Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Popcorn posted:

Little by Little owns. It's sexy and slinky and catchy and silly all at the same time. The only thing that bugs me is the apparent lack of bass guitar. I mean, isn't that weird? To just have no bassline at all (at least on the record)?

Feral only has like one six second bass doodle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
But it's an awesome bass doodle.

Popcorn
May 25, 2004

You're both fuckin' banned!

Nail Rat posted:

Feral only has like one six second bass doodle.

That's a different kettle of fish, that's an abstract, cut-up electronic track. But Little by Little is a rock song with guitars, choruses and a bridge.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
Little By Little's sound is great. All those acoustic sounds that fill up the space left behind by the low tempo guitars. Great!

It's only downside is that you got to listen to Mr. Magpie before it!

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Rollersnake posted:

Faithless, the Wonder Boy is a fun glimpse of an alternate universe where Thom Yorke was the frontman for Weezer.

Also the Drill/Itch version of Thinking About You is far superior to the album version.

Now there's an image. Imagine that Islands in the Sun video with the muppets, but replace Cuomo with Yorke.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Now there's an image. Imagine that Islands in the Sun video with the muppets, but replace Cuomo with Yorke.

The Muppets are in the Keep Fishin' video. Different album altogether.

Popcorn
May 25, 2004

No news yet, but to tide everyone over, here is a song I posted in the last thread by Beacon, which I think any fan of Thom Yorke, bleeps and bloops should enjoy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcZhTkBeS8s

This has some of the best opening bleeps and bloops to ever open a piece of song IMO.

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

This thread was a wad shot way too early and LP9 is still an unknown. These forums as a whole show terrible taste in things...

I posted an actual song where Thom did guest vocals on and it got no views - no discussion, nothin'. Go over to Reddit if you want to hang on LP9.

Here we just float like jellyfish. People who love Radiohead don't swamp here. This isn't a place of love and sharing. Karma Police is a part of the musical fabric - you can busk it anywhere and people know it. That's cool :)

You think your similar bloops will catch fire Corny?! ;) Maybe. Gave it a listen.

Bless your soul. Post some covers from your friends! That's Radiohead-themed. Liven it up.

I await seeing this band in sunny Lisbon. I want to see what this band means to people who don't link the band to their Chris Morris era Britpop culture enlightenment or American Dubya years... or anything, gently caress tags and labels and filters that must be applied. That is a shot at myself, for this band is now colossal - I am just going to see Radiohead at a festival in Portugal! That's gonna be awesome.

Experience music where you find it.

They have given me an incredible journey full of meaning and wonder and given me threads I have followed. Good people, with a positive effort.

And opinions will seethe and fume for years online, things will get deeper in deeper in the hole, as thinks get ranked, shuffled, hot topics get acerbically bated.

Popcorn old chum, or anyone, I thoroughly recommend this book:

http://stephenwittbooks.com/books/how-music-got-free-hc

It is brilliant. I remember Kid A leaking early. Old's cool.

------------

There is Radiohead news! There is always news. News is a myth anyway.

quote:

Radiohead frontman Thom Yorke has finally put his foot down and used a court order to demand Ted Cruz immediately cease not using “Creep” during campaign events.

Yorke argued that although Cruz is uniquely suited to enter every room ever to this song, he was only being ordered to use it during official campaign events.

“It’s truly unconscionable that this weirdo thinks he can get away with not using this song,” said Yorke. “What the hell is he doing?”

Yorke offered Cruz’s failure to use the song as evidence that he doesn’t belong on the national stage.

http://stubhillnews.com/2016/04/02/radiohead-cruz/

Rather than use the courts, The Lonely Island band said Cruz’s continued failure to use their song “The Creep” would result in a punch in the jeans.

Discuss that all you want!!

-------

Thom tweeted a picture of his skylight. I remembered it from an awkward Kid A interview. Other parts of the internet went crazy (the internet is where crazy lives).

This band. They could play more shows, they know there is demand. But nope. Nope. Thom angrily tweets, he is still stuck inside the machine Pink Floyd warned him about. Syd Barrett would be rolling in his grave if he was really dead.

When LP9 drops I'll listen to it gladly because that's all that matters - the feeling I get when the sound they make hits my ears. I think they will be happy to be judged that way.

Can't wait for the CAN-style "Lost tapes", the Beatles Anthology alternate takes; the mixing desk leaks when they no longer care about their empire of sound, to pore over when I am an old fucker, just look at the Steve Hoffman forums. But they aren't done yet!

Bleep! Bloop! Gentrification!! Anxiety and nausea and unicorns. Thom, are you doing it again?

Thom is 47 years old and may his deity bless him for still getting the old gang back together to unleash something for a reason.

Edit:

Thom walks into the room.

THOM: Bleep bloop! Pause the album lads! Get off the Twitter. The wife's only bloody gone and left Thom Yorke!

THE RADIOHEADS: Ye Gods. The album needs to be re-shuffled on the 1999 Minidisc player then. Unplug the wire Colin. Please not erased. Can we get down to some Coldplay angst or Roots Manuva? Will we get some honest-to-god SONGS? Are you all worked up Thom? Fired up and angry? Want to pick up my Ibanez?Can Jonny just DO?

THOM: (Dancing backwards, with a porkpie hat on) (winks, saucily, into the mirror)

NIGEL: I'll be around still when you're ready lads.

STANLEY (in robot voice like that butler from Clone High): I also *muses, reads new Irvine Welsh novel to kill time*

I'll finish this terrible skit when I know what the next album is "about"

ZoDiAC_ fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Apr 3, 2016

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
What else ye been up to

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

Me? Loads mate. Hectic, life, innit. Musing about that Brexit. Yourself?

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Shut the fukkup.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

ZoDiAC_ posted:

I posted an actual song where Thom did guest vocals on and it got no views - no discussion, nothin'. Go over to Reddit if you want to hang on LP9.

Welcome to NMD, I'll be your guide.

NMD was once a bustling hub of no music discussion. Until the purge, that is, until SA Last-Read

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
What's SA Last Read?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

The plug-in/site update that takes you to the last read post of a subscribed thread.

Before it people ventured out of their user control panel a lot more often and the creative subforums weren't a graveyard.

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

Yeah. I'm not gonna leak it

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

Who tells em

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

I write songs you know. We all do.

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

Omg Thom wrestlemania-xv is on produce a new album or read a book

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

, I'm using my tablet to type you make s*** on Jericho winning but the thing is new generation need to learn that you apply technique to win that's all it is come on love has gone before don't just live in a little bubble

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

Prevent me probate me badly I am the real face of a number of anonymous Dr robot but nothing on me the thing is Rotax spoke to me years ago the thing is somewhere

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

Haha before I get banned

Free speech

I held my tablet auto trained to the tv

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

This is how we get music free

Caps locl used to make sense.

Police come raid me

The world revolver s

Around me

Nothing will happen

Watch

Children of Menn

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

Paul's website

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

Create my own business or myth I am

Super hot you've played again

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

Whatever

Generation y

Thom Yorke will gladly tell you the next radiohead album is inside

Me

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

Marketing schism.

My best friend is a John he is a teacher. 1984 poo poo this

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

If you just let me come off my funny drugs,

Radiohead is a zen koan meaning listen to your head music

Listen to the radio in your head and that's the real lp9

Haha I'm headlining nos alive by bringing my guitar

That perfectly explains why this ends in no announce ment

And why my windows not kicked in

INVENT NOTIERIRTYU

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

Serious
Y

ICHIBAHN posted:

What else ye been up to

ICHIBAHN posted:

What else ye been up to

Watching wrestling

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

I just want to hear Lee Mavers second album

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

These forums really have gone to poo poo. But then nmd is pretty horrible

I'm doing no harm.

Everyone else is outside.

ZoDiAC_ fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Apr 4, 2016

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

Seriously I have been writing songs. Pm me if you want to hear them.

I only get probated in fyad

Banned now maybe.

Don't know the rules anymore.

Why are you delving in to my life anyway? Nosy bastards

So there's no new Radiohead album

Maybe they are out of poo poo.

Hey popcorn is living in Japan and knows a Radiohead covers band but does he have the vision to guide them into a new project of his own?

Dunno.

Go read my nootropics op in tcc

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

Radiohead should do wrestling entrance music.

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

loving hell Shane mate.

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Welcome to NMD, I'll be your guide.

NMD was once a bustling hub of no music discussion. Until the purge, that is, until SA Last-Read

It isn't actually that good a music forum

Pm me if I'm banned we can discuss, I don't envy you

Do weigh content vs interest vs news.

You all should be loving and living music, the top ten threads here don't capture what music goes on over youtube, cities, locales, hearts etc.

Popcorn seriously needs to contribute more though. I'm no grass but he knows a radiohead cover band who are poo poo hot
Music is loving brilliant though

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

ZoDiAC_ posted:

This is a good idea. The band have left massive hints...

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

ZoDiAC_ posted:

If you just let me come off my funny drugs,

Haha I'm headlining nos alive by bringing my guitar

That perfectly explains why this ends in no announce ment

And why my windows not kicked in

INVENT NOTIERIRTYU

This was invent your own notoriety.

Do you recall the wall of ice nfo.

Radiohead have it sussed,

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

Hey mods ban if you must but I want to treat this forum like a garden (grow)

Probate i understand

Sorry ain't no lp9 yet

Any day now though. Love that sense of wonder.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Mods, to be fair, Wrestlemania 32 really did feel like a drug trip at times. Sad to see the toll it's taken on this poster.

Popcorn
May 25, 2004

I worry about Radiohead fans sometimes. This wait has really damaged a few people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Let's rank some albums guys!!

In Rainbows is my favorite.