Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
like i can't tell if you are joking right now or not :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

JakeP posted:

So you are saying I am scum for trying to play the game, and the town thing to do would be loligag and joke around until the end of time

From what i've seen of SA's meta, yeah all of town sits around and plays with each others nubs until deadline then they turbo someone and start serious on day 2 if they lynched a fellow townie.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Still can't tell if you are serious?

Even how you say it, it is clear you realize that is suboptimal play, so you acting like me playing is scummy seems to be a scummy way to discourage people from trying.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
additionally, your whole "town sits around thing" doesn't even make it out that not sitting around is scummy, even by the way you explain it the scum allow nothing to happen so that the last minute turbo happens, so if you are legit calling me scummy, then I am upgrading my suspision of you

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
That's fine then, it was just a hugely meta read, I don't watch your gameplay enough to know your meta. I just made a wide sweeping generalization and went with it.

The real question I have though, is why me and Bowmore, and not me and Kashuno? Kash was the first person to defend bowmore's decision not to vote me
You questioned him with

JakeP posted:

why not jimson
To which he replied.

Kashuno posted:

Why not bread?

You gave an effort post of

JakeP posted:

well bowmore came into the thread like "who do we turbo" jimson was the candidate and hes like ehhhh but when someone is like hey how bout 50 he is fine with that

seems suspect

To which Kashuno said

Kashuno posted:

He didn't say ehhh

He said nothing.

I feel like your stretching a connection between me and bowmore when the connection between me and Kash can be seen as stronger because bowmores whole argument was LOL BUT JIMSON POSTED MORE.
A legit and very common town strategy is to off lurkers early so we are left with contributing team members, especially when some terribad players equate lurking with being scum.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

welp, looks like my vote is in the right place.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
i skipped all the prior conversation. Bread/Jake scum team wrap it up.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Kashuno posted:

i skipped all the prior conversation. Bread/Jake scum team wrap it up.

lol how can you read jimson and say that

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Jimson posted:

That's fine then, it was just a hugely meta read, I don't watch your gameplay enough to know your meta. I just made a wide sweeping generalization and went with it.

The real question I have though, is why me and Bowmore, and not me and Kashuno? Kash was the first person to defend bowmore's decision not to vote me
You questioned him with

To which he replied.

You gave an effort post of

To which Kashuno said

I feel like your stretching a connection between me and bowmore when the connection between me and Kash can be seen as stronger because bowmores whole argument was LOL BUT JIMSON POSTED MORE.
A legit and very common town strategy is to off lurkers early so we are left with contributing team members, especially when some terribad players equate lurking with being scum.

like look at this loving post

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Like the whole post is literaly just saying what happened but then at the end saying that I should say kash is scum with him instead lol

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Also he claims to be making a meta read, but at the same time admits he has never read me

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
"Sweeping generalization" like how can you say that, and then still pretend you have a valid point at all?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
So yeah kash, id like you to answer me, how did you read that jimson post and come to the conclusion that I am scum with 50

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Jimson is a Bad Poster. Not scum.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Kashuno posted:

Jimson is a Bad Poster. Not scum.

That wasn't my question

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

JakeP posted:

So yeah kash, id like you to answer me, how did you read that jimson post and come to the conclusion that I am scum with 50

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
or are you buddying up to a player you admit to be bad?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
and hey everyone else in this game, feel free to participate, its deadline today and this format gives us 1 mislynch

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I didn't read your flurry of posts, and my read on you has nothing to do with Jimson being a bad poster. I don't usually see you get so defensive which makes me think I'm on the right track

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Kashuno posted:

I didn't read your flurry of posts, and my read on you has nothing to do with Jimson being a bad poster. I don't usually see you get so defensive which makes me think I'm on the right track

Its not defensiveness, its calling out the problems I have with a players posting, who may or may not think I am scum, he hasn't voted me and the things he says make so little sense I really don't understand where his head is at, but you allowing him to post like this and calling me, the logical one putting in effort scum, is either telling or embarassing (for you)

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
And if town thinks its going to win a C9 with this poo poo tier play then lol sign up for role madness games you loving mafia scrublords

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Kashuno posted:

I don't usually see you get so defensive which makes me think I'm on the right track

Also I'd like to point out this is patently untrue, and I am probably one of the most defensive town posters of all time, and have the easiest time finding scum when they are trying to push a mislynch on me

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Do you think I'm scum then Jake?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Kashuno posted:

Do you think I'm scum then Jake?

I am thinking you are scummier now than I did when I went to bed last night, and could even see you being scum with jimson with the awkward way he posted about it

Its hard to say really since you are at this point one of the only people actually engaging in the thread, and the scum could easily be one of Hal, Amoeba, 50, or bowmore who have been pretty reserved all game.

If the town is lurking we are going to lose

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
like really if the day was going to end today, and I had to lynch someone it would be amoeba since he literally has done nothing, and bowmores excuse to not lynch him is they are buddies

I can understand the bowmore thing either way with alignment, but if amoeba flips scum I will feel it is way less of a null tell

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
i could see how you could say the same wrt me and 50 in that I suggested alternatives to his lynch, but really I am indifferent to a 50 lynch and just want to see where players heads are at regarding other players

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Ultimately i'd like to go into tomorrow with one less player who will not participate in the game, whether it be amoeba, 50, hal, or bowmore tonight

Bowmore has posted more than the other players, but only when he has been directly engaged

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

##vote Jakep

Jake is scum. The end. Vote him and see, either way town victory is going to hinge on whether or not we get rid of him early.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
i'd agree to lynch any lurker because we have so few players.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Jimson posted:

##vote Jakep

Jake is scum. The end. Vote him and see, either way town victory is going to hinge on whether or not we get rid of him early.

you are not helping yourself.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Kashuno posted:

you are not helping yourself.

Doesn't matter. I am town, my only focus is uprooting scum.
JakeP is posting crazy defensive, and when you confronted him about it his justification was rephrasing the exact same reason you said he was posting defensively

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
jesus christ jimson if you are town you are shameful

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

JakeP posted:

jesus christ jimson if you are town you are shameful

every game he's town in :lol:

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
if I get lynched today in this game I am legit retiring from mafia on this forum as well, because so far this game has just been an embarassment of effort from pretty much everyone that isn't me

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Kashuno posted:

every game he's town in :lol:

i've never played with him before i guess :shrug:

hes frustrating as all hell

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

JakeP posted:

if I get lynched today in this game I am legit retiring from mafia on this forum as well, because so far this game has just been an embarassment of effort from pretty much everyone that isn't me

pls don't make these kind of threats now I can't lynch you today.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

JakeP, if your not scum then prove it. What's your flavor?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
i'm just irritated that more than half the game isn't playing

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Jimson posted:

JakeP, if your not scum then prove it. What's your flavor?

don't do this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

JakeP posted:

don't do this

Don't do what? Ask you to provide evidence, why are you being so awkward about this? From what I can tell from my flavor there are 2 distinct factions, it's a simple matter of proving your town.

• Locked thread