

XK posted:

It's all fun and games until you hit the rotten part and it ruptures releasing the pressurized gases of decomposition and showers you with a firehose of liquefied rancid fat and organs.

But enough about Ben.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Thoatse posted:

Found some footage leaked back in time 2 weeks from now :pgabz:

Are you from the future and did you travel here to save the whales like Star Trek IV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-vREvJHH9Y

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:
Man, this intermission is taking a while. But I guess that gives everyone enough time to buy snacks, or try and find a copy of the programme so they know what will happen in Act 3 Scene 2

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Mr.Tophat posted:

Man, this intermission is taking a while. But I guess that gives everyone enough time to buy snacks, or try and find a copy of the programme so they know what will happen in Act 3 Scene 2

*wakes up*

oh poo poo is sthis still going on

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Alan Smithee posted:

*wakes up*

oh poo poo is sthis still going on

Yeah, the fat lady hasn't sung yet but they're calling last orders at the charge back so get your skates on

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Skellybones posted:

That looks unreasonably fun. I bet the skin is like really thick rubber matting.

Probably feels like jumping in a moon-bounce until you fall through a rot spot

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Get your skates on, get your skates on, in this lovely JPEG, only $20

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
I think I'm not in the target market for Star Citizen. I don't think having a second life IN SPAACE would be fun at all, but I do like to play GAMES.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Pro-click.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8ggzywqbQc&t=310s

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Have you ever played a game in the last fives years?

If so, you are not the right fit for Star Citizen, you've already sullied your ideas of what games development is

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

True goon.

Derek Smart will always have a place in SA.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Thoatse posted:

Probably feels like jumping in a moon-bounce until you fall through a rot spot

can you imagine the panic sets in after thinking you were so loving cool making a viral video like "oh gently caress oh gently caress im going to loving drown in this putrid stench of blubber and my death will be a punchline"

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

starkebn posted:

I think I'm not in the target market for Star Citizen. I don't think having a second life IN SPAACE would be fun at all, but I do like to play GAMES.
Well maybe Star Citizen just isn't for you :smug:

But yeah, Second Life in space is pretty much the best way to describe what Shitizens want.

Ptolo
Oct 31, 2011
Thank you all for this wonderful thread.

Especially Derek, you national treasure you.

:five:

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

starkebn posted:

I can't wait.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYuxT4CR_nM&t=400s

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Alan Smithee posted:

can you imagine the panic sets in after thinking you were so loving cool making a viral video like "oh gently caress oh gently caress im going to loving drown in this putrid stench of blubber and my death will be a punchline"

I want to report feeling grief due to your instruction to 'imagine'

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
Derek is really right, thats why I dont play games anymore. Its all about making money now.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Kakarot posted:

Derek is really right, thats why I dont play games anymore. Its all about making money now.

His game design makes a lot more sense if you work from the assumption that he doesn't expect anyone to buy them.

TheCoach
Mar 11, 2014
Since someone posted cool mods here I just went and checked and X3: Babylon 5 is still doing mod progress updates(for some reason only trough facebook, last post was a week ago), and they are good quality content updates so they are definitely doing progress.
That mod is gigantic in scope but has a really good hope of actually finishing.

Here's a couple of their really outdated trailers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5xQyRSzkrM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FJ0TTTU00E

They are doing all of the original ships in the show and then gently caress know how many extended universe stuff to fully flesh out each and every race.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

TheCoach posted:

Since someone posted cool mods here I just went and checked and X3: Babylon 5 is still doing mod progress updates(for some reason only trough facebook, last post was a week ago), and they are good quality content updates so they are definitely doing progress.

They are doing all of the original ships in the show and then gently caress know how many extended universe stuff to fully flesh out each and every race.

It's really mean of them to have better graphics than the original TV show. :D

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
This big benny thing is veering quickly from sad into pathetic (didn't see this posted in the million pages I had to read today, you guys post too much)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9UXzkevqC8

Edit: that's by *far* the most active thread at r/starcitizen

trucutru fucked around with this message at 11:12 on Apr 3, 2016

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

I finally cracked the code, but I wish I hadn't. This changes everything.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

TheCoach posted:

meanwhile croberts got 110 million dollars to piss away on nothing

:rip:

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

hakimashou posted:

meanwhile croberts got 110 million dollars to piss away on nothing

:rip:

i sit here and think

gently caress

what if blue planet got 110 million

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

TheCoach posted:

:vince:

Skellybones posted:

His game design makes a lot more sense if you work from the assumption that he doesn't expect anyone to buy them.
Pretty much. When I saw the mystery thing, I immediately recognized it as old-school Derek Smart. Well, Beer did it, but y'know. The point is that it's more fun when it's difficult.

A big part of BC3000/UC is learning how to figure things out on your own with no handholding. Playing with systems, engineering, etc. He has an autistic engineer personality. Which means he's Always Right (because he's an engineer, you see). And his games reflect his personality more than most games do with their developers.

Most people who try playing them simply don't relate (which is totally cool), but the ones who review-bomb the Steam page are in fact idiots who don't understand that you have to read a thick manual to do things.

BrutalistMcDonalds fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Apr 3, 2016

TheCoach
Mar 11, 2014
B5 X3 should really post a god damned update on their site though, the last one is over a year old and on their FB the latest content update is like a week old, it really really gives the wrong message to people who never bother to find their FB.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Kilmers Elbow posted:

According to his profile at WCNews Ben Lesnick is 34 years old.

I'm pretty sure I won't look like him in 2 years

feels great

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Kilmers Elbow posted:

According to his profile at WCNews Ben Lesnick is 34 years old.

He looks so much more than that. Isn't his hair greying?

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

E:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhdDuS4jYlU

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Wikkheiser posted:

Most people who try playing them simply don't relate (which is totally cool), but the ones who review-bomb the Steam page are in fact idiots who don't understand that you have to read a thick manual to do things.
These are the same kind of people who play Morrowind and cry because there aren't any quest markers or map based fast travel to help them.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

CrazyTolradi posted:

These are the same kind of people who play Morrowind and cry because there aren't any quest markers or map based fast travel to help them.
Feed those false gamers to Dagoth Ur.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

CrazyTolradi posted:

Of course, everyone cries when it comes to Daggerfall.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Wikkheiser posted:

Feed those false gamers to Dagoth Ur.

Original effeminate sounding Dagoth Ur and not the terrible "scary" deep voice one in the "improvement" pack. Dagoth Ur is not Sauron you stupid loving modders!!!!!!!

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

SelenicMartian posted:

That's just because they don't know how to halt properly.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

SelenicMartian posted:

That game is still amazing, I give no fucks what anyone else will say. So loving broken and yet, so loving great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

boviscopophobic posted:

I finally cracked the code, but I wish I hadn't. This changes everything.

I hate everything ;______; It doesn't help that my internet's making GBS threads itself so I don't have any chance of cracking it or downloading anything to crack it :(

• Locked thread