Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

Spiritus Nox posted:

I mentioned it a while back, but one of the things I liked about the show is that the girls were all reasonably filled out as characters and clearly weren't conceived primarily as objects of fanservice - and the fanservice that is there is pretty much all more cute than sexual.

Ema's little exercise dance on the roof. :3: I wonder why she was counting in 3 separate languages?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Artificer posted:

Ema's little exercise dance on the roof. :3: I wonder why she was counting in 3 separate languages?

It's just part of the dance. Also it was 4 languages. She and Iguchi do Spanish when they do it together.

Jintor
May 19, 2014

yeah i'm glad they excised almost all the sexy fanservice and put it into the merch instead so I don't have to bother with any of it unless I want to. I was half-tempted by the swimsuit book when it popped up in my amazon recommendations

The director and his two producers doing those hilarious poses was great

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
The latest episode of Hackadoll is a Shirobako parody titled "Kurobako". Basically a condensed Shirobako with the despair turned up 200%. Worth watching imo.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Ok. Yes, that was pretty funny.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

I died on the don don donats cameo, i'm a ghost now, continuing my shitposts

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

shitposts coast to coast

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

If they're making another OVA, I hope it's Andes Chucky.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Has anybody gotten their hands on the Sentai blu-rays, how good/bad are they

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

dragon enthusiast posted:

Is it all out as one set yet?

krnhotwings
May 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer

I've actually had it for a while but had yet to open it. Watching it now, and so far it seems fine. Somebody on Amazon complained that the video quality is not as good as CR's SD stream, but it looks crisp and clean to me. :shrug: Audio sounds fine too, but it's not like there's much going on in terms of sound in Shirobako.

Translations, for the most part, are fine... Sometimes, the translation will sound funky or sometimes just incorrect (for instance, "Okay?" instead of "What?" or "Huh?" when somebody said "Hai?")

Sometimes, there'll be a translation note at the top, which... is fine. Like, sometimes it helps to add the note, sometimes it's not necessary. Honorifics are added to names at times, sometimes dropped completely. Not sure how they determined when to drop them, but it's better than using English honorifics (Mr, Ms... etc. I personally hate it when translations do that.)

In terms of complaints... they used a plain yellow font (blech.) They disabled the ability to turn off subs. When name cards pop up next to the characters, the English translations are placed directly on top of the Japanese text, so it gets hard to read. When they're subbing background and foreground lines, they'll bunch both of them at the bottom, so it gets hard to tell which you should be paying attention to (whether it's the top or bottom line, or the white or yellow font.)

One super annoying thing is that they added a completely silent black and white credits chapter to the end of each episode.

Overall, it's definitely not terrible. It's got its flaws, but I think it's worth the money. However, I also really Shirobako, so I would've gotten the BD regardless. :)

Edit: The first OVA is not included.. I doubt either OVA will be included in the second BD.

PaganGoatPants posted:

Is it all out as one set yet?
No. The second half isn't out yet.

krnhotwings fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Apr 4, 2016

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
if this show were accurate every character would look like that sad otaku in paranoia agent

the one who's in the show for like 5 seconds when he buys a prostitute

KoB
May 1, 2009
Finished this show up last week finally, and it is good.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Mr. Unlucky posted:

if this show were accurate every character would look like that sad otaku in paranoia agent

the one who's in the show for like 5 seconds when he buys a prostitute

like half the characters are based on real people

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

krnhotwings posted:

I've actually had it for a while but had yet to open it. Watching it now, and so far it seems fine. Somebody on Amazon complained that the video quality is not as good as CR's SD stream, but it looks crisp and clean to me. :shrug: Audio sounds fine too, but it's not like there's much going on in terms of sound in Shirobako.

Translations, for the most part, are fine... Sometimes, the translation will sound funky or sometimes just incorrect (for instance, "Okay?" instead of "What?" or "Huh?" when somebody said "Hai?")

Sometimes, there'll be a translation note at the top, which... is fine. Like, sometimes it helps to add the note, sometimes it's not necessary. Honorifics are added to names at times, sometimes dropped completely. Not sure how they determined when to drop them, but it's better than using English honorifics (Mr, Ms... etc. I personally hate it when translations do that.)

In terms of complaints... they used a plain yellow font (blech.) They disabled the ability to turn off subs. When name cards pop up next to the characters, the English translations are placed directly on top of the Japanese text, so it gets hard to read. When they're subbing background and foreground lines, they'll bunch both of them at the bottom, so it gets hard to tell which you should be paying attention to (whether it's the top or bottom line, or the white or yellow font.)

One super annoying thing is that they added a completely silent black and white credits chapter to the end of each episode.

Overall, it's definitely not terrible. It's got its flaws, but I think it's worth the money. However, I also really Shirobako, so I would've gotten the BD regardless. :)

Edit: The first OVA is not included.. I doubt either OVA will be included in the second BD.

No. The second half isn't out yet.

Thanks, I'll probably buy both when the second blu-ray releases.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Im usually fine with shows ending. In fact its one of reason I love anime, since most of them have an end of some sort that isn't just "stopped being popular got cancelled"

But rewatching the show, I really wanna see a movie about them doing a movie production :<

Jintor
May 19, 2014

krnhotwings posted:

Sometimes, the translation will sound funky or sometimes just incorrect (for instance, "Okay?" instead of "What?" or "Huh?" when somebody said "Hai?")

That doesn't seem that incorrect... なに or はい are goddamn more on the order of grunts in usage than actual words imho

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Jintor posted:

That doesn't seem that incorrect... なに or はい are goddamn more on the order of grunts in usage than actual words imho

Hai?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I have definitely heard and said "...okay?" in response to someone making a statement that I didn't understand, so depending on context, it's a valid translation.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-04-09/shirobako-producers-discuss-possibility-of-sequel/.100825 this was a few days ago and L@@K!!!!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

When asked what episode they would like to see if there were a sequel, Horikawa replied, "We've got plenty of material to work off of," and "I want to see a story about Aoi going back to her hometown and teaching an anime class for children."

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

:pray:

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
I'd be cool with that ep as long as she realizes she prefers actually creating anime at the end! Bad children!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Children are the future

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

Welcome to anime class. Let's go nuts.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'm okay with any series as long as it's not the increasingly poo poo life of Zuka-chan-senpai

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

Aoi - teaching the anime class

Ema - Doodling at the back

Zuka - Class clown

Diesel - On library duty

Misa - Modelling cg tires

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
"Hey, you know what, there aren't enough amines that deal with the working lives of adults."

"WE NEED TO PUT SCHOOL UNIFORMS IN SEASON 2, HOW CAN WE DO THIS"

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
As long Tarou is back.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

.jpg posted:

Aoi - teaching the anime class

Ema - Doodling at the back

Zuka - Class clown

Diesel - On library duty

Misa - Modelling cg tires

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Agronox posted:

"Hey, you know what, there aren't enough amines that deal with the working lives of adults."

"WE NEED TO PUT SCHOOL UNIFORMS IN SEASON 2, HOW CAN WE DO THIS"

gothic lolita women's koushien was good though

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

gothic lolita women's koushien was good though

When that came on screen I said out loud that I would watch that series, and I stand by my statement.

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

In Training posted:

When asked what episode they would like to see if there were a sequel, Horikawa replied, "We've got plenty of material to work off of," and "I want to see a story about Aoi going back to her hometown and teaching an anime class for children."

Just what you'd expect from the master, Ms. Aoi.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
That they're talking publicly about vague ideas for a sequel is most likely a sign that there aren't any actual plans right now, unfortunately :(. I think if they actually had something in the works they would want to keep quiet about it until they're ready to reveal, or actually make a real announcement.

I really really want more SB but all the signs say that if it comes back, it'll be years from now.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
I will wait for it as long as it takes

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

mikeycp posted:

When that came on screen I said out loud that I would watch that series, and I stand by my statement.

:same:

I wish they at least made an extra episode of it, like they did with Exodus and 3rd Aerial Girls.

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N

Five years from now they will announce Shirobako and Chihayafuru for the same season, and I will die and ascend to heaven.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

Hargrimm posted:

Five years from now they will announce Shirobako and Chihayafuru for the same season, and I will die and ascend to heaven.

And Spice and Wolf? :unsmith:

• Locked thread