Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Fortunately it turned out just to be something someone on reddit microwaved, although that still leaves the question why.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
For info the sticker says "fresh horse meat". I know exactly which supermarket it came from.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

left_unattended posted:

YES. Everyone else looks at me like I'm crazy but this is legitimately the best.

Hells YEAH! Fries gotta be pretty salty though. Got a huge grin a couple episodes of Legends of Tomorrow back when they were in the 50's and the kid that is half of Firestorm showed a girl about fries and shakes.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

cash crab posted:

WOW. That was so much meatier than I was anticipating

It was AWESOME! (Especially when I broke it down temporarily to add layers of Horsey Sauce)

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

For info the sticker says "fresh horse meat". I know exactly which supermarket it came from.

I want to try horse. Serious bucket list material. (Not because it scares me, but because of availability)

Samizdata has a new favorite as of 19:28 on Apr 3, 2016

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

A Big Montana is just a normal roast beef with more meat than usual. I'd be amazed if adding more meat had somehow managed to ruin the sandwich. Sure, it must be harder to eat but there's no way it'd taste worse.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

quote:

Currently a service manager at chipotle. All peppers, lettuce, and tomatoes now come pre shredded and washed. Steak also now is pre cooked (well heated in hot water before being shipped to us).. Really the only in house prep we still do is dicing onions and jalapeños and making guac. Everything else is coming pre shredded and ready to serve at a central kitchen. Edit: no changes to chicken. Chicken and steak is still cooked on the grill. Chicken is still in house marinated. Steak is in house marinated as well just comes pre heated already and when we throw it on the grill it's only for 30 seconds each side..

Aw man... :( Sous vide against e.coli.

I guess you can only go for so long before learning the hard way why most restaurants do food shittily: because if you don't, you make people sick.

Mywhatacleanturtle
Jul 23, 2006

This thread is bringing back memories.

When I was about 4 or 5, the daycare I was at served a disgusting mid-summer "treat" called "Tuna Cone". It was basically tuna, mayonnaise, pickle relish, onions and Dijon mustard served in an Ice cream cone. Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures, but it looked about as unappetizing as you'd think.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Data Graham posted:

I guess you can only go for so long before learning the hard way why most restaurants do food shittily: because if you don't, you make people sick.

Nice pun, buddy!

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Mywhatacleanturtle posted:

This thread is bringing back memories.

When I was about 4 or 5, the daycare I was at served a disgusting mid-summer "treat" called "Tuna Cone". It was basically tuna, mayonnaise, pickle relish, onions and Dijon mustard served in an Ice cream cone. Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures, but it looked about as unappetizing as you'd think.

You know, that doesn't sound half bad. For drunk or hungover food, at least.

Tony Bologna
Sep 21, 2007

Talk real good 'cause I'm smart and stuff
When I worked as a dishwasher at the Outback Steakhouse, most of my co-workers would take their meal while working, meaning that they were handling burgers and fried chicken that were being blasted with a steady stream of dirty dishwater, usually with gloves soaked with the same water. I threw up a lot working there.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Someone's going to tell me what this is and I'm even going to be ashamed or horrified.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
Looks like hot peanut butter on snow.

Sugar Bean
Jun 6, 2011

Hangover of no regrets.
With a flaming hazelnut on top?

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce
It's hot poo poo.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

This looks like it tastes like nothing.

Tony Bologna
Sep 21, 2007

Talk real good 'cause I'm smart and stuff

chitoryu12 posted:

This looks like it tastes like nothing.

Like Lirgin Olive Oil

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Hot Carl: desert edition

GIANT OUIJA BOARD
Aug 22, 2011

177 Years of Your Dick
All
Night
Non
Stop

Mashed potatoes flambé

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Roger Craig posted:

Hot Carl: desert edition

I wish I could unsee this phrase.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Japanese shaved ice is a strange thing to me, but this is just like double weird. I'm guessing peanut butter?

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

It's like a horrible version of a baked Alaska-- which are also ugly, but delicious.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Japanese shaved ice is a strange thing to me, but this is just like double weird. I'm guessing peanut butter?

Chocolate. For Valentine's Day. :angel:

Plankhandles
Oct 11, 2012

:ohdear: Please don't eat him

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

DADS desert.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Plankhandles posted:

:ohdear: Please don't eat him

Agreed. Leave him be.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

I mean, you could eat him. Because he is very small. You could just pop him in your mouth, and oops, there he goes.

But please do not.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Data Graham posted:

I read The American Way of Eating by Tracy MacMillan (and I do heartily recommend it) about five years ago and was absolutely shocked when I got to the Applebee's chapter. I have never even imagined that a restaurant chain would cook/process all their food in a central location and then ship it out to be basically be reheated, garnished, and fed to the public. I'm an idiot.

Would.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

cash crab posted:

I mean, you could eat him. Because he is very small. You could just pop him in your mouth, and oops, there he goes.

But please do not.

If he's anything like my flying and tokay geckos, he'll bite first. Hard. Then scream at you about it and run away.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Scathach posted:

If he's anything like my flying and tokay geckos, he'll bite first. Hard. Then scream at you about it and run away.

"Blood, I taste blood. This is raw! Why is this raw!"

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Oh god I feel sleepy just looking at this.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I may have made a huge mistake.

What are the pizza rules again?

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost