Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

"I saw the face of GOD, man!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
That dog needs a collar that says MY NAME IS LOCKJAW AND I LIKE HUGS.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Busket Posket posted:

Spoiler stuff

My husband was super allergic to our first cat, it took about seven months until his body decided the cat wasn't an issue. The second one made him sneeze but not for long, and by the time we got the other two he was fine :) Hopefully it'll happen to you!

SwissDonkey
Mar 29, 2007

This is Juno (aka Junecat). She thinks she's majestic.

But in reality she's just a huge derp.

She's super placid, loves tummy rubs and never bites or scratches intentionally. She even stands up to the abuse of my nine month old daughter, she just lays there and takes it, and when she's had enough she walks away. Best kitty.

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

some!?
                                                                                                         /

:(
                                                                                                         /

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨

Scathach posted:

My husband was super allergic to our first cat, it took about seven months until his body decided the cat wasn't an issue. The second one made him sneeze but not for long, and by the time we got the other two he was fine :) Hopefully it'll happen to you!

Thank you for the words of hope :3:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

http://i.imgur.com/ulkOipk.mp4

internet cat

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/34158404/cookiecat.mp4

my dum cat

smilingfish
Sep 18, 2012

fuck you i am smart

IMJack posted:

My sister's sweet old Rottweiler lady left us this afternoon.

May I ask for cute Rottweilers? Or other gentle giants?

Did someone say gentle giant? Here's my mom's Pit/Lab mix who thinks he's a lap dog.

Sorry for your loss.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Big dogs who think they're lap dogs are the best :allears:

Otters just slay me. They sound exactly like squeaky dog toys and it's unbelievable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFqeWTfVi3I

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

What hath science wrought??

Sonofabiiiiiiiiiiitch
http://i.imgur.com/c2wRFnh.webm

My soul is like this squirrel: Aloft on the breeze and stealing your nuts.

Imposter!

coffeecup
Feb 26, 2016

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

My soul is like this squirrel: Aloft on the breeze and stealing your nuts.

"CYA LATER SHITLORDS"

also I assume/hope the shot of the actual takeoff is staged using a fake squirrel

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

One thing I never got about people who hate squirrels hitting up their bird feeders is, if that keeps happening, why don't they just put out a squirrel feeder closer to the squirrel's habitat?

Although watching that squirrel spin around is a bit funny.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
http://imgur.com/gallery/gn5Xf

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

SwissDonkey posted:

She's super placid, loves tummy rubs and never bites or scratches intentionally. She even stands up to the abuse of my nine month old daughter, she just lays there and takes it, and when she's had enough she walks away. Best kitty.

I am super into this cat's weird head.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Speaking of gentle giants, I always thought Nikolai was cute as hell :kimchi:

Lipumira
May 6, 2007

FIRE!

Kwyndig posted:

One thing I never got about people who hate squirrels hitting up their bird feeders is, if that keeps happening, why don't they just put out a squirrel feeder closer to the squirrel's habitat?

I specifically buy birdseed that has sunflower seeds in it so that there's enough spilled out for the squirrels. All are welcome!

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Kwyndig posted:

I asked my grandmother this once; she said it's because the squirrels are greedy little bastards who'll eat out of the squirrel feeder, and still ransack the bird feeders.

Mind you she said this after having installed a squirrel-feeder anyway, and every time we visited, every afternoon without fail a squirrel was sound asleep half in and half out of the thing after having gorged himself to the point of food-coma.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Lipumira posted:

I specifically buy birdseed that has sunflower seeds in it so that there's enough spilled out for the squirrels. All are welcome!

There's a special spicy birdseed you can buy that has chilis in it to ostensibly deter squirrels. :3: Apparently squirrels love spicy seeds!

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.

SwissDonkey posted:

This is definitely the face of a cat who thinks she is majestic but in fact is a huge derp.

QUACKTASTIC posted:

some!?
                                                                                                         /

:(
                                                                                                         /

And so is this.

cash crab posted:

There's a special spicy birdseed you can buy that has chilis in it to ostensibly deter squirrels. :3: Apparently squirrels love spicy seeds!

It's okay for the birds, though?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Birds naturally lack the receptors that make mammals react to spicy foods. They can eat things that are so spicy humans would find them inedible.

BlueKingBar
Jan 25, 2016

Hey guys let's just literally never talk to me again maybe that'll fix things
Isn't "spiciness" technically just physical pain on your skin?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Yes, a chemical found in most spice sticks to your taste buds and tells your brain that what you're eating is really hot, depending on how much of the chemical there is. Your weird human brain interprets the chemical as painful, but acknowledges that what you're eating is food, and so it's like gently caress dude I dunno I guess this is a good thing and releases positive endorphins in response. So if you lack the receptors on your taste buds to tell your brain that stuff, spicy food won't taste hot to you. Birds and probably a lot of animal species' lack those because it's not like they encounter wild roaming gangs of hot sauce bottles or whathaveyou.

BlueKingBar
Jan 25, 2016

Hey guys let's just literally never talk to me again maybe that'll fix things

CJacobs posted:

Yes, a chemical found in most spice sticks to your taste buds and tells your brain that what you're eating is really hot, depending on how much of the chemical there is. Your weird human brain interprets the chemical as painful, but acknowledges that what you're eating is food, and so it's like gently caress dude I dunno I guess this is a good thing and releases positive endorphins in response. So if you lack the receptors on your taste buds to tell your brain that stuff, spicy food won't taste hot to you. Birds and probably a lot of animal species' lack those because it's not like they encounter wild roaming gangs of hot sauce bottles or whathaveyou.

You couldn't have explained it better. Thanks dude.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!
It's actually really important for the peppers. The seeds of peppers are not transmitted by mammals very well as opposed to birds, so peppers evolved to create piperine and capsaicin, chemicals that cause pain in mammals but not birds. In addition, capsaicin is harmful to parasitic fungi.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

At the last place I worked my coworkers would put nuts on the windowsill for the squirrels. That summer we all learned that squirrels have a pretty good memory for food sources and have no qualms about tearing your desk apart looking for the nuts if you forget to put them out one day.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

My Lovely Horse posted:

At the last place I worked my coworkers would put nuts on the windowsill for the squirrels. That summer we all learned that squirrels have a pretty good memory for food sources and have no qualms about tearing your desk apart looking for the nuts if you forget to put them out one day.

I read about a guy who had a pack of crows following his car around for a similar reason. They kept doing this after he sold the car, and the guy he sold it to had no idea what the gently caress.

SwissDonkey
Mar 29, 2007

Proof of derpcat. Front end catloaf, back end derpin'.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

I'm jealous of Schroedinger and her snoozing. She makes it look so effortless.

I wish I could sleep half as well as this cat.

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

queserasera posted:

I'm jealous of Schroedinger and her snoozing. She makes it look so effortless.

I wish I could sleep half as well as this cat.

schroedinger was the scientist, it's actually schroedinger's monster
(is the belly a trap)

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark.
Lipstick Apathy

My Lovely Horse posted:

Oh they are super good at remembering. There was a nice little woody courtyard in the middle of the dorm I lived in my sophomore year. Always full of squirrels, squirrels that had no issues with people. I gave half a pringle to a squirrel on a railing near my entrance one day and he spent the spring learning my schedule and then demanding a toll from me so I could get in my building.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

vaguely posted:

schroedinger was the scientist, it's actually schroedinger's monster
(is the belly a trap)

The cat is a superposition of states. It is only when you rub the belly that you collapse the waveform and determine whether it is a trap or not.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Gorilla Salad posted:

Another giant floating dog head:

:kimchi: wanna give this guy all the hugs

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Blue Footed Booby posted:

I read about a guy who had a pack of crows following his car around for a similar reason. They kept doing this after he sold the car, and the guy he sold it to had no idea what the gently caress.

Crows are pretty smart, they and the whole corvid family are avid tool users, including using cars to crack nuts (waiting for the light to turn red to pick them up).

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I asked my grandmother this once; she said it's because the squirrels are greedy little bastards who'll eat out of the squirrel feeder, and still ransack the bird feeders.

Mind you she said this after having installed a squirrel-feeder anyway, and every time we visited, every afternoon without fail a squirrel was sound asleep half in and half out of the thing after having gorged himself to the point of food-coma.

Reminds me of the possum who found his way inside a pastry shop and ate so much he couldn't even move when the owners found him the next day.

For reference - he fit through that tiny chewed hole, now look how fat he is.

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

Gorilla Salad posted:

Another giant floating dog head:

I showed this to my girlfriend and we've just been making this face at each other randomly since

It's okay, buddy, you're still a good dog :kimchi:

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

SwissDonkey posted:

cash crab posted:

I am super into this cat's weird head.

Same, this cat needs a blog, or Instagram, or something stat. Juno :gurf: :love:

StrangersInTheNight has a new favorite as of 16:08 on Apr 4, 2016

DiscoDickTease
Mar 19, 2009

Hi, boys and girls, I'm Jimmy Carl Black, and I'm the Indian of the group!

its all I can see

DiscoDickTease has a new favorite as of 16:15 on Apr 4, 2016

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

DiscoDickTease posted:

its all I can see
Sorry, but I just can't see how - he doesn't look like a bitch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrewingTea
Jun 2, 2004

What?