Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Night Danger Moose posted:

Needed a new phone lock screen wallpaper after I gave her a gentle scrub.

They look so good in yellow. Nice car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Super Aggro Crag posted:

They look so good in yellow. Nice car.

It is nice but I was more impressed with getting such an easy to memorize non-vanity plate. Three Ax Twenty-five hundred! I can't remember the plate I got 4 years ago, just that the MD war of 1812 background goes well with my blue paint.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

davebo posted:

It is nice but I was more impressed with getting such an easy to memorize non-vanity plate. Three Ax Twenty-five hundred! I can't remember the plate I got 4 years ago, just that the MD war of 1812 background goes well with my blue paint.

I got the plate in September 2012, I was really lucky to get an easy one. I've been thinking of getting a custom plate with the yellow "save our farms" background to match the paint though, I'm not fond of how the current one looks.

savesthedayrocks
Mar 18, 2004
Glad I'm not the only one that picked my license plate based on the color. $25 a year is well worth not having the red, white, and blue Idaho monstrosity.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Rib Feast posted:

Here's mine, someone wanted to build their portfolio so they took some nice snaps of it.

New TT looks nice.

Geology
Nov 6, 2005

sk8bored posted:

Traded in my FJ cruiser for something fun again

I went the wrx route so I could keep both.

Pulled the skid plates this weekend to make room for swapping in a locked front diff :homebrew:

Rib Feast
Feb 18, 2003

NitroSpazzz posted:

Is that your daily driver or a fun car for weekends? I've talked to a few people around here that daily them and they absolutely love it. Despite what the car is capable of they say it's very comfortable and livable with for an only car. Though that seems to be more common for super cars and beyond these days.

I got to do a few laps around a track in one a few years ago and drat that's a fun car.

It was my daily, but I moved to within 10 mins from work, so often just walk in. You can absolutely daily drive it - the suspension was leagues ahead of the C63 I had, and even in manual it's easy to row the gears in traffic. Clutch is super easy, good visibility all round.

I put a tune, exhaust, and pedal mod on the car so it's a little rawer now, but would still be happy to daily it if I needed to.

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

The only things I'm missing between these two are something comfy, and a pickup to get stuff dumped into the back off a front-end loader.

...And a front-end loader, I'm missing that too.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Geology posted:

I went the wrx route so I could keep both.

Pulled the skid plates this weekend to make room for swapping in a locked front diff :homebrew:

I love the graphics on the FJ! More pics please!

Geology
Nov 6, 2005

Rhyno posted:

I love the graphics on the FJ! More pics please!

A few from Big Bend a couple of weeks ago

rest of series
https://goo.gl/photos/QE7b4goLNctjoh5d7

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Why are you carrying a screaming egyptian sandman in that pack?

emotive
Dec 26, 2006

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Aww yeahh I kind of missed your car but what do you do if you ever have to drive over an apron of some sort?

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Geology posted:

rest of series

HOLY gently caress! YES! I love it. :) I hope your plate is IRNMN or something.
edit: It's not, you need to do it.

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

RPF-1s Look Good On Anything™

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Hnngh.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

Geology posted:

I have always had a thing for the new FJs and I'm loving hard right now. Was that a custom paintjob/vinyl? My old Jeep's paint is largely done which is fine because it's just for thrashing offroad, but I am always backburnering ideas for fun 80's retro resprays I can do myself.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Geology posted:

rest of series

I absofuckinglutely love the color on your FJ.

TheGoatTrick
Aug 1, 2002

Semi-aquatic personification of unstoppable douchery

savesthedayrocks posted:

Glad I'm not the only one that picked my license plate based on the color.

:hf:

Sucks that I can't get the back one in normal white and the front in black.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Geology posted:

rest of series

Wow, I straight up love this....

Fuelslt1
Jun 23, 2007
Maybe if I sell enough undercoating, I'll eventually stop being a gigantic prick.

Geology posted:

rest of series

We need (demand) a build thread.

superscumbag
Oct 25, 2012
I kind of bought a new car, just can't have it until the end of 2017. If I'm lucky.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Tremek posted:

I think you misspelled "a massive increase in reliability and power"? Head gaskets and PHHs are a thing of the past with the 2uz-fe and 3ur-fe.

the 1FZ engine is where the supra guys go when they run out of capacity in the 2JZ engines.... they're stupidly strong engines that absolutely go off their tits when fed boost.

Thirsty as all gently caress in a big heavy 4wd tho!

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

superscumbag posted:

I kind of bought a new car, just can't have it until the end of 2017. If I'm lucky.

Probably more like 2019 and I hope you weren't counting on that rebate.

Geology
Nov 6, 2005

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

I have always had a thing for the new FJs and I'm loving hard right now. Was that a custom paintjob/vinyl? My old Jeep's paint is largely done which is fine because it's just for thrashing offroad, but I am always backburnering ideas for fun 80's retro resprays I can do myself.

I just bought some rolls of 3M 1080 vinyl from Amazon and did it myself. It was my first time doing vinyl so I made a lot of mistakes, but it looks okay from a distance. I suggest coming up with a simple design and trying it yourself. Probably you'll get comfortable enough to try more complicated designs and then your jeep becomes a canvas and you can switch out the vinyl whenever you get bored.

There's a lot more work to do to complete the Ivan Stewart look on my but :effort:

I'll write a build thread later on this week.

fingerling
Mar 7, 2010
I miss when the title had something to do with me; bringin' it back with these totally pointless $600 exhaust mirrors;

Simbaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Anyway, I spent ~$500 on a respray last week, was supposed to take a few days, but like any tradesman, they take their sweet time. Front bar, grille and the mirrors were all colour matched as best as possible -

Said front bumper/grille prior to paint;

So nothing too bad, but just annoyed me enough to actually get it fixed.
To now;

Dude upsold me on the undercoating headlight restoration, so they're now bright as can be :sun:

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

bought a 2004 maxima with just over 30k miles last week, pretty sure it has every option available.

gotta get an ipod/iphone interface for it and clean up the headlights, plus get one little scratch on the right qp touched up, other than that it's in amazing condition.

RapeWhistle
May 26, 2009
Here's a few shots during the alignment after suspension overhaul. How bad is my taste with regards to the wheels?

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!

RapeWhistle posted:

Here's a few shots during the alignment after suspension overhaul. How bad is my taste with regards to the wheels?
Could be worse, at least your car is black. Your stance is really nice though. Not too low and bang on flush. My only nitpick would be the blacked out rings on the grille.

RapeWhistle
May 26, 2009

willroc7 posted:

Could be worse, at least your car is black. Your stance is really nice though. Not too low and bang on flush. My only nitpick would be the blacked out rings on the grille.

They're actually LY7P which is the titanium color for the Ti package. :goonsay:

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!

RapeWhistle posted:

They're actually LY7P which is the titanium color for the Ti package. :goonsay:

And you ditched the titanium wheels? For shame!

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

baram. posted:

bought a 2004 maxima with just over 30k miles last week, pretty sure it has every option available.

gotta get an ipod/iphone interface for it and clean up the headlights, plus get one little scratch on the right qp touched up, other than that it's in amazing condition.

Nice! I loved my '08 Max. Just traded it a couple months ago as we wanted something bigger for the dogs/kid. Mine was a great car though..never gave me any trouble and I love the sound of the VQ.

e: this was mine, before I plasti-dipped the grille black:

angryhampster fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Apr 10, 2016

intheflesh
Nov 4, 2008
First decent picture I have in the two drat years I've owned it.
2000 A6 2.7T quattro with the 6 speed
Comparatively light for a full size luxo sedan at 3750 lbs, but moves pretty well with ~300HP after a mild tune

EDIT Is this better? My browser automatically resizes like all modern browsers should, so I have no clue is this shows up as an acceptable size or not.

I just realized this is the first car I've kept for more than 18 months
(except for project cars that never get finished but they don't count)

intheflesh fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Apr 10, 2016

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
How are people still not realizing how to post images from their phones? Nice flowers and fence though I guess?

Edit: vv well I guess it's my browser then because that image is 3500 pixels wide and it's showing all of it. There's nothing in the post to make it scale but I guess some browsers take it upon themselves to do that now.

davebo fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Apr 10, 2016

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

davebo posted:

How are people still not realizing how to post images from their phones? Nice flowers and fence though I guess?

Sorry about your tiny screen? Doesn't break tables on 1920.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Those Maximas with the 3.5L VQ motor are deceptive-goddamn-ly quick to.

At least the one I drove ('05) seemed that way to me at the time. It definitely taught me a practical lesson about torque steer.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

365 Nog Hogger posted:

Sorry about your tiny screen? Doesn't break tables on 1920.

It doesn't break the tables at any resolution, it scales. :v:

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
It broke that post's table on Firefox, but I'm a big boy and just scrolled to the right a little.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

PCOS Bill posted:

It broke that post's table on Firefox, but I'm a big boy and just scrolled to the right a little.

A little? That car's practically lifesized on my screen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

baram. posted:

Nice. My buddy just bought an 05 Maxima 6-speed with 150,XXX on Friday for $2,000. New clutch and tires, CAI and CBE.